It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News - Shooting at Newtown, Connecticut elementary school.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a vehicle is cordoned off at the scene.....it has NJ plates.

last night there was a gun man on campus at virginia tech.....he got away.
i wonder if there is any connection?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
the school website......sandy hook website

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by shaneslaughta
reply to post by flyswatter

no the person i seen was coming out of the shcool in cuffs.......just recently.
the other was wayyy earlier.
a room full of kids missing still?

My fear...the shooter went into that one classroom....I can't even type it.....

Des

Somethings weird though. If he went in, there's only 2 places they could be.. In that room, or they would be out already. How can they be "unaccounted for"???

link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

...nobody cares what color they are..not black, white poor or rich..we are saddened because they are children....it's that simple...leave it to someone to start bringing up race in such a tragedy...shame on you

link   
reply to post by KoolerKing

Restricting gun laws is not the answer!
Do you think that people who go on shooting sprees care about the damn laws?! Hell no! In fact, often times they take their own lives!

Get out of here! Damn shills.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
got this off liveleak.com

Up to 27 people, including children, have reportedly been killed after at least one gunman opened fire at an elementary school in Newton, Connecticut this morning. 4:56PM GMT 14 Dec 2012At least one gunman was reported to be dead, but reports were unclear over whether a second gunman had been involved. Witnesses reported at least 100 round being fired during the attack, with CBS News stating that at least 27 people had died. A news conference was set to be held at 6pm BST. One mother told CBS News the scene was like a "war zone". Her son had bullets whizzing by him in the school hallway, she said, until a teacher pulled him into a classroom. ABC News, quoting authorities, said two gunmen had carried out the attack. One was dead, with sources telling the network that the other was still at large. Other reports said two handguns had been found at the scene. One group of students was still unaccounted for, according to ABC, which quoted a source with a child in the school. A girl interviewed by NBC Connecticut described hearing seven loud "booms" as she was in gym class. Other children began crying and teachers moved the students to a nearby office, she said. "A police officer came in and told us to run outside and so we did," the unidentified girl said on camera. Stephen Delgiadice, whose eight-year-old daughter attends the school, said she heard two big bangs and teachers told her to get in a corner. His daughter escaped the attack unharmed. "It's alarming, especially in Newtown, Connecticut, which we always thought was the safest place in America," he said. SWAT teams were rushed to the school in the aftermath of the shooting. Danbury Hospital had received three patients from the scene, a hospital spokeswoman told NBC Connecticut. The hospital has also been placed on lockdown. The mayor of Danbury, Mark Boughton, told MSNBC: "They are very serious injuries." One child was carried from Sandy Hook Elementary School by a police officer, and the child appeared to have been wounded, the town's weekly newspaper, the Newtown Bee, said on its website. Television images showed police and ambulances at the scene, and parents rushing toward the school. Danbury Hospital, about 11 miles (18 km) west of the school, had been put on alert for possible casualties, a hospital spokesman said.

Raw Footage

link   
press conference here

live.reuters.com...
edit on 14-12-2012 by shaneslaughta because: (no reason given)

link   
I thought new jersey wasnt allowed to have guns

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Twitter is reporting that the gunman may have had ties to the school the BBC report isn't very thourough but it's a tid bit thats coming out now BBC Report

SaneThinking

link   
From State Police, LT Vance:
Confirmed information so far
Just after 9:30am, 911 call.
Entire school searched, kids and staff into staging area.
No official release of victim numbers yet, pending family notification.
Single shooter, deceased in school. Cannot release much pending search warrant activity.
Scene secured completely.

link   
reply to post by olaru12

The video games that kids interact with are depersonalizing them. Add to that drugs and even meds that take away inhibitions and it adds up to chaos as they get older. We are not the only country who's population's sanity is been compromised. It seems to be all over the world lately. Kids are learning bad things from the polarized nature of their parents.

link   
Live presser on CNN now

link   
This is terrible, especially on the heels of the mall shooting in Oregon. My suspicion wheels are turning.

link   
When people are surprised that I have no children at 47 years old I tell them all the same thing. I saw this f'ed up world coming. I never wanted to raise a child in the environment I saw developing. Just the stress of having kids in school these days would simply be too much.

It is horrible how many parents and how many lives are going to be ruined over this. How many parents around the country are going to be stressed out just having their kids in school? Used to be the wort thing a school had to worry about was a creepy van with a pervert in it.

The world is not safe, getting less safe by the day. I hope that they find a second gunman alive. I would personally volunteer to peel the skin off his body.

JAK
+5 more 
posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Please note

due to the tragically emotive nature of this story any and all pro/anti gun posts from here on will be removed immediately.

Please respect the request being made here and refrain from all such related posts and comments.
edit on 14/12/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by JAK

Please note

due to the tragically emotive nature of this story any and all pro/anti gun posts will be removed immediately.

Please respect the request being made here and refrain from all such related posts and comments.

THANK YOU!

link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

I haven't heard that yet.....I really hope it's not true.

Who could do something like this to innocent kids...if they are in kindergarden, they are only 5 years old, maybe 6.

It's breaking my heart for their parents and families.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Update:

Up to at least 26 children dead. School principal and psychologist dead. One little girl says she witnessed her teacher get gunned down right before her eyes.

My condolences to all families involved in this tragedy.

My question is if this isn't a MK ultra plot designed to enforce gun control, then what makes people like this endanger innocent lives.....including the gunmens own? There is nothing to gain and it makes no sense at all.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneslaughta

By the time I got to your link the press conference was over. Can you share what was said. Thank you.

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Neojournalist

nowhere near the oregon shooter this SOB did this in cold blood

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join