It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by cosmicexplorer
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

210 deaths? You know how many die from drunk driving alone? I wanna say its in the realm of 20k a year in the US...Lets ban alcohol first then.....

Half the time this crap happens is cause they have parents that are abusing drugs or alcohol anyway....so we will see a trickle down effect if we ban alcohol.

Don't get me wrong I love my beer...but it has destroyed people in ways we can't imagine.
Good point!
Add tobacco and you have two luxury items that have very little beneficial effect and are not necessary for health.
Good luck trying to ban either of those items though!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
reply to post by wrksstudios

Yeah, yeah. A lot of people claim that, but if soldiers and police came knocking, 99% of people would quickly hand their weapons over.

Isn't it ironic that the two actors you mention, both come bearing arms?

It is a scenario that can only be mused over, not acted upon. Rahm can keep dreaming all he likes.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Thats absolutely assinine. The criminals will always have a way to get guns...and as long as criminals have them....so will I.

Should we ban planes because of 911? Cars because drunk drivers use them to kill people?

Ridiculous. Absolutely.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
I am going to try very hard not to be rude, but would the OP or anyone else on this thread who thinks gun control will solve our problems, please tell me exactly how these evil guns got up and forced this mentally ill shooter to take this heinous action. Then tell me EXACTLY how NOT having guns will cure his insanity. Or change our social problems, or identify threats or ANYTHING else beneficial. Do you, or anyone else advocating gun control understand the meaning of the word "criminal"? If so, share it cuz I missed the part that says guns cause criminal behavior. Can u tell me EXACTLY how u can prevent a determined person from using the basic and simple technology readily available to make a gun from scratch? I can make one and so can a lot of other people and some of them are crazy. Your inability to offer viable solutions to the REAL problems of mental illness, overmedication for every little thing and socio-economic injustice in preference to the old song and dance of getting the guns away marginalises your position like a man bringing a knife to a gunfight. Are u as outraged over the mass knifings at an elementary school in Beijing, or the slaughter of half a million Tutsi tribesmen(women and children included) where NOT ONE shot was fired. Will u now call for the total control and/or ban of all cutting weapons? If not, why? Is it acceptable to u that murder is committed as long as that murder is not by gunfire? Will u bury the victim(s) and say on their tombstone "Thank God he was not murdered with a gun". Does that make the victim less dead?
Homicide by firearm is the 10th leading cause of death in America, right after #9, non firearm homicides. Should we not be looking at #9 and banning all those murder weapons? If not, why not?
Violence against each other was, is and will ever remain a PEOPLE problem. Until we address those issues and stop pursuing the red herring of gun control, the reasons for violent homicide will NEVER be resolved and the violence and slaughter will go on.
U can pursue change and an end to the violence with your head held high, or you can give violence tacit approval by keeping your head stuck somewhere else (and I am not referring to the sand) while the real causes remain unaddressed.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Remember if you relinquish your weapons so will the police (or most of).

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Your logic is really flawed.....
In fact the british police are carrying far more guns than they did when guns were legal; in england
Theres always some british people who come here and spout their idiocy when these events get orchestrated by those in power.....
Open yer eyes! This is a set up by deep cover agents for the very purpose of disarming Amerians.....
You are a sucker for your own countrys propaganda....
Britaish people are the most spied on people in the world.
Your goverment is a farce and your reasoning is warped.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Also to add one more thing....Id be willing to let them try gun control on one condition...if massive shootings still happen.....then they lift the gun control sanctions they put in the first place....that sounds fair to me.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Everytime this happens the star and flag whores come out to play.....
I will bet the op is a teenage brit with a yen for trolling up some stars and flags.....
Thats what really sickens me.
Mind yer own totalitarian existance...you are being watched 24/7 everywhere you go....
Your police have way more guns now than when they were totally legal in britain.....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   

The nation averages 87 gun deaths each day as a function of gun violence, with an average of 183 injured, according to the University of Chicago Crime Lab and the Centers for Disease Control.
Daily beast

I'm not sure if those statistcs are true but that's a lot in my opinion. Way i see it the US has to either get their guns under some kind of control or just get used to lots of people dying and getting injured.

The argument that the US needs guns to stop a totalitarian style government is invalid in my opinion. Your Government has printed over a trillion dollars to give to private businesses while you all watched helplessly. You have drones flying over you, face and number plate recognition. You're all being robbed and you do nothing about it with all these guns.

Would you, as a gun owner, consider tighter gun restrictions or a ban if it was your child that was shot, or your mother, your wife/husband ? or would you accept that they paid the price, justly, for your right to bear arms.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
This use of such horrible events as occurred yesterday are just about sickening people... These were children. Not some sort of political handball to be used in a sick political game.

If discuss gun control is the point, don't use innocents who aren't even decently buried yet to attempt to make whatever point it is you're attempting to make.

It's ghoulish. It's disgusting.

How about y'all give it a *bleeping* rest for a few days? Allow the families to grieve in peace without a bunch of carrion crows cawing over them...

Or is that too much to ask?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

To say that the British police carry way more firearms than they ever did when guns were legal is not a very strong point in an argument when only just over 6000 of the police force are trained and authorised to use guns. And this doesn't mean that there are 6000 police officers at any one time walking around the streets with firearms...that is just the figure that is trained and authorised to do so.....most of those permitted to use guns are used only as a "response" team to individual situations.
Also consider things in more recent times like the threat of terrorism etc...of course it's acceptable that the already VERY small percentage of armed officers may have increased slightly......I'm failing to see how the argument you make in it's context holds any weight?

Just to state that in all my 41 years of existence I have only ever witnessed a police officer who was armed ONCE...and that was outside the Houses of Parliament in London.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by RobinB022
reply to post by Snoopy1978

What are the chances a home invasion will EVER occur?

A lot higher if the criminals know we are unarmed.

What does it matter, if you’re not prepared you will be just another statistic, anyway there are 8000+ reported home invasions each and every day across North America; with the odds being about 1 in 5 homes

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We all worship our own gods - for some it's money, others sex or drugs, tv, fast cars, family, morality, ego, there's lots of gods. Arguing to the pro gun lobby is like telling the Pope to convert to Islam. There can be no debate.
edit on 15-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo fix

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
So I have been looking and looking on google for proof of this " 60 mass shootings in the US since columbine' . In fact if you type 60 mass shootings into google, it auto prompts you to look at ' since columbine', so obviously this is a term that goes together frequently. Problem is the most extensive list I can find shows 24 or 25 shootings. YES 25 mass shootings is horrible and I won't belittle that in any way. Also interesting to note that some mass shootings are 3 or 4 people and YES that is horrible . It just makes me wonder what constitutes a ' mass' shooting. But it's curious where the number 60 came from and now it's been repeated as gospel and yet I can't find a list anywhere of 60 incidents within the US. To the OP, you've been hoodwinked.

Also interesting to note on the same day a man went berserk in China and attacked over 20 children with a KNIFE !
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I know this has been brought up on this thread already...but it is interesting.
What is your advice to the Chinese about how to prevent that ?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
In a word. No. Sorry for the one liner mods. But one line answers the mans question.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spock51

I am going to try very hard not to be rude, but would the OP or anyone else on this thread who thinks gun control will solve our problems, please tell me exactly how these evil guns got up and forced this mentally ill shooter to take this heinous action. Then tell me EXACTLY how NOT having guns will cure his insanity.

How in heaven's name do you equate gun legislation with curing insanity?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Quadrivium
reply to post by madenusa

I agree

I bet you also spent the time to teach your 10 year old gun safety.
This is why I said we do not need more gun control, we need more education.
Quad

We need more education. not a Xbox, but a real gun live ammo, real reality not virtual or the matrix....

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:32 AM
link   
you are right guns don't kill people do. but the problem is with Americans is that you are all trigger happy.you need to have tighter gun regulations.it works fine here in Britain do there and stop thinking every flaming household needs one cause u don't.

edit on 22/09/2011 by jademegjosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Guns don't kill people.

This thread is very stupid. If you feel otherwise, try to think why is that.

People demanding more control, they are afraid of themselves.

GET A GRIP.

-.-

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
[
so. it has started. you insensative bloody pom. you should be ashamed of yourself. shutup and let the yanks grieve, bury their dead and grieve some more. then let them sort out the fall out. they dont need an uninformed pom who would appear to have not studied english american or australian history to come the, we are better than you bs cause we dont have guns. what poppycock. also seems you are very uninformed concerning the amount of gun deaths in london each year. or, maybe you were paid to start your thread. so, i say again, bugga off and let them grieve. to my american cousins and to all americans, i greive too. with wetter eyes than your potus and a very heavy heart i indeed grieve with you

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think it's time some tech savy folks got together to invent an affordable weapon detection system for world wide schools.

Banning weapons isn't the answer... You might as well try to ban the will to use them... I think only God has the corner on that technology...

* looks both ways *
edit on 15-12-2012 by Khurzon because: =]

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join