It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 70
<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
What the heck, just found this.....

Fort Hood police shoot and kill soldier after receiving gunfire

Fort Hood police shot and killed a 1st Cavalry Division soldier early this morning after the man shot at them from his vehicle, according to officials at the post.

www.statesman.com...

Yes, I know nothing to do with this event, but man - really need to find out what is behind all of this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

I wouldn't take most of it as fact.

Found this on the .223

Three weapons were recovered from the school: a semi-automatic .223 Bushmaster found in a car in the school parking lot, and a Glock and a Sig Sauer found with Lanza's body, a law enforcement official familiar with the investigation said. The weapons were legally purchased by Lanza's mother, the official said.

edition.cnn.com...

edit
"Journalists" reporting stuff without actually doing any investigation in to what is going on really muddies the water.
edit on 14-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I'm not claiming any conspiracy, but it does amaze me how news programs can already have tribute specials airing within 9 hours of an event like this. I flipped on 20/20 just now and they're doing a special about the shooting, the victims, etc. They already have tons of interviews, fancy graphics, statistics and the history of some of the victims when just hours ago we didn't know anything about them. It just blows my mind how quickly they can throw together something like this.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Lets get first things first with this story-

How did this lunatic get in the school? Who let him in and why?

Was there a law enforcement school resource officer? Why not?

How long did it take LE to enter the school? Reports have been saying the first ones there "waited" for State Police to arrive before entering. Remember Columbine and how LE let the rampage go too long before entering?

link   
reply to post by slingshot

Thing is nobody knows the answers to the questions you pose. I figure that not untill the forensic people have been all through the school and witnesses interviewed will the answers be available. Considering the trauma some of the surviors will be suffering it may take a lot of time to get these answers, especially if it's children who hold the information.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: typo fix

link   
So which sign will help prevent another tragedy?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by snarky412

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by Manhater
Can someone post a recap fact check of events leading to and up to and the aftermath of this event. I really don't want to tread through60 pages.

I'm reading so many theories and it's hard to believe. Really mainly about the shooter. And who is HE. Was it a lone ranger or multiple shooters?

I heard he shot the principal first then the psychologist. Did he go to this school? Was he already out of this school? At some point he had to go the school and must of had bad vibes or got in trouble a lot to go after the principal and psychologist first.

Was his mother down the hall like they said?

If so, why didn't he go there first?

When I left, this thread was only at 4 pages, I come home and it's over 60 pages.

I need an executive summary.

Pretty please.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

I could attempt to respond but the story is still subject to revision every hour on the hour.

His mother wasn't a school teacher! She didn't teach at that school. How about them apples.
Meanwhile our local media is still reporting she died in her "classroom".
edit on 14-12-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

The last we heard, not confirmed tho, was that she was a substitute teacher there at the school.
And she was killed first at home then he went to the school.

His father and older brother live in NJ....
They at first arrested the older brother due to the fact that the shooter had his brother's ID on him.
But then they released him after they concluded that he had nothing to do with this horrible crime.

They themselves are victims too, the father and brother.
Now they will have to face the wrath of the media as well as the public.
Be put under a microscope, if you will.
My thoughts and prayers go out to them as well.

Not the last I heard. I read she was a 'volunteer' at the school. Not a substitute.
I read the brother was at work all day. And making sure people on facebook were corrected.
That does not imply to me he was "under arrest" or being investigated despite the fact they had
his ID at first, or so we are told.

They showed the brother in handcuffs on the news.....that much I do know. A FACT...
They questioned him and let him go.
But they showed him being arrested and put into a car....[watch for it when you can].

As for the mother, about an hour or so ago they said she was a substitute teacher.
Can't verify for sure, but that is what is being said now.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by loveguy

I couldn't imagine that even if the principal and his mum where secretly together and Adam discovered it, that it would push Adam lanza to shoot primary school students.... maybe the principal but not little kids.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
So which sign will help prevent another tragedy?

Another Amen! with that
May this be so

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Crazed teacher goes on rampage at school

Never ending loop

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This is woman at Texas massacre [can't get enbed link www.youtube.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by OOOOOO because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Razziazoid

abcnews.go.com...

Seriously, I questioned that too. First the mother was among the deceased at the school and then she was found deceased at the house.

Make up your minds.

That's where it's confusing...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I just want to say that this was a terrible & unfortunate event. My heart goes out to everyone who has lost someone today. When I heard the news I didn't know what to think of it all. It was truly heartbreaking and though I do not anyone there personally I felt a great sorrow in my soul today.

That being said. I know we people love to argue our opinions but I think we should all stick together in a time like this. Put aside our different views and help this town heal itself.

Just my opinion.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
FOX/Greta reporting Team of Medical Examiners are working through the night, in the school building, to identify each person killed. They hope to release the bodies sometime tomorrow. From there they will go to the Coroner's facility for further investigation.

Since when does the medical examiner ID bodies at the crime scene? The only reason to hold the bodies is so the crime scene can be photographed. After that there is no reason to keep them there. My guess is they are waiting for any wounded victims to just die.

It should be noted that one of the seriously wounded survivors of the shooting inside the school library at Columbine later considered legal action against the police for the lengthy delay before she was given medical aid. And the 'kid in the window' filmed crawling from a second story window wasn't crawling out because he was frightened. He got tired of waiting for rescue so he figured he was going to have to save himself.

Consider the high death toll at Sandy Hook Elementary with just one wounded survivor. The shooter must have had extraordinary shooting abilities to achieve such a high kill rate.

------------------

abcnews.go.com...
Shooting took place in “one section of the school in two rooms”

www.dailycamera.com...
Youngsters and their parents described teachers locking doors ....
A custodian ran through the halls, warning of a gunman on the loose, and someone switched on the intercom, alerting people in the building to the attack by letting them hear the hysteria apparently going on in the school office.

If the teachers had all this warning of trouble, and if they had lockable doors, how did the shooter gain access to even one classroom?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Debating the merits of the Second Amendment while your future is gunned down in a hail of bullets.

America. Your empire is officially here:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

Hey, still can not confirm but this is where the "substitute teacher" came from....

Nancy Lanza was a part-time substitute at the school, according to a parent.

www.chicagotribune.com...

Still too much unconfirmed info flying around to say for sure.

Even tho they showed his brother in handcuffs and placed in a car, he was never under arrest, only detained for questioning.
I remember my husband getting pissed off about it because he kept saying if he's not under arrest then why the hell do they keep showing that one scene over and over.

That's the MSM hyping it up...

I feel for him and his father.
Not only for the grief of losing both mother/brother but now for being under scrutiny by the media as well as the public.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

edit on 14-12-2012 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
1:17 p.m: One shooter is described as 24-years-old, armed with four weapons and wearing a bullet-proof vest, sources tell ABC News.

Why was his brother there? 24 years old?

4:41 p.m.:Federal law enforcement sources now say Connecticut school shooting gunman was Adam Lanza, 20, and not his brother Ryan Lanza, 24, as earlier reported. Adam was found dead in the school along with his mother, a kindergarten teacher there.

So was his mom dead at the house or at school?

new topics

top topics

<< 67  68  69    71  72  73 >>

join