It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Customers Called 'Fat Girls' on Restaurant Bill

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I cant help but wonder how they describe themselves on their online dating profiles.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Don't tables usually have numbers for easy identification on who ordered what? Or maybe just the places I can afford to eat at. Seriously, there is not always a need to state the obvious to customers or strangers. Maybe an apology and a free feed might be enough.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
You know..

Screw all that. If I'm a business owner I wouldn't want some smart mouthed opinionated moron working for me insulting the customers which threatens the business and my lively hood.

Take that back to the pubescent school yards where it belongs....

I love it how so many self proclaimed supposedly "Enlightened/intellectual people" come crawling out of the woodwork and show their true nature.

Oh

Wait

But we are talking about Fat people.....!

So it's ok

Pathetic.

link   

Originally posted by wishful1gnorance
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

tell it to the wind, no one cares, I have plenty of compassion and truly humane emotions towards the people I deem deserving. Some fat b*tches throwing a hissy fit about what their waiter said, and event that occurred on the completely opposite side of the country, managed to make it to my ears because those idiotic girls had nothing better to do; unequivocally shows the problem with out country, and if you want to go hold their hands, then by all means, send them money, or food. Stop wasting our times and calling us monsters. They need to grow a pair and show a little intestinal fortitude, don't cry everytime some one insults you.

LOL Dont get me wrong, inside I think we all feel a bit of disgust when we see a morbidly obese person, Im more concerned about the awful customer service.
As a paying customer you shouldnt be insulted in a restaurant.

What gets me is the vitrol with which people are responding to this.
You may not be a monster but you come across as someone completely self centered and lacking in any empathy.
How would you feel if they were your friends or even children?

Ill take a guess and say you wouldnt ever have fat friends or children

link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Well, aren't you the benevolent M#er. It brings tears to my eyes how heartfelt your post was.

/sarcasm
edit on 12/10/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
As someone else has stated already, unless you have a medical condition, there is no excuse for obesity. It shows laziness. And laziness is a trait passed on to the younger generation. Its why we hear about childhood obesity so much. And they're saying now, that despite advances in modern medicine, for the first time the younger generation is NOT expected to outlive their parents. Why? Obesity!

If my remarks come across as insensitive, tough s---.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
The attitudes about the overweight in this thread are disgusting. I wonder how cruel some of you are to people with other disadvantages. Of course you're only cruel behind their backs, right?

So I am not seeing the problem here.. these girls are at best extremely overweight. If you happen to be blind do you want to be called "seeing challenged"? If you are deaf do you want to be called "hearing challenged". Fact is people call overweight people "fat". I would rather be called fat personally than obese. I am sorry if you are this overweight and do not expect people to notice there is something drastically wrong. Why pretend the problem does not exist? Do you think this helps those afflicted? The truth is obesity is the number one health crisis in the US and it will not get better by people pretending it does not exist.
edit on 10-12-2012 by GArnold because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
You know..

Screw all that. If I'm a business owner I wouldn't want some smart mouthed opinionated moron working for me insulting the customers which threatens the business and my lively hood.

Take that back to the pubescent school yards where it belongs....

I love it how so many self proclaimed supposedly "Enlightened/intellectual people" come crawling out of the woodwork and show their true nature.

Oh

Wait

But we are talking about Fat people.....!

So it's ok

Pathetic.

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around? These women were offended, so they knew it held a certain truth. They might go on to lose the weight and live a healthy lifestyle now.

Should we sit and let these people eat themselves into an early grave? By the way you veiw the world, we obviously should. Disgraceful.
edit on 10-12-2012 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
I have yet to figure out why this offends people...

my ex was big, and my take on being overwight is
if someone calling you fat offends you, then change it..
otherwise accept the fact that you are overweight
and be happy in life.

The one that made her the maddest at me before she
accepted her self as she was, was one day
she came to me and asked me..

"Do these pants make me look fat?"
now most guys would avoid this question at all cost,
but my response was simple and honest...
I replied. "I dont know, when you take your pants off
and stand in front of a mirror do you look fat?".

The other one she tried to pull on me was just after we
got serious, and she told me "I'm just big boned"...
to which my response was..
"Wow, you have bones in your A## cheeks?"

I think people in general need to accept and come to terms
with their bodies, either they like what they see and are happy
or its time to change it, that way things like this wont offend
anyone.
The truth should never offend, if it dose then there are bigger issues.

I think your way of looking at life is offensive. If I run into a person with big zits on their face because they clearly don't wash and I say Hey Zit Face .... it is not about coming to terms with anything it is about being a stinky human being instead of someone with a little compassion and understanding!

Especially if you are in any kind of service industry. Your employer did not hire you to insult his customers!

The truth should never be spoken to a stranger it is not your place. People are always offended and or hurt when you pick at their weak spots...NO it does not help them change.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

Well if this upset them, then maybe it will spur them into action to do something about their weight, which they obviously feel upset about. And you know what if it saves them from a heart attack or early death, I would have done the same myself.

Im so sorry,

I misunderstood your first post

Heres me thinking you were being insensitive when actually your only concern was these womens health

Ill ask you the same question I asked the other insensitive troll
If those women were your friends or children who were made to feel like that would you still have no sympathy?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21

Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around? These women were offended, so they knew it held a certain truth. They might go on to lose the weight and live a healthy lifestyle now.

Should we sit and let these people eat themselves into an early grave? By thr way you veiw the world, we obviously should. Disgraceful.

Exactly who made you arbiter of those decisions? That's a fantastic philosophy to lives ones own life by, if one so chooses. But the projection onto others? That's known as trespassing.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
As someone else has stated already, unless you have a medical condition, there is no excuse for obesity. It shows laziness. And laziness is a trait passed on to the younger generation. Its why we hear about childhood obesity so much. And they're saying now, that despite advances in modern medicine, for the first time the younger generation is NOT expected to outlive their parents. Why? Obesity!

If my remarks come across as insensitive, tough s---.

This post is so blatantly full of lies I dont even know where to begin. And you overlook the OBVIOUS problem with all of this. This wasnt some guy on the street who walked up and told them they were fat. It was a person, representing a business, doing a job that is described as customer service.

This thread is a great example of why our nation is crumbling. It has far less to do with our government, as people want to make it out to be, and far more to do with the degeneration of the individual.

Id love to see a source for your claim of children NOT outliving their parents, though, considering that statement is the exact opposite from most the scientific evidence I have seen.

If you have a problem with obesity, dont be fat. Pretty simple. To think it is your place to judge another person because they are fat, well, it just shows how thoroughly pathetic things are getting.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by IkNOwSTuff

No one has the right to make other people feel bad and thats the point you all seem to be missing

Now THAT is not fair. If these girls get upset it should be that THEY don't like the idea of being overweight and not because someone stated the obvious about them.

An insult is only an insult when the tone is insulting. The waiter used the description of fat only to easily remember which table the food went to. If he stood at the table and said, "Gawd, you people are fat!", THAT would've been an insult.

link   
en.wikipedia.org... i dont see fat people on that list unless their weight was a result of a dissability it seems they are not a protected class.

www.globalpost.com... in japan it seems at least according to this source(dont know if its credible) but it seems there is a growing effort to make being fat illegal in japan

in the uk it seems that now what the waiter did would be illegal under their discrimination laws but as far as i could find there is not law that says calling some one fat is illegal so other then (evidently) being fired i dont think they could do anything else to the waiter from a legal stand point.

www.chicagonow.com... this from chicago says its legal to not hire some one due to weight problems but it is also a blog so i make no claims of its accuracy.
as this happend in stockton ca if my memory serves me california is a at will fire state so i doubt there will be anything the fired employee could do other then look for more work

link   
The #holes have come out of the woodwork here today.

My hope for you #holes is that someday you have some handicap or blemish and someone goes out of their way to remind you that you have a zit the size of Meteor Crater on the end of your nose, or whatever, in public in front of a bunch of people.

Dear Clueless Cruel Creepy Bitches,

Get a life.

link   
well nothing wrong with telling the Truth lol

See,perfect example of people not handling the Truth.

link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

If they were related or friends of mine, of course I would feel for them. But I would help them and do all I could to help them shed the weight, if that is what they truely wanted.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by DAZ21
Is it wrong to try and get people to turn their lives around?

Get real

The waiter was not on some selfless humble crusade to save or persuade the customers.

Jeeez....

link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Never said I would have called them fat on their ticket.
I'm far too smart to risk my job over something so petty. Haha.

I'll dig up a source for ya. Give me a few.

link   
If what is said about the American obesity epedemic is true, then surely these women are just average.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join