It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
To give up our guns which has kept us at least mostly free is rediculous. The right to bear arms protects us from a tyrannical government. Of which, we now have, which is why, they want our guns. These shootings have to do with our government. Maybe our government run doctors should stop putting these people on pyschotic drugs. It is created by design, just like everything else. Our government is our enemy, and they are coming for our guns.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by michelle555
To give up our guns which has kept us at least mostly free is rediculous. The right to bear arms protects us from a tyrannical government. Of which, we now have,

Exactly! Now why aren't millions of gun owners storming DC now?
edit on 14-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellbjorn012

Exactly! Now why aren't millions of gun owners storming DC now?
edit on 14-12-2012 by hellbjorn012 because: (no reason given)

Most people can't be bothered with anything but their TV screen. Television Programming indeed.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
This is the same type of thinking that lead people to give the government more power then it should have.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Everytime they ban guns, a massacre of the people follows. All I have to say!!!!!
edit on 14-12-2012
edit on 14-12-2012 by georgiaboy because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by georgiaboy

Everytime they ban guns, a massacre of the people follows. All I have to say!!!!!
edit on 14-12-2012

Hate to disagree but I haven't seen or heard about a massacre in Australia yet. Ofcourse they could just be waiting for America to fall. I'm wondering whatthey are going to do about Switzerland. Not as big as the U.S. but from what I understand they are just as well armed. extra DIV

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Wow, all I really read was blah, blah, blah, blah-blah, blah, blah, blah, blah-blah-blah. Oh I'm sorry did the OP write something meaningful?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedmoonMWC

Originally posted by georgiaboy

edit on 14-12-2012

Hate to disagree but I haven't seen or heard about a massacre in Australia yet.

Try using Google, took me 10 seconds. extra DIV

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

The short answer to your question is no. If we should ever have to rise up against our government when it abuses its powers and becomes not a limited government, but an unlimited one, then we are going to need every weapon we have to throw out those in power in order to re-establish what our founding fathers envisioned. I think it is great that it works in your country... good for you. But if we relinquish this right then we are a lot more screwed than we are today.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by anton74

Other than historical Massacres of the Aboriginal peoples, I'm talking about since they banned certain guns in 1996 and added restrictions in 2002. I hear it isn't working out so well.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
What we need to do is ban school! We should boycott all government schools.

If this guy didn't use a gun it could of been anything else he wanted to grab. He could of ran kids over in the street or something. Its not the guns you foolish poster.

This government is now actively targeting children up to age 15 in the middle east and you want to ban guns??

Ban government school.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

I think the shooter used the gun for effect. He wanted attention. A bomb would have been more destructive and lets face it, a paralyzed monkey could build a bomb.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by EarthlingSpelunker

Give up your weapons and you might as well surrender your life to the kings... It was put in the constitution for a reason...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Where I live we have grizzly bears, mountain lions, black bears, wolves, and so on, and by that I mean, sometimes right outside our front doors (so far only moose in my yard but is just me.... if you want pictures of bears in our houses, mountain lions in our yards, and wolves wandering the neighborhood, you need only look in our newspaper archives). I have no intention of giving up my guns.

I have no intention of killing any person. If I did, and I didn't have guns, I might use.... a sword, a spear, a knife, a chainsaw, an axe....... I might not kill as many people so quickly as someone with a lot of bullets and guns, but I could still kill, still cause terror, still act crazy.

I still believe that government should be of the people, by the people, and for the people, and lately I see the government acting paranoid. To me.... this means they just might be hiding things. The government should not fear the populace unless the government is no longer for the populace.

Should Orwellian matters continue, as the increasingly videoed British should be well aware of....... I personally would like the chance to fight back against an unjust government that gets out of control. Perhaps you can stage a sit in with tea in lieu of fighting back. America threw off its shackles thanks to its determination AND armed citizenry. THIS is why we have kept the right to bear arms. Sometimes words are not enough on their own, even over a civilized cup of tea.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
We will never give up our weapons. Enough said. You all that think guns kill people are insane. Stupid people kill people. Maybe we should ban knives. Haha. Everyone that is legal to have a weapon should have one. If I was there or anyone with any balls for that matter was there this stupid kid wouldn't have gotten off more than a few shots before he would have gotten a double tap to the hard. And armed nation is a secure nation.

I'm assuming that you have been in the military, or possibly a police officer? Been to war and had have people shooting at you with the intent to kill you? Because of what you are saying is that you would have easily disarmed or killed this said person will he was shooting randomly? If you have not been in the armed forces or a cop, what exactly do you know about these types of situations? I hear alot of talk about how others would have done things if they where there. But alot of these people do not understand how things change when bullets are flying by your head, even if small children are dying within your sight. I live in America, served my country and have done three tours with the Rangers in the middle east, and i strongly believe that America is ignorant and very self centered. Instead of grieving and praising the GOD that you may or may not believe in, we have people talk about what they would have done to stop it without ever knowing what is like to be actually fired upon. And to make just one more statement, if the United States military ever do come to take our weapons and we choose to fight back, not to many people have ever witnessed a fire squad enter a house by force with the authority to kill any that appose. There will not be much of a fight, they have the equipment for a forced entry, we don't have the equipment to stop them.

Much love
RangerClark29.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
No way, kids die all the time in different countries. Just because it happens in the United States it's a reason to lose a fundamental right? The military kills plenty of children, women, and sometimes even puppies. Nobody even cares. Nobody bans alcohol and I bet it's killed more children than any other weapon directly or indirectly.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

The massacre is usually at the hand of a government. Give the government long enough, and you'll be eating those words. Besides I here crime is on the rise in Australia, after the ban.
www.ncpa.org...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   

People kill people. Not Guns. Simple as that.

If i wanted, i could go up to anyone and stab them to death with a sturdy spoon. Should we also consider spoon control?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Ummm...you do realize that most shootings (somewhere near 90%) of this nature are perpetrated with illegally acquired weapons....right? Taking firearms away from lawful owners would only leave them defenseless in the event that the system really does collapse (which it will, I kid you not). It just doesn't make sense to take guns away from licensed, registered firearms owners when more than 10 times that amount are unlawful, unlicensed firearms, that the State Department and the ATF have possibly put on the market themselves in order to bolster the anti-second amendment diatribe that they've really been pushing since all of these shootings started happening. Just think about it: Say someone's breaking into your house. If you call the cops right away, do you honestly think they'll arrive in time to save your a s? I doubt it very much. The one thing that cops are very good at is arriving too late. They are not there to protect you, they are only there to protect corporate interests and to garner income for the state through tickets. Sure, there are some cops that care, but what can they do when the ones that they take orders from really do not. For example, one time my house was being broken into, and my mother called the cops pretty much right away. It took the cops almost an hour to get there (and the precinct was just a half a click up the street). Me and my father were forced to take on 3 burglars with crowbars with our bare hands because the cops couldn't be bothered to help us. If we had had a 12 gauge in the house, however, I guarantee you that those robbers would have heard that distinctive (CLICK-CLICK) and immedietly ran in the other direction. The point is: the cops will not save you, you have to do that yourself and you never bring a knife to a gun fight.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join