It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
This is really creeping me out....

I just woke up about 3 hours ago, and was having a dream about a mass shooting. It wasn't at a school -- but it was quite a vivid and terrifying dream.

This is now the third time I've awoken to news that mirrored my dream from the night before.

Happened to me too, and on 911 as well

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Here in the UK, we don't all own guns like you do in the US.

When I send my kid to school I don't fear him getting shot. In fact, I don't fear for his safety at all.

If everyone had guns, I'd never send him to school.

How exactly is the lack of guns the problem?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

As far as the UK goes, you all do enough damage without guns. Seems everytime I turn on the tv, Another bunch of hooligans is burning down a football stadium and starting riots resulting in multiple deaths.

Errr no. What an ignorant and false statement.

Since this happens every time you turn on the tv, care to give 3 examples from this year of stadiums being burned down and mass riots?

Hooligan related deaths are far from a big problem here, this is an old stereotype based on the way football used to be.
edit on 15-12-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:43 AM
link   
Yet ANOTHER masked shooter? Was this the real shooter? It doesn't sound like it's provable this 20 year old is behind it.

www.youtube.com...

deadlinelive.info...

Also saw this comment on Youtube:

"Not the illumati, THE GOVERNMENT. 2 men were seen. One was a government mercenary. He killed the mother of the "shooter", then kidnapped him and brought him to the school, killing the kids and any adult witnesses. Why no cameras at that school? Why so many mass shooting this year. GUN control is important. They need to take over the USA. They will keep killing and blame it on terrorists and psychos until americans give up all their rights."

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by ikonoklast
I don't really want to imagine what kind of sick, twisted person could do this. But there are a few very strange things that make me wonder whether there is more to this.

1. The shooter had a bullet-proof vest on. The guns were supposedly his mother's. Was it her bullet-proof vest, too? That just doesn't seem like the kind of thing most people who are not in law enforcement would have.

2. Spent .223 casings were allegedly found inside the school, but the rifle they came from was found in his car and not in the school.

3. The brother of the alleged shooter says his brother was autistic, possibly asperger syndrome. Who was his therapist? And what was the therapist's background?

Good questions, I wondered about the vest myself. Do you have a source regarding .223 casings found inside the school?

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
In regards to humphreysjim's comments and this terrible tragedy in Connecticut,
I -too, am a Brit and everytime these awful incidents occur, the same impasse
rears it's head.

For most Europeans, Second Amendment (Amendment II) of the American
Constitution is something we struggle to get our heads around.

'A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State,
the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed'

and:
'A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state,
the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed'

I believe that a similar ruling exists in an English Bill of Rights...
The 1688 English Bill of Rights states
"Subjects which are Protestants may have Arms for their Defense"

We wander around and around the debate of having the right to bear arms
and it always seems like other countries ;just-don't-get-it'... maybe they
don't, so what is the answer -if there is one?

What do Fellow-ATS'ers think?

Edit: If I've quoted the wrong-part of the Constitution, then please forgive
me.

edit on 15-12-2012 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
For our friends in the UK just arriving, you don't have to read the whole thread. Even just the last few pages should answer quite a few questions and clear up some unnecessary misunderstandings about what this thread is actually about.

Thanks for putting in the effort.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by A boy in a dress

From page 1 of this thread.

ADMIN NOTE: PLEASE READ

This is a Breaking Alternative News thread about the mass murder in Newtown, Connecticut. While it is inevitable that some members will reflexively seek to inject politics into the discussion in the form of the never-ending gun control debate, let's please try to focus on the facts and the circumstances of this crime and leave the politics for the political forums.

There have been problems requiring a temporary thread closure. Apparently, since being reopened, more members are posting to the thread without reading it, making facts and opinions relevant to the actual topic difficult to find.

ATS already has thousands of threads covering gun control in some form or another, and while the issue certainly plays a part in this case, and theories will naturally abound, this is not a thread for posting insults, slogans, finger-pointing, political boilerplate or other commentary not related to this case. To the extent they disrupt discussion or ar clearly intended to bait or inflame, posts may be removed, and posting privileges suspended.

Rather than go there, let's please be mindful of our manners, respect the importance of the topic, focus on facts, cooperate with staff requests and endeavor to Deny Ignorance.

Thanks,

Majic

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by EffTheCIA

Thank you EffTheCIA, and forgive my insensitive attempt for debate.
My thoughts are with the loved-ones of these poor victims.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I can't fantom a reason why any psychopath would target an elementary school, and destroy the lives of so many innocent people, I hate to say it but I feel there's more to it than a coward gunman wanting to vent out his life failures on innocent children. This would be the golden goose egg to the gun ban advocator. It's too perfect a reason to ban guns, if I'm right, and there's more to it, than there's real killers out there who sees our kids as expendable assets for their own agendas.

And did you see Obama's press announcement, I've seen people in mourning, and I've seen people who are emotionally affected by unfathomable acts, and he did not act that way...his "tearing up" was clearly staged...no one tears up on the OUTSIDE OF THEIR EYES, the tears come from the inside, please watch it again and tell me if it is real

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
You don't take care of a problem by abolishing the means, but its origin. Abolishing guns will unfortunately not prevent such horrendous events. If the government abolishes guns, killers will eventually buy weapons illegally or find other methods to carry out their plans.

Let's be honest and look closer. Our society has become so filled with war, violence, financial hardship, destruction of the environment and hatred, that we have become accustomed to it.

Just think about it. Extreme violence is considered "normal" in video games and movies. We are confronted daily with shocking images, showing terrorists at work, victims of war, political madness and other terrible things at the rate that our minds don't even have the time to process it all.

We are getting detached from each other through the use of computers and so called social networks. People don't speak to each other directly. There is a lot of indifference in this world and that is the true killer.

If we want to prevent such tragedies, we need to exterminate the causes. Solitude, poverty, lack of love and friendship, the systematic detachment from Mother nature and financial injustice.

People just don't commit murder or suicide. There is always something that leads to it. Let's find out what it is and try to build a better society.

We just cannot continue on this path.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I guess if this doesn't "work", then the next mass shooting will be babies in a hospital infant ward, by a young early 20's "quite but smart" male. That should surely get the results they want.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by majestikc
I guess if this doesn't "work", then the next mass shooting will be babies in a hospital infant ward, by a young early 20's "quite but smart" male. That should surely get the results they want.

They learned after Aurora they can't leave the patsy alive. Even if they did wipe his memory beforehand. It's impossible to prove a lie afterall.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Gun Free Zone working at its finest.

I think its time for the Principals to start arming themselves

Screw these cowards. There names should not be spoken on ATS. We dont want to give them the gratification.

Just refer them as the cowards they are.
edit on 14-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

Principals are not trained to discipline criminals...they are trained to discipline children through education.

Better to have a marshal on standby.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:57 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Perhaps part of the answer is to ban violence and depictions of shootings on Tv, in movies, and games like "call of duty".

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Power_Semi

Why? I don't want to kill people and I consume all those things. If anything the msm should stop reporting it in the way they do.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Power_Semi

Why? I don't want to kill people and I consume all those things. If anything the msm should stop reporting it in the way they do.

For the obvious reasons.

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join