It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britons, isn't it time you reliquished your tea?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Truth can indeed sound a little insulting if you dont like what has been said..

However.. Something indeed terrible has happened.. Its made me sick to the core and mad because of the sheer insanity of US gun culture..

Fair enough.. Not my country.. But my fellow humans were slain by a country dripping with guns and excuses to keep them.. Yes there are crazy people.. But why arm them in the first place? Craziness.. And sad

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanB

Originally posted by eNumbra

Your crutch is killing wee 5 year old kids.. Pfft.. Time to man up and get rid hey?

Someone is clearly still mad about the outcome of that little tiff we had 200+ years ago.

What tiff?... I was not here 200 years ago so could not give a rats ass.. Besides.. My house is older than your country lol and my tooth brush apparantly has more culture on it.. Time to grow up whipper snappers..

Hmm...last time i checked....we had so much culture that it was starting to make the rednecks mad lol.

But i'll leave it at that and fall back on the fact that if someone is robbing me and tries to kill me, i can ACTUALLY shoot back at them and not go to jail for defending my >200 year home.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
They might as well give up their tea. They already gave up their weapon rights and are in the process of accepting sharia law. Whatever happened to the English anyway?

Why do Americans want to spread their culture of gun crime to the rest of the world?

You have more than twice the crime the UK does. Guns do not make crime go down. Only people who want to sell you guns tell you that.

Briton is not giving up their rights to sharia law. But you have to also take into consideration Britons history. We invaded their nations first. For example "we" took over India, other parts of Asia, parts of Africa and the Americas. "We" implemented our law on them first. BY FORCE. Briton is reaping what it sowed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hangedman13

Oh please the US didn't join in until they got rich with all the loans they gave us etc.
Save us? It was a many many countries who joined in and helped fight the fascists you did help but do not go down that road.

Typical of a blimey limey to now dismiss how the US saved all your Euro asses when we had no dog in the fight to begin with. You'd all be sperkenze duetch if it weren't for our fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers. Figures.

link   

Post extreme example of bad British dental hygiene.

Tea is a natural source of non toxic fluoride.
Guess that invalidates the water suppliers excuse of We add fluoride to your water because it is good for your teeth.' not because we want you docile zombies

link   
reply to post by eNumbra

Said nothing of the sort, nor implied it. But hey, if the gloves fit...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
Thats how us Brits do it.

Yes, I get it. Us Americans have small wee-wees and aren't real men.

I think many really missed your point, like it was about tea!

And I guess if you want to psychoanalyse us Americans, you might come up with some fearful people, but mostly a lot of intuitive and frustrated people.

Take a look around, the Powerful have ruined our nation. We can see the writing on the wall and don't want to be unprepared.

You Brits, you are welcome to tolerate till the cows come home.

The children today.....horrific. We do pay a price for freedom.
edit on 14-12-2012 by SunnyDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

You watch too many Hollywood movies pal about WW2.
Do some research and you will know that is was many countrys fighting the nazis not just the Yanks.
I do thank anyone who helped fight the Nazis but do not take sole credit when it was many people around the world.
edit on 14-12-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

reply to post by eNumbra

Yes there are crazy people.. But why arm them in the first place?

You do realize that people who have been declared mentally unfit cannot own a gun right?

Mostly anyway, some of those need to be changed, but the real problem is that crazy people aren't typically found to be crazy until after they do something crazy. Until that time, yes, firearms are easily obtainable. It's a combination of both issues that is a factor in these shootings.

America has already proven that a prohibition on anything isn't going to stop people and the places with strict controls still have some of the worst problems with them so it's not a stretch to assume that a ban is going to fall flat on its face.

I would argue that it's a sanity problem less than a gun problem.
edit on 12/14/2012 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bilk22

Nonsense. Briton saved itself long before the US joined in. You only helped, along with Briton and other nations, to liberate Europe. (Briton was not considered a part of Europe until more recent times, and even then reluctantly)

"We" could have sat back drinking tea, and let them get on with it. But no we felt obligated to help. You lot had to be forced into it, and you made out like bandits too. It's not that long ago Britain paid off the lend-lease.

edit on 12/14/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by SaltireWarrior

Excuse me sir, did you see any of us calling you all cowards? What? Because we want to be able to defend ourselves from Guns, we must be cowards. That seems to be alot of what any non-american keeps saying lately.

So you punched out the guy at the airport? What about those london bombings? Didn't see a whole lot of people rushing to punchout those guys.....

See how that works? Actions can cause equal but opposite reactions.

but no, continue lumping all americans in with the worst examples. Becuase if that works, then you all must be a part of those pedo rings that keep kidnapping all the kids.

Not saying you are, but see how that works?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I drink tea, and my teeth are in excellent condition...(my cousin is a dentist).

Put the guns down, pick up the cuppa.

*SmoKey sips his tea, pinky finger raised*

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Credenceskynyrd
reply to post by eNumbra

I am from the UK, we can lecture nobody (by the same token I suppose the US cannot lecture us)- we abandoned our sovereignty years ago, we don't execute child killers, we have zero plan to deal with mass immigration......sad to see and I hope the US and ourselves can get our houses in order

Thank you sir, that is what we need to see. Star

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior
reply to post by eNumbra

Said nothing of the sort

Other than calling Americans cowards.

Originally posted by SmoKeyHaZe

*SmoKey sips his tea, pinky finger raised*

Stay classy, sir.

Originally posted by SunnyDee

I think many really missed your point, like it was about tea!

This thread is a microcosm of why there's no good satire anymore.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Lynexon

I do, and I apologise for stereotyping you all. As you can imagine, this argu... debate, is more emotionally charged than usual at the moment.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

We gave up our guns because we do not need to hide behind them like little cowardly bitches who pee themselves with fear.. We have headbutts and know how to use them. We man up to each other queensbury style t..

America is full of paranoid cowards it seems.. The excuses I have read on here about this matter smacks of it..

I already gave up tea and any other caffeine based beverage because they became a crutch.. And I dont need one..

Your crutch is killing wee 5 year old kids.. Pfft.. Time to man up and get rid hey?

lmao...here in australia its called "the liverpool kiss"

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by hangedman13

Oh please the US didn't join in until they got rich with all the loans they gave us etc.
Save us? It was a many many countries who joined in and helped fight the fascists you did help but do not go down that road.

Typical of a blimey limey to now dismiss how the US saved all your Euro asses when we had no dog in the fight to begin with. You'd all be sperkenze duetch if it weren't for our fathers, grandfathers and great grandfathers. Figures.

I don't agree with us Brits lecturing the US on their gun laws, that is your business and you have a different history and culture to us, in many ways I wish we had gun ownership freedom like yourselves, but leave the needless WW2 references out, the US joined in not out of altruism but to further your own foreign interests and become the pre eminent empire, fair enough, but let's not dress it up as "charity" for us Brits
edit on 14-12-2012 by Credenceskynyrd because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Get out.

No really, leave.

Americans were just another contributory factor of many in World War 2.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
OK, so it's an analogy for the gun control argument.
But what analogy are you going to use for Americans who are using that argument?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join