It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA goes on lockdown

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by nottelling

its called due dilligence....like in any industry...the "manager" has to show that hes doing something.

like your insurance company, if you get burgled, you have to show that you have increased security.
same principle

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by freedomwv
reply to post by Mr Tranny

As far as not trusting teachers goes, well in a capitalist driven society in which people are becoming more and more separated and isolated from each other, it is becoming harder to understand each other and develop a natural sense of trust which common social interaction should allow for. We keep our feelings and personal issues with each other far too secret for fear of not being able to keep a job and chase the almighty profit agenda. Due to this sad reality of social conditions, I do not trust my fellow teachers to be packing heat at school. Nor would I trust anyone with experience as a police officer or has served in the military to be carrying guns at school because they have been trained in a manner in which they are to look at every person as a enemy and a target. Some schools have enough thugs and do not need anymore(I am aware that there are some good people working as police officers and serving in the military).

Nothing you write after the first sentence does anything to support the first sentence. The first sentence seems like a random jab at our economic system. Just a moments thought will make it obvious that our economic system is not that new, on the whole.

It is law that is driving isolation. It makes you indifferent. You no longer have to think about how you should treat others, as you have a code of conduct that you can leverage to your advantage. 100 years ago, if a man was pushed onto train tracks, people would have leaped to action and made an effort to change his fate. In 2012, they just stand and watch, maybe take some pictures.

Why? Because "its not my job". You are not responsible for your own safety, or the safety of anyone else. It is the job of someone else to protect and save all of us, so we don't do it.

Same reason why charitable donations have decreased. It isn't our job to do this anymore, as we pay taxes and expect the government to "do their job".

There is a fundamental flaw in the way people see things. I mean, when people have the belief that because they pay their taxes to support various social and civil service, that they no longer are responsible for those things. Just like our overlords want it. A nation of helpless little sheep that have given up all responsibility for what happens to them and their neighbors.

edit on 20-12-2012 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

The NRA is a progressive anti-gun org. They are using the ignorant hunters and old timers to further anti-gun agendas. Why do you need a 30 round mag to go hunting.
Gotta love ignorance at it's best.

Anyone who is a member of the NRA should really check out what they really stand for. I betcha they are willing to give away your rights all the while pretending to be for your rights.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

withdrawn ... correction already noted.

automatic = machine gun
semi does not
edit on 20-12-2012 by Honor93 because: (no reason given)

ETA -- i totally agree about the education aspect ... let's be sure to teach it correctly.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Not to speak for Mr. Texan, but yes he did put them backwards. It is down there a post or 2, I also pointed it out for him. It's late though, might as well tell you now.

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

i mean, there isnt that many licence holders, to begin with
nah, a million licensed carriers in ONE state isn't much at all

that doesn't count all the owners, just those who carry on their person.

and, as for armories in basements, we don't have basements here but a few garages have been converted.
what's wrong with that ?
we build, we share, we re-tool, we re-load ammo ... that is a human right that should never change.
edit on 20-12-2012 by Honor93 because: add txt

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Well you don't even need a permit to conceal and carry a firearm in my state.

We have the lowest violent crime rate per capita btw.

Criminals generally do not like it when people shoot back.

-----------------

On Topic: I'm sure we will be seeing something from the NRA shortly. I doubt they will just let this go. I do think however that it is too soon to be pursuing a political agenda and is taking focus away from those that died.
edit on 20-12-2012 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

yeah, i noticed it after the fact and deleted the original.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join