It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons, isn't it time you reliquished your tea?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
Ever hear of someone going to an elementary school and executing 20 kids with tea?

yeah i haven't either

No, but it could happen.
If you stuffed enough tea bags into peoples mouths they could choke to death.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I don't disagree. Many in the US didn't even want to get involved, but FDR made sure there was a reason to be involved. War is for the banks and the politicians to get rich.

The US lost over 400k, almost as many as you Brits. So it pisses me off when I see someone not acknowledge the sacrifice of so many who gave all. It is a sure bet that without the US involvement, the landscape of Europe would be very different today. That other bloke is wrong afaiak!

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hangedman13

Oh please the US didn't join in until they got rich with all the loans they gave us etc.
Save us? It was a many many countries who joined in and helped fight the fascists you did help but do not go down that road.

Typical of a blimey limey to now dismiss how the US saved all your Euro asses when we had no dog in the fight to begin with. You'd all be sperkenze duetch if it weren't for our fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers. Figures.

I don't agree with us Brits lecturing the US on their gun laws, that is your business and you have a different history and culture to us, in many ways I wish we had gun ownership freedom like yourselves, but leave the needless WW2 references out, the US joined in not out of altruism but to further your own foreign interests and become the pre eminent empire, fair enough, but let's not dress it up as "charity" for us Brits
edit on 14-12-2012 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
In Butterfly effect theory status, the Brits' ancestors are the reason any of these shootings ever take place.

LOL.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Hold on dude you brought up WW2 and spouted BS about it.
I thanked everyone involved if you read my post.
You think that we in Briton do not know the sacrifices people made in ww2, heck they even bombed my Grandads chippy.
I'm a glad a guy from the USA brought you down a bit because you needed it.
edit on 15-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They might as well give up their tea. They already gave up their weapon rights and are in the process of accepting sharia law. Whatever happened to the English anyway?

Why does this BS keep cropping up. We are as likely to "accept" sharia law as the US to vote communism. Stop falling for the pathetic racist comments by right wing british media who don't want people looking at the real causes of societies problems so instead whip up hysteria like this as a distraction.

We don't have weapons because we have grown up.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Not all of you.

Which is the real problem isn't it, that small minority of people who shouldn't have guns who get them anyway. Those capable of snapping, exist everywhere and are capable of obtaining a weapon regardless of what restrictions there may be in place.

The vast majority of gun crime in America is committed by people who are already criminals, people who aren't likely getting their guns through legal background checks anyway.

So please, enough with the, "we're more civilized than you" remarks.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What alarms me most about this whole conversation is that my fellow countrymen can't even spell our nation's name (admittedly, one of many) correctly.

You are a BRITON. You live in BRITAIN. There is no such country as "Briton".

Sheesh. It's not hard you know.

But on the issue of guns and all the ancilliary subjects, I have had this conversation and been around the interwebs long enough to know that it's a pointless discussion. Nothing ever changes, nothing ever will, no-one ever swaps sides, no-one ever learns, no-one ever "wins", and it always ends up as a slanging match. Same as religion - a total waste of time having the discussion.

edit on 15/12/2012 by dogsounds because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

Dear Sir, do you sincerely believe that giving up the right to guns you stop the shootings?

I'd like to add, if you do believe that way it saddens me: that belief is outright stoooooooopid.

Please... get... out... of... your... sand... box...

A pretty Please.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

I like your thread.

I hate the replies your getting. It is freaking sad to see how stupid does people turn to when emotions come to play.

Happy fragging!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

LOL @Brits

Some Crazy brit kills 17 ppl and you ban guns from all people in your country?

ROFLMAO

That is as stupid as it sounds. Not suprised tho.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by yorkshirelad

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They might as well give up their tea. They already gave up their weapon rights and are in the process of accepting sharia law. Whatever happened to the English anyway?

Why does this BS keep cropping up. We are as likely to "accept" sharia law as the US to vote communism. Stop falling for the pathetic racist comments by right wing british media who don't want people looking at the real causes of societies problems so instead whip up hysteria like this as a distraction.

I wouldn't be so cocky, when we had no gun regulation crime was much lower.

The UK is quite a degenerate place at times, we aren't that grown up to be honest

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit
reply to post by DarthMuerte

London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001.

Source

THIS is what has happened to the British!

Actually leicester has for a number of years had a larger proportion of Asians and afro carribeans to whites.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
never thought i'd see the day when the great minds of ATS are arguing with each other ,in these bad times we should be pulling together this is not the reason why i joined this good site .................PEACE

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join