It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA goes on lockdown

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I am not a fan of guns or gun ownership but i have to say, what do you expect? There is nothing they can say that they will not get attacked for, so it is best simply to stay quiet until things calm down.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
One of the NRA's most-often cited refrains regarding crimes of this nature is "if only the victim had been a gun-owner or had a concealed-carry permit, they could have prevented this tragedy..."

Well, Michael Moore made a poignant tweet about that:

That's an assinine statement by Michael Moore. Of course she was a gun owner, but Lanza stole her guns and shot her while she was asleep. What, now if you own a gun, you can't sleep in your own house? Maybe I just don't get the gist of what he's saying.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

and regarding Michael Moore, what do you want to bet he owns a gun
i cannot play this vid to be sure, but, i believe it is of a Michael Moore interview where he openly admits he owns a gun and implies he has private security (armed).
www.youtube.com...
feel free to embed it, i cannot.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

That's an assinine statement by Michael Moore. Of course she was a gun owner, but Lanza stole her guns and shot her while she was asleep. What, now if you own a gun, you can't sleep in your own house? Maybe I just don't get the gist of what he's saying.

To Moore it makes perfect sense.

A lot of these gun-grabbers honestly believe that some magic will fall from the sky and instantly eradicate all guns and knowledge of guns from existence if only wizard and warlock politicians will chant the right words.

So if they all just disappeared there would have been no first gun in the chain.
edit on 18-12-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

One of the NRA's most-often cited refrains regarding crimes of this nature is "if only the victim had been a gun-owner or had a concealed-carry permit, they could have prevented this tragedy..."

Wasn't Lanza's mother shot while she was asleep in bed (unless the media has changed that detail too)?

I still believe if someone at the school had been trained & armed to drop the shooter, a lot more people would be alive now.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

The guns were hers, so the complete opposite is true, if guns were banned and she didn't have any guns this would never have happened in the first place...

Are American people simpletons?

Yes, because anyone that deranged and intelligent would never figure out how to harm people without guns.

It's not like he'd go McVeigh on everyone and blow up a school, that would never happen.

Who's the simpleton here?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

If only the schools in the US were designated Gun Free Zones. Then no one would even take a gun on campus.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

I myself do not like people telling me I want children to die because

Nobody says this anyway, and certainly not the NRA. The Left always has to misconstrue things to make a point.
Children died in China under a meat cleaver. Why this fact doesn't shut down the faulty arguments of the Left I don't know, other than that they have an agenda of dismantling and liberty of an armed populace. The Second Amendment is about fighting tyranny, not about sports or hunting. Everyone who understands the Constitution and the Founding Fathers and the Revolutionary War knows this. This is why the Left endeavors always to destroy American's understanding of the Constitution generally by importing more and more people from other places who do not understand and did not grow up with it. That is why the NEA won't teach children properly about the Constitution and the Revolutionary War and the reason it was fought.
I have an ancestor who fought in the War at age 14 so you could have Liberty. These days we consider 14 to be a child, but back then they wielded guns like a mighty sword.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

I still believe if someone at the school had been trained & armed to drop the shooter, a lot more people would be alive now.

yah like the cops that patrol every school and University. I thought they were at all of them now, with metal detectors and everything. I know there were cops on duty every day when I was in the University in Orlando. I guess it's still up to the individual communities though.

Maybe the funds were redirected into redevelopment projects under Agenda 21 management. I've read that this is why the roads aren't being repaired, and it's deliberate.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by Stormdancer777

and regarding Michael Moore, what do you want to bet he owns a gun
i cannot play this vid to be sure, but, i believe it is of a Michael Moore interview where he openly admits he owns a gun and implies he has private security (armed).
www.youtube.com...
feel free to embed it, i cannot.

I'll do it for you.

There ya go!

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The first funerals were yesterday. Perhaps it was just out of respect they are not making statements for now. They know the anti gun establishment will just misconstrue everything anyway.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
How are mentally disturbed young men being identified and set up to be the patsy in domestic covert actions designed for 'problem-reaction-solution' programming of lawmakers and the general public in order to further the 'New World Order' agenda?

Early reports from Sandy Hook mentioned two or multiple shooters involved. This was reduced to one 'lone nut' as was the case in Aurora and many, many cases going all the way back to the original 'lone nut' in modern history: Lee Harvey Oswald.

Covert actions are usually set up in ways that one 'lone nut' (who fits the profile) is blamed and then it's an open and quickly shut case, case closed. This m.o. has been done successfully for years, RFK hit, MLK hit, mass shootings, John Lennon hit, you name it. As soon as lawmakers and the public are satisfied that the 'lone nut' in the media did it all by his lonesome, the secret agenda moves forward. Even in the case of 9/11, Osama bin Laden emerged quickly as the media's 'lone nut' just as Saddam Hussein had been the 'lone nut' who gave the USA 'no choice' but to invade Iraq and in so doing make the military-industrial complex and defense contractors much wealthier in the process.

I don't have any evidence that Sandy Hook was a covert op. But I do not rule it out, seeing as there is now such a big push to ban at least some types of firearms.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Yes I did, I thought he was being a typical American, solve everything by giving everybody guns... apoligies

No American thinks we solve everything with guns. But it is how they did it in the American Revolution. Of course, the King's army didn't have some of the advanced weaponry our army now has, so it would be more difficult to beat an army with depleted uranium and sound weapons and whatever else they have. But one would have to assume the US Army will march against it's own citizens.
Do you think Barack would go up against a bunch of gunowners without the knowledge that a UN Treaty and some Blue Helmets would back him up?

It's interesting he never brought up the subject during his first term and nothing really was focused on guns till Hillary started pushing the Small Arms Treaty. Hillary knows that the UN is ultimately the way to go around our Congress and even our own military.
edit on 18-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Like all conservatives, NRA is a gang of cowards. They should go on the offense and say "This tragedy would not have happened if teachers at the school had been armed. Don't expect the cops to stop incidents like this - only regular citizens can do that".

The media would pounce on the NRA but so what?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Make Speed Limit 45

Personally I see it quite different. I see it so far as everyone that is pointing fingers and showing pictures and giving run downs as basically saying "Look at me, Look at me!". This isn't about the NRA, it isn't about guns, it isn't about the president or congress, it isn't about concerned or angry citizens, it isn't about CNN or FOX or Politico, or Breitbart.com.

It is about a bunch of dead and mourning people. Frankly I am willing to bet that the parents don't give a crap about any of this media circus. All they care about is that they have dead children.

I think the rest of the country should take a page out of the NRA's book and shut the F up for a few days and let some people mourn their families. That might seem hypocritical to say as someone that has commented on a lot of gun bashing threads in the last week but we are having conversations between ourselves. We aren't publishing papers, and broadcasting news, or going for big head lines.

Again, I think we need a referendum on Media before we need any referendum on Guns.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Like all conservatives, NRA is a gang of cowards.

ahh...opened with a blanket insulting statement. No need to continue reading the nonsensical drivel that follows.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I haven't read the whole thread yet but you post stood out to me. My brother commented on how he went to Yahoo and the first 8-12 stories on their scroll thingy were all about the tragedy. The news just can't let it go until it stops selling airtime.

Tragedy/horror sells and the news orgs aren't going to let it go until something else happens to take our attention away from it.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I guess they could tell the truth that it was a false flag operation done by luciferians in an overwhelming rain of lead to create as much hysteria and paranoia as they possibly could, while the media pimps it all down the gullible idiots throat.

But who would believe them??

The truth has died a long, long time ago.

And the nra themselves are shills of the luciferians. They have allowed so much tampering to the second amendment to have taken place over the years that they might as well never speak about anything. The luciferians have trillions and the nra has maybe a few billion...can't win the propaganda war even if they wanted to and tried.

Sooner or later guns will be taken away I fear.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It a great move by the NRA. emotions are so high right now that anything they say will be marked and cruel and insensitive to the lives lost.

I watched that idiot Piers Morgan (for some reason) and he wouldn't even let the guy make his point about gun control. I miss Larry King so much.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

I watched that idiot Piers Morgan (for some reason) and he wouldn't even let the guy make his point about gun control. I miss Larry King so much.

When saying unpopular things you should not expect any sympathy....or even the right to speak.

The 9-11 truth professor got invited to fox news but was "nuked"!

He has balls though I give him that much.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join