It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers Called 'Fat Girls' on Restaurant Bill

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
if the waiter was truly concerned with their weight he would have refused to serve them writing fat chicks on the bill is just asking to get in crap and he deserves what he gets so much hate in this thread
where is this world heading ?

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Please, advocating bullying?

If this is what passes for bullying nowadays, then the world's in trouble.

link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I have been called worse, and is this even news worthy?

Sure, it wasn't nice of them to put that on their bill, but come on...must be a slow day on ATS,

If that was put on my bill I would be getting a few free meals out of it!

link   

Originally posted by Lifespan
Customer gets insulted for simply being who they are and everybody defends it.
I have no doubt now why the world is headed down the crapper.

So i guess you have no problem if I describe you as an idiot, right? As, thats how I see your point of view, idiocy. So that shouldnt be insulting, right?

See how that works?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Please, advocating bullying?

If this is what passes for bullying nowadays, then the world's in trouble.

The world's in trouble all right. Because the idea of common decency is now considered a bad thing. Yeah, we're in trouble.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Really, how do you know what his motives were? Were you the waiter?

No were you?

The fact that you jump to the conclusions of pure spite, shows your true thoughts on the nature of other people.

Give me a break.

You're the one who's jumping here implying the waiter was doing them a favor by insulting them. Implying there is some holier than thou higher moral justification for the insult.

Pot meet Kettle.

edit on 10-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by feelingconnected
Don't tables usually have numbers for easy identification on who ordered what? Or maybe just the places I can afford to eat at. Seriously, there is not always a need to state the obvious to customers or strangers. Maybe an apology and a free feed might be enough.

Yes tables have numbers and everyone would know them.

link   
Okay anti-fat people, replace fat with black. YOU ARE WRONG AND YOU ARE DESPICABLE.

link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
The #holes have come out of the woodwork here today.

My hope for you #holes is that someday you have some handicap or blemish and someone goes out of their way to remind you that you have a zit the size of Meteor Crater on the end of your nose, or whatever, in public in front of a bunch of people.

Dear Clueless Cruel Creepy Bitches,

Get a life.

I wonder if there is already. The bullied often becomes the bully. To use insults is no way to help someone. If I was the employer, I would want to know what happened. This guy would not be just suspended.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

So i guess you have no problem if I describe you as an idiot, right? As, thats how I see your point of view, idiocy. So that shouldnt be insulting, right?

See how that works?

see you have no actual proof though...your is just an opinion.

the girls in the diner WERE ACTUALLY FAT

see how that works?
Truth>Opinion

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Trespassing? depends on the case... from the waiter it was unnecessary.

Airlines are trying to get obesity people to buy two tickets instead of one, because they take two seats instead of one, they weight double than one.. is that also trespassing? Also this issue has caused as much of bad feelings among the obesity people as they don´t want to face the fact their weight has become a problem not only for them but also to companies which are providing commodities to the public.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
FFS people, here in Americuh they have a show on the air called The Biggest Loser that features a bunch of fat people!

That's prime time TV!
If the producers of that show were half as PC as you people claim to be they would drop the play on words and call it The Biggest Weight Loser.

Give me a freakin break. Everyone knows obesity is out of control in this country.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance

Originally posted by captaintyinknots

See how that works?

see you have no actual proof though...your is just an opinion.

the girls in the diner WERE ACTUALLY FAT

see how that works?
Truth>Opinion

There is plenty of scientific evidence that the use of insults is tied to low-iq. So yeah, there is evidence.

Care to try again?

link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

If you get upset because some random fat girls across the country are called fat, you need to turn off the tv and unplug the internet and never listen to or read another news story again.

I am not fat and I am very upset

edit on 12/10/2012 by Juggernog because: oops, typed "fag" instead of "fat" lol

link   
Hey, Jeff the waiter may be mentally challenged, but his only real mistake here was not taking it off the bill or tearing that description off, maybe Jeff was fat and didn't have a problem using the label, maybe he like fat women and used it as a term of endearment, legally nothing he did was slanderous or discriminating, stupid and insensitive maybe, but get real, no lawsuit, the first question a judge would ask is did he lie? are you fat? what is your description, pleasantly plump? He could've used BBW would that have mattered? other people trying to deliver the food may not recognize that description...either way they brought more attention to them selves, do you think anyone will see them and say yeah they sure got slammed by a lie...lmao...the restaurant will do something, but getting sued is not why...he did not say it to their faces...and even if he did it still wouldn't be slanderous, discriminating maybe, but I would not fire him, I would make sure to fire who ever trained him first.

link   
I see no problems, the girls are indeed fat!
Would the waiter have gotten in trouble if he put handsome or beautiful on the ticket if it was true?
It is not the waiters fault that the fat chicks are ashamed of what their triple cheeseburger habit has made them.
I'm fat, hell i'm old too, broken and messed up, I deal with it.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

tell it to the wind, no one cares, I have plenty of compassion and truly humane emotions towards the people I deem deserving. Some fat b*tches throwing a hissy fit about what their waiter said, and event that occurred on the completely opposite side of the country, managed to make it to my ears because those idiotic girls had nothing better to do; unequivocally shows the problem with out country, and if you want to go hold their hands, then by all means, send them money, or food. Stop wasting our times and calling us monsters. They need to grow a pair and show a little intestinal fortitude, don't cry everytime some one insults you.

LOL Dont get me wrong, inside I think we all feel a bit of disgust when we see a morbidly obese person, Im more concerned about the awful customer service.
As a paying customer you shouldnt be insulted in a restaurant.

What gets me is the vitrol with which people are responding to this.
You may not be a monster but you come across as someone completely self centered and lacking in any empathy.
How would you feel if they were your friends or even children?

Ill take a guess and say you wouldnt ever have fat friends or children

You know some of the ugliest outsides are filled with beauty that is what life has taught me. The outside is the package we are in. If we don't make an effort to look past what personally find repulsive in others that I think we are the ones losing out.
The actions and the heart of anyone should be what matters.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
It's a service industry.....it's purpose is to serve the customers.

It's purpose is not to embarrass and point out the flaws of the paying customers.

I'm sure these women are fully aware that they are not the picture perfect ideal of what women are expected to look like based on today's societal norms...It's absurd to think that what happened to them is okay.

If it is normal within the ranks of the wait staff to describe customers in a way that makes the service faster and more accomodating then, so be it.....just keep it between the staff and keep the descriptions OFF of the receipt.

Folks do not spend their money and time dining out for life choice interventions from complete strangers.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FactFactor
reply to post by xavi1000

I have been called worse, and is this even news worthy?

Sure, it wasn't nice of them to put that on their bill, but come on...must be a slow day on ATS,

If that was put on my bill I would be getting a few free meals out of it!

i'm sure if this happened to you, you would be heading back there for a free meal

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join