It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Remember if you relinquish your weapons so will the police (or most of).

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
They will be taken anyway. I hate to say it since it JUST happened, but a bunch of kids getting shot seems like the perfect opportunity for gun laws since the typical arguments don't apply. What are we going to do, start arming children?

+71 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

I guess everyone should just resort to stabbing each other like they do where your from.

If the shooter used gasoline and a match instead would you ban fuel?

Guns don't kill people do.

We need to put more resources into education and society so we can spot people early that commit these types of crimes not ban guns.

+32 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
We will never give up our weapons. Enough said. You all that think guns kill people are insane. Stupid people kill people. Maybe we should ban knives. Haha. Everyone that is legal to have a weapon should have one. If I was there or anyone with any balls for that matter was there this stupid kid wouldn't have gotten off more than a few shots before he would have gotten a double tap to the hard. And armed nation is a secure nation.

+4 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
They will be taken anyway. I hate to say it since it JUST happened, but a bunch of kids getting shot seems like the perfect opportunity for gun laws since the typical arguments don't apply. What are we going to do, start arming children?

They will have to kill many people if they think taking the guns will be easy. Most of us are prepared to fight till death.

+21 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
You had me at "Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do".

+47 more 
link   

Because countries like Mexico that ban guns are doing so well

Bad people who want guns will always get guns.

link   
why don't they band the use of guns world wide then? armies kill innocent people everyday including children.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Yeah, yeah. A lot of people claim that, but if soldiers and police came knocking, 99% of people would quickly hand their weapons over.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by knowledgedesired

I guess everyone should just resort to stabbing each other like they do where your from.

Knife crime is a massive issue here in England but it is mainly localised to young gang culture. Can you imagine how much worse it would be if we didn't have gun control?

And I agree more work needs to go into finding the social issues of why this terrible crimes are committed.

ALS

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Not to put a damper on this question...

Tomorrow would seem soon enough to start this talk. Today? Go hug your kids, or make sure those in your life who have some can do that...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

This isnt good.....not good at all...

This latest school shooting...is will do to guns what 9/11 did to airline travel...

What a coinsidence the name of the school is "sandy" is this foreshadowing perhaps? There is a bad storm coming...it will only get worse from here on out..

The elite have made their point very clear they will stop at absolutley nothing to get what they want....

Dark times are looming

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   

How disrespectful to those who have lost their lives.

It's easy to be an armchair warrior and even easier to be a fool.

ALS

+11 more 
link   

You know, we also have freedom of speech. If someone says something we don't like, do we get rid of that?

Horrible tragedies like this are a reminder of why freedom is so fragile. People will always abuse the freedoms we have.

But we should never deny freedoms just because a small few abuse them.

My heart goes out to the children and adults that have lost their lives today.

link   
No and No

And NO for good measure

Trust me when I tell you this, making gun illegal in America, will not reduce violent crimes.

P.S. As to the number of school shooting since Columbine, only criminals carry guns in a "Gun Free" school zone...

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:26 PM
link   

I would say that the media needs to stop glorifying these cowards. Each time a new massacre is reported it gives celebrity status to some coward and encourages other deranged individuals to do the same. It is important to get the information out to the public, there is no doubt about that. In the constant coverage and the constant use of the cowards name, they are doing more harm than good. Do not mention his name, do not make him a celebrity. Banning guns will do no good in this issue. Guns are already banned from schools by federal law. The law did not stop the massacre. In China a person went on a rampage with a knife, are knives banned at schools there? The man who attacked those innocent children would have done so with or without a gun. From what I understand his own mother was a victim. This is a sad day in America, but instead of using it as a platform to argue about our Constitutional Rights, lets focus on what is really important and offer prayers for the families that are suffering right now. My heart goes out to them. May God comfort them in their time of need.

link   
the only arguement they have is guns dont kill people,stupid people with guns kill
i would rather take my chances against a dumb unarmed person
compared to a dumb guy armed to the teeth with automatic weapons that any army would be proud to have

+18 more 
link   
No, it isn't. In Beslan in 2004 over 300 were killed at a school. It is illegal to have guns there, it didn't change anything. Crazy murderous people are crazy and murderous. Let's say you somehow manage to make it impossible to get guns (just not being legal isn't enough - look at illegal drugs, for instance) then there would be homemade bombs, or cars, or knives or whatever else.

But hey way to exploit a tragedy to try and make a point.

link   

Yeah you are right stupid people with guns kill people, but the US has more mass shootings and shootings full stop than any developed country in the world. Your right to bear arms comes at a cost, too many innocents and their families know this all too well. I much prefer to live in a country where I know it is illegal to bear arms, I'll take my chances with a knife over a gun any day of the week.

link   
reply to post by Swills

Mexico do not have the same robust social system as America.

Hell, half their police are controlled by Columbian drug cartels.

ALS

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join