It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heh? Transgender Community Criticizes Politican's Comments On Bathroom Bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Anders wants to stop Bill C279, a private member's bill that would amend the Canadian Human Rights Act and hate crime section of the Criminal Code to include "gender identity" and "gender expression" as grounds for discrimination.

He says the bill's goal is to give transgender men access to women's washrooms, which has led it to be nicknamed the "bathroom bill" proposal.

He said it’s the duty of the House of Commons to protect children from any exposure or harm that will come from giving men this kind of access.

www.cbc.ca...

Ok so a transgender is either a male who believes himself to be a female or a female who thinks they are a male correct?
Or wants to be recognized as the opposite sex but does not think anatomy should define him/her.

Am I wrong in that understanding?
Has the word transgender evolved to mean transexual?

Is a transgender male anatomically a male?

If so then I don't get why people are angry?
What's the problem here?

Listen I am very new to this transgender topic so someone school me
and please do not start your reply with "Ok i'll school you"

What am I missing here?

Any predator could call themselves transgender.... what the hell man?????
What am I missing here?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I disagree with transgender men or women being 'granted' the right the use or have access to the opposing sex's restroom.

color me 'old-fashioned', but despite and no matter the miracles of modern science and medical advancements or capabilities, i just feel it too confusing, disorienting and downright unfair to younger individuals to properly understand or discern the 'appropriate' and necessary whys or whatfors of the situation.

Daddy/Mommy... why is that guy/girl in the ladies/mens restroom!?

that's all. nothing more. nothing less.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Common sense is indeed a super power these days. If you have a penis go into the mens restroom, if you have a vagina go in the womens restroom. IF you have a penis and think of yourself as a woman, see previous sentence. If you have a vagina and think of yourself as a man... you get the drift. Its not rocket science. The sad thing is that the minority usually are the ones who squeal the loudest and the majority are the ones who get looked over. If this trend keeps up we might have 5 or 6 different bathrooms to choose from and I don't even want to speculate how the signs on the doors will look.

Maybe I like to think of myself as a polar bear. I demand a bathroom for other human-polar bears like myself. And it damned sure better come equipped with an ice machine and dead seals.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

He said it’s the duty of the House of Commons to protect children from any exposure or harm that will come from giving men this kind of access.

Anders sent a letter and a petition to a local church, urging the pastor to distribute it.

So effectively he is saying that he believes transgered folk present a risk to children. Apparently all gay/transgendered men are somehow a danger to kids.

Seems to be he wants to label all of them sexual deviants among other colorful words. Reaching out to his church to distribute his rhetoric is sort of proof positive of that.

Do we really live in a world where it's necessary to still have seperate wash rooms for men and women?

I think adding sexual orientation to the bill of rights is nonsense. Sexual orientation is not a label, it's not something you should receive benefits for or protections from those who don't agree with you.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Yes we really live in a world where it's necessary to still have seperate wash rooms for men and women. Theres no way in hell I would pinch a loaf with a lady in the room! Not to mention that I wouldn't want to be in the lavitory when some women came in there after 'Crazy Taco Tuesday' or whatever. Mess on that!

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Now... I definitely agree with unisex restrooms, but,and yet, his apparent focus on the male side of supposed transgender cause and effect seems quite telling, if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
So effectively he is saying that he believes transgered folk present a risk to children. Apparently all gay/transgendered men are somehow a danger to kids.

He could also mean that anyone can claim to be a transgender, even predators
And I completely would agree with that

Seems to be he wants to label all of them sexual deviants among other colorful words. Reaching out to his church to distribute his rhetoric is sort of proof positive of that.

So all churches hate transgenders?
But aren't you doing the same mistake you are assuming he is doing?

Do we really live in a world where it's necessary to still have seperate wash rooms for men and women?

Personally... Yes
I think so, in my opinion at least

high school today? Look at how kids are at that age
Even grown up predators

Of course we should have seperate bathrooms

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

So the only reason is discomfort then? There's no logical reason behind your decision, it's just a matter of personal comfort.

He could also mean that anyone can claim to be a transgender, even predators
And I completely would agree with that.

So, there's no risk of a predator entering a male bathroom and endangering a child? Only transgendered males would pose this risk?

I'm a bit confused by your logic.

So all churches hate transgenders?
But aren't you doing the same mistake you are assuming he is doing?

Historically? Maybe not hate, but certainly dissaprove of...loudly to the point of sounding hatefull sometimes.

Again, the reasoning provided for not having Unisex bathrooms is a personal comfort one, and not one based in reality of any kind.

Show me stats that kids and adults are being raped by sexual predators in droves at your local walmart bathroom and maybe then you'll have a point.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   

So, there's no risk of a predator entering a male bathroom and endangering a child? Only transgendered males would pose this risk?

I'm a bit confused by your logic.

But that's the thing
This is not about transgenderism because it's not saying only transgenders pose a risk
The point is anyone can claim to be a transgender

Should we have unisex prisons too in the same cell?

EDIT: Even better question, should we allow transgender males in female cells in prison?
edit on 11-12-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

But that's the thing
This is not about transgenderism because it's not saying only transgenders pose a risk
The point is anyone can claim to be a transgender

What do you mean, he is clearly talking about the transgender issue in the article. Sure, anybody can claim to be Transgender, anybody can claim to be gay too, what's the point?

As for the prison comment, straw man. Prison and the bathroom at wal mart, are too very different places, so I won't answer the none related question.

And again, where are these at risk children, that are using public bathrooms by themselves. Where are these predators who are stalking these public bathrooms just waiting for one of them to show up?

I just have an issue with making decisions based on 'what if' scenarios, where no data is presented which shows the viability of the 'what if'.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Again, the reasoning provided for not having Unisex bathrooms is a personal comfort one, and not one based in reality of any kind.

Isn't the reasoning FOR having unisex restrooms a personal comfort one?

The transgender person would be more comfortable using the opposite sexs restroom.

Is the minorities comfort more important than the majorities?

If you are a man who feels more comfortable using the women's restroom, sorry, you should hold it until you get home. Same goes for women who feel more comfy in the men's room.
Quad

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

What do you mean, he is clearly talking about the transgender issue in the article. Sure, anybody can claim to be Transgender, anybody can claim to be gay too, what's the point?

His comment to me represents only a portion of the topic
But he could have meant what I mentioned

yes anyone can claim to be gay too, doesn't mean they will have access to the opposite sex's bathroom.

As for the prison comment, straw man. Prison and the bathroom at wal mart, are too very different places, so I won't answer the none related question.

The question is where does it end?
And I don't mean "Omg where does it endd???"
No I really mean where does it end.

And again, where are these at risk children, that are using public bathrooms by themselves. Where are these predators who are stalking these public bathrooms just waiting for one of them to show up?

But why do we have to allow ourselves to throw common sense out the window to prove a "what if"

It's like who says if everyone in a city runs through a highway naked less than 10% of them will die.
Why even test that question?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

I guess society has made me feel that a man and a woman shouldn't share the same restroom in public. I suppose privacy doesn't matter when taking a leak. I'm sorry that MOST people like it the way it is. Face it, men and woman are different. Theres no way around it.

Seriously though, all I see here is a small minority of people wanting to change things for everyone. Which I don't really agree with. So.. discomfort.. yea. I get a little uncomfortable when a group of people who represent 0.001% of the entire population can cry loud enough to change everyone elses lives while the rest of the population have to deal with the changes.

MOTF!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I dress up and play pretend for Halloween too but that doesn't make me a vampire.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

Just playing devil's advocate on this end. I'm for Unisex bathrooms, I think people need to get over their discomfort about what parts you have between your legs.

And I understand the concern, I just think it's founded in fear of what may happen, as opposed to what will most likely happen, which is nothing.

~Tenth

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Yes. Having been inside both, women's bathrooms are definitely nastier than male ones. I do not want that in my bathroom.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!

Seriously though, all I see here is a small minority of people wanting to change things for everyone. Which I don't really agree with. So.. discomfort.. yea. I get a little uncomfortable when a group of people who represent 0.001% of the entire population can cry loud enough to change everyone elses lives while the rest of the population have to deal with the changes.

Which in many situations nowadays, seems to be becoming more the rule as opposed to the exception.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
If you have a penis, use the men's room. If you have a vagina, use the lady's room. Don't like it, hold it till you get home. It's that simple.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What rationality is there to have a female be forced to
observe males urinating in a unisex bathroom ?
OMG some people are soooo self-absorbed in that they
don't have the mental capacity of rationalizing that
OTHERS don't want to be subjected to this; Seems that
some unrefined persons don't have a clue as to what
makes a proper lady.
Will cross-gendered males demand to compete in women's Olympic synchronized swimming ? or they will threaten
to sue too ? If anyone, I mean anyone feels uncomfortable
then there is the option of private handicapped bathrooms; pooping is NOT a spectator sport.

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
so a transgender is either a male who believes himself to
be a female or a female who thinks they are a male correct?
Or wants to be recognized as the opposite sex but does
not think anatomy should define him/her.
Any predator could call themselves transgender....
what the hell man?????
What am I missing here?

. . . cross-dressers once again is another can of worms

sexual fetishes is NOT acceptable in the general-public
domain, any more than a straight guy shopping at
wall-mart wearing only a g string.

It doesn't matter what you are, there still is a thing called
proper-etiquette that needs to be protected.

There was an incident in Toronto where a female (cross g)
insisted that a male barber cut her hair or she would
threaten to sue. He explained to her that he was not
comfortable touching women so she went for legal advise
and came to amends that yes the man had personal
rights too just as she did. All in all, it comes down to
respect and etiquette.
Would anyone take a Cadillac to a Honda dealership
for repairs ?
. . . folks need to be more rational then over reacting, lol
I hate to imagine what some of these loose-canons are
going to do come 12 -21-1220

Anders wants to stop Bill C279, seems like a rational guy,
hopes he succeeds.

edit on 11/12/12 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Show me stats that kids and adults are being raped by sexual predators

STATS

Study after nationwide study (3) has yielded estimates of male homosexuality that range between 1% and 3%. The proportion of lesbians in these studies is almost always lower, usually about half that of gays. So, overall, perhaps 2% of adults regularly indulge in homosexuality. Yet they account for between 20% to 40% of all molestations of children. Child molestation is not to be taken lightly. Officials at a facility which serves about 1,500 runaway youngsters each year estimate that about half of the boys have been homosexually abused and 90% of the girls heterosexually assaulted. (27) Investigation of those suffering severe chronic mental illness implicates child molestation as a primary cause (45% of Bigras et al’s (28) patients were homosexually abused). If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. Not every homosexual is a child molester. But enough gays do molest children so that the risk of a homosexual molesting a child is 10 to 20 times greater than that of a heterosexual.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join