It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
To add to previous post:

Even NASA has been concerned about how many people are stressing over this. They have tried hard to debunk the theories. The fact that they bothered to do this is more evidence of how wide-spread the fear actually is. If it was just a few people who were concerned, would NASA have wasted their efforts?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
There are a lot of people blowing their life savings thinking this is truly the end, what are those people going to do?

Show me one. You know people don't really believe when they are backing away from the idea when Friday is still days away, btw (random side point). Why back off now? Is there supposed to be a bad smell in the air or something this close to the date? No -- you just never truly believed, and now you're coming clean.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by BlueAjah

Another thought... what if NASA seeking to quell the worries actually served to make them even more mainstream?

Something along the lines of saying "One shouldn't yell fire in a crowded movie house", while IN a crowded movie house might be overheard, partially, as just "fire" causing the very panic the statement was meant to avoid.

One leg more in the rabbit hole.... What if that was the POINT of NASA doing so??? A deliberate injection of information calculated and meant to disperse the fear? The intellectual equivalent of a dirty bomb?

While I am just throwing out ideas here, I honestly would not be shocked if the 90 day period after 12/21/12 sees some massive paradigm shift. If that does happen? Then I'll be back, possibly revisiting this type of thought from a much different perspective.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I'd say a lot of people that are not 'sheep' are expecting something to happen in Friday. After we enter 2013 and nothing happens, there could be massive movement gradually starting to happening. One way or another, after 2012 we're crossing threshold into reality.

By reality I mean realization that there's no person or event we should wait for any reason (to save us or to cause catastrophe), but all changes are upon us.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
I tend to disagree with the OP and feel it will offer a chance for humanity to hopefully get behind something more meaningful than 2012 fear mongering propaganda that mainstream media has built it up to be.

I believe that the passing of 12/21/12 will be a positive thing for the general populace. I hope we can focus our energies on something more productive and progressive as a community, a world wide community. I hope we can stop with the nonsense of these dates and what they might bring(1984/1999/2000/2012).

When I first stumbled upon the ATS website in 2008 I did tend to eat up everything I was reading, I wanted to believe, but as time went on and the outrageous turned into the ridiculous and so on and so forth, I realized there obviously is no end to us. When there are cataclysmic events that take place in North America, Europe, Asia, etc, we will still push forward and band together.

I do want to believe that there will be a shift in consciousness, because for the majority of people who have been exposed to at least a small percentage of ideas and theories regarding 2012, they will be transformed some how, even in the slightest way, when 12/21/12 comes and passes without much hoopla. Like other posts have stated, there quite possibly will be random acts of violence, there may be some weather phenomena, there might be acts of war, hell, there may even be a UFO sighting that holds some credibility(not much concrete proof of aliens yet). When Dec 21 comes and goes I believe our collective unconscious will take a sigh of relief and we will be able to move on and tackle more meaningful things going on in our very fragile world and economy.

I hope everyone enjoys the holidays and enjoys the company you have in your lives, because, life is short.
edit on 18-12-2012 by unknown known because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
Very interesting and many good ideas have come out of this thread. (Stars and Flags of course)
But, I am curious why more do not know the whole story, with Terrence McKenna and Time Wave Zero theory of Novelty? I am not the best person to explain Novelty, but one of the things that has been brought out is how it is linked closely to the Stock Market crashes, and this video does a good job of explaining it

It should be NO surprise that we are about to have a BIG CRASH.
Fiscal Cliffs and our governments madness at the core has driven not just our future as Americans, but a cultural Meme has taken a life of it's own, and became a Tulpa that Now Looms just a few days away. As one who likes to play with Tulpa, I will be sure to be tapping into the Vast Amount of ''magickal' Etheric / Astral-emotional Energy that will be present that day. It Will Be MASSIVE IN ENERGY,, no matter if you believe or not. Collective Consciousness has Created A Vacuum Spot in Time and Space,, here on Gaia/Earth. The PTB are going to be manipulating it, I suggest you get your 'piece of the pie' energy wise that day

As said before here in this thread, it is the After effects that we need worry about, mainly because our PTB friends (Illuminatii, 1% Elite, Aliens, NWO etc etc) might have figured a way to STEER The Whole Boat, by Hi Jacking this idea of Novelty and the Zero point as addressed by McKenna, and will use it to capture the Anima and Animus of our Collective selves as Human Beings. I know sounds just like most 'crazy' ideas about the date. But the evidence is the madness of the Hype itself. The Energy is there.

This is the Make it or Break it time for Mankind, and unfortunately,, the masses have been hypnotised into seeing the date 12/21/12 as a Doomsday, when it could have been steered towards our salvation, by finally taking back what has been stolen from humanity by Power Elites, our Humanity.

We are SLAVES and

Friday could be our day of Emancipation.

Or, FEAR can grasp us all by the Throat, and we allow ourselves to be made into robot serfs for an Elite who care not for the masses.

I suggest Reverent Silence for the Whole Day Friday.
Be as Meditatively Quiet as possible for as long as you can,

Don't jump to the conclusion that 'nothing' happened.

You will be wrong.

Bravo, EarthCitizen23! Well thought out post. And I agree 100%

If everyone would think good, loving thoughts on that day, and the days to follow, the collective conscious would whip some serious a**! I will be doing my part.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Thanks for the great post Hefficide, you've put into words what many of us have been thinking to one degree or another. I, too, have been wondering what's going to happen on that date, and if nothing, what will be the result? Some say that there's a collective unconscious that we're all tapped into, Carl Jung being the one who coined the phrase. It makes me wonder if it's possible that there are enough people on the planet expecting something to happen to manifest something from all of this energy pushed into the collective unconscious?

We've all heard the politicians saying, "Never let a crisis go to waste.". It would seem to me that government could do something significant (even in the form of a false flag) on that date just because everyone's expecting it, and it would reinforce belief in predicting the future that the government may be able to exploit. It just feels to me like an opportune time to do something big. Many want a significant population reduction. This might be it.

As you said, if nothing happens, there are going to be many people who are going to be crashing down. We need to be thinking about this, and be as prepared for it as possible.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Heff you are ruining everything here.

My only question is will I still have to pay my bills and live up to my responsibilities after the 21st?

Not sure I really want the answer to the question.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
and to wrap it up with some more TOOL lyrics via "Vicarious"

Eye on the TV
'cause tragedy thrills me
Whatever flavour
It happens to be like;
Killed by the husband
Drowned by the ocean
Shot by his own son
She used the poison in his tea
And kissed him goodbye
That's my kind of story
It's no fun 'til someone dies

Don't look at me like
I am a monster
Frown out your one face
But with the other
Stare like a junkie
Into the TV
Stare like a zombie
While the mother
Holds her child
Watches him die
Hands to the sky crying
Why, oh why?
'cause I need to watch things die
From a distance

Vicariously I, live while the whole world dies
You all need it too, don't lie

Why can't we just admit it?

We won't give pause until the blood is flowing
Neither the brave nor bold
The writers of stories sold
We won't give pause until the blood is flowing

I need to watch things die
From a good safe distance

You all feel the same so

Blood like rain come down
Drawn on grave and ground

Part vampire
Part warrior
Carnivore and voyeur
Stare at the transmittal
Sing to the death rattle

La, la, la, la, la, la, la-lie

Credulous at best, your desire to believe in angels in the hearts of men.
Pull your head on out your hippy haze and give a listen.
Shouldn't have to say it all again.
The universe is hostile. so Impersonal. devour to survive.
So it is. So it's always been.

We all feed on tragedy
It's like blood to a vampire

Much better you than I

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I flagged, unflagged, then flagged this again just so I could flag it twice.

Fantastic post. Fantastic.

/TOA

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Good post and good read.

I don't know what will happen on the Big day, but couldn't be possible that with all of us thinking it about it we could create something unwittingly? Just wondering.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
reply to post by sled735

6:11 EST.

Sorry to bother you again, but is that a.m. or p.m.? Excellent thread post, OP. S&F, as usual.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

reply to post by Shayneox

Apparently the Mayans also had advanced knowledge of a spherical world - as I've seen experts claim that it will be 11:11 GMT.

If I had to pick, I'd figure out what time zone the Mayans actually lived in ( if more than one, then wherever their capital city is ) and use that time zone.

Me? I'm absent minded so I'll likely glance at my clock, at some point, and think "Oh, damn, doomsday was 47 minutes ago and I missed it... DAMN YOU ANGRY BIRDS!" or some such.

~Heff

The video in this thread may be what you are talking about here. Interesting video, and could explain a lot, if it's true.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
In researching a reply to a post in this thread, I came across this and found it relevant to the discussion:

China detains 93 for doomsday rumors: Xinhua

(Reuters) - Chinese authorities have detained 93 people accused of spreading doomsday rumors and arrested a man who slashed 23 children at a school after he was "psychologically affected" by such predictions, the Xinhua state news agency reported on Monday.

The 93 people, from seven provinces, include members of the banned "Almighty God" cult, Xinhua said, adding that they were detained for "handing out leaflets about the apocalypse and spreading rumors".

"These cult members recently latched on to the Mayan doomsday scenario to predict the sun will not shine and electricity will not work for three days beginning on December 21," Xinhua said, citing the public security bureau of Xining, capital of the southwestern province of Qinghai.

Source

Probably a thread in it's own right ( if there isn't one already ) - but an "in practice" example of the type of cultural fallout I've offered in this OP.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

I'm still trying to figure out what time zone actually applies. I did find THIS handy timer. According to it we've got 2 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes....

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Another good point!

There are also other threads posted, if I can find them, regarding people panicking and stock-piling in Russia and France.

This is a very wide-spread fear.

ETA: Here is one of them: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/18/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

Here is the one warning of suicides in France: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12/18/12 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

And here is a video that tells the strength in collective thoughts/consciousness:
www.youtube.com...

Definitely worth watching.

Peace and Love to all Earthlings!

edit on 12/18/2012 by sled735 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

reply to post by sled735

I'm still trying to figure out what time zone actually applies. I did find THIS handy timer. According to it we've got 2 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes....

~Heff

Thank you very much! You're a real trooper.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah
reply to post by Epirus

I think there are more people who believe, or at least are a little nervous about what might happen, than can be counted or surveyed.

Contrary to the beliefs of some here, most of the world never heard of ATS
, so using this population as a sampling is not accurate. Actually, I think those on this forum have discussed the topic every which way, and rationalized things so much, that many who might have been believers when joining this forum may have been educated enough now to change their minds.

These prophecies have been covered extensively in the media. The networks have been airing these topics, including Nostradamus and every other variation, extensively. There has been an increase in apocalypse themed movies.

I used to think that not many people knew about it, but as the date grows closer, more and more are coming out of the closet with their fears. I have even heard about multiple end of the year parties scheduled for Friday night.

I hope that there is more of a collective sigh of relief, and much "I told you so"'ing, than true depression. But deep down, I agree with the OP. There is the potential for some significant emotional backlash in at least a percentage of the population. And all it takes is a few going off the deep end to impact society in a big way, as we have seen with recent shootings. Hopelessness is a difficult state of mind to overcome.

And... I wonder at the timing of the reported pulling guns off of shelves, before laws have even changed. Not that it will do much good, but could TPTB also be fearing a coming period of emotional instability?

I didn't ever say people aren't aware of the date and it's story...I said it's widely regarded as a joke. It's not a problem of ignorance it's a problem of belief...huge difference. A lot! of people know about the date and might wonder if something is going to happen but there is a large gap between full hearted life changing belief and wonder even if the wonder is strong.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Epirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueAjah

Another good point!

There are also other threads posted, if I can find them, regarding people panicking and stock-piling in Russia and France.

I went to the grocery store today and bought enough food, batteries, etc. to last me quite awhile. My logic in taking this action was... If something happens, then I am prepared. If not, then I can avoid the grocery store for at least a month!

Either way, it's good! I hate going grocery shopping!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join