The Other Side Of Doomsday - A Warning About 12/21/12

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

You Sir, know how to write a good thread !!!

We are almost the same age you and I, and like you, I remember a future that seemed so far away with movies like 2001, 2010 or TV shows like Space 1999 ( Cosmos 1999 in french ) and here I am and now it seems that those dates are so far...behind...

Here in Quebec, there is a firm called Leger Marketing, they do provincial surveys and they are pretty darn good at it. They alway hit the nail on the head. They called Marois and the PQ government way before anyone thought she or her party had a chance of winning the elections in our province.

This week, they've made a survey about the end of the world and December 21st. It turns out that 95% believe it's just nonsense. So it seems that the 5% left is really the minority and that ( to me ) it would be majorly composed of conspiracy theorists...errr....us...

And out of those, quite a good percentage also believe that the 12/21/12 prediction is hogwash...so...

But when something important is expected to happen and doesn't, as you so cleverly narrated, there is always a backlash. I personally hope that this backlash will be a positive one, a second chance sort of thing and that not too many do take it to the other extreme and either commit tragedies or decide to take their lives.

Raising my glass to your conclusion, Hope, and to you, for another awesome thread. Flagged and starred...and starred...

~Son.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Best 2012 thread Ive read so far! Good job.

Ive been thinking along the same lines lately, I think that a lot of the the depression might manifest itself in the economy. Right now people are spending money because its christmas, and the end of the world is coming, so the government isnt doing anything about the economy. That I can tell at least.

I think this coming january may be our poorest one yet. But who knows...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Well at least the gas went down by .10

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:13 PM
link   

All hope is not lost!

We can make it happen!

See my post Worried about the non arrival of the apocalypse on the 21st? Worry no more - make your own!

We can do it!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentKoala
I think a lot of the 2012 hype just stems from the fact that this world is utterly disappointing and is getting progressively worse.

Interesting. Recent polls show that while the West is experiencing an economic slump, things have never been better overall in this world. Having been around for over four decades myself, i see things improving here at home and abroad. In general. If your utterly disappointed in your life, look in the mirror.

People want something new, anything, even if it means the end of the world.

Speak for yourself.

After all, an apocalypse would be exciting, going to work from 9-5 isn't.

How horribly naive of those who truely think that way. However, i suppose death, disease, mass rape and lootings can be considered "exciting".

People want something to happen for the same reason they spend time playing MMORPG's, for the same reason we all love fantasy movies, and supernatural fiction. We want an escape from this miserable reality where news is manufactured, shopping is the meaning of life, and basic survival is a commodity.

I love movies and i love mmorpgs. I also love my life and know playing Fallout 3 is quite different from living it.
edit on 18-12-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I get so friggin fired up at these posts. Im going to say this one last time.

People who think they're lives are actually going to be better when the world goes to $#&T are morons. Period.

Ps. And no, this is NOT directed at the OP, just the myrad idiots posting how happy they will be when we all die.
edit on 18-12-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
To be clear, I am not, personally, a believer in the Mayan doomsday scenario. That fact, however, is neither here nor there.

A few above posters have pointed out that only the conspiratorial crowd tends to have a strong level of belief in the date. SonOfTheSun even helped us out with a poll that showed 95% of the people do not believe in it!

I would offer, as a slight offset - that polls about touchy or fringe subjects usually need a bit of tweaking - as many people who would discuss their thoughts in private, on fringe topics, will not do so in public. We learn, in life, to keep some of our more "wild" beliefs very close to the vest for the interest of career and social acceptance. ( How many great friends or even lovers have you had who seemed perfectly normal, for a long time - right up until they brought up that ONE subject and opened the flood gates?

But I do accept that it is a minority who truly do believe in the date.

However regarding the subconscious influence - across the entire modern world?

Major Hollywood Movie - 2012

There have been specials on networks tying it all into to Nostradamus, Cayce, and other things. Natgeo, History Channel, and Discover have all covered the subject.

There are references in many songs, across the spectrum of musical styles.

Dan Brown covered it in one of his books.

TV ministers like Hal Lindsey and Jack Van Impe have made predictions.

Even lauded Superbowl commercials have used the imagery to get attention.

I think that most people, in the western world, believers or not, are aware of the date. Just that means that most of us have some level of apprehension - no matter how insignificant or distant - about it.

This returns to the premise that this adds up to a LOT of untapped interest and a very large scale expectation set. One that expectation set is violated? People are most emotional and very vulnerable to suggestion and exploitation when their expectation sets have just be violated.

If you doubt that? I can provide a real world analog. How many men and women end up cheating on their significant others after such an expectation set violation? How many friend or family falling outs occur after an expectation set is violated?

We are, as a culture, about to all share that sort of let down feeling, to varying degrees, all at once. I predict that it is going to be a bumpy ride.

Oh, an aside to the member who seems to think I implied that I think I am psychic. That is not the case at all. I never intended to make such a claim - and only stated that I have a gift for recognizing large scale trends. This doesn't imply "psychic" - it does imply "analyst".

~Heff

edit on 12/18/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonClaussen

I agree with most of what you said, but what separates 12/21/12 from the others doomsday dates? Why is this one not gonna come and go like all the countless others?

Study the Masonic symbology here in the US. Do they know something we don't? It points to Dec 2012.
I'm still questioning the uptake in natural disasters, volcanos, earthquakes. They seem to have been gaining in frequency and destructiveness for our recent history.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
What masonic symbol points to 2012?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

The Mayan link to 2012 is found on Tortuga 6 inscription of what is to happen in 2012:

"The Thirteenth Bak'tun" will be finished (on) Four Ahaw, the Third of K'ank'in. ? will occur. (It will be) the descent(?) of the Nine Support (?) God(s) to the ?."

"Katun 4 Ahau . . . . The katun is established at Chichen Itzá. The settlement of the Itzá shall take place there.

The quetzal shall come, the green bird shall come. Ah Kantenal shall come. Blood-vomit shall come. Kukulcan shall come with them for the second time. [Itis] the word of God. (Book of Chilam Balam of Chumayel, XXII)"

In the Chilam Balam of Tizimin, (the version translated and with commentary by Makemson), it is pointed out that the prophecies are cyclic, and so would be pertinent to repeat endings of named katuns.

The rest of the quotes are from Makemson:

Four Ahau is the katun for remembering knowledge and compressing it.

"The Nine shall arise in sorrow, alas...And when over the dark sea I shall be lifted up in a chalice of fire, to that generation there will come the day of withered fruit. there will be rain.

The face of the sun shalll be extinguished because of the great tempest.

Then finally the ornaments shall descend in heaps. there will be good gifts for one and all, as well as lands, from the Great Spirit, wherever they shall settle down.

Presently Baktun 13 shall come sailing, figuratively speaking, bringing the ornaments of which I have spoken from your ancestors.

Then the god will come to visit his little ones. Perhaps "After Death" will be the subject of his discourse." (Makemson p.30)

In the commentary, we find, "There is an unusual prophecy about the end of the world on page 16: "...in the final days of misfortune, in the final days of tying up the bundle of the thirteen katuns on 4 Ahau, then the end of the world shall come and the katun of our fathers will ascend on high".

It is entirely possible that there is a copyist's error here and that thirteen baktuns were intended, since the katun
cycle began and ended with 11 Ahau, we are told elsewhere, and the thirteen baktun cycle ran from 4 Ahau to 4 Ahau.

The prophecy continues:

"These valleys of the earth shall come to an end. For those katuns there shall be no priests, and no one who believes in his government without having doubts...Pay heed to the truth which I present to you in the katun of dishonor. Shall my intercession, my pleading be in vain? I speak to you! I Chilam Balam, the prophet of the
Jaguar! I recount to you the words of the true gods, when they shall come." (Makemson p.167)

Another prophecy concerning the last katun of a series, (katuns started being named after beginning instead of their ending, so katun 11 Ahau became katun 13 Ahau), may have some bearing on the final katun of the
final baktun:

"Thirteen Ahau is the thirteenth katun and they shall count it at Cabal. In the assemblage of people they shall open the sealed katun. At dusk they shall smell the fragrance of flowers.

Day shall be turned upside down;. their faces shall be disturbed. The genealogical tree shall descend.

Stones shall descend and Heaven and Earth shall be universally consumed by fire.

They shall make a divination concerning the living and the dead: 'The dead shall live! Dying from old age, they
shall immediately ascend into heaven. They shall ascend quickly by good roads'. Evil roads descend, spreading out on the earth.

At the end, in the final days of the katun, we will hear the words of the fathers of Heaven and Earth regarding the government of Katun 13 Ahau during his days, at the completion of the katun. Vale." (p.107-108)

Source

Also, we should remember they have written additional dates into the future.

edit on 18-12-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Re doomsday. their has been many final end dates over the century's i Hope this one is a false alarm to . If not it better be quick.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

I completely agree and concur. My concerns are not focused upon the Mayan bak'tun itself, but rather the social and psychological impact of a widely held and very popularized belief - when it fails to materialize.

In a sense, and as an analog - imagine a world where every single house in the western world awoke, on Christmas morning, to find that "Santa" did not come.

I think there is going to be a mass anticlimax mechanism that could either organically, or by engineered intent, be used to create any number of very chilling scenarios. There will be a collective and profound lack of focus just past the 12/21/12 deadline - and this creates a profound opportunity for those interested in social engineering or agenda furtherance.

In the most basic sense, the good folks at Gitmo put a lot of work into getting their prisoners disoriented and emotionally confused. We are about to see that same sort of state of suggestibility on a very large and global scale.

Scary stuff to me.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Along the same lines as the OP, I think this event will have a huge psychological event as well.

We are collectively behaving as if we can manifest something to happen just because we want it to. The paradigm shift, the singularity, etc.

Maybe all civilizations reach an apex, where they know they cant do any more on our own. They cant continue on the same path indefinitely. And so we look to these events from something greater then ourselves. (ET, or god, doomsday scenarios, etc.)

When we fail to manifest anything.... we are left very lost and empty. Perhaps leading to the downfall of everything weve worked so hard to build. Maybe thats why we dont know much about prehistory...

Note: I dont think this is exactly what the OP was saying, just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Thanks for sharing that. I haven't read the info for several years and I was thinking the story of the 9 returning was in the Popal Voo. Silly me...stinks to get old...memory one of those first things to falter...

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
The Mayan Calendar .
It's meanings were twisted and sensationalized.

A/ Nowhere in the Mayan records is there any mention of a 26,000-tun cycle, although this according to Jenkins’ theory would be the most important cycle among the Maya, upon which their whole chronology and calendar system was based. While there are hundreds and maybe thousands of mentions of baktuns and katuns and tuns as important prophetic cycles, there is not one single mention of a 26,000-tun cycle, that would conform to Jenkins’ proposed precessional cycle. I find it quite remarkable that an explanation is proposed for a cycle with a duration that the Maya do not ever record. Given that the Maya were very competent as astronomers and mathematicians it is hard to believe that the Maya would not point to the existence of a 26,000-tun cycle, at least on one of their steles, if this cycle indeed was, as Jenkins believes, the very basis of their calendar system.

B/ It has never been demonstrated that the precessional cycle has anything to do with the coming and going of ages. Obviously, this idea is derived from Babylonian-European astrology according to which the earth goes through certain ages as the Spring Equinox passes through the various signs of the Babylonian Zodiac. This, I think, is the chief reason to the appeal that Jenkins’ idea has had among many. It is consistent with the bias of those believing in Babylonian-European astrology. Yet, there is no evidence that there would be any truth to the existence of various zodiacal ages. Jenkins’ book completely lacks historical evidence on this point and do not even refer to any one who would present it. In contrast, there is now overwhelming evidence, which in part is presented in my book The Mayan Calendar, that the various baktuns, katuns and tuns of the Mayan Long Count conform to significant changes in human history and that they in fact do define different ages. The thirteen baktuns of the Long Count for instance describe an evolution of consciousness from seed to mature fruit, from the formation of the first nation in Egypt to the emergence of the modern nation state in Europe, to take just an obvious example.

C/ Jenkins builds his whole idea on an assumption that the Maya that developed the so-called Long Count did so with the purpose of targeting its end date. On this point Jenkins totally ignores the actual accounts by the ancient Maya, who do not describe events at the end of the Mayan calendar. The inscriptions in Quirigua and Palenque describe the beginning of creation, when the First Father raised the World Tree, and do not mention its end. Part of the problem with this is also that modern astronomers (with access to lasers and satellites) do not consider themselves able to estimate the end of a precessional cycle more accurately than by maybe ten years. Jenkins however assert that the Maya of two thousand years ago knew how to estimate the duration of the precessional cycle exactly on the day.

www.diagnosis2012.co.uk...

I'm working on this crazy idea that I hope will take hold and become as great as this made up story.
It has something to do with flying monkeys and my butt.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Very interesting and many good ideas have come out of this thread. (Stars and Flags of course)
But, I am curious why more do not know the whole story, with Terrence McKenna and Time Wave Zero theory of Novelty? I am not the best person to explain Novelty, but one of the things that has been brought out is how it is linked closely to the Stock Market crashes, and this video does a good job of explaining it

It should be NO surprise that we are about to have a BIG CRASH.
Fiscal Cliffs and our governments madness at the core has driven not just our future as Americans, but a cultural Meme has taken a life of it's own, and became a Tulpa that Now Looms just a few days away. As one who likes to play with Tulpa, I will be sure to be tapping into the Vast Amount of ''magickal' Etheric / Astral-emotional Energy that will be present that day. It Will Be MASSIVE IN ENERGY,, no matter if you believe or not. Collective Consciousness has Created A Vacuum Spot in Time and Space,, here on Gaia/Earth. The PTB are going to be manipulating it, I suggest you get your 'piece of the pie' energy wise that day

As said before here in this thread, it is the After effects that we need worry about, mainly because our PTB friends (Illuminatii, 1% Elite, Aliens, NWO etc etc) might have figured a way to STEER The Whole Boat, by Hi Jacking this idea of Novelty and the Zero point as addressed by McKenna, and will use it to capture the Anima and Animus of our Collective selves as Human Beings. I know sounds just like most 'crazy' ideas about the date. But the evidence is the madness of the Hype itself. The Energy is there.

This is the Make it or Break it time for Mankind, and unfortunately,, the masses have been hypnotised into seeing the date 12/21/12 as a Doomsday, when it could have been steered towards our salvation, by finally taking back what has been stolen from humanity by Power Elites, our Humanity.

We are SLAVES and

Friday could be our day of Emancipation.

Or, FEAR can grasp us all by the Throat, and we allow ourselves to be made into robot serfs for an Elite who care not for the masses.

I suggest Reverent Silence for the Whole Day Friday.
Be as Meditatively Quiet as possible for as long as you can,

Don't jump to the conclusion that 'nothing' happened.

You will be wrong.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I must say, Dan Browns book, the lost symbol, Chapter 111, is very fascinating about dec 21, 2012.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I think people are half hoping what they fear will happen happens.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Bravo. I wasn't planning on "I told you so" because I honestly think that we the many and disturbed do not need to be pushed or criticized for belief in the fall of man. I myself have hoped for this in the past, though it did not go anywhere, obviously. I do wonder, with the general state of the world, what the outcome of the 12/21/12 bust will be?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I think a lot more people believe an event will happen on that date than people realize. I do not think there are many people living on the planet that are not aware of the date and its stories. The entire human race could be made believe with an event before, on or after that date, which is scary to think about.

The choices people make are affecting people instantly and all of the people are hurting because all of the people are on the same page.

The people are choosing the lives of the people and the people are not aware of it.
edit on 18-12-2012 by TRUELIES11 because: (no reason given)

new topics
top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join