It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
reply to post by MrWendal

Your right that comment is out of order, I will remove it. I said it in frustration.

ALS

Yes it really was out of order. It takes a big man to realize that and remove the comment. For that I thank you.

After thinking about this some more, I figured I would try a different spin that you could possibly relate to better. I am sure you can recall the Norway shooting event. Norway has some pretty strict firearm regulations does it not? Yet those regulations did nothing to prevent that massacre.

That is my position. Regulations can not stop a person with an intent to kill and that is something history has shown us as well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior

Originally posted by oper8zhin

reply to post by oper8zhin

Yes because there is bombs exploding here all the time...

You take away guns and you dont think that MADMEN and CRIMINALS wont use another tools such as things that "go boom"? Let me give you a HINT, if someone wants to KILL, they are GONNA KILL whether they have a GUN or NO GUN

GET IT???!!

edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

Thats exactly what i'm saying. Why don't you get this through your thick head. SCOTLAND HAS STRICT GUN CONTROLS AND THERE ARE NO BOMBS.

Thankfully there are many among us who recognize that we're responsible for our own lives and our own happiness.
Our life is the result of choices we've made.
We don't blame others.
I didnt shoot any body leave my Guns alone!!!!!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

You know little about what you are talking about. Didn't I hear the British were trying to ban knives? Oh and isn't there more and more of your police carrying guns? Or maybe just using them? It sure seems that way.

The police will not give up their guns no matter what over here. After all they already have the right to kill anyone they want and walk free by saying "I was afraid for my life." They say that about little old lady's, men without weapons, kids running away from them so they can kill them. So no the police will not give up their guns no matter what.

Actually we would be better off with MORE weapons rather then less, ban the no gun areas instead. Perhaps the British have no faith in their citizens but I do in ours. If everyone was armed there would be very few school shootings. Do you know why? Because the insane and the criminal would be dead or on the endangered species list. The police would start following the law and would no longer have to SAY they were afraid for their lives because they actually would be for a change. If they shot someone down in cold blood I suspect they would not live long enough for the police "bill of rights" to be able to protect them.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Ahhhh I really didn't want to this but your just so arogant.

Now, on the subject of drink driving. As the law stands, if you are convicted of drink driving you are banned from piloting a vehicle for a certain period of time. Statistic show that drink driving fatalities have fallen since this law was introduced (and even more so since the invention of the breathalyser).

So no I wouldn't ban alcohol, although I would if the law wasn't working.

Now, with the subject of gun control. I'm not saying you should ban them completely. But I would defiantly consider tighter restrictions.

Yes, guns will still be available on the black market but it would be a lot harder for someone to get this weapons without anyone clocking on.

And yes there are knife, bats, rolling pins....whatever but these monster use guns because there is a disconnection to the target. It's psychologically easier for them to kill with a rifle.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin

Originally posted by Logos23
Here in the UK in 1996 we witnessed one of the most deplorable acts in our history.....in Dunblane an armed man entered a primary school and shot at an entire class of 5/6 year old's, killing or injuring an entire class except one and also killed their teacher. 16 children and one adult were shot dead....the rest were injured.
He then killed himself.
During the investigation it was discovered that all of his firearms had been legally held.

In the aftermath of this great tragedy there was an amendment made to the firearms act which made private handgun ownership in the UK illegal.

And Americans KNOW WHAT THE DEAL IS!! The deal is that just as they took away YOUR FIREARMS over, is exactly what is being scripted over here. But Americans are NOT going to give them up so easily.

We ALREADY SEEN THE SCRIPT for which the gun-grabbers are playing. We are AWARE OF IT AND NOT GONNA LET THE GAME WIN.

THEY TOOK AWAY OUR GUNS AND GUESS WHAT? NO KIDS HAVE DIED IN A SCHOOL SINCE. THAT TO ME SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD THING.

You support guns? You support the death of these poor innocent children.

And so all of a sudden NOBODY used a KNIVE, or CAR, or AX, or HAMMER, or BROKEN BEER BOTTLE, or something THAT CAN "GO BOOM" to kill someone?? So NOBODY HAS BEEN KILLED AT ALL since then???

BS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And YOU LOSE again.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   

reply to post by Quadrivium

Yes people hunt and are allowed guns to do so. But it is strictly regulated.

ALS

Perhaps you would care to comment on the rest of my post?
Here it is so you do not have to go back to page 4......

ALS,
I was just wondering do people hunt in your country?

I feel for the most part that those that not only own guns but also hunt are the one you have to worry about the least.
I have been around guns all my life and have never considered shooting another person. Yet if my family or I am threatened I will do what needs to be done.
The problem we have in America is there is not enough education. I do believe that if you are going to own a gun you should show that you have the mentality to do so.
When I was in high school you could form a small arsenal from all of the guns in the school parking lot during deer season.
Everyone I knew, including teachers, carried pocket knives and we never had an incidence.
We grew up around guns and knives. We respect them. We know how they work, what they can do and what they were made for.
Nowadays you have many youths that do not know anything about them, they do not respect them as they should. Mom and Dad will get one for protection and keep it locked away. This causes curiosity on the child's part. Sadly that curiosity is all to deadly at times.
If you are going to own a gun you should make sure that your children understand that it is not a toy, that it is a tool and like almost any tool it can be used for good or evil. It depends on who is using it.
Children need to be comfortable around guns, they do not need to view them as something mysterious.
I have three boys. I also have rifles, shotguns and a pistol or two that stay loaded.
Sometimes we go out and shoot skits, cans and other targets. We also hunt.
No the answer is not gun control. It's EDUCATION.
Quad

Perhaps not,
Quad

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Ahhhh I really didn't want to this but your just so arogant.

Now, on the subject of drink driving. As the law stands, if you are convicted of drink driving you are banned from piloting a vehicle for a certain period of time. Statistic show that drink driving fatalities have fallen since this law was introduced (and even more so since the invention of the breathalyser).

So no I wouldn't ban alcohol, although I would if the law wasn't working.

Now, with the subject of gun control. I'm not saying you should ban them completely. But I would defiantly consider tighter restrictions.

Yes, guns will still be available on the black market but it would be a lot harder for someone to get this weapons without anyone clocking on.

And yes there are knife, bats, rolling pins....whatever but these monster use guns because there is a disconnection to the target. It's psychologically easier for them to kill with a rifle.

ALS

You still havent shown ANY INTELLIGENT reason to suggest otherwise that you are not a total HYPOCRITE with this thread.

You will NOT BAN ALCOHOL over in Britain with SO MANY DEATHS resulting from it over there, yet you feel the need to go OUT OF YOUR WAY to STICK YOUR NOSE in American affairs and suggest guns be banned for the SAME thing that ALCOHOL DOES OVER THERE where you live.

You are a HYPOCRITE. End of topic. Have fun, I'm done here with this FAIL of a thread.

edit on 14-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Agreed, you can't stop them all but how many shootings were there before the Norway incident?

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:40 PM
link   
There is a recent thread in another sub-forum (US Madness) on this very topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And here is my take on this:

There are already so many guns on the streets, illegally, that banning guns will primarily only keep law abiding citizens from owning them. When I was younger, I may or may not have once known some people from whom I could get weapons you would not believe, with serial numbers filed off, for very very VERY cheap. Up to and including fully automatic weapons and high-caliber stuff. These people were not asking for registration, or identification. They did not care if you had any felonies, or if you were mentally unstable. They just cared to make their money (and possibly get rid of guns which had already been used to commit other crimes-- this is common for "hot" guns on the street) There are lots of these people out there. Any city large enough to have organized gang activity. Which these days, is just about anything larger than a small town.

When I was a kid I saw a bumper sticker, that I will never forget. What it said was:

"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns.

And there is quite a lot of truth to this.

Also, apparently you've never heard of murder by knife, or sword, or garotte, or bomb, or lead pipe, or VEHICLE, or poison, or....

Maybe if we had a penal system which focused on rehabilitating prisoners and decreasing recidivism rates, instead of focused on arbitrary punishments and making money off locking people up, we would see far less of this stuff. Likewise for a functioning and available health care (including psychological) system. You are just seeing unfortunate side effects of a VERY broken system. Guns have almost nothing to do with this. They are a common tool, that is all.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Really I thought I had?

Good riddance.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium

Yes people hunt and are allowed guns to do so. But it is strictly regulated.

ALS

Perhaps you would care to comment on the rest of my post?
Here it is so you do not have to go back to page 4......

ALS,
I was just wondering do people hunt in your country?

I feel for the most part that those that not only own guns but also hunt are the one you have to worry about the least.
I have been around guns all my life and have never considered shooting another person. Yet if my family or I am threatened I will do what needs to be done.
The problem we have in America is there is not enough education. I do believe that if you are going to own a gun you should show that you have the mentality to do so.
When I was in high school you could form a small arsenal from all of the guns in the school parking lot during deer season.
Everyone I knew, including teachers, carried pocket knives and we never had an incidence.
We grew up around guns and knives. We respect them. We know how they work, what they can do and what they were made for.
Nowadays you have many youths that do not know anything about them, they do not respect them as they should. Mom and Dad will get one for protection and keep it locked away. This causes curiosity on the child's part. Sadly that curiosity is all to deadly at times.
If you are going to own a gun you should make sure that your children understand that it is not a toy, that it is a tool and like almost any tool it can be used for good or evil. It depends on who is using it.
Children need to be comfortable around guns, they do not need to view them as something mysterious.
I have three boys. I also have rifles, shotguns and a pistol or two that stay loaded.
Sometimes we go out and shoot skits, cans and other targets. We also hunt.
No the answer is not gun control. It's EDUCATION.
Quad

Perhaps not,
Quad

My Guns are fully loaded & my 10 year old shoots better than some adults
Thankfully there are many among us who recognize that we're responsible for our own lives and our own happiness.
They can take away all guns & i will allways have one...or two or three

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Agreed, you can't stop them all but how many shootings were there before the Norway incident?

ALS

None that am aware of, but that still did not stop the massacre when a person with the intent to kill committed that act.

That is the point here. You can not stop someone who has that intent no matter how many regulations you have in place.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by madenusa

I agree

I bet you also spent the time to teach your 10 year old gun safety.
This is why I said we do not need more gun control, we need more education.
Quad

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Sorry I missed you post.

I agree with you to an extent. Now that I'm starting to learn how passionate you lot are about your guns, I think education maybe one of your only hopes. Education and respect, being taught how much damage a gun can do to lives.

Maybe the introducing of a test? Like a driving test but for guns. You could sit written exams, medical exams, phyiscal test. Basically anything to limit who can get a gun.

Make it it so that responsible people could own a gun but the nuts can't.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You cannot stop anything. People are people but you can defiantly limit the destruction they can do.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
OK most of the good people turn in their guns and none of the gangbangers, petty criminals, hitmen and criminally insane. Then what?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Even if convinced that law enforcement could protect me and my family (not) and that the concerns of our Founding Fathers were passe and moot (govt tyranny) I still have a right to shoot a gun for "sporting purposes", dont I? I mean wasnt that the criteria for banning certain types of shotguns under President Clinton?

edit on 14-12-2012 by CosmicCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I think it should be mandatory for all able-Americans to be knowledgable and licensed in firearms now.

Personally the fact they are slowly removing that ability is subject to attention.

The government would be the only armed entity at that point.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Sorry I missed you post.

I agree with you to an extent. Now that I'm starting to learn how passionate you lot are about your guns, I think education maybe one of your only hopes. Education and respect, being taught how much damage a gun can do to lives.

Maybe the introducing of a test? Like a driving test but for guns. You could sit written exams, medical exams, phyiscal test. Basically anything to limit who can get a gun.

Make it it so that responsible people could own a gun but the nuts can't.

ALS

That will not help much.
Those that generally go about getting guns the legal way never intend to do anything illegal with them.
If a gun is brought into a house, everyone in the house needs to be educated on the gun.
The problem we have is that these youths get their hands on their parents guns, have never been taught about guns or are left unsupervised while using the gun or guns.
There is also a large problem in this country with the black market. It is pretty easy to get a gun that is not registered to you.
Generally you can pick up the classifieds and find any number of guns. They are registered to others yet for cash you can get them. We could probably change this and it might help a little.
Quad

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do

OP, about this, you are correct.

But the gun grab will be starting soon...

Obama:

"As a country, we have been through this too many times"

"And we're going to have to come together and take meaningful action to prevent more tragedies like this, regardless of the politics".

Kiss the second amendment goodbye. Nice knowing you. The sheep are about to be disarmed.

But not the wolves.
edit on 14-12-2012 by davjan4 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join