It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information

www.inquisitr.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazztrance
The shooter should have shot the westboro people, Im sure no one would ever miss em. Seriously, WTH are those people thinking, is EVERYTHING about being gay with them, JEEZ !

It wouldn't surprise me if someone did take these idiots out. I sure as hell wouldn't shed one tear if it happened. These people are worse than any dictator or killer in the world IMO.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bisman
i wasnt aware there were so many ats members that are against free speech.

And you would have that same opinion if I or anyone else turned up at your child's funeral, praising god for killing your child?

There's freedom of speech and there's hate speech, WBC fall into the latter category

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
nighthawk THAT is great news. I could not imagine sending those children back to the school. I know there is a petition to rebuild the school so that non of those babies have to walk back into the scene of the crime.

I just read an article that said WBC is planning on being there tonight for Obamas visit. Maybe, just maybe, that's the event they want to be present for - lots of national coverage.

blog.ctnews.com...

People are banding together here in CT. Check out this face book page!

www.facebook.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I'm not sure who you may be in terms of having ears to speak to up in that area, if any....but I'd say they may consider actually razing the school and building another elsewhere. perhaps at least, razing the part of the school the lives were taken in specifically and turning that to an open space memorial with a great deal of care and love.

It's not superstition to note that the site of historic massacres have physical evidence decades or more after events to show where a thing happened. The Mountain Meadows Massacre is but ONE example in a long book I read on this phenomenon. However, as the accounts of that time and logic point out....the place those folks settled to camp was lush, rich and promising as a small Oasis. I won't recount events as people who care, know what happened there. However, today, it's barren and devoid of meaningful life. Other sites bear similar scars in a real physical sense after enormous human tragedy.

I'd say not rebuilding of the site of SO MUCH ..in sheer numbers of Souls lost in that spot...is a matter of sense and not just respect. I think, to only TOUCH on this..nothing more....there is a spiritual side to this that needs a voice given it...if only a small one...in terms of the echos a physical location acquires after an event of this magnitude, IMO.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
LOOK at THIS - WOO-HOO[-/size]

UPDATE! 9:14 AM, 12/16.

Just got off the phone with the Newtown PD, CT State Mobile Command Center and CT State Police. The Secret Service have already blocked off areas at Newtown High School in preparation of tonight's private vigil. There will be visitors allowed on-site, but there is a firm, set number as to maximum capacity that officials will allow at any given time. Their recommendation is for anyone from outside of the area to stay home and watch on television, but if you wish to come and show your support, please understand the security measures in place and that these numbers are solid.

Myself, my wife and Matthew John will all be heading to the area at around 4:30 PM this afternoon to visit. Should we be granted entry, we will do the best we can to share the message of love and peace amongst others there. Should there be any negative gatherings, one can only hope that we will be able to have strength in numbers to drown out their cries of hatred.

Cannot thank you all enough for your displays of affection and love.

This was updated on the FB page that was gathering together. Hopefully, this will keep them at bay!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

LOOK at THIS - WOO-HOO[-/size]

UPDATE! 9:14 AM, 12/16.

Just got off the phone with the Newtown PD, CT State Mobile Command Center and CT State Police. The Secret Service have already blocked off areas at Newtown High School in preparation of tonight's private vigil. There will be visitors allowed on-site, but there is a firm, set number as to maximum capacity that officials will allow at any given time. Their recommendation is for anyone from outside of the area to stay home and watch on television, but if you wish to come and show your support, please understand the security measures in place and that these numbers are solid.

Myself, my wife and Matthew John will all be heading to the area at around 4:30 PM this afternoon to visit. Should we be granted entry, we will do the best we can to share the message of love and peace amongst others there. Should there be any negative gatherings, one can only hope that we will be able to have strength in numbers to drown out their cries of hatred.

Cannot thank you all enough for your displays of affection and love.

This was updated on the FB page that was gathering together. Hopefully, this will keep them at bay!

I will be heading up to the Fire House around 3:00PM

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
I don't normally post something like this on ATS, but....

If I had the money, or the time, to fly to Connecticut right now, I swear to God, and all of you, that the members of the Westboro baptist church would NEVER picket anything ever again.

There is a reason they aren't allowed in the UK, it is for their own protection, because if they tried that over here, they WOULD be leaving in bags.

Arseholes.

What a fantastic post Bro.
If I had the money and the time,I would gladly back you up.

Having said that-I doubt the goons will get anywhere close to Newtown if the locals get to hear about them.
What a disgraceful,disrespectful way to behave to your fellow humans in their time of grief-like they do not have enough to deal with without deranged,delusional maniacs trying to tell you god did this horrible act to them.

The are unspeakable sub human scum.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Keep us posted when/if you can.

The FB group you posted I have been following since last night. There are 3 group pages, like that, that I am aware of.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
There was tweet from Abigail Phelps less than an hour ago stating they had arrived in CT....I do hope this all just a publicity stunt.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Awen24
I could have sworn Jesus said...

"love your enemies, and pray for those who persecute you."

(no reason given)

They don't give a crap about the bible or what it says. The bible also says "God is Love", but they don't care. WBC, is ruled by a control freak who was kicked out his former legitimate church decades ago. The whole compound is a money racket and i've read and heard they pay virtually no taxes since they claim everything in their compound is for non profit religous purposes.

What ever group ends up opposing them in CN, needs to have a lawyer on standby. Their mo is to sue as many people as possible everywhere they go.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

They are SICK! Saying it was gods work to take out these children because of gay marriage. WTF? Are these folks in this "church' that inhuman to not allow the grieving families alone?

I am from the Newtown/Danbury area and I can bet they won't get very far. They will be blocked because the community, and others outraged, will ban together to allow the mourning families to mourn in peace.

They had planned to picket the funeral of a young soldier here, and I was one of many thousands who turned out. They never showed their faces.

I was told later that sometimes they threaten to do this just for the publicity -- and don't actually follow through with it. I think that publicity will keep them away.

I think if they tried it, every single cop in town would find something to arrest them for. I've heard that they've had vehicles impounded before a protest (that were, according to the police, "illegally parked.")

link   
I think Jesus put Westboro Baptist Church on earth to test true Christians, like dinosaur bones.

link   
Great way to kill 2 rights with one stone.
Bye-bye 1st and 2nd Amendments.
We're even going to cheer them on to take them away!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

There was tweet from Abigail Phelps less than an hour ago stating they had arrived in CT....I do hope this all just a publicity stunt.

If I was anywhere near the place, I would show up.

But I know there are organizations (often motorcycle clubs) who are always ready to step in on this. If you google, you can find the names of some of them and then shoot an email to them and ask how to join the organized effort.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
1st amendment my arse.
No one is saying the law ought to change.
What these idiots are doing is inciting hatred.
You can have free speech, but it doesn't mean you can go around saying deliberately inflammatory things to people and not expect them to react.
If you were out with your Mrs and some guy came up and said she looked like a whore, no one in their right mind would blame you for beating him half to death.
If you are burying your kid and someone said it was good that they were murdered, well, I think a reasonable person would understand it if you just slotted them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I don't believe this CRAP!
WTNH News Channel 8
about a minute ago
Our partners at the Danbury News-Times report "St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown evacuated during Noon mass because of unspecified threat. " Police are on the scene.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Not sure what this is about but there are 2 separate posts on this.....

Sigh, really? Little off topic but important! "St. Rose of Lima Church in #Newtown evacuated during Noon mass because of unspecified

friend just tweeted this:

"Attending 12pm Mass at St Rose of Lima in #Newtown. Pastor Weiss indicated there was a threat. Parishioners quietly evacuating"

I hope it is unrelated

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

You and I posted at the same time! Guess something is going on.....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by Bisman
i wasnt aware there were so many ats members that are against free speech.

And you would have that same opinion if I or anyone else turned up at your child's funeral, praising god for killing your child?

There's freedom of speech and there's hate speech, WBC fall into the latter category

Freedom of speech also means that others are free to express what THEY think about your speech. There are many expressing their opinion about WBC's speech -- speech that I don't believe has brought many into Christianity (I've been Pagan for about 40 years, so their being ineffective prosteletyzers doesn't bother me.)

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join