It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 people smoking in car with toddler in the back seat.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Well then.

How about we just acknowledge that we are not going to agree.

And not try to force others to conform to our respective views? Or would that be too unreasonable?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I'm amazed the OP was given any flak for this rant. It pisses me off whenever I see someone smoking in their car with a kid. I'm all for personal liberties, but needlessly exposing a child to the filth in a cigarette shouldn't be one of them. I don't like it when I'm driving and my passenger smokes, even if I am.

Smoking is nasty, and with that I'm going to go enjoy one on my deck.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon
reply to post by newcovenant

I get all bothered when I have no control over others as well.

If that bothered me I would be bothered all the time since we never have control over others. I get mad when I see people abusing children. It's a thing.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth

Yeah, a child squirming in his seat? That never happens! Why don't you quit trying to "save" everyone else and worry about yourself. Maybe try keeping your eyes on the road and your nose out of other people's business.

I saw the kid in my rear view. I don't need saving no body is abusing me...well not counting you. And you I can handle.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth

Yeah, a child squirming in his seat? That never happens! Why don't you quit trying to "save" everyone else and worry about yourself. Maybe try keeping your eyes on the road and your nose out of other people's business.

You get to post already? I got a feeling "they" are going to be rethinking that real soon. Welcome aboard! Thought I'd get that in before you vanish.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It is highly unlikely you are allergic to cigarette smoke.

You have weak lungs.

This is occurring more and more since humans stopped burning so much wood to heat their homes and even more since the crack down on smoking.

Smoke is smoke, there is no practical difference between wood smoke and cigarette smoke.

Humans lungs have become more sensitive to everything over the past 60 years or so. This is observable by the drastic increase of asthma and other respiratory diseases and illnesses.

I come from a family of very heavy smokers, I have smoked 2+ packs a day for the last 15 years. I can guarantee you that I can run faster and longer than 99% of the Earths population. I am also not allergic to anything.

Why should I be inconvenienced because you are an inferior specimen of human being?

You think human lungs are getting weaker because we are not sucking down a campfire?

Back to the holler with ya coal boy.
I am going to take the whole post as a joke.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

If that bothered me I would be bothered all the time since we never have control over others. I get mad when I see people abusing children. It's a thing.

No. you made a rant about wanting to enact a new law because you got angry over your lack of control over your fellow human beings.

You have no power over another person or another person's children. You simply hide your authoritarian attitude behind a guise of "protecting the children," but such has been the tactic of the majority of despots on planet Earth.

We are imprisoned by the "compassion" of those who know what is best for us and our children.

Here's a super cool idea: mind your own #!$%&*^ business.

Have kids? Sweet, they are your business. Other people's children? Leave them be.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LewsTherinThelamon

Exactly. Everyone needs to stop worrying about what everyone else is doing.

I think the OP missed what I did there with those 2 posts.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

No. you made a rant about wanting to enact a new law because you got angry over your lack of control over your fellow human beings.

You have no power over another person or another person's children. You simply hide your authoritarian attitude behind a guise of "protecting the children," but such has been the tactic of the majority of despots on planet Earth.

We are imprisoned by the "compassion" of those who know what is best for us and our children.

Here's a super cool idea: mind your own #!$%&*^ business.

Have kids? Sweet, they are your business. Other people's children? Leave them be.

I forgive you for misunderstanding of course but wonder how you come up with this stuff?

That certainly is an active imagination you have....
I am guessing this is the result of a Nicotine Patch.
They will make you hallucinate.

Are you a smoker or working for the cigarette lobby?
Don't lie now since your affiliations are obvious.

And I am giving you credit where it might not be deserved because the only other explanation for you promoting "the kiddie smokeout" is you are reprehensible and unconscionable human being, thoroughly lacking common sense and empathy for innocent children. You sound like a walking health hazard and probably should be sent off alone on an ice flow somewhere so you don't hurt anyone or damage any more children with your opinions on how their parents should be permitted to raise them, which suck btw. We don't allow animal abuse...why should we allow abuse of children? Oh yeah ...we don't.

If you have a problem with my rant why not start your own?
Or do you lack initiative and conviction and are more content bullying others from a non committal position of ignorance? If so - that's ok. Cuz I am a liberal and believe people should do whatever they want to, including smoke in their cars...but they should not harm children in the process.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   

The OP has been away for a couple of days. I hadn't even read it yet.
Thermometer guy was in my mailbox...I will have to read through and give you a special reply
but right now I am going to have a little lunch. Anybody want half a steak sandwich?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AmberLeaf
My parents used to smoke in the car when i was a kid, and there are no detrimental effects on my health.
Smokers smoke, i think people just have to get over it.

You inhale all sorts of nasty toxic filth as soon as you go outside your front door. You eat all kinds of vile poisonous filth without a second look. Life is toxic, you are born to die.

Do you think there are any EXTREMES this might be taken to?

Be honest....lol

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yes, so totally did. Why not offer an outline?

posted on Dec, 14 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Anyone else a kid that lived in a house with a person who smoked and did it while they drove too?

I HATED it. And of course they started the ban when I moved away at 16.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join