It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dec 21 hasn't rattled me one bit until I had this dream.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

My scariest, and probably only recurring dream scenario, is when I am in the middle of open water..just floating out in the middle of the calm ocean with no view of land on any side. I don't like the feeling that something could be lurking below.

That sounds like the perfect metaphor for the "shadow" lying dormant in our subconscious, collective and individual.

Confronting that thing while "awake" sucks

edit on 17-12-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Oh, please explain this "shadow!" I think the reason I am afraid of being in the water is because I don't want to get eaten by killer whales and giant sharks that I can't see coming from below.

That's a metaphor for any unseen danger, eh? But mostly I'm just afraid of fish nibbling at my feet and seaweed sliming up my leg.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

I would never reveal m dreams on an internet blog. Dreams are given to an individual personally and are not intended for anyone else.

I have to politely disagree.

Although I do believe most dreams are on an individual level, there are many benefits to "sharing" these dreams within a community. To not share something you feel could enlighten another, (or assist them on there current path) is a bit selfish. IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Oh, please explain this "shadow!" I think the reason I am afraid of being in the water is because I don't want to get eaten by killer whales and giant sharks that I can't see coming from below.

That's a metaphor for any unseen danger, eh? But mostly I'm just afraid of fish nibbling at my feet and seaweed sliming up my leg.

LOL

I will try and give my most simplistic explanation of the shadow, from my experience.

It would be everything I see around me and say to myself "I am not that". All those "terrible" things we see people do around us, all the things people do that piss us off. From the mundane everyday things, to the crazy news stories about insane acts of "evil".

Everything we have projected that we are not, whatever it is we despise in others.. That is the shadow that lies underneath our waking consciousness.

It is a horribly morbid "thing" and no fun to look at, even more so when you realize you are the one projecting it.

You and "it" are intimately connected, instead of facing it, it is easy to avoid it.

IMO

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SyntheticPerception

Many of the details seemed more akin to personal revelations, rather than a global prophesy type dream.

To me, my water dreams represent my personal subconscious working its way through my conscious mind. At times (waking life) I'll have instances that feel like a "wave" of information passing through me. At first this was difficult for me to handle (sanity), but now the process has become much easier and almost enjoyable at times.

I also believe the collective consciousness/subconsciousness plays a role in individual dreams as well. At least on the "family" level.

I've been getting hit with information at an enormous pace lately.. I wonder if that's the wave hitting me this time.. I was on top of the water.. Maybe it's my feeling that I can't quite grasp with my ego how all this new information fits, and the volume is just too much..

Waves of insight indeed.. I've been getting hit so hard it may as well be a psyche altering experience.. Thinking faster than fungi soaked earth..

Thanks for that.

@NarcolepticBuddha sorry about the u2u.. I answer all of them, I must have missed yours? Sometimes if I read one late at night I hold off answering until I know more what I want to say. Maybe I did that and forgot? I'll go look for it. I've been getting messaged a lot lately.
edit on 12/17/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Here you go, this video uses a Tool song and some of Carl Jung's diagrams to explain.

I just wish I would have read this stuff (Carl Jung) before going bat sh#t crazy confronting my shadow face to face with no idea WTF I was doing.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I had somewhat of a doomsday dream a couple of months ago that kind of rattled me, I used to have bad dreams all the time when I was younger but I've gotten used to having them so I don't get scared anymore while dreaming but this dream for some reason scared the s*** out of me.

It started off in my house in the living room and I had a few friends over and we were just talking there was nothing weird or out of place happening and then one of the people say they are going home and leaves (I either didn't know who it was or didn't remember when I woke) so me and two others are talking and all the sudden it goes from bright sunny day to pitch black outside my big picture window and I said what the f*** and before I could get the words completely out this weird high pitched noise started ringing inside of my head, it was like it wasn't coming from outside the house but inside my head and it buckled me and my two buddies we all hit the floor holding our heads from the pain and then I woke up.

The weirdest thing was I told one of my friends (who wasn't in the dream) and she said someone she knew had the same dream about the sky going black from bright and sunny too, the same night.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Ok I read your u2u from the 7th.. I agree with the whole post, and you have obviously been to the place I have.. I didn't have anything to add. I've been off the path. I was always on it, refusing to care about this physical world. Beyond one description of a shaped consciousness it was meaningless..

And then I fell in Love... Luckily we have broth grown into a renewed need to "get there"

Now is a good time for me and you to be searching.. The energy feels Amazing.

This used to be my favorite thing to talk about. The whole I AM thing... But as I have aged I have grown into the thought that it's not my job to awaken everybody as if I am some enlightened being, that's laughable at best..

And still I do know what I know.

I find when I talk too much, I lose the spiritual side and I become more physical.. So in being selfish, I will stop talking about it as often and I'll use my energy for me and those around me.. Until then I find the threads I am supposed to find, and I find it more worth while to respond in public.

My experiences all happened mostly years ago.. As I retell them I rely more and more on old posts of mine to fill in the holes of memory.. I don't want to spread disinfo about merging with the golden liquid consciousness of Bliss...

This video ties in the Wave, Me and synthetic posted about in this thread to the enlightenment experiences (kundalini?) that we have had.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Here you go, this video uses a Tool song and some of Carl Jung's diagrams to explain.

I just wish I would have read this stuff (Carl Jung) before going bat sh#t crazy confronting my shadow face to face with no idea WTF I was doing.

I am just Now going through the Red Book Liber Novus... What a book..

I too wish I had known more about this.. I have had demons after me ever since I started the Heroes journey..

Scared me away for a long long time, but soon now I will have all the advantage I need.

Oddly enough for an atheist (at the time) My shadow was pierced by four darts of many meaninged truth in the form of four sentences spoken by a 15 foot tall Jesus. It was everything about me that I judged about other people, not realizing I was judging myself..

I then realized that's the whole love thy neighbor as thy self bit in a whole new light.. It's the only way to love the self is you must love everything about other people and forgive it too..

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:06 AM
link   

A dream is for the self. A vision is for everyone.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I am just Now going through the Red Book Liber Novus...

I am so jealous right now.

I plan on reading that someday. Thankfully I found my way to Carl Jung by accident in the library, his work helped me see my experience in a new light.

Love the above words at the end of your last post.

(didn't quote the whole thing)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   

In other words, it was her obligation to share important dreams for the good of the clan.

You have no obligations unless some form of divine intervention is compelling you to do this.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

A dream is for the self. A vision is for everyone.

Who distinguishes the "dream" from the waking "vision"?

I have had both numerous times, and they each seemed to "share" on a collective/individual level. Also I see my

"self" in others too, not just inside "me".

With my reasoning, I feel comfortable sharing dreams or visions with others "selfs" if it feels I should.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

Well when I was more in tune spiritually I had a dream that could answer your question?

I was all the sudden in a tank of water.. It had glass walls, but looking through them I see darkness. The water is a green glow from a couple under water lights.. I notice this tank has two halves, or at least an entrance that leads to more water..

I am in fear as this underwater door slides open.

A killer whale comes out. Upon noticing me and my fear energy it bears it's teeth and comes at me.. It is SOO huge. And then all of the sudden as it is ft away it pops into my head (No don't fear it, you are making it afraid).. And so I send Love at it..

The whale does the funniest thing and to this day it's my favorite image ever...

The whale SMILES a big cartoony happy whale smile and then rubs it's nose against me like an eskemo kiss..

It made me so happy..

It was all a choice. Fear or Love.. I was creating situations in my life that came back to bite me, because I feared them. One of the most valuable lessons in my life to date, and all from a 2 minute dream.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

With my reasoning, I feel comfortable sharing dreams or visions with others "selfs" if it feels I should.

The decision of whether to share or not should always come down to the individual. Some people may want to share, others not. I wouldnt share.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I had the pleasure of seeing that song performed live. The experience changed my life.

It was the first time that I learned of Jung's work.

Silly that I had to learn it from a rock band.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

This used to be my favorite thing to talk about. The whole I AM thing... But as I have aged I have grown into the thought that it's not my job to awaken everybody as if I am some enlightened being, that's laughable at best..

Thanks for reading
I just wanted to let you know you're certainly not alone. I'm sure you know that, but I could use reminders of that time-to-time myself so..

I also had a similar realization as the one you wrote above. At first, you want to learn as much as you can and go teach it. It doesn't work. Best you can do is learn as much as you can and DO it...be a demonstration, be the example...Show it, don't tell it. (Easier said than done, right?)

In fact, because you and I are less inclined to want to share and teach, it really does show a level of maturity. Many texts warn about trying to teach spiritual knowledge..it is like casting your pearls before swine--and it only scares people away. Think about the first time someone tried to tell you about love and enlightenment. If you were anything like me, you probably resisted, laughed, and spat at the message.

People will learn in their own context, in their own time, and in their own way. It is nobody's job to teach this stuff. But once you learn it, you provide an example and a precedent for others to follow if they choose.

Addition: Thanks for sharing that bit about your dream of the killer whale! It sounds eerily similar to my recurring dreams. I shall learn from your lesson as well. What a great epiphany to have! Maybe Moby Dick wasn't some pretentious art house crap after all haha

edit on 17-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2012 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Exactly.. All of that.. Lead by example, was something the Army taught me. At least they gave me something to hold onto, as I erased most of the rest of it.

I'm kind of having to re-learn all the truths I had. I still know things to be true like don't throw pearls, but I have had to actually go through throwing them again to Really know how and why that is bad.. And also the difference between lending a hand, and doing it for someone.

And yes the first time I heard any of this stuff, and for years after, I resisted it. My self centered scientific Logic mind would not have any of it.. Same thing with christians, pushing me away.. Funny after all these years judging christians because they judged people, I had become the judger..

After this I have come to understand Jesus much better outside of the christian churches control, and now I get it. He was my example to follow. Not because he said so, but because he just did it. And so can we. I don't suspect I'll get to that level, and yet maybe I will? The path is there, and the choice is mine.

Talking too much gives me a level of self importance that weakens my connection to the ALL that IS. Kind of feels like bragging and it is. Something about not being humble enough takes away the Godliness of it all.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   

The decision of whether to share or not should always come down to the individual. Some people may want to share, others not. I wouldnt share.

I can relate.

The hardest part for me about joining and posting in this community here was sharing personal experiences. I have decided to share what feels necessary for me individually ~ with the comunity collectively.

It has helped me grow by sharing some of my experiences and getting others perspectives. It also helped me on a personal level by seeing I am not alone with as many things as it seems at times.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

Silly that I had to learn it from a rock band.

Don't feel bad.

I didn't learn of his work till an episode of psychosis led me into a seven day stay in a mental hospital.

After getting out I went to the local library and his book "memories, dreams and reflections", and "synchronicity" practically jump off the shelf into my arms.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join