It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21 hasn't rattled me one bit until I had this dream.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

I'm making a trip to the library asap
I am only familiar with Jung's theories but have never actually read any of his work outside of college textbooks.

I had to watch Star Wars like 800 times before I became aware about Joseph Campbell and his 'hero' archetypes.

edit on 17-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I didn't want to quote the whole post.

For me it is hard to not want to share certain aspects of the process, it is a paradox though because another part of me understands suffering is an amazing teacher, so who am I to deprive another from learning.

I reached a point in my "growth" where so much suffering (self inflicted) led to a massive shift in consciousness. Now I want to somehow share this feeling with those around me. I feel we do not have to suffer to reach it, but I could be wrong.

The thing is words never work and often seem to have an opposite effect as intended.

I feel part of them that still wants/needs that suffering acts a filter, so no matter what you say with words, they will not see/feel it until they are ready.

We have spoken before and you have read a few of my posts.

I have been trying to purposefully engage in communication with that other aspect of people (I see speaking to part of me, even if they are unaware), and it only happens at a subconscious level.

This makes things difficult and it is like speaking with two different people within the same person, only they are aware of just one.

Who knows, I could be crazy.

edit on 17-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I'm making a trip to the library asap
I am only familiar with Jung's theories but have never actually read any of his work outside of college textbooks.

I had to watch Star Wars like 800 times before I became aware about Joseph Campbell and his 'hero' archetypes.

"Spiritual Pilgrims" is an awesome look at his work too, one of my favorites. I found Joseph Campbell about a year after my initial experience. I couldn't believe I had never found that guy before..

Same with Alan Watts I just found about two months ago.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

You guys just made me go google crazy..

This is an interesting table showing the heroes Journey in steps comparing Star Wars and The Matrix..

HERE

The Matrix is my favorite version of the journey by the way. I'm kind of like Neo, but I went back to sleep, hahaha

Actually watching Matrix Revolutions while having a mystical journey was out of this world.. I became everything.

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

I have been trying to purposefully engage in communication with that other aspect of people (I see speaking to part of me, even if they are unaware), and it only happens at a subconscious level.

This makes things difficult and it is like speaking with two different people within the same person, only they are aware of just one.

I know exactly what you mean. It's what has always embarrassed me about talking or doing anything in front of other people. Me being a scorpio I can feel my subconscious revealing things about me, that I used to want to hide. Re-reading even this post my subconscious put extra meaning through my odd word choices..
hes smarter than me most of the time..
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I'm kind of like Neo, but I went back to sleep, hahaha

I feel somewhat the same..

The past two years have felt like I decided to eat both the red and the blue pill when given the choice

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:02 AM
link   

hes smarter than me most of the time..

Agreed.

Now that I have built a better relationship with "mine" it shows me all kinds of stuff at times. Now it feels more "friendly" like "it" sits behind me and sees EVERYTHING, like "it" has my back.

It is like a dance at times

I'll just go with the flow and things happen "accidentally" that surprise me.. I'll know "I" couldn't have known that was there kinda thing.. but the part of me behind me sees all.

Not trying to sound "special" at all. It doesn't feel as if it happens by "me" but through me.

Hard to put into words.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

As much as consciousness is the most important part of life, psychology is the most important key to the puzzle. If the world is inside me as I in it, my personal psychology affects my ability to experience the world of my choosing. The psychology of me, interacting with other mes until we all figure out that there is only one thing happening.

What is the collective shadow, and are the elite just bringing the shadow to the surface for us to see? If we fear it we will become it.

I always liked this quote:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:24 AM
link   

That is a great link for the Hero's Journey. Everyone should take a look at it if they are unfamiliar with it. Thanks for that great addition to this thread!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThinkingCap

Star and flag for you buddy. Attached to your other experiences in life, I'd say this is very interesting. Dreams have a lot of symbolism behind them, and can be very difficult to decipher.
You could very well have experienced a "possible-alternate-future". Or this could simply (and more plausibly) be your brain processing the dreaded date December 21.

Either way, I just had to share this with ya:

Hmm, why is there an Alien Grey face placed randomly in the background @ 0:18... in a FEMA ad

edit on 17-12-2012 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Whoa! I saw it immediately now that you've pointed it out. That IS weird and creepy. How did you manage to see that? It's only on there for a hair of a second. Good catch!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Wow...

To me it actually looks demonic. Had one that looked like him attack me.. Gray aliens have bigger eyes don't they?

Alien tech hitting major cities with anti gravity waves, ripping apart the earth, causing tidal waves, and then fake/real alien invasion..

My end of world dreams always involve curfews and martial law..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Someone pointed it out in the comments, and it kind of shocked me as well when I first noticed it, especially since it comes down right at the moment the narrator finishes saying "What if everything familiar becomes anything but".

No idea what FEMA is trying to depict in this ad and why they put Grey Aliens in the background, who knows...

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Konduit

Sometimes it pays to read youtube comments--I can't deny that haha. It is pretty blatant, isn't it? Just a sketch of a 'gray' alien face hanging on the wall falls into view--yeah, that's reallll normal.

Or maybe it's just a Mars rock

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Hey ATS.

maybe a bit offtopic , but i'll try anyway

I also believe this has to do with your subconscious , also your physical "status" as you might call it .
When i get ill i get terrible nightmares , This weekend i was really ill up to a point where at some times i felt i would just loose consciousness , and i had terrrible nightmares who i just could not seperate from reality or just a nightmare.
For me this was Proof that Mind and Body are one , atleast up to certain levels , i never experienced this kinda loss of "perception" because of a illness , wich probably was only the flu , but mentally i really felt i was losing it.

TheGreazel

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

And don't forget about this one!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreazel

Don't sweat it. My threads go off-topic halfway through my original post and the mods haven't cracked down on me yet.

There is definitely a mind/body connection. That is pretty much indisputable as there have been numerous scientific and psychological studies correlating relaxation and well-being with happiness and positive attitude etc. There is a direct relationship.

So, why do our dreams tend to go haywire when we've got a flu or a fever? Why does illness make us "delirious?" You've got me curious now!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Love a good dream like this.

I've had various dreams recently about 2 suns in the sky, earthquakes. You name it, i seem to have had it.
I just put it all down to too much reading about 2012.

Interesting post though, I love a strange dream. Keeps the mind wondering.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A dream and nothing more.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by JLO1986

No kidding. I'm so glad you took the time to post a five word response that is in total agreement with what I've been saying throughout the thread about this dream. I am still allowed to be emotionally impressed by dreams, right? They are fascinating, and there is nothing wrong with discussing them.

And I have not at any point professed that this dream was prophetic or divinely inspired in any way.

So, yeah..a dream and nothing more. What a beautiful synopsis of this thread.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Originally posted by JLO1986

I am still allowed to be emotionally impressed by dreams, right?

So, yeah..a dream and nothing more. What a beautiful synopsis of this thread.

Almost Shakespearean in depth. Like the dark deep ocean of the abyss of the unconscious mind..
"Like a profound, Whatever!"
~John Lennon

"It's all there ya know and the same as in a flower, everything's there. It just IS and if you look long enough all answers are in it, and same with the music."
~John Lennon

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join