It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
They are now reporting after evacuation of the church a dozen state troopers armed with assault rifles stormed the house next to the church.ho

They're prepping for Obamas' visit into the town of Newtown.

I doubt very much if this 'group' will be allowed to protest considering the amount of SS and the POTUS in the area.

Usually I get perturbed when the POTUS uses resources in manners such as visiting neighborhoods, but in this case I'm glad if it stops this 'group'.

Peace!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by King Seesar

Please see above.

reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Ditto

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Sorry i'll stay on topic i just can't understand anybody justifying WBC's other then from a free speech perspective...

I mean just the theological views of the Westboro Baptist Church don't mesh with anybody believing in any aspect of Christianity or Christ from my view and i consider my self loosely Christian and even i can see that there a walking contradiction....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
And what god are they praising? I'm not sure it's the same God I pray to.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerrorAlertRed
Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information

www.inquisitr.com...

Anon has said the sites are down, they are working for me ~

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Whatever demon is swimming around in the Phelps family really likes putting in the overtime ehh?

Then Jesus asked him, “What is your name?”
“My name is Legion,” he replied, “for we are many.”
Mark 5:9

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I would never normally pray-hope for a massacre on somebody, but if some crazy father who's lost his kids did the nation a favor by injecting these self-centered, evil, people just by injecting their heads with lead; then would that still be someone doing God's work then... over gay marriage... whatever it is?

Merely a question!!!

Also doesn't...
The fact nobody has burnt these animals church down, kind of speaks volumes about the selfish nature, of all suicidal people, who dare to leave this world without first making it a better place?

Or maybe I'm missing something?

Either way, just some questions!!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SprocketUK

If you don't think hate speech laws affect free speech think again.
This is all about making people want to set limits on what is protected speech.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Something has to be done to stop this horrible group!

What can we do as a population to stop them and their hatred?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Like I said in my last post. If they want to talk rubbish, they have the net, or public access tv, or they can publish a book. Turning up at someone's funeral is asking for a reaction. It's taunting, its incitement to violence.
Freedom doesn't mean you have the right to ruin someone else's life.
I have the right to live my life how I like as long as it doesn't mess with someone else. I support others freedoms too, but I won't be sitting on my hands if someone chooses to cross what I consider a line where respect turns into disrespect. I don't see why anyone else should either.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Sometimes I wonder what will happen when Fred Phelps dies. For some reason I get the feeling that it will be one of the most attended funerals in history.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

My personal opinion is the Westboro bunch need a good old fashioned can of whupass let go on them.
If they keep taunting they way they have it'll happen and it will be a youtube favorite of millions.
We don't need any new laws to deal with these people.
Civilized societies can solve these problems without running to the law for everything.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Beating up protestors saying stuff you don't like hardly sounds like something civilized people do.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

My personal opinion is the Westboro bunch need a good old fashioned can of whupass let go on them.
If they keep taunting they way they have it'll happen and it will be a youtube favorite of millions.
We don't need any new laws to deal with these people.
Civilized societies can solve these problems without running to the law for everything.

Spot on and I think existing laws are enough to keep these scu m away from funerals if people have the will.
Over here they would be arrested to prevent a breach of the peace if they turned up at a funeral or something.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

IIRC a bunch of the WBC people are lawyers. Getting bloody = $$$ for them.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Can people picket their so called church and tell them they are not welcomed? Seems only fair.

Humanity needs to grow up and fast.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully

Originally posted by TerrorAlertRed
Anonymous Hacks The Westboro Baptist Church: Posts All Their Personal Information

www.inquisitr.com...

Anon has said the sites are down, they are working for me ~

Anyone post the video yet..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Aaaah, i see.
I am sick because I support peoples rights, natural or god given rights at that.
My "god" does not place such things as guilt or disgust, my god is more powerful than your beliefs.
My god is all knowing, all seeing and free will is a powerful illusion.
Do things happen without your gods consent or knowing??

These rights are coupled with the responsibility not to abuse them. It is that simple. I'm no Christian And only a lowly permanent resident to the USA. But I understand that. You have rights and you have responsibilities. It is not that hard. Westbro has never been responsible with it's "free speech". QED they should no longer be allowed it in the form they are using it.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
Given all the crazier theories that have turned out to be true over the years, try this one on for size...

[Disclaimer: I am an agnostic and not religious.]

What's the possibility that these Westboro loonies are a disinformation/false flag front for an elite secular group a la the Illuminati? These Westboro idiots certainly discredit the case of their particular brand of Christianity wherever they go, but imho, a little too much. It's almost like they're trying too hard...

I have always been skeptical of the true motivations and origins of this group.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by SBMcG
Given all the crazier theories that have turned out to be true over the years, try this one on for size...

[Disclaimer: I am an agnostic and not religious.]

What's the possibility that these Westboro loonies are a disinformation/false flag front for an elite secular group a la the Illuminati? These Westboro idiots certainly discredit the case of their particular brand of Christianity wherever they go, but imho, a little too much. It's almost like they're trying too hard...

I have always been skeptical of the true motivations and origins of this group.

Like you I'm skeptical of this group. I'm not sure about the whole elite thing (including the Illuminati), that is probably because I follow a non abrahamic faint (of European origin
) and we get these sort of wack jobs lurking around the edges trying to disrupt and scavenge members. Honestly I would not be surprised if Phelps was a Church of Satan or Temple of Set Member at some point. I see these groups as left hand path Abrahamics. The god that is talked about in the new testement, and the one in the old, are not really that similar. So either having a kid (Jesus, and I am no beleiver he actually walked the earth either but that is not for this thread) mellowed Jehovah out, or there was a change of Management, and Jehovah got booted out?

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join