It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 people smoking in car with toddler in the back seat.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Cars Due to the small interior space of a car, an increased concentration of toxic secondhand smoke can be produced quickly.

That’s why some states – including California, Louisiana, and Arkansas – have already passed laws banning smoking in cars with children present.www.smokefreewashington.com...

Unfortunately in this case - I was driving in FL

Driving down US 1, headed into Stuart FL and following this car on the highway. I noticed the passengers were smoking because they had their windows cracked and were hanging cigarettes out which I guess I have to figure is some consideration - sure that some smokers don't even open a window - anyway getting in front of them, I noticed a third person in the back seat of this junker smoking too. We stopped for a light and I was wondering how they could stand being in that car with all that smoke when I saw a small head of a child, around 2 or 3 years old, squirming and trying to lift out of the harness or whatever they had him or her in the back seat with. I was feeling sorry for the kid, and sorry I couldn't report the driver for anything. It was a pretty helpless feeling overall.
I guess that's why this rant was needed.

Ontario has joined British Columbia and Nova Scotia

Ontario has joined British Columbia and Nova Scotia in banning smoking in vehicles carrying kids under the age of 16. The offense carries a maximum fine of $250. Critics of the ban argue that this is just another step towards banning smoking in private residences but the Government claims it has no plans under consideration. While Ontario has introduced controversial laws in the past, most are supportive of this one as it is hard to argue against it.

Melborne Smoking banned in cars with kids

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

I get all bothered when I have no control over others as well.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Each to their own but people should be smart enough to know what that smoke is doing to their children.. The question is when is this going to be a factor when it comes to ones home? I heard something about it a couple of years back but it has disappeared.. Maybe the scrapped it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
With the amount of rubbish in our food and water I see smoking a healthy living now

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Yeah, a child squirming in his seat? That never happens! Why don't you quit trying to "save" everyone else and worry about yourself. Maybe try keeping your eyes on the road and your nose out of other people's business.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
I wish this law was established when I was a kid. I remember long car rides with my Dad and Stepmom chain smoking with 1 window open a crack. Couldnt breathe and was really unpleasant.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
And poisoning the water supply is somehow OK?

It would be one thing if these people rolled the windows down, by the way. All the way down.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
My parents used to smoke in the car when i was a kid, and there are no detrimental effects on my health.
Smokers smoke, i think people just have to get over it.

You inhale all sorts of nasty toxic filth as soon as you go outside your front door. You eat all kinds of vile poisonous filth without a second look. Life is toxic, you are born to die.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Cars Due to the small interior space of a car, an increased concentration of toxic secondhand smoke can be produced quickly.

That’s why some states – including California, Louisiana, and Arkansas – have already passed laws banning smoking in cars with children present.www.smokefreewashington.com...

Unfortunately in this case - I was driving in FL

Driving down US 1, headed into Stuart FL and following this car on the highway. I noticed the passengers were smoking because they had their windows cracked and were hanging cigarettes out which I guess I have to figure is some consideration - sure that some smokers don't even open a window - anyway getting in front of them, I noticed a third person in the back seat of this junker smoking too. We stopped for a light and I was wondering how they could stand being in that car with all that smoke when I saw a small head of a child, around 2 or 3 years old, squirming and trying to lift out of the harness or whatever they had him or her in the back seat with. I was feeling sorry for the kid, and sorry I couldn't report the driver for anything. It was a pretty helpless feeling overall.
I guess that's why this rant was needed.

Ontario has joined British Columbia and Nova Scotia

Ontario has joined British Columbia and Nova Scotia in banning smoking in vehicles carrying kids under the age of 16. The offense carries a maximum fine of $250. Critics of the ban argue that this is just another step towards banning smoking in private residences but the Government claims it has no plans under consideration. While Ontario has introduced controversial laws in the past, most are supportive of this one as it is hard to argue against it.

Melborne Smoking banned in cars with kids

Parks
Around Washington state, many local communities have made public parks smoke-free. Parks are natural places to seek no-smoking rules, as they are community centers where people gather to enjoy the benefits of "clean and healthy" air.
With lashings and lashings of chem trails, clean air dont make me laugh, I smoke and it makes me cough all the crap out that I has taken in during my walk in the fresh air, and if you think its fresh air your breathing blow your nose the next time you get in the house and see the crap you breathed in.
Do some research into smoking and learn the truth, such as how the link with cancer and smoking was fabricated to try and damage cubas cigar trade. when I reach my 20 posts and can start a thread Im going to give links to everything smokers die early they say in 2010 the 10 oldest people in the world were smokers. Cancer research and the anti smoking lobby is all about cash and lies.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Def Youth

Yeah, a child squirming in his seat? That never happens! Why don't you quit trying to "save" everyone else and worry about yourself. Maybe try keeping your eyes on the road and your nose out of other people's business.

Glad to see you're a sick individual who doesn't recognize a toxic substance that damages the delicate structure of a child when you see it.

Go back to hell and enjoy the ride.

Your spouting of 'personal freedoms' cease when a child who has no say is involved.

You make me want to puke.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think smoking around a child is bad myself but that is something I dont do it is none of my business what other people do. What gets me is you say your driving down the interstate and instead of paying attention to the road you are being nosy and yearning for control over another persons life do you really want a nanny state that bad. O right its already here and people like you helped it happen. Its even wrong to punish your child now thats part of whats wrong with children today.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Unrealised

As for you thats pretty sad of a thing to say. So the government can do whatever they want to your children but you should go to hell if you smoke around them? Children have it alot better than they used to hell disabled and deformed children used to be killed now everyones like o so cute lets press the like button. Do you give your children soda, sugar, hmmm maybe fast food its just as bad. Dont point out and try to destroy others if you cant see your own flaws.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by darknull
reply to post by Unrealised

As for you thats pretty sad of a thing to say. So the government can do whatever they want to your children but you should go to hell if you smoke around them? Children have it alot better than they used to hell disabled and deformed children used to be killed now everyones like o so cute lets press the like button. Do you give your children soda, sugar, hmmm maybe fast food its just as bad. Dont point out and try to destroy others if you cant see your own flaws.

No.

My kids have been taught from a young age that crap food is bad for your health.

I made it a point, as did my wife, that we educate our kids much better than we were educated at their age.

Plus, we live in Australia, which is far away from your obese-kingdom of fail.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Its not illegal and while i do not personally agree with such actions i will point out that if they open a window while in traffic then the kid is breathing in a whole lot worse than second hand smoke!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
Though I would personally never smoke around any child of mine that I could ever have especially in a car, how is that up to you? You're not this child's parent, you're just a stranger driving past. Why care about a child that you know nothing about? That and newsflash: Babies squirm, it's what they do. They don't like the restraint of the car seat, most babies want to go, go ,go !

The only situation to get excited is if a pregnant woman is smoking and she is clearly pregnant and not just overweight. I become appalled whenever I see a pregnant woman smoking personally.

And no, I'm not putting forth the "butt out" side of this because I'm a smoker, I honestly hate cigarettes. They stink, are expensive, and two of my relatives have died from smoking related illnesses. Great grandma from emphysema and my grandfather just last year from leukemia.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I love the whole obese nation thing I live in an area were you would think it would be a bunch of fat mountain people but really Ive only met one or two obese people out of thousands that live around here. Any ways people arent perfect and you have no control over others learn a little about that dont be so condescending. On a final note if you believe in hell are you really wishing that on another person. If so wouldnt that be cursing them and isnt that a sin if im not correct just let me know.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Yeah i'm glad my state is banning smoking in cars with kids. Smoking should be banned everywhere permanantly, filthy habit that kills millions a year. It wouldn't hurt my feelings one bit to be able to breathe clean air. I'm allergic to cigarette smoke and everyone in my family smokes except my brother and i because we both share that allergy, our throats swell up and get sore when were forced to breathe cigarette smoke and we can only tolerate it for a couple of hours until our family runs us out for lack of being able to breathe.

I'm sure kids and teenagers of parents who are smokers would love being able to go to school without stinking as is they smoked a carton before they go to school everyday, and get made fun of less. My 16 year old neice would tie into her mother (my sister) on a daily basis because she got tired of going to school stinking of cigarrettes and having to smother it in perfume which didn't really help because cigarette smoke gets in your clothes and hair and is impossible to get out without showering and washing.
edit on 11-12-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Smoking in cars with kids should be banned

i smoked for many years, as did my other half, when she fell pregnant with our first kid she gave up, i didnt but would never smoke around them, not outside, not in the car certainly not in the house,

i have finally got to the stage where i only ever smoke when drinking and i only ever go drinking about once every two months, i am a father of two, my priorities have shifted...

there is no justification for smoking around your kids, not in the car, not in your living room, if you have choosen to smoke that is fine, i have no judgement on you as a person, however smoking around a child is disgusting and a terrible habit to be in, the child has not asked to smoke, or be around second hand smoke,

this is about choice, i see people saying about putting the window down in the car in busy traffic would be worse, first would it? would the concentration of chemicals be as high as a closed veichle with cigarette smoke? really?

and poisining water and food, you choose what food you put into your body and your childs body, it is up to you to make the right choice there, with smoking however it is not a choice for you to make, you should never smoke in the same room as your children, there is no justification for it.

to see people talk about staying out of others lives on this site is rich, between religous bashing, alien believers being ridiculed and general nastyness this site breeds, everyone is always on the moral high ground about somthing on here.

to see what are meant to be educated and open minded people doing anything other than condeming smoking in a closed veichle with children is disgusting!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

It is highly unlikely you are allergic to cigarette smoke.

You have weak lungs.

This is occurring more and more since humans stopped burning so much wood to heat their homes and even more since the crack down on smoking.

Smoke is smoke, there is no practical difference between wood smoke and cigarette smoke.

Humans lungs have become more sensitive to everything over the past 60 years or so. This is observable by the drastic increase of asthma and other respiratory diseases and illnesses.

I come from a family of very heavy smokers, I have smoked 2+ packs a day for the last 15 years. I can guarantee you that I can run faster and longer than 99% of the Earths population. I am also not allergic to anything.

Why should I be inconvenienced because you are an inferior specimen of human being?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Why should I be inconvenienced because you are an inferior specimen of human being?

Because you stink and what you do stinks and kills people by the millions. Even people who are not smokers die from your weapons of mass destruction. Burning a fire doesn't bother me at all fyi, i use a fireplace in the winter tyvm and it doesn't effect me at all. Neither do i have asthma. So i guess your inferior human brain doesn't know as much as you think. Know what happens when you ASSume?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join