It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigern

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by summer5

you know, I'd take the arrest as a badge of pride for cold cocking one in the jaw

Yup, I'm about the calmest laid back and forgiving person you're likely to meet but if I was burying a child and these aholes showed up I would be going to jail no doubt about it. I just don't get these people but I guess I'm not supposed to cause I'm not a lunatic.

I am a peaceful person also. Never hit another human being in my life. But I would be joining you in jail. And I would go gladly with a smile of satisfaction on my face. I actually see myself using my knee as my weapon. : )

I was shocked when I saw the thread title. Haven't heard from these minions in a while.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I feel sorry for the children of these people.

They have to grow up being taught hate.

I think that child protective services need to intervene.

These children are being put at risk by their parents ideals.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by nighthawk1954
I don't believe this CRAP!
WTNH News Channel 8
about a minute ago
Our partners at the Danbury News-Times report "St. Rose of Lima Church in Newtown evacuated during Noon mass because of unspecified threat. " Police are on the scene.

I heard it was a bomb threat! Unconfirmed at this time.

edit on 16-12-2012 by summer5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by DanaKatherineScully
The thing is though WBC are not the only ones saying that if god had been in the school or words to that effect this wouldn't of happened.

This is not what they are saying... you are not even close.

What they are saying is that the killing of these children is God's wrath for the State of Connecticut being accepting of Gay Marriage, (Connecticut is one of the few States where gay marriage is legal and has not been repealed).

In other words, it was God's will that this guy shot children. The dead children are God's punishment for allowing gays to marry.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Newtown should offer an open invitation to Russell Brand to go there and hang with WBC.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by destination now

Originally posted by Bisman
i wasnt aware there were so many ats members that are against free speech.

And you would have that same opinion if I or anyone else turned up at your child's funeral, praising god for killing your child?

There's freedom of speech and there's hate speech, WBC fall into the latter category

Freedom of speech also means that others are free to express what THEY think about your speech. There are many expressing their opinion about WBC's speech -- speech that I don't believe has brought many into Christianity (I've been Pagan for about 40 years, so their being ineffective prosteletyzers doesn't bother me.)

Yes, I agree to an extent, but by speaking against WBC and wanting them to be stopped heaping misery on those who are already suffering a terrible loss, does not mean that I am against freedom of speech, just that I recognise the difference between freedom of speech and hate filled rants and I cannot and will not ever defend someone's right to cause pain and suffering to another through their words just because they can

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
They are now reporting after evacuation of the church a dozen state troopers armed with assault rifles stormed the house next to the church.ho

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

They are now reporting after evacuation of the church a dozen state troopers armed with assault rifles stormed the house next to the church.ho

What the hell is going on
. This community has been through enough already!

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Just Got sent this tear jerker! Have a tissue handy!

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
edit on 16-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Just Got sent this tear jerker! Have a tissue handy!

twas' 11 days before Christmas, around 9:38
when 20 beautiful children stormed through heaven's gate.
their smiles were contagious, their laughter filled the air.
they could hardly believe all the beauty they saw there.
they were filled with such joy, they didn't know what to say.
they remembered nothing of what had happened earlier that day.
"where are we?" asked a little girl, as quiet as a mouse.
"this is heaven." declared a small boy. "we're spending Christmas at God's house."
when what to their wondering eyes did appear,
but Jesus, their savior, the children gathered near.
He looked at them and smiled, and they smiled just the same.
then He opened His arms and He called them by name.
and in that moment was joy, that only heaven can bring
those children all flew into the arms of their King
and as they lingered in the warmth of His embrace,
one small girl turned and looked at Jesus' face.
and as if He could read all the questions she had
He gently whispered to her, "I'll take care of mom and dad."
then He looked down on earth, the world far below
He saw all of the hurt, the sorrow, and woe
then He closed His eyes and He outstretched His hand,
"Let My power and presence re-enter this land!"
"may this country be delivered from the hands of fools"
"I'm taking back my nation. I'm taking back my schools!"
then He and the children stood up without a sound.
"come now my children, let me show you around."
excitement filled the space, some skipped and some ran.
all displaying enthusiasm that only a small child can.
and i heard Him proclaim as He walked out of sight,
"in the midst of this darkness, I AM STILL THE LIGHT."

Written by Cameo Smith, Mt. Wolf, PA
edit on 16-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

I am wiping tears

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Not much information, just a short article saying a threat had been made against the church and they were told to evacuate.
www.nbcconnecticut.com...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I'm sure this is in poor taste, but why is it people shoot up elementary schools and malls but no one shoots up the Westboro Baptist Church?

Are they ever going to go away?

That 'church' is a mole-put in place to tear us apart and confuse those who might otherwise believe.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManjushriPrajna
The WBC is not interested in spreading the message of Christ. They could care less if you become a Christian or not. God is not in their interest. Money is.

Actually their purpose is to discredit Christianity, to demonized the faithful.

Perversion of faith is Satan's way...

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Let them preach their intolerance and hatred. The WBC is best anti religious campaign in the country.
Just think of all the people they will turn away from getting involved with religion.
In the end they are helping others steer clear of ignorance.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by flyingfish
Let them preach their intolerance and hatred. The WBC is best anti religious campaign in the country.
Just think of all the people they will turn away from getting involved with religion.
In the end they are helping others steer clear of ignorance.

Religion can be practiced better than those idiots do it. Don't blame religion because of a clueless bunch of twats. Most religious people are nice people, unfortunetly some just take things to far. If you meant stay clear of their ignorance, then I agree.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
i dont really advocate violence against them, but i will understand if something happens. they are real life trolls even 4chan is against them. You know you are hated when the a$$hole of the internet doesnt like you

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

I am glab Westboro is headed to this little town to protest whatever it is they protest.
Why you ask???

Because everytime I see these trolls exercising their rights in a rediculous fashion, it reminds me that we do have rights and they are alive and well.
Westboro's impotent words and signs do not bother me as they are just that, impotent.
They do have something right in my opinion though, god did send that shooter to murder those babies.
I believe in an all powerful god, and nothing happens without his/her/our consent and planning.
Let westboro continue to press their rights, then we can keep ours as well.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Morgan Freeman's brilliant take on what happened yesterday :

"You want to know why. This may sound cynical, but here's why.

It's because of the way the media reports it. Flip on the news and watch how we treat the Batman theater shooter and the Oregon mall shooter like celebrities. Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris are household names, but do you know the name of a single *victim* of Columbine? Disturbed
people who would otherwise just off themselves in their basements see the news and want to top it by doing something worse, and going out in a memorable way. Why a grade school? Why children? Because he'll be remembered as a horrible monster, instead of a sad nobody.

CNN's article says that if the body count "holds up", this will rank as the second deadliest shooting behind Virginia Tech, as if statistics somehow make one shooting worse than another. Then they post a video interview of third-graders for all the details of what they saw and heard while the shootings were happening. Fox News has plastered the killer's face on all their reports for hours. Any articles or news stories yet that focus on the victims and ignore the killer's identity? None that I've seen yet. Because they don't sell. So congratulations, sensationalist media, you've just lit the fire for someone to top this and knock off a day care center or a maternity ward next.

You can help by forgetting you ever read this man's name, and remembering the name of at least one victim. You can help by donating to mental health research instead of pointing to gun control as the problem. You can help by turning off the news."

edit on 16-12-2012 by Byrd because: Added "ex" tags to make it clear whic part was the quote.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Don't stoop to there level violence is never the answer, let them have there rights and we will have ours condemning them for there actions....

The Bible also teaches don't judge but that's all WBC does, so they will be judged....

edit on 16-12-2012 by King Seesar because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

They do have something right in my opinion though, god did send that shooter to murder those babies.
I believe in an all powerful god, and nothing happens without his/her/our consent and planning.
Let westboro continue to press their rights, then we can keep ours as well.

Then you are as deranged and sick as they are...

Your God would think you were disgusting for saying such thing.

God gave people FREE WILL, he/she doesn't instruct people or plan these killings.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join