It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

We will never think about gun control.

We have had one revolution and are planning the next one.

As soon as we get enough people together we are going to overthrow the government.

Elections are rigged and so this is the only way we can take our country back.

I hope a lot of you like slave masters, and picking tobacco cause we are returning to those glorious days of old.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Painterz
This is exactly the problem, if people are prepared to say they need to keep their guns BECAUSE HITLER! then they clearly value their guns more than the lives of children. And there is no debate to be had there.

So do you value the lives of children more then you value freedom?

Thats peculiar

you would sooner your children be alive then your children being slaves

hmmm....that IS peculiar

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Britain this Britain that, I don't care what you do in Britain. Yesterdays incident was tragic beyond comprehension and now is not the right time for people, like you, to be pushing agendas. You want to know what a situation like this proves? It proves evil has no boundaries!! Whether it is a plane being flown into our towers, a terrorist with a vest made of explosives, a mentally incapable nut job with a firearm, or some pyro with a tank of gasoline and some matches. Evil happens it happens everywhere and it happens everyday!

History has proven there will always be evil. In America, good men and women have the ability to exercise their right to defend themselves and those closest to them. If the gov't takes away that ability, you will not see a decline of anarchy and murder you will see it run rampant while good men and women have no ability to insure their safety.

There are two main groups of focus after a tragic event like this, those who want to implement more and more restrictions thinking they will save humanity and those that realize that there was no cavalry sitting there waiting to slap handcuffs on the bad guy and it is up to us to protect ourselves. Superman doesn't exist, Batman doesn't exist, but good men and women are only a few steps away.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

As soon as we get enough people together we are going to overthrow the government.

I hope a lot of you like slave masters, and picking tobacco cause we are returning to those glorious days of old.

Planning another revolution? Getting people together?? What a crock of...so what are you actively doing to 'take back your country'? Are you out on the street campaigning against the government and asking people to join the cause, or are you purely spouting words that sound impressive but will never amount to anything?

As for not relinquishing your weapons...I agree with an earlier poster. 99% of it is talk, if the police came knocking and asked for your weapons you'd begrudgingly hand them over and then come here to complain about it.

I don't understand how anyone who owns a gun in America wouldn't give it up in exchange for lowering the rate at which these horrendous atrocities are occurring. Also, look at China yesterday...due to their strict gun laws the guy managed to attack 22 children and a grand total of zero were killed. Why? Because he had to use a knife...had the rules on guns been relaxed we could have been looking at double the number of innocent children losing their lives yesterday.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
this is definitely just a ploy to take our guns away for no other reason than fear of us actually one day realizing we actually do still have "the power" to take our nation back because taking our guns away will most definitely NOT stop criminals from having them.. i am a law abiding citizen and i can buy an illegal fire arm of any caliber i can imagine in less than 5 minutes, can you imagine what criminals have access to? all these killings are atrocities to be sure but i can't help feeling insidious people are behind them in some way it just feels like they're beyond coincidence. these people in the shadows are out of whack because life is resembling movies and television far to much and it's blatant beyond belief, when are we going to wake up? can we really be this stupid to not see what's right in front of our faces? it used to be tv but now "they" have an awesome, far better tool to turn us into zombies and it's the internet! OMG i am so mad.. instead of doing something about it i'm going to be the first to post about it on the internet!!! man, we suck as humans.
i will never "Relinquish" my weapons, protecting my family is number one priority.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

There have also been countless wars since the dawn of time and I don´t see anyone asking for the worlds armies to be disbanded.....

edit on 15-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

And the award for silly comment of the thread goes too.......zedVSzardoz. Congratulation.

People have been calling for armies to be disbanded since the begin of civilisation. It's called peace.

I'm sorry for being condisending but you sarcasm called for it.

ALS
edit on 15-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SerialVelocity

Originally posted by newcovenant

Planning another revolution? Getting people together?? What a crock of...so what are you actively doing to 'take back your country'? Are you out on the street campaigning against the government and asking people to join the cause, or are you purely spouting words that sound impressive but will never amount to anything?

As for not relinquishing your weapons...I agree with an earlier poster. 99% of it is talk, if the police came knocking and asked for your weapons you'd begrudgingly hand them over and then come here to complain about it.

I don't understand how anyone who owns a gun in America wouldn't give it up in exchange for lowering the rate at which these horrendous atrocities are occurring. Also, look at China yesterday...due to their strict gun laws the guy managed to attack 22 children and a grand total of zero were killed. Why? Because he had to use a knife...had the rules on guns been relaxed we could have been looking at double the number of innocent children losing their lives yesterday.

yet no one seems to focus on the true problem.... why do people commit such acts of violence.

In china the price for gun control is an oppressive government. thanks but no thanks I will take my chances being shot by a lone crazed gun man who is a dickless spinless coward.

There is a better chance your children will die in a car accident than be shot by a gunman yet people completely ignore that.

All you will do with gunlaws is give more leverage to government and criminals.. it will do nothing to curb maniacs who willl go out and try to cause harm.

The china incident did not seemed planned. The attacks that occur here are planned. meaning if they have no guns they will find creative ways to cause just as much damage. many of these attacks are planned for a very long time. They will find a way to bring attention to themselves. they will use explosives or poison or some other creative manner to cause destruction. then we cry to ban more things instead of accepting that you cannot insure saftey EVER.

I understand gang related shootings, I understand drunk related shootings, i understand killings sometimes around monetary gain or jealous rage, I even understand single person suicide... but these people are sick and if you think you can fix these sick people by banning guns you are very mistaken.

These people want attention, if you make ti harder they will work harder to become creative in killing to have the same effect or worse just to show that you cannot stop them.

You know what would had stopped that gun man?? teacher or principal who were carrying and knew how to shoot a gun.

lets say we do ban guns that does nothing to address the sick individuals out there. Like i have said all a ban does is make more targets and increase the power of a fire arm because it will be MORE powerful in the hands of a criminal who can get a hold of one. And if they cannot get one they can just make explosives, poisons.. there is more than one way to kill multiple people.

But as usual the acts of a few are used to punish all of those who are responsible and law abiding. There are millions of people with guns who do not do retarded things like this, yet people want to punish all of these people.

Ideally there should be no guns, but we do not live in an ideal world, we live in reality and it just does not work that way.

I personally do not own a gun. I grew up in neighborhood where drive bys were common and people got shot in gang related fights. I only used my fists and learned to fight when I had to deal with those low lifes.

I since then have moved myself out of such an environment and instead of owning a gun I try to avoid being in an environment or situation where I can run into people who would pull a gun on me or my family.

Except there is a chance that one day I will not be able to keep myself and my family out of a bad environment.. at that time I would like to have the ability to defend myself and not rely on police who will be over worked because they need to protect a huge unarmed population.
edit on 15-12-2012 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

but the same "big deal" could be said of Europe with its austerity measures that strip workers rights and reduce social welfare from an American point of view. We do just fine without them as you do just fine without small arms. Both high social welfare and workers rights have benefits and downfalls, as does private weapon ownership.

I guess from a European point of view you do just fine without small arms. We don't understand you guys since we did not achieve the level of workersrights and social protection as you did, so we don't see what the big deal is if your governments strip your workers rights and social welfare to an American level. The same way you don't understand how we see the raping of our constitution as a sacrilege. Everything your grandparents and parents fought for is being taken away and we see it as normal since you will be like us. Everything our forefathers fought for is being taken away and you see it as normal since we will be like you.

The problem is that we are different and we each hold certain things to be important and sacred to our social identity.

In the US, for the first time in world history, the people retained a level of authority on the use of force, and broke the monopoly on the use of force that Official Authority held. That to us is VERY important, since we earned that right in our revolution and our founding fathers deemed it important enough to inscribe in our highest law, our constitution.

You could say that all the social struggle Europe went through to achieve the level of workers' rights and social welfare was their own social revolution that made those achievements sacred to your people. We don't see what the big deal is if you lose them and might call you lazy and cry babies. You might say you don't see what the big deal is if our constitution is changed and we lose our right to the use of force and so call us barbaric and ludicrous.

We both have our reasons. We have to respect house rules on this one.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin

We cannot give up the right to bear arms. "Cause you know what's next? Free speech. That's how tyrannies operate. First one right, then another, and another. To keep us safe, you know. Because nannie gov't knows best. We are but stupid children who must be controlled. A few of the children have been bad. So it's time to cancel recess for everyone.

It's all for the best you see, to keep you safe.

We'll tighten the fence a little more each year.

Until your sheep pen is just the right size.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   

now dont get me wrong i love british entertainment but some times you guys need to shut the fill in the rest in your head! this was a tragedy for sure but look were britain is now you guys dont have the right to bear arms lets see how well that works for you
1 if you go on a long vacation you got to worry asome turds will move into your house and squat and if they do you get no help from cops and you have to spend months trying to get back your property.
in america we call cops and they come with guns and arrest the squatters
2 yes you have less gun violence than we do but when you do have gun violence you got to wait longer for help because only special police units are allowed to bear arms in my county in us if i call the police and say a crazy person is outside bransdishing a fire arm within 15 minutes i can expect 10 deputies asrmed with hand guns and shotguns rolling up trust me i have seen it first hand.
you all also have a much much higher rate of knife violence , sword violence and club violence than america does
3 if an invading army was to roll up on our shores we have the means to defend ourselves wher as you all if i remember right had to beg our help to keep hitler from gobbling you up like france and poland.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SerialVelocity

Lest anyone be silly enough to mistake my extreme sarcasm for seriousness - I included the picking tobacco and slave master part. Do you think anyone here is going to admit in public they want slaves to pick their tobacco? And you would entertain that person on a forum? Are you for real? Not the sharpest tac in the box but at least your priorities are in order.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

Originally posted by zedVSzardoz

There have also been countless wars since the dawn of time and I don´t see anyone asking for the worlds armies to be disbanded.....

And the award for silly comment of the thread goes too.......zedVSzardoz. Congratulation.

People have been calling for armies to be disbanded since the begin of civilisation. It's called peace.

I'm sorry for being condisending but you sarcasm called for it.

ALS
edit on 15-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

The award for silly comment goes to YOU!

Who doesn't seem to know when they are being punked.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Who doesn't seem to know when they are being punked.

Very good! Star!

I like the Christmas Cuban Treefrog too!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

In answer to your question,regarding civilians stopping-or helping to stop a massacre,I present this quote

Approximately 20 minutes after he had first fired from the observation deck, Whitman began to encounter return fire from both the authorities and armed civilians who had converged with personal firearms to assist police

The link from wiki is here
en.wikipedia.org...
The event was the Tower shooting in Austin ,TX in 1966.

Sadly the shooter killed 13 people and wounded many more before he was stopped. The bad guys,with premeditation,get the drop on the innocents. And as I stated in my first post-this shooter was mentally ill.

and..Ramiro Martinez, an officer who participated in stopping Whitman's rampage, later stated that civilian shooters should also be credited for their actions as the return fire Whitman encountered made it difficult for him to take careful aim at those whom he fired upon

In my first ever post a few pages back,I asked a question.No one was willing to answer it.So allow me to ask again.
How would the USA get rid of over 290 million firearms owned by private citizens?
and allow me to ask these also...
How would you guarantee that no criminal has access to firearms?
With economic shortfalls and a reduction in police numbers in some cities, what should the average(majority) of civilians do?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
They will be taken anyway. I hate to say it since it JUST happened, but a bunch of kids getting shot seems like the perfect opportunity for gun laws since the typical arguments don't apply. What are we going to do, start arming children?

Arming older, well trained, mature, responsible children

would have prevented probably most of the school shootings.

The . . . uninformed . . . illogical . . . silly notion . . .

that gun control would protect anyone boggles my mind.

The devious, clever, criminal, etc. would still be able to get guns.

If nothing else, the globalist oligarchy setting such things up would deliver the guns to their brain washed/brain controlled stooges by UPS.

Sigh.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Yes, it is.

No law abiding citizen will possess a fire arm.

The gangs and other criminals will start large crime sprees with their fire arms and within a few months people will be pleading to own guns once again.

Look at the few shootings taking place in Chicago.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Allow me to answer your question in this brief, yet respectful manner:

No. It isn't time we relinquished our weapons. We need them to protect us from people whom wish us harm; Just because of a few bad apples doesn't mean everyone should be punished because of their actions.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Since each of these school shootings were comitted by people with mental issues I propose....

We ban people with mental issues! Lock their A$$es up!
They can't seem to remember to take their meds.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I am extremely Liberal, and very proud of that fact. I don't shy away from the label at all. I'm about as "Left" as you can get without spinning around in a circle.

That being said, I grew up in the Midwest in a smaller community and I was raised around guns. My grandfather owned them, my father owned them, and I was firing weapons before I could even hold them by myself. I was taught gun safety at a very early age. I was taught how to hunt as a boy. I went with my friends and shot at targets for fun. I have shot and killed animals while hunting as a youth.

At 19, I became a vegetarian because I no longer believed in killing animals for sport or for any other reason. My long-time hunting friends didn't understand it, but they respected me. I was a vegetarian for 23 years, and I eventually altered my diet for health reasons, but philosophically, I still hold to my beliefs.

All that being said, guess what?
Guns do not kill people. The problem is psychopaths, or sociopaths - choose the terminology you like best.
I've never had a desire to shoot anyone. One of my closest friends back East is a gun collector, as was his father, and they have never shot anyone, or even thought of such a thing.

The problem lies with mentally ill people who want to kill. If guns were banned, they would use a knife, a baseball bat, a bomb, poison or their own hands. People who are truly intent on murdering will find a way to do so. People who are truly intent on committing suicide will find a way to do so. Criminals and mentally ill people will not surrender their weapons. If citizens give up their weapons, then they give up their Constitutional Right to protect themselves against said criminals and sociopaths.

Now, with THAT being said,
Should everyone be packing heat? NO.
Can the gun lobbyists go too far at times? YES.
Is MODERATION in ALL things good? YES.
What happened to common sense and moderation, folks?

If all teachers were armed, then eventually one of them would snap and kill some children, and then what?
If the people in the theatre in Aurora had all been armed, then many people would have been killed in the crossfire, and then what?
On and on and on....

I'm not claiming to have an answer. We as citizens should find reasonable, compromised solutions to these issues together.

But I do agree with the first sentence of the OP; You're not from America, and although you're entitled to your opinions to be sure, it's NOT your place to say. You only know what you've been told. You have no direct experience with the safe operation and responsible ownership of firearms ( I assume, unless you're ex-military ), and you haven't been raised with any such Right as the Second Amendment such as we have. Guns are not part of your culture. From what I understand, the Brits just kill people with all of the other methods available to them.

Do we need more ( reasonably priced ) mental health services available? Absolutely.
Do we need reasonable compromise on gun safety and licensing? Yes.
Do Americans need their guns taken away from them? OH HELL NO.
edit on 15-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-12-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Also do a Google on school killings in China.

They had mass slashing yesterday, 22 I think.

Lets ban knives worldwide!

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join