It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA goes on lockdown

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
As far as I know, it’s always been standard (and stated) policy of the NRA to avoid political fights about a subject until the dead are buried, out of respect for the dead and their family.

If you have ever watched NRA news, or their other media outlets, you will have heard them say that time and time again in regard to unfolding incidents. I have.

They will sometimes make comments of a direct factual nature, but they withhold any advocacy until later.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

In this post you have admitted that you feel the NRA is responsible for the killings? Or is that not how you feel?

How do you get that I think the NRA is responsible for the killings??

What does the NRA have to regret here? Not pressing hard enough for people to be allowed to carry guns in schools?

that 26 people are dead - 20 of them 6 and 7 year old children - is something I think is regretable. I think the NRA should think that is regretable too.

Do you think it is regretable?

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

You are the one saying they need to make a statement not me, don't ask me how they are responsible. They aren't. You said it's about them, not me.

If you are going to reply by disecting my posts, please comment on the whole post and stop cherry picking things. It's pretty annoying.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   
One of the gun "critics" most-often cited refrains regarding crimes of this nature is "if only we made schools gun free" , they could have prevented this tragedy..."

No wait they did.

Then again a gun ended it right?

Yep it most certainly did, and having an aunt an uncle who took their own lives with a gun I don't blame a thing only morons blame things.

People act like guns just get up all on their own, walk in to schools pull the triggers all by themselves.

People can blast the NRA all they want, but remember what won you the "Freedom" to say what you want.

Harsh words sure the hell did not, an the police sure as hell did not, nor did they stop it.

Of the thousands of gun laws already on the books that sure the hell did not stop it,

However people sure are free to live in their dream worlds thinking banning things is ever going to change human behavior.

edit on 17-12-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

that 26 people are dead - 20 of them 6 and 7 year old children - is something I think is regretable. I think the NRA should think that is regretable too.

Regrettable? What about unimaginably tragic and painful beyond words?

Does it matter if they say it or not?

What is regrettable here and now is how the murder of these children and adults are being exploited by the media for ratings and by many others to push forward political agendas. No, that is vulgar and beyond civil description here.

What killed all of those children in that school was evil, pure EVIL, it found its way into the troubled soul of a young man and.... ?

What is almost beyond belief is that so many people believe that banning certain types of guns and accessories will prevent that kind of evil from killing again in the future.

It wont, not in this country, evil will always find a way, especially here in the USA.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
I think you're jumping to conclusions OP. The NRA didn't grow a change of heart when it comes to the issues of gun violence. If anything, had the teachers and staff been able to get a license to carry, this tragic event could have turned out much different instead of them being slaughtered huddled over together in a corner. I think its about time that all states start adopting a license for faculty members to carry in all schools so that these teachers can protect themselves and their kids...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul

Originally posted by NarrowGate

In this post you have admitted that you feel the NRA is responsible for the killings? Or is that not how you feel?

How do you get that I think the NRA is responsible for the killings??

What does the NRA have to regret here? Not pressing hard enough for people to be allowed to carry guns in schools?

First off, you must see that you are being hypocritical in this post. You are twisting words to cover your tracks here. We all know what you meant.

Second, it is terrible. Regrettable is an understatement. Gun free zones should be abolished, but that is common sense and not something specific to this incident.

3rd Our countries constitution is not responsible for this, and that is what the NRA defends - an amendment in the constitution. Are you implying our constitution is responsible for this?

Why does the NRA need to make a public statement that they also agree this is insanely f*cked up?
I get the feeling you don't like the NRA or the 2nd amendment...... and you want an apology from them because you feel private citizens owning and carrying guns is responsible for this.

Would I be wrong in saying that? You can see how it is logical to draw that conclusion from your posts.

Do you see me opening threads saying "This pro gun control organization didn't say they regret anything... see I told you so. Anti-gun people have no excuse for this one here."?

Everyone is heartbroken over this. Gun owners included.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve

You are the one saying they need to make a statement not me, don't ask me how they are responsible. They aren't. You said it's about them, not me.

I didn't say they needed to make a statement - I said that they had not made a statement and perhaps hte enormity of this tragedy was the reason.

If you are going to reply by disecting my posts, please comment on the whole post and stop cherry picking things. It's pretty annoying.

I quoted your entire post - split into 2 sections to answer each part seperately.

I guess it must be annoying to find you don't actually know what it is you wrote!!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
For those who say hte NRA usually desn't say anythign after atragedy - here is another article remarking on the silence this time, and listing several occasions when they have issued statements of condolance...

But of course there is a twist

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

Never mind.
edit on 17-12-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   

When I googled NRA and tragedy, all I keep getting is Liberal websites condeming the NRA, and not the killer.

No agenda here, carry on.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

When I googled NRA and tragedy, all I keep getting is Liberal websites condeming the NRA, and not the killer.

No agenda here, carry on.

I'm still waiting for people to come out blaming the real problem; Anti-depressants.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
If the NRA is declining to politicize the event, then good on them. Unfortunately so many others have chosen to go the other route. It's all very foul tasting once you digest it.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Kindly keep to the subject at hand...

...and refrain from driving the thread off-topic. Adherence to this simple request is expected.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

So the other day when this happened, I walk out of my office. Outside my office is a man who is about 7 feet tall using my lobby as a temporary office (construction team). He is reading about the story and says, "Its time that they ban guns or something" to a coworker of his. This coworker is of an abnormally liberal mindset for this area, but still appeared uncomfortable with the new topic.

I said, "Yeah, its a tragedy. But a gun ban is a rash decision." He said, "Yeah, tell that to 25 parents."

It is going to be the rallying cry. I think a gun ban would be what it would take to trip a civil war. I think it is too much a part of our culture, and represents our last piece of security against the encroaching tyranny. I just don't see it as a possibility. No matter what kind of Port Arthur incident happens, I just don't see a disarming happening peacefully.

ETA for clarity: i would never likely take part in a rebellion. But I WOULD sequester myself to the greatest degree possible. I am pretty resourceful, if health remains provident.
edit on 17-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join