It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Americans, Isn't It Time You Relinquished Your Weapons.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by madenusa

Gun control is not the answer
It degrades and stupefies with the sense that you are not responsible,
that 'tis not yours to think and reason why, but to do and die,'
like the hundred thousand others doomed like yourself.
Gun Control means blind obedience, unthinking stupidity...
GOD BLESS AMERICA

I don't think a lot of people, including myself, really know what exactly these people did. I found a few links. This is to The Worst Genocides of the 20th and 21st Centuries. www.scaruffi.com...

These are only a few of the men pictured. I think it illustrates the point very well. Banning gun ownership only helps the bad people.

necrometrics.com... Stalin
necrometrics.com... Mao
necrometrics.com... Stalin in WW2
necrometrics.com... Hitler
atrocities-of-amin.blogspot.com... Amin

Here's another one: jpfo.org...

There is a chart on there that shows the gun laws, the people targeted, the number of victims, etc. I can't figure out how to post it though, maybe someone can help. It's definitely worth a look. It shows very clearly how disarming the people helps the tyranny grow and become more and more tragic.

edit on 15-12-2012 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by madenusa

Can you show me one example where civilian gun ownership prevented multiple deaths in one of these massacres?

Not trying to be a smart arse, I am genuinely interested to know.

My little gun will reach 300yrd
With practice much farther.
Thankfully there are many among us who recognize that we're responsible for our own lives and our own happiness. Our life is the result of choices we've made.
We don't blame others.
If they take all my Guns i will always have another..........

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
Now I know I'm not American and I know it's not my place to say what you should do but there has been 60 mass school shootings since the 1999 columbine shooting.

"Since the 1999 Columbine tragedy there have been sixty school shootings, double the rate seen in the previous decade. These school shootings have resulted in 181 deaths," said psychiatrist Dr Warren Steiner, of McGill University, Montreal.

www.telegraph.co.uk...

And now with the shooting at sandy hook the statistics rises to 61 shootings and (approx) 210 deaths 20 of which are young children.

Now I know your worried and I know its in the constitution to "bear arms" but surely enough is enough. We here in britain have done just fine with tight gun control. In fact I would go as far to say that it's one of the best things that's happened to Britain since the NHS.

How many more people must die because you are to proud to give up your pistols?

Remember if you relinquish your weapons so will the police (or most of).

Please America start thinking about gun control!

ALS
edit on 14-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

Uh... no. We'll keep the guns thankyou. Hitler had gun control and millions died. You people have gun control and someday someone will invade your country and you'll be defenseless to stop them. Think about that because we did and so we'll just keep those guns.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

Ok, you got me there. My knowledge of history is limited. However, your argument about them being able to kill someone from a distance is exactly the reason we need them still to protect ourselves and others from those who would wish to cause harm.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Spacespider

Instead of posting a picture in this thread that is a sensationalized piece of propaganda, you should include the population of all the countries and do a "per capita" statistic. No one is arguing that the number of gun relate crimes in the USA isn't high, but you can't compare the USA to a country, like Finland, that has a population that is 1/60th of the USA.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

How will we defend ourselves from cartel, gangs, terrorists?

As soon as we put our guns away that's a green light for them to make their move and cause terror and havoc everywhere.

That is what the police and army are for.

ALS

And what if that army/police is controlled by a tyrannical government?

"The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." - Thomas Jefferson

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElOmen

How will we defend ourselves from cartel, gangs, terrorists?

As soon as we put our guns away that's a green light for them to make their move and cause terror and havoc everywhere.

That is what the police and army are for.

ALS

The police in the US kill innocent people, over basically nothing. Tail light out, no seat belt, etc, you get the death penalty.
People have called 911 and got shot by the responders.
Protect ourselves from terrorists? Maybe the FBI/CIA etc need to stop setting people up as terrorists.
Which would people rather have in their hand while being attacked, a gun or a phone?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Having had time to think about this thread I have come a conclusion.

Banning guns in America is likely to cause more violence because the people will simply not give them up and truthfully I respect that.

Secondly, I must say I am disgusted at many of the comments. You have to understand I have grown up in a nation that have never (freely) had guns. So in a matter of speaking, I am ignorant to your situation, instead of shouting and stamping your feet, you should have educated me. This is after all ATS the home of deny ignorance.

Could a mod please insert this into my op. I'd appreciate it.

ALS

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Enough said. You all that think guns kill people are insane. Stupid people kill people

Evidently you must have a lot of stupid people in the USA since gun crime is so high. Is that not even more of a reason to ban guns..

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I don't think it's really anyone's responsibility to educate you on things you aren't knowledgeable about. You came on here and made statements about things you didn't educate yourself on before coming here and posting. Stop blaming others for your ignorance.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bodhi7
They will be taken anyway. I hate to say it since it JUST happened, but a bunch of kids getting shot seems like the perfect opportunity for gun laws since the typical arguments don't apply. What are we going to do, start arming children?

No, start shooting anybody trying to take away our arms. That seems about right.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
Nice thread OP, but sadly, trying to argue with Americans about taking away their guns is like trying to argue with the fat kid to take away his lollipop.

You wont win.

They are too in love with some archaic rules written by a bunch of treasonous rebels written in 1791.

I just wonder how many more innocent people will die before they start to join the civilised world.

Guns don't kill people, gun wielding Americans do.

I'm sorry for my attitude, but it's extremely upsetting to wake up to the news that once again, children have died to protect such nonsense.

Yup, our founding fathers were a bunch of treasonous rebels to king George. It depends on which side you're on for the title of terrorist. To the early Americans the British were the terrorists.
THEY know that killing children will get the peoples attention. Was this shooter ruined by the vaccinations and then medicated to "fix" what the vaccines did to him? It seems most of these shooters are on prescribed drugs. And there is news comming out now that this shooter was medicated for his autism(which has been proven to be caused by vaccinations).
Archaic Rules? We have those because of tyranny and oppression from the crown.
I'm really glad someone posted the countries/rulers that put gun control through and what happens when this is done.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo

I don't think it's really anyone's responsibility to educate you on things you aren't knowledgeable about. You came on here and made statements about things you didn't educate yourself on before coming here and posting. Stop blaming others for your ignorance.

No! It is your duty as a fellow ATSer to help me see the way! If not then why are we here, on this website. I view ATS as the learning university of old. Where thoeries are abound, debates rage, learning occurs.

You may have your gun sir but you will never change my mind on this!

ALS

ETA: what statement did I make, I simply asked a question.
edit on 15-12-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Wake up, America! Our indoctrination into democracy has set forth in motion a fascist foreign policy extolled by the elite.
It has made smoking.
Fast driving
poverty
madness
obesity
Christianity
medical marijuana
any little cry-baby thing a sin.
Worse than a sin, 51%, mob-rule democracy has made many 'sins' a crime.
I don't know at what point we stopped viewing government as a tool to protect our freedom, and switched to thinking them the end-all, be-all of every conflict that takes place.
The American government was never an entity that was supposed to be used to 'make me feel comfortable.'
If 51% of the people say they want life a certain way, that is how life will be.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   

There have also been countless wars since the dawn of time and I don´t see anyone asking for the worlds armies to be disbanded.....

We are keeping the guns....

EDIT:
it makes no sense to me why the world thinks it has some moral obligation to give us a hard time about things we do in our country. None of your business world. Keep guns out of your countries and see if we care.

edit on 15-12-2012 by zedVSzardoz because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
reply to post by BlueMule

This kind of thing didn't happen back in the days when the old man kicked his kid in the ass whenever he got out of line.

A little good old-fashioned discipline in the early years did wonders for the maturity of America's youth.

Very well said. We're not allowed to discipline our kids anymore. But we sure can medicate them.
Guns are not the cause of the shooting. The Connecticut shooter Adam Lanza was autistic. Autism (thought to be caused by over-vaccination of children, especially with vaccines that include the mercury-based preservative Thimerosal) is treated with a class of drugs called SSRIs (Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor). SSRIs have a long history of triggering suicide and violent behavior in patients that take them. The US corporate media does not report these stories for fear of losing lucrative Pharmaceutical advertising deals. The US Government looks the other way (the FDA is "considering" a warning label on SSRIs) while our children commit suicides and carry out acts of extreme violence that opportunistic politicians use to attack the Second Amendment. Don't take my word for it, web-search "SSRI suicide" and "SSRI homicide" and "SSRI violence" and you shall know the truth, and the truth shall piss you off!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Having had time to think about this thread I have come a conclusion.

Banning guns in America is likely to cause more violence because the people will simply not give them up and truthfully I respect that.

Secondly, I must say I am disgusted at many of the comments. You have to understand I have grown up in a nation that have never (freely) had guns. So in a matter of speaking, I am ignorant to your situation, instead of shouting and stamping your feet, you should have educated me. This is after all ATS the home of deny ignorance.

Could a mod please insert this into my op. I'd appreciate it.

ALS

Can you imagine what would happen if, say even, 15% of the people of America refused to consent to submission?
That would be 45 million There are that many now, but we are afraid to be the only one, and to go on the offensive.
I'm not trying to start up a we were right, this was wrong, type thing.
My point is, the only way to overthrow a domineering government is to cease to consent to their governing. Of course, this is much more difficult than just saying so;
However, it is the birthright of all Americans, North and South, East and West, to revolt against tyranny!

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Oh? And I suppose you'll be the one to comb the streets and take every gun hidden in every dark crevasse in every city and home? You are dreaming, you can't just look at sh!t in hindsight and say "oh but if guns were illegal that never would have happened". That is an utter fantasy, banning guns will simply disarm law-abiding citizens, do you honestly think the criminals and gangs are going to come hand theirs in too?

Of course they won't, and when the poor numerous gangs in the cities realize your suburban paradise is ripe for the looting (since you all handed your guns over) they will come and strike hard and fast.
edit on 15-12-2012 by slayer420 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Because do you think they are going to take away the guns from the military?
Disarming the public is one step against a revolution.
Who is gonna take a stand when the army is walking down your streets with guns?

OP is not an American and knows its not his place,so why is it being brought up?

The sooner we give up our weapons the more submissive the masses will become,because they will not have a defense.

And your joking right?About them taking away the cops guns HAHAHAHAHA yeah you must've been joking

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
This is exactly the problem, if people are prepared to say they need to keep their guns BECAUSE HITLER! then they clearly value their guns more than the lives of children. And there is no debate to be had there.

Personally I think the right of people to send their kids to school and not have them murdered outweighs the rights of people to have guns because guns are cool. But those who have guns will never agree, and they've made it quite clear they are prepared to murder anybody who disagrees with them or tries to take their guns off them.

Which kinda makes the point of why they shouldn't have them in the first place. But hey ho.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join