It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeniable Proof & Disclosure

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Does comets hold the building blocks of life?

Do comets have h20 among other chemicals for harboring life?

Do solar systems and galaxies start out as bursting balls of energy?

Would a comet be a piece of a planetary body ie planet or moon hurling through space?

Since everything is created by exploding stars the answer is yes. Comets are broken pieces of planetary bodies that had life and water.

Science told us this. Now did the Earth get bombarded early in it's life by comets?

Panspermia! If that's the case then the universe is teaming with extra terrestrials. And if that's the case WE are et's.

Thank you and good night.

So we been told and yet many still hold onto schizophrenic beliefs.
edit on 11-12-2012 by DeadLights because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DeadLights

Whoa!!!!!!!!!

You just blew my mind dude, Ive never thought of it like that before.

They say water came to earth via comets and asteroids so water must be everywhere, Water is one of the things they say is necessary for life that we would recognise!!!!

S&F

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

They tell us all the time no one pays attention to what they are being told. The minute they say life and water in space people are waiting for the dis-info agent to tell us it hasn't been proven and all the nonsense that does NOT fit in with the rest of the show.

edit on 11-12-2012 by metalholic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

The process by which comets form is called accretion.

Individual atoms and molecules are swept up from space and slowly they build up the bulk of the comet.

This explains their low density.

Comets aren't cleaved whole off some smashed snow-planet.

edit on 11/12/2012 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Popping up and just saying there's LIFE somewhere, anywhere, everywhere in the Universe is like telling a homeless hobo that the Sultan of Brunei has $20 Billion.
Is it going to do anyone any good at all that someone somewhere else has $$$ you'll never see?

It doesn't matter if the whole universe is absolutely swimming with life if we can't observe, detect it, communicate with it or anything else.

Invisible aliens are worthless and may as well not exist.

Water is not a rare thing in the universe.
Water is all over the place.
Largest known water reserve in Universe

Thus, life elsewhere is entirely possible, but, irrelevant so long as it's impossible to detect even the faitest hint of a sign of them.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i love how every one assumes water is necessary everywhere for life. shows how closed minded people are....smh

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Ummm your title says undeniable proof and disclosure. Your opening post is a bunch of questions about the cosmos. Wheres your proof and what have you heard re disclosure?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61560

Wow OP what a let down. Where is your undeniable proof and disclosure? This thread has zero to do with either. Shut it down.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
First of all, the fact that comet (or asteroids or what have you) might carry H2O, no matter how they originated, does not equate to "life." It takes more than water to make life. Secondly, we're made out of star-stuff anyway. The atoms that make up our bodies were formed in the crucible of stars; they did not originate on Earth. so the fact that we are built out of star-stuff anyway trumps the water idea. Third, I don't know anybody anywhere who denies there's life elsewhere. It's pretty much a statistical given. The idea that some people do not believe there is life elsewhere is usually a straw-man argument used to prop up the person who claims such. To everyone else, it's not really an issue.

But when you read something like: "Undeniable Proof and Disclosure" what do you think of? "Disclosure" has come to mean the idea that our governments should disclose what they know about UFOs. "Disclosure" refers to governments. Some people may allow a very broad sense of the term in that of aliens landed on the White House lawn, thye might claim that is sufficient disclosure, but normally this is reserved for the Exo-politics crowd railing against the government, holding hearings of their own, demanding that Congress hold hearings, etc. That's what "The Disclosure Project" is all about: Greer and Bassett against the Shadow Government.

So to use: "Undeniable Proof & Disclosure" as a title to a thread and then fill it with a rather short and banal description of nothing particularly useful, is a baiting technique that is really unappreciated.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic

They tell us all the time no one pays attention to what they are being told. The minute they say life and water in space people are waiting for the dis-info agent to tell us it hasn't been proven and all the nonsense that does NOT fit in with the rest of the show.

I have no idea what you are talking about because science already tells us that comets carry organic materials and water. That's not a secret.

Comets are ancient bodies with an abundance of ice, some of which formed a few tens of degrees above absolute zero at the edge of the solar system, we now know that comets are really a mix of materials made

It's also no secret that comets hold organic materials that are the building blocks of life, such as amino acids:

Stardust also had variety of other surprises. One of the most unexpected was the 2009 discovery of the amino acid glycine by a team of scientists from the Goddard Space Flight center. While perhaps not totally unexpected that a comet would contain amino acids it was unexpected that this molecule could be detected in the tiny particles that were collected at such high speed (six times the speed of a rifle bullet!). It was quite a technical triumph to develop the methods that made the detection possible and incorporated the use of isotopic composition to prove the glycine was not a contaminant from our own planet. The significance of this discovery is that comets must have delivered at least one amino acid to our planet before it had life. Because most stars have comets it suggests that all Earth-like planets obtain important pre-biotic molecules from space.
Source

So the idea that science is hiding the fact that comets contain water ice and the building blocks of life is far from the truth. It is quite common knowledge that comets have water and organics. Many scientists think most of the water on earth came from comets impacts long ago -- and other scientists feel that those building blocks of life (although not necessarily "life itself") also came from comets.

...so, again, I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that this is some sort of secret knowledge that "TPTB" are trying to deny.

edit on 12/11/2012 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Exactly.

I get so sick when I read that NASA or/and any other so called Research Agency, tell us that life is impossible without oxygen and carbonate etc. Who says life must contain this elements in order to survive? Why can't life be based on any other element? I mean, we find all kinds of living microorganisms in a places where we never thought life is possible...

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014
Exactly.

I get so sick when I read that NASA or/and any other so called Research Agency, tell us that life is impossible without oxygen and carbonate etc. Who says life must contain this elements in order to survive? Why can't life be based on any other element? I mean, we find all kinds of living microorganisms in a places where we never thought life is possible...

It's a fallacy that NASA says life is "impossible" without oxygen, carbon, or water.

NASA very well knows that other "unknown" forms of life could exist. However, being able to recognize some so foreign as "life" may be difficult for them. They understand our earth life (i.e., "Life as we know it") well enough to be able to recognize it elsewhere, and will be able to spot it when they see it. However, "life as we DON'T know it" could be much harder for us to find.

Having said that, NASA is looking into possible other types of life. They arfe researching how non-carbon based life can exists, and they are looking at how life can exist in methane instead of water -- such as on Saturn's Moon Titan. NASA sees Titan as a very interesting place to look for life -- but that life could live in and use methane.

here are two references by NASA on how life may exist without water:
What is Consuming Hydrogen and Acetylene on Titan?
NASA Astrobiology Institute: Life Without Water

Also, Chris McKay, who is one of NASA's top researchers in ET life, has often discussed "Life as we don't know it". He certainly understands that not all life will be Earth-like. Like I said, it is a fallacy to say that NASA feels that non-earth-like life is impossible. They are actively studying the possibility.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soylent Green Is People

Originally posted by metalholic

I have no idea what you are talking about because science already tells us that comets carry organic materials and water. That's not a secret.

Comets are ancient bodies with an abundance of ice, some of which formed a few tens of degrees above absolute zero at the edge of the solar system, we now know that comets are really a mix of materials made

It's also no secret that comets hold organic materials that are the building blocks of life, such as amino acids:

Stardust also had variety of other surprises. One of the most unexpected was the 2009 discovery of the amino acid glycine by a team of scientists from the Goddard Space Flight center. While perhaps not totally unexpected that a comet would contain amino acids it was unexpected that this molecule could be detected in the tiny particles that were collected at such high speed (six times the speed of a rifle bullet!). It was quite a technical triumph to develop the methods that made the detection possible and incorporated the use of isotopic composition to prove the glycine was not a contaminant from our own planet. The significance of this discovery is that comets must have delivered at least one amino acid to our planet before it had life. Because most stars have comets it suggests that all Earth-like planets obtain important pre-biotic molecules from space.
Source

So the idea that science is hiding the fact that comets contain water ice and the building blocks of life is far from the truth. It is quite common knowledge that comets have water and organics. Many scientists think most of the water on earth came from comets impacts long ago -- and other scientists feel that those building blocks of life (although not necessarily "life itself") also came from comets.

...so, again, I'm not sure where you are getting the idea that this is some sort of secret knowledge that "TPTB" are trying to deny.

Everyone do me a favor and read the above quouted responses word for word. Please make sure you know what your talking about before you reply with something that is eaxctly what I said. While trying to maintain a distance between me and your reply.

Because all your doing is taking my stars from me. By saying exactly most of what I was saying. While denying that you infact will say you believe in science yet go into other threads and say aliens don't exist and theres no proff.

YET comets prove it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

The process by which comets form is called accretion.

Individual atoms and molecules are swept up from space and slowly they build up the bulk of the comet.

This explains their low density.

Thank you for acknowledging what the op said in that life exists all ever the cosmos. Because space dust is still the aftermath after a star explodes and in fact it collaborates into a plenetary body called a comet.

Now tell me how common comets are in the cosmos can you do that or have I already said that?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I know it's hard to put your sunglasses on. But you have no choice cause either you will do it willingly or the universe is gonna force them on you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Comets may not carry life just some of the building blocks so that doesn't mean the universe is teaming with life it just means it maybe.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

If you're here for stars, you're here for the wrong reason.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by chr0naut

I was wondering if it had to be snow covered?

Could it have mountains in random places?

Could it just have water with no frozen snow at all?

Does it matter how the h20 got in the ball?

Fact is it could just be atmospheric gas that was frozen and ended up apart of some piece of rock.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

Popping up and just saying there's LIFE somewhere, anywhere, everywhere in the Universe is like telling a homeless hobo that the Sultan of Brunei has $20 Billion.
Is it going to do anyone any good at all that someone somewhere else has $$$ you'll never see?

It doesn't matter if the whole universe is absolutely swimming with life if we can't observe, detect it, communicate with it or anything else.

Invisible aliens are worthless and may as well not exist.

Water is not a rare thing in the universe.
Water is all over the place.
Largest known water reserve in Universe

Thus, life elsewhere is entirely possible, but, irrelevant so long as it's impossible to detect even the faitest hint of a sign of them.

I don't think you got the memo. We are the aliens. Building blocks for life came from outer space. If you wanna go creationism the creator/creators came from space. If you wanna go evolution. See comet facts.

Space!!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join