It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
HEY OP,

That was a Well written piece, im guessing your 15 year old you went to a few English classes after being 15 because that was maybe the best written forum piece i have read in quite some time.

My preferred Apocalypse is actually a combination of all of them..

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well done, thanks for that. It was well written.

I know that we are coming to the end of the current age according to the Mayans. It's funny as i write "Mayans" it's like i've seen that word so much over the years. Quite frankly, we don't know what the end of the age means. But i doubt it means anything let alone the end of the world... something i've never bought in to of course.

Who knows, December 21st could be an interesting date. And either way it's going to be the strangest day in a while. Simply because it's the end of an era. Imagine the internet without "2012" videos/posts etc about everything form enlightenment to pole shifts. I've often enjoyed these videos if only to get me thinking.

I love a good conspiracy and for the past few years this has been the most entertaining. I'll be sad to see it go. Enjoy your Christmas everyone, and watch December 21st with the fact that we are seeing the end of a 5125 year long cycle/age in mind. Regardless of what that means... we get to live it!

Peace
edit on 18-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

if the ancient mayans were here they'd be greeting each other "happy new year" or something like that.

It's a veritable mass hysteria tsunami where most everyone is getting washed away by the global collective negativity over a misconception about this date. People don't even get it

Everyone will be relieved the morning after...everyone who's still sane, that is

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You know I love your threads Heff...but I disagree with you on this one. I think you are tremendously over estimating the number of people who believe something is going to happen. The date is widely held as a joke for most and is mostly discounted by even the most eccentric and curious areas of the internet. For a dangerous anti-climax to occur there would need to be a much greater belief surrounding this event.

I think this event will compare more closely to a record level lottery jackpot approaching with people buying tickets with the hope they will win...they hold their ticket and daydream about what they'll do when they win...the news covers it and as the day of the drawing approaches people start to wonder if they might actually win...then the drawing occurs and they don't even have one matching number...it's a let-down but they move on.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I had a question....Im on Guam...a day ahead of the rest of the world.....so whos 12/21 does this fall on...yours or mine?

Eastern / Central/ Pacific / +10 GMT / ZULU ???????????????

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Shayneox

Apparently the Mayans also had advanced knowledge of a spherical world - as I've seen experts claim that it will be 11:11 GMT.

If I had to pick, I'd figure out what time zone the Mayans actually lived in ( if more than one, then wherever their capital city is ) and use that time zone.

Me? I'm absent minded so I'll likely glance at my clock, at some point, and think "Oh, damn, doomsday was 47 minutes ago and I missed it... DAMN YOU ANGRY BIRDS!" or some such.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

edit on 18-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Smooth as Glenfiddich.........

There is nothing wrong with your television set. Do not attempt to adjust the picture. We are controlling transmission. If we wish to make it louder, we will bring up the volume. If we wish to make it softer, we will tune it to a whisper. We will control the horizontal. We will control the vertical. We can roll the image, make it flutter. We can change the focus to a soft blur or sharpen it to crystal clarity. For the next hour, sit quietly and we will control all that you see and hear. We repeat: there is nothing wrong with your television set.

You are about to participate in a great adventure. You are about to experience the awe and mystery which reaches from the inner mind to — The Outer Limits.
edit on 18-12-2012 by Plotus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Good post OP.

Personally, I think 12/21/12 is going to be....get this: just another day!

I'm seriously considering making novelty plaques that say: "At this site on 12/21/12, nothing happened".

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I personally don't think of 12/21/12 as the end of the world. I believe the mayan calender is accurate just like pyramids in Egypt are built with precise calculations. Now for a second think outside the box. It could be that they knew how long it was going to take for humanity to come together as one collectively. We've had thousands of years to stop going to war and killing each other but yet it still goes on. Just maybe people will wake up and start being aware of all the lies thats been told for centuries. I mean if not then it will be humans that will cause the extinction of its own species. We should be inhabiting other planets right now as I type. Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonClaussen

I agree with most of what you said, but what separates 12/21/12 from the others doomsday dates? Why is this one not gonna come and go like all the countless others?

The world is different now than it was in the past. People had more hope then, and they looked forward to the next 20, 30 or 40 years. Not sure some do with the way the world is now.

I think some out there want it to happen. Maybe thinking it will be better.
That's my best guess.
edit on 18-12-2012 by riverwild because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I'm still waiting to see this:

Then I will be convinced the world will end.

ETA: Another wonderful post, Hefficide!!
edit on 18-12-2012 by TheToastmanCometh because: stuff.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Cant help but think the morning of 12/22 will be a lot like this for many:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shayneox

The rising solstice and equinox suns were important to many ancient cultures. My guess would be the time of sunrise in the Yucatan Peninsula.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickettheRabbit

The most concerning part of your posts to me is finding out that this is all going down at 11:11 GMT. That means I'll just be getting off of work when it hits.

Poop.

I'm leaving early and getting a drink.

What time would this be in the Eastern U.S.?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There will be some mass hysteria just like the war of the worlds radio show in 1938. It maybe a new age from the bull in Moses/Egyptian time (the Jews sacrificed to the bull when Moses went to the get the 10 commandments) to pisces. The fish god dagon ,the pope wears a fish hat that represents dagon. Now the age of aqarius. It is just another date. If you dont have kids yet but when you do you can show the movie 2012 and say you survived that,just kidding. I bet any money there will be another end date and probably when I am long gone that way no one will remember the BS that went on with this day. Y2K 2.0

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sled735

6:11 EST.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

I think there are more people who believe, or at least are a little nervous about what might happen, than can be counted or surveyed.

Contrary to the beliefs of some here, most of the world never heard of ATS
, so using this population as a sampling is not accurate. Actually, I think those on this forum have discussed the topic every which way, and rationalized things so much, that many who might have been believers when joining this forum may have been educated enough now to change their minds.

These prophecies have been covered extensively in the media. The networks have been airing these topics, including Nostradamus and every other variation, extensively. There has been an increase in apocalypse themed movies.

I used to think that not many people knew about it, but as the date grows closer, more and more are coming out of the closet with their fears. I have even heard about multiple end of the year parties scheduled for Friday night.

I hope that there is more of a collective sigh of relief, and much "I told you so"'ing, than true depression. But deep down, I agree with the OP. There is the potential for some significant emotional backlash in at least a percentage of the population. And all it takes is a few going off the deep end to impact society in a big way, as we have seen with recent shootings. Hopelessness is a difficult state of mind to overcome.

And... I wonder at the timing of the reported pulling guns off of shelves, before laws have even changed. Not that it will do much good, but could TPTB also be fearing a coming period of emotional instability?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join