It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WBC - Westboro Baptist Church to picket Newtown, CT School Shooting

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Noinden

Originally posted by SBMcG
Given all the crazier theories that have turned out to be true over the years, try this one on for size...

[Disclaimer: I am an agnostic and not religious.]

What's the possibility that these Westboro loonies are a disinformation/false flag front for an elite secular group a la the Illuminati? These Westboro idiots certainly discredit the case of their particular brand of Christianity wherever they go, but imho, a little too much. It's almost like they're trying too hard...

I have always been skeptical of the true motivations and origins of this group.

Like you I'm skeptical of this group. I'm not sure about the whole elite thing (including the Illuminati), that is probably because I follow a non abrahamic faint (of European origin
) and we get these sort of wack jobs lurking around the edges trying to disrupt and scavenge members. Honestly I would not be surprised if Phelps was a Church of Satan or Temple of Set Member at some point. I see these groups as left hand path Abrahamics. The god that is talked about in the new testement, and the one in the old, are not really that similar. So either having a kid (Jesus, and I am no beleiver he actually walked the earth either but that is not for this thread) mellowed Jehovah out, or there was a change of Management, and Jehovah got booted out?

Right, I couldn't agree more. And I was only using the Illuminati as an example of what could be behind it. Church of Satan works too.

But you know what group has been known to use tactics like this in the past and has oodles of money?

Scientology.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by SBMcG

I'm more skeptical of it being Scientology, its not their stick, unlike CoS or ToS, who openly have stated that they will infiltrate a group and poison it from within in the past. The other option is that Phelps and co are that screwed up, and well that worries me much more.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   
And you wonder why the suicidal youth cant be a little more productive and take out WBC rather than a couple dozen kids -.-...

I mean forreal.. If WBC got shot up it would be a south park show, Tosh.O show, every comedian would cover this, they would become a hero...

These suicidal kids who want to make a mark should pick there targets more wisely..

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I'm sure this is in poor taste, but why is it people shoot up elementary schools and malls but no one shoots up the Westboro Baptist Church?

Are they ever going to go away?

Easy. The same evil that drives the shooters, drives WBC. A house divided against itself cannot stand. You see the same phenomena when feminist groups don't make a peep against Muslim atrocities towards women. Or, atheist not getting offended when Obama quotes from the bible, or talks about God.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I heard today that annonymous leaked info on the Westboro members...
www.torontosun.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.torontosun.com... 12/16/anonymous-targets-westboro-baptist-church-for-planning-newtown-picket
I wonder if someone took their info then shot a bunch of their members, would the survivors then picket the funerals of their own friends and family?

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
Westboro isnt a religion, its a financial scam. They provoke vunerable greiving people to sue them, they exist on the countersuit wins(on the basis of free speech) for costs

This is one of the most twisted things I have ever heard, but it is the first explanation I have seen for WBC that makes any sense. Darned if I don't think you've nailed it.

What a sick, disgusting mentality, to exploit those who are in the most pain, in the most awful way. For WBC to exploit this tragedy is their most grevious offense to date.

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by summer5
There is video on their website that says "god sent the shooter". This is one sick group!

They sound more like a cult than a church IMO....

Never heard of a church organization wanting harm to come to children, or any one for that matter.

Maybe the IRS needs to pay them a visit, check them out....

How low down can a person[s] be to even think of doing such a tasteless, tacky, disgusting protest of this nature?
They sound like they are more of the Devils spawn than of God's children....

posted on Dec, 16 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
With any luck somebody will kill the entire organization.....

It's mighty hard to sue when you're dead.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
FYI here's a pastebin link to the Anon. hack
WBC info
Well damn, I have it up on another pg, but the link won't work.
Hmmm...let's try direct: /xbk8bdtl
Wow, Ok, lets try this...it's on pastebin which is a .com site with the following ext: /xbk8bdtl
this is weird....hope I don't po the hall monitors

Ok, it's the longway around and ol school but it'll get you there.

edit on 17-12-2012 by SCGrits because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   
The only way things like this will stop is if human beings stop seeing in black and white.
We do not need laws to teach us morality. Just because it is legal does not make it moral and vice versa.
Freedom of speech is a right that every single human being on this planet is entitled to, But we are just as entitled to cull the sort of scum that wish to picket childrens funerals for their own devices, from this planet.

Morality is entirely situational and is not something that can be defined and then wrote down and followed.
Coming from a complete pacifist who feels angry with himself when he cannot think his way out of violence, I can safely say there is nothing immoral about anything that may happen to these people.
edit on 17-12-2012 by AsanoSuigin because: Deleting angry emotional statement

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
Sometimes I wonder what will happen when Fred Phelps dies. For some reason I get the feeling that it will be one of the most attended funerals in history.

I think everybody in the country should show up to protest with signs that God hates him and he's going to burn in hell. It's only fitting.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals
reply to post by SprocketUK

My personal opinion is the Westboro bunch need a good old fashioned can of whupass let go on them.
If they keep taunting they way they have it'll happen and it will be a youtube favorite of millions.
We don't need any new laws to deal with these people.
Civilized societies can solve these problems without running to the law for everything.

That's exactly what they count on. People attack them, then they sue and it keeps them going.

If you're going to attack them, go all the way.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by akays131
I heard today that annonymous leaked info on the Westboro members...
www.torontosun.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">www.torontosun.com... 12/16/anonymous-targets-westboro-baptist-church-for-planning-newtown-picket
I wonder if someone took their info then shot a bunch of their members, would the survivors then picket the funerals of their own friends and family?

Maybe a big group of gay people need to shoot them, then they'd have to picket their own member's funerals

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by SCGrits
FYI here's a pastebin link to the Anon. hack
WBC info
Well damn, I have it up on another pg, but the link won't work.
Hmmm...let's try direct: /xbk8bdtl
Wow, Ok, lets try this...it's on pastebin which is a .com site with the following ext: /xbk8bdtl
this is weird....hope I don't po the hall monitors

Ok, it's the longway around and ol school but it'll get you there.

I guess it's very fitting that all their zipcodes have "666" in them

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
I think these folks may have just signed their own death warrants.

Take a look at this video interview. Notice the child's hand print in fake blood on the sign.

Yes I believe in freedom of speech, but I also believe in the freedom to kick people's asses when they have gone way overboard with something.

I honestly do not see these people getting out of this alive, and who ever finally takes care of these people will be considered a hero in the eyes of America.

NOTE: Leave their children alone though!

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by tw0330

Freedom to assault people who say things we don't like. Mind pointing to me to some documentation on that one? I must have missed it. They have the same rights as we do, to hold up signs that say what we think. People advocating violence against these people, you wouldn't cry foul if you were beaten down for expressing yourself with a sign?

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Wouldnt it be a b**** if these WBC guys were right about god?.. I honestly think I'd rather chill with Satan if true.. Accordingly he seems like a pretty nice guy.. Atleast I won't have to feed him grapes and listen to his conceited blabber.

posted on Dec, 18 2012 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by tw0330

Freedom to assault people who say things we don't like. Mind pointing to me to some documentation on that one? I must have missed it. They have the same rights as we do, to hold up signs that say what we think. People advocating violence against these people, you wouldn't cry foul if you were beaten down for expressing yourself with a sign?

Believe it or not, you can.. People do it everyday..There may be some consequences but don't become distorted

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

A pic from woodbury. A lot of bikers showed up in case blockage was needed

posted on Dec, 20 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
YES WE STOPPED THEM!!!!! Hundreds of Firefighters,bikers and cops! Human walls, they did not have a hair on their asses to get near !

www.youtube.com...
edit on 20-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join