It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons, isn't it time you reliquished your tea?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI
OK, so it's an analogy for the gun control argument.

It's an analogy for fallacious arguments, it's not directed at Britons and I've no intention of coming up with one for anyone else. It is an example of taking an extreme example to justify an agenda.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Someone is clearly still mad about the outcome of that little tiff we had 200+ years ago.

Yes it led to the creation of the federal reserve by the those brits you claim victory over ?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I think it would be best just give up all our possessions and let the govt decide what we get day by day. I am not capable of rational decisions that if made wrong might hurt me or those around me. But the govt is, they alway know what's right and will take care of me.

I agree with you!! Maybe we should all live in hermitically sealed bubbles in padded rooms and only drink small cokes and remove all objects that could harm us such as hammers, axes, cars, cigarettes, beer, scissors, etc.

When gun control laws are put in place I have 12 guns, one semi automatic.. and I will NOT give them up freely.

I lived in Europe for 7 years. I can tell you now they have as many problems as we do. We could not go to any nightclub in the 90's, ride a bus, or be in large public gathering places per our embassy because they were being blown up. Yeah, their gun ban works. (saracasm) The people who do this stuff will find another way.

What dont people understand about guns? I use them for sport mainly, going to the range, hunting, etc. My daughter got her first gun (pink even) when she was 5 and was taught to use it and respect it. I have never locked them away. EVER. I have a loaded gun in almost every room of my home. WHY? Because people are crazy. If I am in a hot bubble bath sipping my wine and some jerk comes to my home and breaks in and intends to harm me I have a gun in my bathroom. Paranoid? Maybe. But, the day it saves my life it really wont matter what anyone says about me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by k21968

I think it would be best just give up all our possessions and let the govt decide what we get day by day. I am not capable of rational decisions that if made wrong might hurt me or those around me. But the govt is, they alway know what's right and will take care of me.

I agree with you!! Maybe we should all live in hermitically sealed bubbles in padded rooms and only drink small cokes and remove all objects that could harm us such as hammers, axes, cars, cigarettes, beer, scissors, etc.

When gun control laws are put in place I have 12 guns, one semi automatic.. and I will NOT give them up freely.

I lived in Europe for 7 years. I can tell you now they have as many problems as we do. We could not go to any nightclub in the 90's, ride a bus, or be in large public gathering places per our embassy because they were being blown up. Yeah, their gun ban works. (saracasm) The people who do this stuff will find another way.

What dont people understand about guns? I use them for sport mainly, going to the range, hunting, etc. My daughter got her first gun (pink even) when she was 5 and was taught to use it and respect it. I have never locked them away. EVER. I have a loaded gun in almost every room of my home. WHY? Because people are crazy. If I am in a hot bubble bath sipping my wine and some jerk comes to my home and breaks in and intends to harm me I have a gun in my bathroom. Paranoid? Maybe. But, the day it saves my life it really wont matter what anyone says about me.

one of the saddest replies i have ever read. a 5 year old kid with a pink gun....my god

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

one of the saddest replies i have ever read. a 5 year old kid with a pink gun....my god

why, does the colour offend you.

I could own a gun and not shoot a precious child dead, what is your issue with people instilling morals into their kids and responsibility?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Credenceskynyrd

Making it pink, makes it like a toy. Whats next a hello kitty gun?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You got a 5 y/o a gun?????

Crazy as a box of frogs.. You American gun freaks are nuts.. You are not instilling anything other than fear and paranoia.. Not to mention a mind to kill..

Morals??..

Wtf???

Nuttier than squirrel poo

edit on 14-12-2012 by EvanB because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

That is indeed terrifying, any amount of possible "accidents" could occur and god forbid blow her face off, she'll never get to see six...

What the hell is up with you people?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

So how is gun ownership helping all those mass shootings you keep having?

How does owning a gun stop people blowing things up?

Sorry but the more armed you get, the more armed the criminal get. You can never win by escalating the problem.

Has no one learned anything from the arms race?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

It is sad that I taught my daughter to use a gun? It is not like I handed her an AK47. It was actually a pink bb gun as her first gun. She is 17 and now has a 9mm , 410 and we got her a 308 last Christmas. She also knows how to use a bow and has her own tree stand. I do not know why you find that sad?

We are country folks. We use guns to hunt for game. We also use them to kill cyotes that invade our farm. We also use them to kill a cow we are going to butcher. Guns are our way of life. We frequent our local gun range as a family.

There is nothing wrong with my parenting. Just because it differs from your style. Please dont judge what you obviously have no clue about.

She is a very responsible kid. I KNOW you will NEVER hear about her shooting up an elementary school or anything else. She doesnt kill for sport. SHe kills game for food. IF the world goes to hell, I am proud to say, you will want someone like her by your side. She is going away to college in the fall and guess what???

She is getting her CCW permit as soon as she turns 18 so she can carry when she moves away to go to college. You know, in case of the idiots who were not raised to respect weapons shows up where she is moving to and decides to kill a few kids. She is not living on campus...guns are not permitted there..unless you are there to kill some innocent kids..

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

That is indeed terrifying, any amount of possible "accidents" could occur and god forbid blow her face off, she'll never get to see six...

What the hell is up with you people?

Education my friend. Teach your child to respect guns and how to use them properly. That way they dont blow their faces off. She has gone to the local gun range since she was 5...she is now 17.

Her first gun was a bb gun. She used it under supervision for a couple of years then moved up to a shotgun when she was about 9 or 10.

She hunts for deer, squirrel, rabbits, and duck with her father and I and has since she was a baby.

Guns are a way of life for us. we own a farm. Guns kill the cow that provides us meat. Guns kill the fox and cyote that try to kill our cows. Guns kill ...but not all people use guns to kill people.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

You can train a child all you like but having a house full of loaded guns is toying with fate. I'd say you've been very very very lucky.

Just a small example..

What if a child's friend or a young relative comes to the house to play, finds the gun and plays with it?

I'll just finish here, I just don't get it

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by k21968

i too live in the country.

and im sorry...but when you speak all i hear is banjo's playing.

the only big hole in your arguement is that......the rest of us aussies, poms, scots etc have been living for years without a gun....and nothing has happened to us.

i see its a losing battle with your mindset so goodbye and stay safe chasing those shadows.

edit on 14-12-2012 by bellagirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

NO need to insult mate.

Banjos? Stereotyping...that is really really low.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

NO need to insult mate.

like i say....the internet was the worse thing for america. before the internet we just all thought of you like the brady bunch.

now....you all just scare the crap out of the rest of the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirl

NO need to insult mate.

like i say....the internet was the worse thing for america. before the internet we just all thought of you like the brady bunch.

now....you all just scare the crap out of the rest of the world.

Wow, intelligent comment. The knee-jerk reactions are not becoming. Today was a tragedy brought on by a disturbed person, disturbed. Like all terrorists, they don't care, and they don't behave rationally. The young man planned this. If you want a weopon that bad you will find it.

Maybe us Americans need to get off our couches and put a stop to a lot of things, and I'm not talking gun control.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

NO need to insult mate.

Very rational response, without any derogatory comeback. I get you. The people in this thread that are crying gun control, obviously don't have the foresight that we do.

Good luck to them, they might not need the luck this decade, but then again, they might!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellagirlone of the saddest replies i have ever read. a 5 year old kid with a pink gun....my god

Not so sad. This one is quite capable of defense against equally armed home intruders, deer eating your crops, loose pitbull dogs, bers frm the hills, coyotes trying to drag off the neighbord toddler, etc. etc. etc.
not everyone lives two stories up in London with a doorman to call a the driver to come around. We are not all as privaledged as you. Please stop thinking that we are some of us live quite close to nature.
www.geekologie.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This thread is really stupid. It sounds like something Limbaugh would say.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Please people CHILL why so much negativity? The people who are wanting this to happen are the elites TPTB and gov. They want nation against nation, people against people that's why they have underground bunkers to hide from the mass civil unrest where the public will be killing each other. We all need to calm down and not talk about killings etc. Yes my heart goes out to the children and their families I wished that there was no weapons at all and everyone would love one another and give hugs. This 2012 has not helped things either and the media and the gov are pushing us to breaking point. We need to fight the gov and the elite not one another. So much bad energy in this world. Please just look into your hearts and let the positive light come through.

Love & Light x

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join