It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

This is a real shame, how can someone can do something like this. The first i head of this was on Sky News and Obama was tearful (respect). It has actually upset me too and i never get upset at stuff like this.

My thoughts and prayers go out to all the families involved.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

I don't think it can. There is nothing at all rational about it. Never really is, it's very hard to accept it, but the world and nature are very irrational sometimes. Clashes with the way our mind works, and how we are taught to look at the world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
CNN no longer identifying CT school shooting suspect as Ryan Lanza

[Just in] Gadsden School District in New Mexico on lockdown, connected with school shooting in Connecticut

NBC news is reporting that the shooter may have been carrying his older brother's ID.

Gadsden on Lockdown only precautionary, Good Training exercise.

Gadsden Article

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by nighthawk1954

my daughter was watching she was like well hes a[snip]
edit on 14-12-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Listen up and listen well

20 kids are dead. 6 Adults are dead. This is an emotive subject.

BUT.

This is also ATS. So if you are struggling to be civil or - god forbid - you simply want to come into this thread and mess about I suggest you think again.

Discuss the topic, not each other. This is the only warning that will be afforded.
edit on 14/12/12 by neformore because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
I was having a very good day, until i heard this.
So sad it hurts.
Rest in peace beautiful angels...

Seriously, how can this be rationally explained ?

It cannot be rationally explained... Thinking about this all morning. Society is really falling apart and its so far past the "issues" being presented that it isnt funny. Things are so far past "out of control" with our Government, our World and Ourselves. There is no fixing this- This genie is out of the bottle and this is now a part of our lives. Next time someone will try to "top" this and eventually will- Bigger numbers, more brutality, better ratings and notoriety.

[Snip]

As society unravels, privacy erodes, the "powers that be" crack down. morals decline (look at Television), taxes rise and the standard of living plummets- This is going to get more commonplace and the effect will snowball into more of the same.

-There is no turning back from this- Its the "new" reality.
edit on 14/12/12 by JAK because: Gun control commentary removed - we don't want to open that can of worms here at the moment, the topic would just end up derailed into tit-for-tat.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
ok this comment came off in a way unintended, i removed to not offend or enrage anybody, i have a daughter in kindergarten, so this story is really f'in with my head,

my apologies
edit on 14-12-2012 by DIRTYDONKEY because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I have been saying in nearly every thread about this, that they were going to INCREASE this. I am sickened to my stomach that they would use innocent children. Sick.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Our Military has drones and spends billions on killing people in lands far away. Yet we can't afford security cameras at our schools... Much of the guesswork could be removed from so many problems with a simple security room of say the same quality as Walmart.....

I am not in favor of a ton of in your face security at schools. I am in favor of a tactically trained, well armed, security guard or two in a security room with tons of cameras on recorders. WTF are we thinking?

In my opinion we should protect our children with a bit of the money we are spending on killing other peoples......
Sorry that comment goes back to the 400,000 kids killed in Afghanistan.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
Regarding the one shooter/two shooter theory;

I Was Channel 3 Eyewitness News Livestream, and the reporter said that eye witness accounts saw someone comming out of/going into the woods, wearing camo pants, and according to the reports the shooter was also wearing camo pants.
edit on 14-12-2012 by anon4m05 because: (no reason given)

So where was the "other" shooter found dead?? (official story shooter)

I havn't been following this at all, as soon as I started seeing the reports of the dead, I had to go cry. I'm better now.

If there is some weird cover up going, wouldn't that mean a lot of cops know what actually happened? Why are cops never speaking out?
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I Was Channel 3 Eyewitness News Livestream, and the reporter said that eye witness accounts saw someone comming out of/going into the woods, wearing camo pants, and according to the reports the shooter was also wearing camo pants.

Have you seen the photos of the million cops - many wearing camo - all carrying M4's or Ar 15s?
It would be easy to get confused.
This is so horrible.
I find the number of dead to wounded shockingly high though,
Statistics like that mean something.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Have you seen the photos of the million cops - many wearing camo - all carrying M4's or Ar 15s?
It would be easy to get confused.
This is so horrible.
I find the number of dead to wounded shockingly high though,
Statistics like that mean something.

But what happened to the guy who was in the police car? who was in the woods.. Wouldn't this be the same guy?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by DIRTYDONKEY
despite the saying "you can't handle the truth" i have to ask if any one can confirm they were killed execution style? im really hoping it was error in reporting to at least ease my mind a little bit given the situation.

this nutjob walked into his mother's kindergarten classroom and gunned down 20 or so children. they were killed execution style. As to whether, or not, he lined them up and shot them one at a time, does it really matter. they were executed. young lives snuffed out for no rational reason.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

Dusty nothing personal but your signature line "Be Merry" seems incredibly out of place here. I am a hard guy and have witnessed much tragedy in my life, many dead people. This kind of thing happening to children is simply a bit much for me.

We have lost it in this world.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL
reply to post by nighthawk1954

Sending some love that way, that is a #ty thing at any time, probably extra #ty this close to the holidays
[/quote

edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thunder heart woman
I have been saying in nearly every thread about this, that they were going to INCREASE this. I am sickened to my stomach that they would use innocent children. Sick.

Who is "they"? Surely, you aren't blaming the government. Doing so is almost as sick as the guy doing the shooting. You are excusing him and placing the blame somewhere other than in the hands of the guilty individual that did this. I've said it a million times here...not everything is a conspiracy theory.

Blame the pussification of our kids, that leaves them emotionally fragile and they lash out because they can't deal with failures that past generations took in stride. This is the result. Blame parenting, political correctness and sympathetic pansies who provide excuses for douchebags like this guy.
edit on 14-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-12-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

link   
Saying this with tears in my eyes ..I call the people of Trumbull and Newtown and any place else in the world to light a candle tonight and pray for the families in Newtown.

In Trumbull...There will be a gathering tonight at 7:00 PM on the Town Hall Green for the tragedy that took place in Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown.
edit on 14-12-2012 by nighthawk1954 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Mamatus
reply to post by Dustytoad

Dusty nothing personal but your signature line "Be Merry" seems incredibly out of place here. I am a hard guy and have witnessed much tragedy in my life, many dead people. This kind of thing happening to children is simply a bit much for me.

We have lost it in this world.

Sorry

Yea it was my christmas signature.. I noticed as I was posting.. It's gone now.. I only just now came back, almost threw up earlier.. I'm kind of an emotional type, even though I was in the Army, and can be hard too.
edit on 12/14/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dustytoad

So where was the "other" shooter found dead??

I havn't been following this at all, as soon as I started seeing the reports of the dead, I had to go cry. I'm better now.

If there is some weird cover up going, wouldn't that mean a lot of cops know what actually happened? Why are cops never speaking out?

Doesnt look like a cover up- looks like "Journalism" standards have slipped to the point of exploitation and trying to 1 up their competition who then repeats their report.

Some of these shootings may be staged but after the media runs with it and essentially "glorifies" the event even going so far as to state on air "This is record for an elementary school shooting only surpassed by Virginia tech"- about a dozen times- Sick individuals with no compassion and problems in their lives (many times feeling powerless over their lives) see an opportunity to easily get "fame", "notoriety", and have power (if only for a minute) and plus revenge upon a World which may or may not be valid but is perceived.

The Romanticize and fantasize and then continue to watch these events play out on national media - Even the President will speak out...And then eventually they act.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Mamatus

Yet we can't afford security cameras at our schools... Much of the guesswork could be removed from so many problems with a simple security room of say the same quality as Walmart.....

What part of security cameras are only good ‘AFTER THE FACT' didn’t you get?
A gun in the hands of the teacher who‘s trained to use it?
Done deal - right then - right now - live time - not a child lost waiting for the ‘security’.

Do I advocate cameras in the classroom. NO! But that’s for another thread.

Prayers and tears for the families of those effected.

peace

new topics

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join