Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The firehouse is where they had parents pick up kids. May not be related though, and pure coincidence.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
I think everyone should take a minute to stop posting, and have a little bit of personal silence for the children who have lost their innocence today. For the victims who were shot. And the victims who were forced to witness it all happen.

SO much innocence gone in one broad stroke. Sad day to be alive.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Just heard on Cavuto that shooter's Mom was employed at school and his girlfriend is "missing"

Listening to these reports is getting frustrating, so much for knowing facts before they even say anything!

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by crkking
This day will always be remembered because of the actions of a coward. How many people will be remembered because of the actions of heroes.

I woke up with Wolf Blitzer talking about this on CNN. Made me sick. Not a good way to wake up. 5 minutes of that is all one needs to get the point so I changed the channel.

People need to start being more pro-active with these sorts of things and finding a solution to this sort of problem. Children are the most important resource we have. We need to keep them protected and educated at all times. I see a day coming when public schools are a thing of the past and school districts start taking measures to teach their curriculum to students in the safety of their own homes. A cross between home schooling and public education. If a district doesn't have the finances to provide computers to students, the vast majority of which own computers anyway, they can always set up a "host house" where a certain number of students can go and share the resources. Get the teachers to be "host parents", or something similar, so you know there's someone qualified to oversee everything. One of the main advantages to this is that everything would be on private property. Someone's house. City councils may have to create a brand new zone for these types of set-ups, somewhere between business and private, to where the legalities on that end are taken care of, but that would be a small price to pay IMO.

People might say "Well what happened today was an exception to the rule. No need to go to extremes" I don't care if it's an exception to the rule or not. 28 children victims are 28 too many. Or my favorite argument: " Don't let emotions rule your decisions" Sorry, but if you don't feel emotions about something like THIS then you're dead inside. People need to stop talking about what went wrong and start talking about what we can do to keep this from happening again. Something realistic that can implemented without too many rules and regulations getting involved.

Those sorts of things tend to bog things down anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
and I see that CBS is pushing how we need 'immediate' action for firearms - this isn't a firearms issue, it is the moral decay of our society.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I thought Nancy was in the school?

RT @WTNH: Police confirm Nancy Lanza, the suspect's mother, was found dead in her Newtown home. Adam Lanza, 20, is the suspect.
live.reuters.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by PaperbackWriter

The firehouse is where they had parents pick up kids. May not be related though, and pure coincidence.

Yes, I asked long ago what the other building was when the flyover showed nothing going on at the school,
and a mass of activity up the street.

Nobody answered my question of what the other bldg was so I looked it up and found out it was the fire dept.
Then I was watching some video and saw the sign repeatedly.

If I didn't know better I would think I was looking at the school with the sign saying Sandy Hook Elementary in the scene, when really it was a scene at the Fire Dept.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DancedWithWolves
This is horrifying

Facebook has pulled the profile of Ryan Lanza. Here are the photos from the Facebook page prior to it being pulled.
I have not been able to confirm beyond a doubt that this is the suspected shooter, although several major news organizations are reporting the same identity.

edit on 14-12-2012 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

That's his (the shooters) brother who was also posting on FB that it wasn't him.

Apparently the shooter is or was developmentally disabled although of course that's no excuse for anything.

edit on 14-12-2012 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I still have not found any info relating an Adam Lanza to Nancy and Peter Lanza, just Ryan.
Where was Adam Lanza living?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by starviego

Originally posted by GrantedBail
Feds were involved from the beginning according to what I read. They have the tools and jurisdiction from my understanding.

Why would the feds have jurisdiction? What tools do they have that the local cops don't? Do you have a link to the FBI/BATF being there? Anyway federal involvement is always a sign that this is a covert op.

I am in the UK,and Sky news here reported video feed of tactical/swat types,with green tags clearly saying "FBI"
There were also cops/agents with the word "narcotics" on the back of vests.

Check UK sky news website for vids.

This whole thing is evil.
I still feel sick to my bones,from the other side of the pond here.
I wish there was a way to prevent this from happening ever again.
But I know thats not realistic.
We are a flawed species indeed.

link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Originally posted by MidnightTide

I knew about this shooting earlier in the thread, but I went out to go see The Hobbit and when it finished and I was driving home and I heard 20 children dead a cold chill went through my body.

Not #ing right at all, for awhile I have been saying that our civilization is in decline and this just puts the final nail in the coffin for me.

For me, the final nail went into the coffin at the exact moment I realized that you thought 'The Hobbit' was worth mentioning.

link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

No Newtown police on the first call notifiyed the people they needed to ..State Troopers ..mutual aid SWAT teams like from my town...K9..ATF....FBI... no conspirisy here

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
An absolute tragedy.
Gun control will have to be implemented.
In Australia there is strict laws but Sydney this year has had approx ninety shootings this year alone.
The criminals end up the only ones with semi automatic weapons.
But we have to be honest it is probably too easy for young people in the USA to get accesss to semi auto weapons.
Perhaps an age limit of 30 years old may help to own a gun in America.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Law enforcement official: One person injured in Connecticut school shooting, did survive

Maybe this survivor will someday be able to give us the real story behind this tragedy.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shockedonlooker
Just heard on Cavuto that shooter's Mom was employed at school and his girlfriend is "missing"

Listening to these reports is getting frustrating, so much for knowing facts before they even say anything!

They were saying Ryan Lanza's gf was missing.
But, he is not the shooter so why would his gf be missing?

How did Ryan not know his mother was killed or father?
Why would he be fixing his fb page instead of realizing that his family had been murdered?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
LT Vance just said at the 5:00pm news conference THEY HAVE NOT IDENTIFIED THE SHOOTER. So it could still be either brother.....

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

I think everyone should take a minute to stop posting, and have a little bit of personal silence for the children who have lost their innocence today. For the victims who were shot. And the victims who were forced to witness it all happen.
SO much innocence gone in one broad stroke. Sad day to be alive.

OH BARF!

SILENCE will not bring these children back or SAVE any children in the future! This is NOT the time to be SILENT but to get to the bottom of WHY this happened and correct it. NOW!

As for this is a 'sad day to be alive'? Wow, I hope none of the parents with dead children can hear that remark. 27 or more dead?
I say that makes it a GREAT day to be alive and to rejoice in being alive knowing we are able to stand up and make sure nothing like this ever happens again. Not go all soapy soft mourning we’re still breathing!

Gawds I'm sick to death of milk-sop sentimentality that amounts to NOTHING in the end.

What we NEED it to STOP being SILENT and GET OUT THERE AND DO SOMETHING! STAND UP and RIGHT what’s WRONG! Actively take a STAND and put and end to the demolition and degradation of society, the family, morals and quit sucking our thumbs in the corner being 'silent'!

peace
edit on 14-12-2012 by silo13 because: my bold fix

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42  43 >>

join