It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Since the UK rank's 6th in the world for rape, I think it is time you castrate all men your country to contol rape.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

26.4% of your population are crime victims in the United State it is 21.2%. You do not have a leg to stand on.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by RangerClark29

we must insure it never reaches that point. If they are seizing arms down the street, you use a pre-arranged location to cache your arms. When they think the area is clear, time to go asymetrical on em.
Oh, and I have been in the millitary, I have been under fire, and I do head shots a fifty meters ( One of my jobs was combat handgun instrution). If one teacher had a fraction of the training, at a bare minimum, he would have bought the kids and other teachers some time. Slowed the shooter down a tad.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Why don't we all just put our guns in our mouths and pull the trigger? The end result would be the same, just a whole lot quicker and more merciful.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by xszawe

none have had auto weapons.....you do not have a clue what that means do you? Auto weapons are not legal to own without federal permits...

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   

"Relinquish our weapons."? Thats a very vague statement. Anything can be used as a weapon. Of course, we all know what you mean to say when you say "weapons", so lets not be cute about this. I do not and will never believe that attempting to legislate human behavior is ever the answer. When a strong-arm attempt at a gun grab happens in America, it will not stop there. Where in the course of events during this post-9/11 world would make you think it would stop there? You would see a frighteningly fast and ferocious attempt to further subjugate U.S citizens following this action, I wholeheartedly believe this. If I had the means to, I would be reasonably armed myself, but alas, I don't. Im not exactly rolling in the green paper. However, I retain the basic human right to defend myself with any other means necessary, regardless if i own a gun or not, because thats really what it is all about and always has been about: protection. It cannot be stressed enough that you can't bring law to the lawless or the deranged. You can only make it so that responsible citizens can even the odds in case the need should ever occur.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Remember if you relinquish your weapons so will the police (or most of).

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

I agree, states like New Hampshire with lots of gun owners have proven that many gun owners will equal lots of gun crime. STOP THE MADNESS.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by hequick
reply to post by RangerClark29

we must insure it never reaches that point. If they are seizing arms down the street, you use a pre-arranged location to cache your arms. When they think the area is clear, time to go asymetrical on em.
Oh, and I have been in the millitary, I have been under fire, and I do head shots a fifty meters ( One of my jobs was combat handgun instrution). If one teacher had a fraction of the training, at a bare minimum, he would have bought the kids and other teachers some time. Slowed the shooter down a tad.

I agree, but not everyone has such training. The majority of the people who do all the (this is what i would have done and they should have done this) are people with no training and would end up getting killed or if they are armed killing others-due to lack of training. Since you have been in the military than you know that it wouldn't be that easy to have such a cache, as the entire area would be searched and no resident would be allowed to leave his or her house without going unnoticed, there will be a "watchman" so to speak. I have done such things in towns and villages. It is part of urban war fair. Now to the teacher with just a fraction of training, would they put their life on the line? If they had a family, kids, wife/husband. That is an entirely differently situation. I guess what I'm trying to say is that not everyone is made to be a (hero) but we all think if the time comes we can be.

Much love
RangerClark29

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by kudegras
reply to post by wrksstudios

Yeah you are right stupid people with guns kill people, but the US has more mass shootings and shootings full stop than any developed country in the world. Your right to bear arms comes at a cost, too many innocents and their families know this all too well. I much prefer to live in a country where I know it is illegal to bear arms, I'll take my chances with a knife over a gun any day of the week.

Our freedom comes at a cost. If we allow them to take our freedom they will rule over us in greater degrees. Many think it's already bad here, and while I agree that much has changed in the last 11 yrs., it could and would get much worse.

Freedom is precious and so many have fought for it-too many. These tragic deaths are deplorable, and if we give up our freedoms many fear that there would be many more atrocities.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Somebody mentioned (with good reason) that if a military fire squad entered your house to take your weapons, there wouldn't be much of a fight. That is very true. However, I also served in the military, not as an elite unit like the Rangers, but still the military, and I have several friends and aquantances who are still serving. Here is my take on that situation, should it ever come to the Military acting in part for the government to disarm citizens on a large scale.

If this was to happen, a large portion of the boots on the ground would most likely not do this very many times before they deserted, or simply disobeyed the orders. Luckily, there are still a lot of free thinking members of our military who would not follow the order to disarm the citizens. I believe it would be an overall failure if it came down to that. It is one thing to fight a foreign "enemy", but it is a something else to fight Americans who may be your friends or relatives.

As for stricter gun control, no I say. The reason I say that is people are less likely to commit a violent act when the odds of retaliation are high. I will not say that the OP has no business saying such things, even though I think some of his replies are abhorrently wrong, he has (for the most part) given calm and legitimate reasons and questions. Maybe we should try a system of psychological tests for lawful aquirement of firearms. However, to oppressively regulate or outright ban anything has been proven not to work. Case in point: Prohibition, The War on Drugs.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Stupid people kill people USING guns. In this country it is far easier to get a gun than mental health care. It is time to stop this madness. As a parent and rational human being, I say the time for free health care and gun control is NOW. Forget home schooling! Kids need to socialize in a SAFE environment. Free for all guns do not provide a safe environment. Sure you trust yourself with a glock or ar15, but do you trust a psycho neighbor or a granny with alzheimers owning one around your kids?

Some say murders of this magnitude could be commited by other means. Sure, but what is easier and more effective; stealing and knowing how to drive a semi, then kill people by crashing it into a school or simply purchasing a gun and walking in shooting with point blank accuracy? Same goes with explosives and knives. None match the trifecta of procurement, handling (for the usual disgruntled, untrained individual), and effectiveness of a firearm to accomplish mass murdering ends.

Criminals must be prosecuted for illegal firearms. The DEA should quit hounding peaceful hippies and, after renaming themselves, turn their attention to illegal firearms. Enough is enough. I have a kid going to middle school and cant be at peace with how easy it is for crazies of all ages to get a gun and go on a murder spree. Hell, I cant feel safe on the road wondering if the truck next to me has a road raging, shotgun wielding freak at the wheel.

You cant even think about getting into a fist fight without the HUGE possibility of the other guy outright shooting you before you even close the distance. Guns are for cowards and criminals. Man the hell up! Why do you have firearms for anyway? What are the chances a home invasion will EVER occur? Hunting deer is worth giving psychos the opportunity to acquire a firearm? Go buy a steak instead! Maybe you believe your assorted handguns and rifles will defend you in some fantasy situation of you vs the government? You think your submachine gun will defend your lone self against a swat team? How about drones or blackhawks dropping a bomb on you? Get real, snap out of your Call of Duty daydream and face the real world. Guns are a REAL problem!

I say all of this as a realist and, most importantly, concerned parent.

/ rant
edit on 15-12-2012 by Snoopy1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

You trust government to provide that safe environment?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
reply to post by crankySamurai

The government can crack down on illegal firearms with the same zeal they put in searching for mj roaches in peoples' cars. Gun toting criminals would be a minority as opposed to a free for all as it is now. For example, look at countries that have gun control. Most of the population do not have to worry about staring down the barrel of a gun. Sure there may be criminals that own them, but they are a persecuted minority as opposed to the majority of people, unhinged or not, that posses guns. Even third world countries with gun controls in place do not see the amount and magnitude of crazy crap that happens in the US. It is amazing that this "from my cold dead hands" mentality is rejected and not actively linked to school shootings and deaths by firearms. The days of the far west and the cowboy vs indians are over. It's time to end this through mature, sensible regulation.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoopy1978

So giving all the guns to the government is a safe environment?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:27 AM
link   

What?...

edit on 15-12-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
i love it when people who don't live in america start talking about how we should run our country

then when we try to tell them how to do it.. we're all lazy fat stupids

if you believe you're gonna get robbed walkng down the street in america, good, the chances of you coming here to visit are slim.. you'll only get robbed if you're staring at your iphone at 3 am and oblivious to your surroundings. but i bet you'd get robbed there too, just not with a gun

OH BTW! when you make something illegal, people will be drawn to it.. the last thing we need are gun dealers trying to sell guns to school kids for lunch money like they do with pot these days right?
edit on 15-12-2012 by christoph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:59 AM
link   

reply to post by beezzer

But your talking about an unnecessary freedom. A hammer is a tool to build, a gun is simply a tool to destroy.

Because of this "freedom" 20 children between the ages of 5 and 11 have lost their most important, most fundamental freedom. The freedom to live.

ALS

But your talking about an unnecessary freedom. A hammer is a tool to build, a gun is simply a tool to destroy defend.

>It is the criminal who uses this tool in the wrong manner, and the criminal element will have guns even if the good guys don't. I can't understand why people don't get this part of the issue.

Because of this "freedom" "criminal" 20 children between the ages of 5 and 11 have lost their most important, most fundamental freedom. The freedom to live.

Those lives lost are a tragedy and on a level I can't understand. There is no why, no words I say can make a difference and only leave me feeling impotent, and yesterday deserves it's own space to be spoken of and remembered but should not be spoken in the same space as this, not used as a part of defense or offense in the debate on gun control. Those lives lost deserve far more in ways of respect and remembrance.

>I understand what you are trying to articulate, but I don't know if you understand what the defenders are trying to say, and what this piece of the constitution means to many of us.

Visiting the states is one thing, but living here you see more and might understand better (even though many US citizens might/will agree with you).. still.. it's our right and also our right to disagree. It's freedom.

Days like yesterday make it feel a freedom not pleasant to defend, and that is why some in high powers use days like those to push their agenda/s, and even though it's their right to do so, it's not a moral thing to do, to use a tragedy to further their goals. And before I get slammed for mentioning my side in this debate let it be known that I would never have mentioned it had I nothing to defend.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

I bet your monarchy wished we didn't have guns in 1812 too.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Go to ****, and that being nice... I will fight for my 2nd Amendment Rights.

We already have laws that restrict our rights to bear arms; most states require permits to purchase a firearm which in my opinion infringes on the 2nd amendment already… some states do not allow the open carry of a firearm, again infringing on the 2nd amendment. Then you have laws that are so misconstrued and vague within gun control it almost makes it impossible to determine if you have any rights at all.

I have no issue with a government official disarming any individual or class of individuals that is considered dangerous to the peace of the public, but a law abiding citizen who carries a gun for self defense should have and does have the right to do so.

Criminals will be just that, criminals... and will always have illegal guns, As a US Citizen I should be allowed to at least have a fighting chance at defending my life, my family, or my property.

Gun Control is not the issue, the police are not going to protect you when a criminal breaks into your home, steals your stuff, abducts your child, or rapes your wife or teenage daughter or worse tries to kill everyone in your home. The police are not going to be there when you are approached in a parking lot and they intend on abducting you, robbing you, killing you or god knows what else.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons

If you were able to ask the 94 million people who were mass murdered in the 20th century by communist governments that same question.

I believe you MIGHT rethink that one...

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join