It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Great topic and great thoughts.
I wrote in another topic, that I'm not concerned about the date itself, but yes, I'm concered about the year after that. I remember seeing a documentary about 9/11 and there was some science-guy, who researched global electrical fields. The documentary stated, that his graphs gone wild on this day and for days afterwards due to the stress and fear involved by the whole human race invoked on 9/11.
Since then I'm a strong believer, that there is something on earth, that connects all of our subconcious..
So yes, I do believe that there will be something happening after 21/12/12 (european date format
), but I do hope, that it's something positive.

but this is yet to be seen, I wish all of us luck.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Heff,

I have to compliment you on this thread, I might not always see eye to eye on some of the things you have posted in the past (who really does though), but I think you are completley spot on this time.

My friends and family have been talking about this for the past couple of weeks, we are all pretty much agree that nothing is going to happen, but are more concerned of what the people who THINK something is going to happen.

If anything does happen besides the expected high number of suicides, and possible spike in crime, I know I am going to be very very skeptical of it.

I do also agree that the next 90 days are going to be paramount, and there is going to be world changing events, there is just to much pent up stress and hatred in this world unfortunate. I do hope and pray for the best for everyone, I do believe we are all going to need it.

Now if there was going to be one an event tho.. I still am game for the Zombie Apocalypse!!!

S&F

Grim

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 07:43 AM
link   
And I believe Michael Jackson will comeback on 12/21/12

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I think the only people for whom this has real "energy" or worry or merit or anything else.. are conspiracy folks. Sure, most of heard of the date, but they consider it for the most part, an amusing joke. Prod around a bit at work or when you go out. You'll find that while yes, most of heard of the date, Mayan prophecy, etc., most don't take it very seriously at all.

And as far as the future goes, we are a very selfish, self-centered species. Of course, I think most species are - but one would hope that humans could step above all that. Our little worries and concerns about doom are really nothing in the grand scheme of things. As humans, we tend to blow things out of proportion to the power of 1000. But then, many humans only see the negative - I see a lot of love and peace and beauty and good in the world as well - but that's just me I guess.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
A "non-event" as event. Disappointment of expectations to bring the expected unexpectedly. Brilliant, haven't had it in my mind, yet.

Question btw: When does the world end? So which timezone or is it gradually shifting? (If so it would speak for the horse men, because they can ride like the wind, can't they?)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Thanks for a great read on this cold California morning. 39 degrees in Monrovia.
I've been watching all the "prepper" programs on the tube and the maniacal devotion these people have invested into their solution to the Apocalypse. Or at least what they believe what is to take place. Their's varies as do all that you listed as the possibilities outlined by so many for 12/21/12.

Me? I believe that it's all misread prophecy. The Mayans, Sumerians, Sioux or whatever tribe subscribes to the white buffalo phenom. Bottom line. Sure, we're ripe for an alien intervention. God knows we could use the help in getting it right. We have been lousy stewards of this gift called Earth. The wars and bloodshed? Of course bad. World hunger? Right up there with every thing else. BAD!

Now if I were truly faced with an apocalyptic scenario that might be survivable if I did all the necessary crap to survive it. Train my family in weapons. Can gallons upon gallons of food stuff. Dig a shelter and barb wire the perimeter. Hmmm? Do I really want to survive only to live in a world that has become dog eat dog? I don't think so. Certainly not if I'm raising children. Been there and done that. They're grown and gone. I don't know what I would do but I don't think I would go to such extremes to survive. Suicide myself and my wife? Maybe. That's a hard call. Certainly don't want to. But then again I don't want to watch the love of my life crumble under the weight of living in an almost dead environment. I think we have enough GOOD drugs in our medicine cabinet to make it out of here without any problems. I mean to really make the EXIT.

Think about it. One of the predictions is a pole shift which would result in massive earth quakes and tidal waves. Weather that could kill. Don't want to survive it if it's as bad as they say it could be.

Okay, lets get to the nuts and bolts. I don't believe any of this stuff is going to happen. I lean your way in thinking that for the ninety plus days post 12/21/12 could be trying to say the least. Yes, there are people who would wish to fulfill prophecy and make a disaster or two. My concern IS for the the hundreds of people who have prepared for the worse case scenario. Invested their retirement money. Maybe even moved and sold their homes. Stolen their children's innocence by drilling end time crap into their young minds. Literally scaring the beejesus out of them instead of nurturing and peacefully protecting them from the baddies in our society. My wife's daughter and son-in-law have two children ages 4 and 5. These kids don't even know what the evening news is. They wait until they've tucked their youngins in and only then will they turn on the news. I believe that's how it should be.

Well people, in a few days we will find out exactly what all the hub-bub was really all about.

I wish everyone a quiet Christmas and a new year that holds the promise of solutions for the masses of people who are suffering from hunger, homelessness, jobless and mental illness as a result of this damn 12/21/2012 insanity. Peace

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I'm not concerned at all, I don't believe in fortune telling.

I'm co-hosting a Facebook event though, The day after the end of the world sleep in. The idea is to combat the negativity and apprehension around the date with a nice relaxing sleep in.

Lots of people are preparing for the end of the world. Let's celebrate a great human quality, being able to take challenges as they come, stay calm and carry on. If the world is ending, let's deal with it when we wake up.

Check it out: www.facebook.com...

Peace
edit on 19-12-2012 by pscysm because: spelling

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Well thought out and very informative about the many perceptions about this date.

Although your very last paragraph had me thinking:

Tomorrow is a gift, not a certainty. Should it come, and should we find ourselves still a part of it... then we must all cherish that blessing and assume the mantle of responsibility inferred. We're all in this boat together, for better for for worse.

is this an interpretation for the coming of a new age? The collective release; that we will indeed endure this date and continue to live in this world; working together for the better of all. . .

Just a thought.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
This has to be the best 2012 thread I've read so far.

I think a lot of the 2012 hype just stems from the fact that this world is utterly disappointing and is getting progressively worse. People want something new, anything, even if it means the end of the world. After all, an apocalypse would be exciting, going to work from 9-5 isn't. People want something to happen for the same reason they spend time playing MMORPG's, for the same reason we all love fantasy movies, and supernatural fiction. We want an escape from this miserable reality where news is manufactured, shopping is the meaning of life, and basic survival is a commodity.

If something new or exciting happened on the 21st, I would embrace it with open arms. However, I have my real life in order and know what I'll be doing for the next few years; something that I know makes me happy. If anyone reading this is expecting something to happen on that date, I strongly advise you to have a plan in order for your life if and when you are let down.

I think SilentKoala nailed it almost perfectly in just a few sentences.Best comment on the subject.There is a feeling around the world that everything is falling apart and it is not for nothing.We are obviously going through rough times lately.Human degradation, natural disasters, conflicts, wars and many more.These are signs that further reinforces the end of the world idea for some people.And unfortunately yes, they might go "john rambo" on 21st.Let's all hope it won't happen even though there will be some people that will do something inevitably.

I personally don't believe in this end of the world but I am damn sure we are not going in the right direction.We are simply going out of control.And even though my fellow americans will really hate me for saying this, I think most or at least some of the "crap" came from US.You promoted freedom in way that you simply allowed anything in the society based on the idea that people will do the right thing and will choose the right path.Gay marriage, Animal marriage, Human-Animal marriage, weapons, stupid styles of life and concepts, junk food and so on.We can't live in this world like animals...We can't just embrace anything that comes on our plate and be opened to anything or everything with the excuse of being "evolved" or "mature".What is happening right now in US is inevitable and really sad.Not just the massacres but in every domain/industry.

So to end my comment, of course many people want the end to come or a natural disaster because only when we are on the brink of death we go on the right path...
edit on 19-12-2012 by JohnLake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I feel that most of us wish for it too. The simple facts are that the so called prophecy is not even a prophecy. It's a date, or the lack of dates after which we as a collective have decided in a childish way to mean that we all die the world burns etc. There was no explanation as to what the calender means! The Egyptians talked about the journey of Horus across the sky which takes into account the full time of the precessional shift as well and yet we don't consider that to be a prediction of doom. If you ask me, the whole thing is based on a cultural incrogruency of understanding, as we don't see the world how the Mayans did and thus, we cannot say conclusively, what their reason for ending the calender on this date. My thoughts are that it was just a timeframe for the precession of the stars in the solar system. They studied the stars.. they didn't have mindless distractions like TV.

That being said I do fear, as you clearly do, for the psychology of society and the possibility that some radicals may act on these wild assumptions to create the chaos that they are yearning for. I consider it possible that this idea is well entrenched in the powers that be as well. Or would 'powers that do' be more apt? It is fairly clear that this idea of Armageddon is a popular one and the fashionable nature of the idea is what should be most feared. It is indicative of the latent potential for chaos that we humans posses. That, scares me.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I have seen that movie. It was very depressing

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
FYI - Nobody here at work is in the least bit agitated about Friday except for wondering whether we will have chinese for lunch! Everyone is looking forward to xmas and new year and being off work.

I did mention the end of the world and there were a few "oh yes it is isn't it"........sarcastically.

This obsession with the end of the world is quite literally that, an obsession. There is absolutley NOTHING happening save the normal stuff, agitated arabs and israelis in the middle east, lunatic leader of NK flexing his muscles, bankers and financiers squirming there way out of custodial sentences due to financial fraud, politicians espousing BS to ensure the status quo continues.......all business as usual.

In other words it is ONLY the conspiracy sites that are whipping themselves up into a paranoid frenzy. For the rest of the world it xmas as usual.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
This was one of the most enjoyable reads I have come across in many years. Heff, your thread writing and opinion displayed a rationale above the norm of many, and is one of the reasons I joined ATS in the first place.
I did read all the responses, 9 pages of them, and found many of the responses to be quite good and reasonable. Still another reason for being here.
Also, I concur with you Hefficide, that something is more than likely to happen 'after the fact' where the enormous emotional let down creates some form of incident which affects many lives. Hopefully it will not be as massive as it could be.
In one of the responses the poster referenced the planetary alignment, which is something the Mayans deduced. This seems to me, to be the only incident which will happen. How it will affect the earth itself is to be seen once it occurs.
As it has been said in many of the responses here, but not it these exact words, 'uncertainty breeds fear, and fear causes illogical action'. As with your sense of prophetic knowledge, I too do not worry about the 21st being the end of it all, but am exceedingly concerned about the aftermath of such a non-event.
The enormous amount of speculation as to what might happen after the fact is too broad a topic to cover accurately, but something which would be very interesting to discuss in another thread.
Flags & Stars for writing such an awesome piece of literature!
See you all on the other side of today.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Yah..There will be mass suicides for hardcore 2012 fans mostly..But even nothing happened on 21 Dec..The upcoming years will be suffering because..

1.Our resources decreasing : Oil, wood, water, etc

2.Over population. : 7 bilions+ (increasing)

3.Sea level rising.

4.North and south pole melting.

So like or not..The end of humanity is near..We accelerated the cycle. Just accept the fact that we cant stay here forever.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
How many different 21st December predictions are there? Comets, Asteroids, Black holes, Super-Volcano's, Solar Flares, Mega Quakes just to same a few of the predictions made for Friday.

I mean come on... theres like 20 different predictions of things which will apparently happen on the 21st....

Basically, Friday to 'some' will be a bad day if they believe 20 different doomsday senario's and to the others, Friday will just be like any other Friday, dull and boring.

Roll on Saturday to get this thing out of the way at last. It isn't funny to be spreading this around if it's harming our children. It's shameful to think people are making money off others who actually believe in something which won't happen like the previous thousands of other doomsday predictions.

Merry Christmas everyone.
edit on 19-12-2012 by razor321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad
FYI - Nobody here at work is in the least bit agitated about Friday except for wondering whether we will have chinese for lunch! Everyone is looking forward to xmas and new year and being off work.

I did mention the end of the world and there were a few "oh yes it is isn't it"........sarcastically.

This obsession with the end of the world is quite literally that, an obsession. There is absolutley NOTHING happening save the normal stuff, agitated arabs and israelis in the middle east, lunatic leader of NK flexing his muscles, bankers and financiers squirming there way out of custodial sentences due to financial fraud, politicians espousing BS to ensure the status quo continues.......all business as usual.

In other words it is ONLY the conspiracy sites that are whipping themselves up into a paranoid frenzy. For the rest of the world it xmas as usual.

Exactly what i wanted to say next.Most of people don't even care about that day.And even though hefficide had some good posts i do not believe that the 3 months after will be disastrous.Conspiracy sites have that mindset because they are always waiting for something to happen.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
How can we know if 2012 is the same for the Mayan as it is according to the Gregorian Calendar system we use today? There is evidence, (if memory serves me it is within The Wingmakers material) that the last physical birth of the one most call "Jesus" was in August of 7 B.C.
Apparently, its not the end, but rather a new beginning that will begin effecting all the various levels of the creation. We, as a species have become overloaded with negative energies. If the creation is all about balance, then there will be a major expulsion of negative energy leaving this planet and recycling back into the creation at some point. As The Wave Series calls it, "A level playing field" will be created.
However, until the creation reestablishes homeostasis, hang on for the ride of your life.
www.focusonrecovery.net...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by razor321
How many different 21st December predictions are there? Comets, Asteroids, Black holes, Super-Volcano's, Solar Flares, Mega Quakes just to same a few of the predictions made for Friday.

I mean come on... theres like 20 different predictions of things which will apparently happen on the 21st....

Basically, Friday to 'some' will be a bad day if they believe 20 different doomsday senario's and to the others, Friday will just be like any other Friday, dull and boring.

Roll on Saturday to get this thing out of the way at last. It isn't funny to be spreading this around if it's harming our children. It's shameful to think people are making money off others who actually believe in something which won't happen like the previous thousands of other doomsday predictions.

Merry Christmas everyone.
edit on 19-12-2012 by razor321 because: (no reason given)

Smart people always make money on stupid people's back.It was always like that.Somehow they deserve it...

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

The use of tool's aenima, although great lyrics, is a slap in the face to the band. They'd be pissed to hear that their song was being used in a 2012 discussion... just saying they're against anything commercial.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
It's ridiculous that people today in the 21st Century can still be DUMB enough to believe that some ancient people living in mud huts could somehow have "special" knowledge far in advance of our own that's somehow been lost in time.

Even if they were incredibly advanced scientifically - which they weren't - they still wouldn't be able to predict the future, so...

I'll bet anyone on here $1 Million that the world WILL NOT end on 21st Dec 2012.

If it does just give me your paypal account and I'll wire your money over to you, if not you can wire me $1 Million instead

I can say right here and now, without fear of contradiction, that the world WILL NOT end on 21/12/2012

I guess that when I'm proved right you'll have to accept that I have even greater mystical powers than the Mayans, the Egyptians, or anyone else, since I'll have 100% accurately predicted the future, while they've got it 0% accurate.

All hail me (and get your pocket books out to send me my money).

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join