It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scores Of Dead Russians from the Cold....millions told don't drink alcohol to get warm.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
A current complex emergency according to this link.hisz.rsoe.hu...

Its amazing how after all this time the Russians haven't cared enough abou the millions of poor...to save them from the cold.
They are told do not drink vodka..die sober.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I wish I knew why people think booze keeps someone warm.

I've had some bloody freezing nights outdoors where the bottle of plonk was not keeping me warm at all. Just making me hungry, and numbing the shivering to a painful rumble.

It makes sense to tell people that the ol' vodka isn't going to save them. If they are under that misunderstanding, that is. Pretty sure however, if old barny barfly wants a snifter of brown bag stolly, he can happily partake as he freezes to death.

I have always found alcohol to be unsatisfying as a thirst quencher or included with a meal. So when people give me a cold beer on a stinking hot day after sweating out in the yard, I politely thank them and get water. Pisses me off really, I want the beer when I'm not dehydrated and in the midst of energy expending.

In the heat it causes delirium quite quickly. and in the cold I can imagine it causing premature death when the body fails to respond normally to the environment.

It's like watching someone who never drinks, suffer a traumatic experience, and then drink neat scotch like water... BOLLOCKS. It's horrible and someone who doesn't drink will not go "Oh yeah baby, where have you been all my life." - they'll go "Oh christ, this is foul.." and hit the bottle of 7up.

Screw the cake, the dog is a lie!!!!

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Jeezuz no goverment gives a ship about their people anymore.....

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
with good cause if you ask me

"The idea that alcohol warms people up from within in freezing weather is wrong. Alcohol only can only mislead people and their defenses - it can make people feel that they are warm. Alcohol is harmful in cold weather. One needs normal hearty food and warm clothing to be safe," Russia's Chief Sanitary Doctor Gennady Onishchenko said. Very cold weather has come to almost the entire territory of Russia last week. Daytime temperatures vary from minus 17-20 in Moscow to minus 50 in Siberia. As usual, the Russians were not prepared to sudden cold. In Novosibirsk, people have to live in cold apartments. Twelve apartment buildings on Nikitin Street were left without heating after a heat pipeline burst. Ecology in Siberian cities worsens considerably because of low temperatures. Many drivers do not shut off engines for the night to be able to use their cars in the morning. As a result, everything is shrouded in dense smog.

I think they care
edit on 12/20/2012 by dedpope because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionsWitness
A current complex emergency according to this link.hisz.rsoe.hu...

Its amazing how after all this time the Russians haven't cared enough abou the millions of poor...to save them from the cold.
They are told do not drink vodka..die sober.

Alcohol does not keep you warm. It's an illusion.

It thins the blood and actually helps to die quicker.

Peace

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
No doubt you are right alcohol may not warm the internal core temperature although it does quicken the pulse?
The point of the thread is the Russian Government knows the cold is killing and has done for centuries in this region ..they have vast resources of gas ect but millions shiver, because they cannot afford to pay for heating.
Yes stay sober comrades..whilst you shiver to death.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Inviting to an existing thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join