It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

Originally posted by Unidentified_Objective

Originally posted by 1ibl2ibs
WCBS just showed footage of Ryan Lanza being pulled out of a police car and taken in for questioning. He looked a lot like the pics that were posted earlier.

EDIT: we was handcuffed but they made a point in saying he isn't a suspect at this time.
edit on 14-12-2012 by 1ibl2ibs because: more detail added

Yeah...older brother. Guy blocked everyone except his friends on facebook because he was getting threats & messages on his page. Plus, every news agency was calling HIM the shooter.

If the cops thought he was the shooter how was he able to just worry about what his fb page was doing?

I am confounded by this. Why was he not found and this whole mix up averted before now of the Adam/Ryan
ID thing?

They thought he was Ryan, why didn't they show up at Ryan's job investigating.

If there was a brother, Adam did they go to HIS job and interview him?

I can't see how this took hours and hours to straighten out.

If they thought it was Ryan, there was no point to immediately go to his job. The real Ryan was there anyway.

His facebook posts are one liners, so they could very easily have been posted from his phone.

We dunno how much alike they look which could account for the time delay.

It's not like he left his mother alive to ID him.
edit on 14-12-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

link   
Can anyone do a criminal background check on this guy Adam?

I used to have an online account to do this with some company but I only paid for one year and it expired several months ago.

Thanks ahead.

link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

i used to work in mass media.
it used to be that the entertainent divsions and sports departments made all the money. but now, media ownership want all departments in the black.
that means being in a race to be first so you can draw advertisers.

i remember the days when the media sat on stories so they could get a 2nd and 3rd souce.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

WCBS just showed footage of Ryan Lanza being pulled out of a police car and taken in for questioning. He looked a lot like the pics that were posted earlier.

EDIT: we was handcuffed but they made a point in saying he isn't a suspect at this time.

Yeah...older brother. Guy blocked everyone except his friends on facebook because he was getting threats & messages on his page. Plus, every news agency was calling HIM the shooter.

If the cops thought he was the shooter how was he able to just worry about what his fb page was doing?

I am confounded by this. Why was he not found and this whole mix up averted before now of the Adam/Ryan
ID thing?

Its not that confusing, really. Ryan lives in New Jersey, where he also works. The shooting (Done by Adam...who had his older brother's ID) took place in Connecticut. Connecticut police do not have jurisdiction in NJ...and they wouldn't know to look in NJ that early in the investigation....especially, if they think the shooter is already dead.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Crakeur

Maybe it's how he bought guns? I am not sure about jersey laws, in some states you have to be 21 to get a handgun at least.

21 for handguns is federal law.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Unidentified_Objective

Feds were involved from the beginning according to what I read. They have the tools and jurisdiction from my understanding.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   

ID thing?

Its not that confusing, really. Ryan lives in New Jersey, where he also works. The shooting (Done by Adam...who had his older brother's ID) took place in Connecticut. Connecticut police do not have jurisdiction in NJ...and they wouldn't know to look in NJ that early in the investigation....especially, if they think the shooter is already dead.

I heard they found the father in NJ hours ago, so the NJ police, FBI whatever would have looked up Ryan's co-workers to interview and found Ryan was alive and well a long time ago.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail

Feds were involved from the beginning according to what I read. They have the tools and jurisdiction from my understanding.

That's why Ryan was detained in the end. The only part about this that seems to not make sense is the "other shooter" who was arrested coming out of the woods and reported by witnesses as running into the woods immediately after the shooting.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

If they thought the shooter was dead...what would compel them to go looking in New Jersey for the guy with lead in his brain? It wasn't until Ryan went in for questioning that they knew it was Adam who did the shooting. Its pretty clear cut.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
reply to post by unphased

older brother gives younger brother id so he can get into bars, buy alcohol etc.

not uncommon in the least.
He could have already had it for months(or longer).

With or without the older brother knowing, there are still a few different ways to do it.

It's even possible that the license could have a younger brothers picture, along with the older brothers info.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Why would the feds have jurisdiction? What tools do they have that the local cops don't? Do you have a link to the FBI/BATF being there? Anyway federal involvement is always a sign that this is a covert op.

link   

Originally posted by unphased

That's why Ryan was detained in the end. The only part about this that seems to not make sense is the "other shooter" who was arrested coming out of the woods and reported by witnesses as running into the woods immediately after the shooting.

As I already noted...I've witnessed scenes like this in the past, where there was a shooting. Witnesses are EXTREMELY unreliable and anyone wearing black or camo is a shooter to them. That said, cops usually apprehend any and all suspicious people in the vicinity and then question them. That's routine but, that doesn't mean they are also involved.

link   

Update: 3:38 p.m.

Patch exclusive: The man identified in media reports Friday as the shooter has told friends that he thinks his developmentally disabled brother may have committed the crime,
Source: newtown.patch.com...

link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

ok once again.....

last night at 10:45 pm virginia tech was on lockdown because of a gun man on campus.

The suspect got away.

i had stated that it may be the same person but i ahve no proof.

From VA tech to Newtown, CT it is a 12 hour drive. So I highly doubt it.

so its not possible to speed and be there faster? lets see 10:45 pm to 9:30 am.......seems totally plausible to me

Or what is even more plausible is an accomplice, ie: the brother.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I'd like to know why that little white Sandy Hook Elementary sign is hanging across from the Fire Dept.
It makes it very confusing and a lot of people seem to be mistaking the FD shots with the School.

Is this intentional?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by Crakeur

Maybe it's how he bought guns? I am not sure about jersey laws, in some states you have to be 21 to get a handgun at least.

21 for handguns is federal law.

News report claims that the guns were registered to his mother (who was also killed).

Let's not forget, they have been wrong about many of the reports today.

link   
reply to post by Agarta

Hmmm, that is a pretty broad term though, especially these days. I have heard hyper kids referred to as developmentally disabled before.

link   
I knew about this shooting earlier in the thread, but I went out to go see The Hobbit and when it finished and I was driving home and I heard 20 children dead a cold chill went through my body.

Not #ing right at all, for awhile I have been saying that our civilization is in decline and this just puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Anyway federal involvement is always a sign that this is a covert op.

Not really. It normally means a federal crime was committed...and they stand around and oversee the local PD's investigation. The feds are there because if there's a federal court case, they want to make sure the investigation is not effed up and potential prosecution can be carried out without someone "getting off" due to a technicality in the investigation.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join