It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by nosacrificenofreedom

Originally posted by VforVendettea
Has anyone noticed that the more they take away from us the more dangerous life becomes?

How many mass school shootings were there 50 years ago?
The only one I can recall was in 1967 teh Texas cloacktower sniper and the autopsy found a brain tumor the siz of a tennis ball in his head so in this case if he had been taken alive (he wasn't) I would have believed an insanity defence.

Start teaching gun safety in the first grade.
If more people carried guns, the safer we would be as a whole.
Forget nude body scanners and strip searches to fly just hand every passanger a loaded pistol as they enter the plane no terrorist would dare.

There are more mass murders because there are more groups of people unable to defend themselves.

With this kind of view why not just give every country in the world nuclear weapons so as there are no wars?

You must see the foolishness in this statement.

I have said it many times before - extreme points of view are are some of the most dangerous things to society.

Tell me, what the F do nukes have to do with it? Have you ever been shot at or had someone try to kill you? I have.

Teach gun safety and awareness from a young age.

First of all VforVendettea was saying how more people should carry guns and this would somehow prevent gun violence! He also said to forget scanners and guards in airports and just to give weapons to all the passengers!
I was saying by his logic, we should just hand all countries nuclear weapons! If you fail to see the relevance then you are the one who is foolish! As for being on the recieving end of gun violence, I don't know why it matters but in fact I have been shot at and have had a gun held to my head on more then one occasion! I believe gun safety and awareness are very important but i don't think it's necessary for the whole population to carry weapons! I think it's way to easy to purchase guns and believe if it was at all possible, that banning them would be a great accomplishment! As this is impossible we should at least ban the sales of hand guns, assult weapons and ammunition! Everyone possessing weapons is just adding fuel to the fire! The man who did this was obviously not worried about dying as he most likely killed himself! Even if someone would have killed him before he accomplised the slaying of those innocents, there is the problem of callateral damage through adding more instruments of destruction to a highly imbalanced population! Though I can't say for sure that more people would die from this scenario! I do have that opinion that nothing would be better and believe this would cause more casualties for the police and those they come into contact with! Then to think of how many people would use these weapons because of jealousy and anger! I don't believe arming the populus as a deterrent would offset these deaths! To arm the public is a foolish concept in my opinion and I am allowed one just as you are allowed to believe whatever conceptual ideas that your pervese viewpoint sees!
Weapons are a form of power and it has been shown how power corrupts! At a time when we should be reducing the amount of destructive outlets there are too many intent on increasing this!

Uh... so you are saying if someone shot the shooter it would have been worse because of "collateral damage"? What if every year in school kids had to take gun safety courses. Taught from a young age to be aware of their surroundings, and if it ever came down to it to be AWARE of what is BEHIND the would-be killers.

Why would this plan fail? Of course some couldn't carry guns. There are crazy people.

If people were armed in that school we would have less deaths. A lot less probably.

I still don't see your logic. Everyone should carry a gun that is mentally competent to do so.

the collateral damage statement was meant in a general sense and not meant to be just for the school shooting!
I think having gun battles by those that are unprofessional would lead to collateral damage just like it does in these gangland shootings!
I don't see your logic either. How do we decide who is mentally competent? I don't think you understand how
much goes into determining someones competency and how easily an intelligent person can find ways around such a test! Not only would every american have to be evaluated they would have to be trained as well to be just as competent in the use of such weapons! Why do we all have to carry leathal weapons, would'nt it be alot safer carrying non leathal weapons like stun guns? Arming the population with lethal weapons will not make us safer from criminals and will just cause more accidental deaths!< this is what i mean by collateral damage.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by nosacrificenofreedom

It's not like criminals wont just step up the violence in response to guns being everywhere, oh no they would just stop and crime would vanish over night

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Prez O has just stated on the news that we have to get together and do something about this. I wonder what that something will be. Get ready for talks on national and intl gun control. It's coming folks.

I'll say I told you so, especially to the naysayers who in spite of politicians over the decades telling us we are having a NWO keep saying there is no NWO.

Yes there is and you will see.

This will be a pretext for gun control just like 9-11 was pretext for the PATRIOT ACT, which was written long before 9-11 ever happened. Joe Biden said so. And he would know. He wrote it.
edit on 14-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Sending sympathies to the families.

Our society is very sick right now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
A few things on those murals are pinging for me, and I had to share them here because this is the incident that triggered it all. Please forgive the mangled thoughts, I'll edit it after I get the majority out ><

So.....

Is anyone *else* REALLY creeped out by that mural in Denver International Airport now?

-call to peace, showing weapons being destroyed.

-The Quetzal (Pharomachrus mocinno) and it's association with the Mayan (huge debate about the timing, I'm not going to pretend I did all the research there =/)

"The Resplendent Quetzal was considered divine, associated with the "snake god", Quetzalcoatl by Pre-Columbian Mesoamerican civilizations." -- Wikipedia

-children of different lands being *lain to rest (the incident in (I believe) China today involving kids...)

-Masked figure carrying a weapon... In the two mall shootings, not either of the school incidents (as far as I'm aware of)

edit on 12/14/2012 by Hollowguardian because: *mistake, self-noted

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
People can't legally buy guns if they have a felony.

I know this will sound harsh and like an invasion of privacy but maybe there should also be a list for people diagnosed with OCD, Bi-Polar, autism and all those other mental disorders that also shouldn't be able to legally buy them. Apparently the shooter had Asperger Syndrome.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Hollowguardian

I am not creeped out in the slightest.

It is blatantly referring to some kind of NWO, but IDK how much power that group really has.

They did have a pamphlet at my grandpas funeral. No lie.
They are real. IDK if they are really the elite though.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrincessTofu
People can't legally buy guns if they have a felony.

I know this will sound harsh and like an invasion of privacy but maybe there should also be a list for people diagnosed with OCD, Bi-Polar, autism and all those other mental disorders that also shouldn't be able to legally buy them. Apparently the shooter had Asperger Syndrome.

oh nice TOFU.... pretext for pre-screening everyone in the NWO

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

IDK if it is NWO BUT LISTEN!!!

WE CAN NOT LET THE POLITICIANS DECIDE THIS FOR US!!

We need a nation wide majority vote on a plan of action. Do not let these foolish self-serving people make the decision for us! They almost never get it right and for obvious reasons. This is way to important.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
Prez O has just stated on the news that we have to get together and do something about this. I wonder what that something will be. Get ready for talks on national and intl gun control. It's coming folks.

I'll say I told you so, especially to the naysayers who in spite of politicians over the decades telling us we are having a NWO keep saying there is no NWO.

Yes there is and you will see.

If people can't prove MK-Ultra then there is no point in discussing anything. Easier said then done though.

Another thing that died rather quickly and conveniently was operation fast and furious.

ATS used to be a conspiracy site but it has become way too mainstream the last few years with all this D and R manufactured hate being spewed. And you have to admit you are guilty as well. This site went from being ranked 2,500 to 8,500; no coincidence!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

It was just an idea. Something has to change somewhere.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Actually, even if it is not a MK ultra or whatever the F, it could still be used for an agenda. In fact - it surely will be.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
CBS station airs this image, says it is Ryan Lanza. Says he is NOT under arrest, though he is in handcuffs.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Actually, even if it is not a MK ultra or whatever the F, it could still be used for an agenda. In fact - it surely will be.

There has to be an agenda because of the discrepancies in reporting by the media, unless the media really is totally incompetant and I doubt it.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by jhn7537
CBS station airs this image, says it is Ryan Lanza. Says he is NOT under arrest, though he is in handcuffs.

Wow, thats definitely the Ryan from the Facebook profile.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

I have only a few things to say. WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU AMERICA!!!! I am so sad, and angry today. How could somebody do this to these poor little kids? The thought that keeps popping up in my mind is those poor parents having to take those Christmas presents out from under the tree because their little ones won't be there Christmas morning. God I feel so bad.

Look deep within yourself America.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Yes it would require a revamp of how we raise our children and evaluate them. I don't see a problem with that....

We are talking about a hypothetical situation that will not be. You can not set perimeters of this situation on the hypothetical on. They are 2 different worlds.

Gangland shootings? WTF? How many "gangland" shootings involve people who were raised shooting guns and taught how to properly use them? I will give you a hint it is a low percentage.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by BonesStones

Originally posted by jhn7537

Wow, thats definitely the Ryan from the Facebook profile.

Are they twins!? Someone find out quick.

Start a new thread please.

link   
reply to post by afb2000

What about the norway shooting that saw 200+ dead people on that remote island with only the gunmen being armed and the cops having to wait for weapons from the mainland? You think gun massacres only happen in america? Think again man!

And in finland too if I remember correctly. The problem is not guns per say, rather an agenda to eventually completly disarm the populace in every nation with the pretense that guns are too dangerous. If no guns are available people will use knifes, baseball bats, golf clubs, stones, punches, whatever is available.

You are over-reacting through fear. The ptb have pulled the wool over your eyes.

link   

The US Government should not be telling any other country what to do or not do.
That is most of the reason why the rest of the world hates us.

IMO if countries would stop trying to push their views onto other countries the world would be a much better place for it all.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join