It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than a Two Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

More Than a Dozen Killed, Including Children, at Connecticut Elementary School Shooting

abcnews.go. com

More than a dozen people, including elementary school children, were shot and killed at a Newtown, Conn., elementary school this morning, federal and state sources tell ABC News.

A shooting involving two gunmen erupted at a Connecticut school this morning, prompting the town of Newtown to lock down all of its schools and draw SWAT teams to the school, authorities said today.

State Police confirm that one shooter is dead. A second gunman is apparently at large.
(visit the link for the full news article)

usnews .nbcnews.com

ADMIN NOTE: PLEASE READ

This is a Breaking Alternative News thread about the mass murder in Newtown, Connecticut. While it is inevitable that some members will reflexively seek to inject politics into the discussion in the form of the never-ending gun control debate, let's please try to focus on the facts and the circumstances of this crime and leave the politics for the political forums.

There have been problems requiring a temporary thread closure. Apparently, since being reopened, more members are posting to the thread without reading it, making facts and opinions relevant to the actual topic difficult to find.

ATS already has thousands of threads covering gun control in some form or another, and while the issue certainly plays a part in this case, and theories will naturally abound, this is not a thread for posting insults, slogans, finger-pointing, political boilerplate or other commentary not related to this case. To the extent they disrupt discussion or ar clearly intended to bait or inflame, posts may be removed, and posting privileges suspended.

Rather than go there, let's please be mindful of our manners, respect the importance of the topic, focus on facts, cooperate with staff requests and endeavor to Deny Ignorance.

Thanks,

Majic
edit on 12/14/2012 by Majic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
First off. What the hell?? Kids, really? This is disgusting beyond belief and appalling to no measure.

We all know breaking news changes by the minute, but on TV right now they're reporting 14 kids dead.

This makes me so mad and sad at the same time. I will be following this case to the bitter end.

I bring this to ATS because we've all talked quite a bit about this phenomenon - school shootings. These are elementary school kids -- freaking kids. I am so mad.

**UPDATES (as it's reported)** Now saying 20 shot. I have a 2 young kids -- I want to get them from school right now and bring them home.

Reporting one entire classroom unaccounted for. Principle and school psychologist dead. Second shooter unconfirmed, everything on lock down.

Update: 18 kids dead now reporting. 27 people dead total. A freaking massacre.

Update: The shooter found dead in the classroom. (Personal, my wife is picking up our little kids now - they're coming home early today).

Connecticut Governor now onsite at Sandy Hook Elementary school.

Lots of woods in area searching for clues, area locked down, not sure about second shooter still.

White House says President briefed. Three patients at Danbury Hospital being treated - hospital on lock down too.

Waiting on press conference (1:05pm now)...

Press Conference says (updating live - not started yet)

Shooter clad in all black, 2 handguns used. 20-year-old shooter/murder.

Now saying 26 people total dead. Eighteen kids, 8 adults.

Hundreds of shots fired being reported. Two 9MM pistols. Very common grade weapons.

OK, I'm getting my kids (wife can't). I'll update when I get back and get the kids settled. Press conference has not started as of yet (1:15pmET). This is worse than Columbine.

I'm back online.

More updates--

State police say, no information being released on victims - a great deal of law enforcement activity in and out of the state happening now.

NBC sources - Trying to figure out if two people involved, second person in custody - no idea if involved, gun man dead.

Shooter focused all is attention on single classroom.

Details still scarce.

AP is saying he had .223 rifle, AR-15 type weapon - only AP reporting this.

2:20PM ET - One of the parents of the shooter has been found dead in New Jersey.

On TV, a 1st grader said her teacher was shot. (I almost cried watching this kid).

2:28PM ET
UPDATE: Ryan Lansin is the shooter; he is 24-years-old.

Latest his mother was shot, she worked at the school of the scene today, explains connection today. Not clear about parent in NJ anymore - but he killed his mom at the school. He's was travelling, he was in NJ prior to the shooting.

His mom was a kindergarten teacher - most of shooting happened there. Most of the victims are from that classroom.

I hate this story but will keeping reporting on it until my editing window ends.

Source: abcnews.go.com...

Additional Source: usnews.nbcnews.com...

edit on 14-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Gun Free Zone working at its finest.

I think its time for the Principals to start arming themselves

Screw these cowards. There names should not be spoken on ATS. We dont want to give them the gratification.

Just refer them as the cowards they are.
edit on 14-12-2012 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   
better go buy yourself some guns and ammo and keep your kids home and safe

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SPECULUM
better go buy yourself some guns and ammo and keep your kids home and safe

No, the problem is they didn't put up enough "gun free zone" signs up. Clearly these low life scum missed the signs when they walked into the school to shoot it up.

Sarc/ off

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Call me crazy but I don't think the solution to gun crime is more guns...

It pains me deeply at the thought of children dying in this traders. Children always seem to pay the ultimate price when it comes to these acts of violence.

Last report I read was the are looking for a vehicle that left town, perhaps an accomplice?

Sickening

+40 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Let me guess. This will actually turn out to be a lone gunman. Mid-twenties. Just recently dropped out of college. No prior record. Parents say they didn't suspect anything. Friends say he was a bit unusual, but a nice guy. Did I get all that right?

link   

As a father of a 2 year old son I'm disgusted reading reports like this.
Wasn't it yesterday that something similar happened in China?

Reports like these make me pray something will happen on 12.21.2012!

link   
In fact, there is no confirmation on the number killed or wounded. The estimate is that it could be between 20-27 but there are no official numbers as of yet.

As far as the shooter, he is said to have been working alone and is now dead. Whether he was killed by police or if he took his own life is still not known.

-Will

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

27 dead, 9 adults....18 kids dead

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I'm updated the OP as news breaks - it's all changing for the worse. Eighteen kids dead, 27 people total. It's a massacre. FREAKING KIDS! SICK SICK SICK.

Press conference starting in a few minutes; I'll update the OP as it happens.

37 school shooting since Columbine. Sad fact.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jason88

They picked a school because they are cowards and wanted easy targets that won't fire back... No trial, no jail time, march them out to the town square and hang their asses up and leave them for everyone to see. What the *uck is the going on we have a serious mental health problem unfolding here in the US.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just reported on CNN 20 total people, 10 of them being children...

This story fills me with sadness and anger. Why do people have to be such monsters?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Call me crazy but I don't think the solution to gun crime is more guns...

It pains me deeply at the thought of children dying in this traders. Children always seem to pay the ultimate price when it comes to these acts of violence.

Last report I read was the are looking for a vehicle that left town, perhaps an accomplice?

Sickening

Well ill be the first to call you crazy then.

I understand your notion but come on. what are you going to do. extend the "gun free zone" to 1 mile from schools. Yeah, that will stop them.

I refuse to send my kids to a public "gun free zone" so they can be sitting defenceless ducks.

I bet you this guy was in some sort of counseling in the past few weeks. All mass shooting can be linked to the shooter being completely unstable in day to day life.

link   
The effing coward is dead. God help any man that threatens my kid's school with a gun, he better kill himself first before I get to him.

Effing coward.

*cries*

link   
CBS now reporting that 27 are dead including 14 kids and the shooter. I don't know the details, but this could smell of another staged shooting event. Do you think the government would shoot up a school full of kids to take away gun rights? I do.

If just a few staff members were trained and carrying a firearm, many, many lives could have been saved today. Tragic.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Merlin Lawndart because: (no reason given)

link   
Oh noooo!
Tears are filling my eyes reading that at least 18 kids died.
How can someone be so evil?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
Gun Free Zone working at its finest.

I think its time for the Principals to start arming themselves

TSA at every door and every classroom, at every school, at every stop sign

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This story literally makes me sick to my stomach... Apparently the shooter was a male in his 20's...... What I would pay to be able to put m hands on that guy, lucky for him, he's dead... I honestly cannot believe the sh*t thats going on in this country...WTF

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
27 people dead, 18 of them being children........F*cking COWARD.....

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join