It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons, isn't it time you reliquished your tea?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
The smart people on this website will understand the joke and point of this thread but I suppose I'll have to explain it for the rest of you.

Post extreme example of bad British dental hygiene.
Ignore good examples.
Post extreme example of bad British dental hygiene.
Ignore good examples.

I don't have the patience to go through and fully construct a satirical thread on what we see every time an event like this one happens but I'll make my point clear.

Using singular outliers (and tragedies at that) in order to push an agenda that, historically doesn't work makes you a terrible person. On a website like this one, who so touts intelligence and denial of ignorance we should be able to see how fallacious argumentation and reasoning and emotional appeal only hurt our advancement.

I do apologize to any Brits who may have been offended by the title, this was the quickest analogy I could come up with

edit on 12/14/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I would give up my tea if it stopped someone with a gun killing 20 kids and 6 adults.
2nd.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ever hear of someone going to an elementary school and executing 20 kids with tea?

yeah i haven't either

link   
Obviously the fact that no one has ever killed a person using tea as the actual device may cause a few problems but hey what has any facts got to do with a good witch hunt?

link   
There's nothing you can give up that will keep crazy people from being crazy.

edit: good to see people only see the content and not the purpose.
This thread is about using tragedy to promote agenda.
edit on 12/14/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They might as well give up their tea. They already gave up their weapon rights and are in the process of accepting sharia law. Whatever happened to the English anyway?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This tread is just stupid, sorry but really “tea”, don’t think anyone has ever killed 20 kids with a cup of Tetley

I cant remember the last time I actually had a cup of earl grey

Now if you were to say would you relinquish your Whisky that would be a different matter.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They might as well give up their tea. They already gave up their weapon rights and are in the process of accepting sharia law. Whatever happened to the English anyway?

Your right.. We Americans need our Guns to Fight Tyrants...

Ops too Late. The Tyrants have ALREADY taken over, and NOT ONE SHOT was Fired.
Now, Someone mentioned Tea?
I,ll have a Earl Grey.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

The English…. I think you mean the British and we are not subject to Sharia law nor do we want to live in a society where everyone owns a Gun.

link   

Please that is just BS, the amount of Muslims in the UK is about 5% of the population and how many of them want sharia law?
We gave up our rights to hand guns because of the Dunblane massacre where someone killed 17 people including many many kids.
en.wikipedia.org...

The public was outraged and a petition was made to ban handguns. We the public wanted handguns banned they were not taken away, we did not want them anymore.

link   
I think we should all give up our cars,since some will inevitably kill some people. and obviously we need to get rid of alcohol because some will drive drunk so, no alcohol and no cars because of the alcoholics. And get rid of all cell phones, because all those damn texting people also cause accidents.

And we should just get rid of personal computers, because they have distracted us from life, and made us all depressed which has lead to lots of unhappy families, which has lead to violence of course.

We should also pay more taxes, lots more, because the govt can not manage our every detail in life with the meager amount we pay them now.

I think it would be best just give up all our possessions and let the govt decide what we get day by day. I am not capable of rational decisions that if made wrong might hurt me or those around me. But the govt is, they alway know what's right and will take care of me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by OtherSideOfTheCoin
This tread is just stupid,

You are right, any thread that insists people give something up because of a few bad examples of what happens with said item is a stupid thread.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Please show me some bad examples of tea killing a bunch of kids then I might start to take you seriously.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte Whatever happened to the English anyway?

we're still here.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001.

Source

THIS is what has happened to the British!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Please show me some bad examples of tea killing a bunch of kids then I might start to take you seriously.

You clearly didn't read the thread as I made reference to the (stereotypically) well-known dental hygiene of the British isles. That is why tea needs to be given up, because it causes bad teeth.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mister_Bit

London has become the first region where white British people have become a minority.

Some 45% (3.7 million) of people in the capital described themselves as white British, down from 58% (4.3 million) in 2001.

Source

THIS is what has happened to the British!

We have always accepted people from other cultures for over a thousand years, we are proud of that. We are a mongrel nation and that's what puts the GREAT in Great Briton.
Some of us do not see colour, some of us just see human beings.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

You clearly didn't read the thread as I made reference to the (stereotypically) well-known dental hygiene of the British isles. That is why tea needs to be given up, because it causes bad teeth.

Some dental decay cause by tea verses almost 30 people left dead in a elementary school caused by a gun.

I think I know who needs to relinquish what.

I will give you a hint, its not the tea.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Some dental decay cause by tea verses almost 30 people left dead in a elementary school caused by a gun.

I think I know who needs to relinquish what.

I will give you a hint, its not the tea.

Some? Dental decay?

Bad dentistry wouldn't be a stereotype if it wasn't at one point a rampant problem. Just like "stereotypical" Americans are fat.

Tea has been destroying enamel for far longer than guns have been killing people.

Ban the leaf!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Tea started a revolution where many people died for the rights and freedoms that are being stripped daily.

Know your history!

<<   2  3  4 >>

join