It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Food Stamp Use Up 1.44 million in Just One Month

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by Honor93

You mean with the paycheck he works for, and doesn't just receive because he breaths and has a pulse???
Probably.
Or do you mean the paycheck that he earns, due to signing a 4+ year agreement to work for a single employer, with no say really in where he gets stationed or what work needs to be done?
no, i mean the paycheck he wouldn't have without TAXPAYERS paying for it.

his duties are no different than the next guys.
or are you presuming he's a one of a kind soldier ??

besides, what does contracted employment have to do with any of it ??
4 yrs was clearly over for him a long time ago. (assuming the avatar is current and correct)

and, i know plenty who never fulfilled their 1st contract let alone continuing ones but that didn't end their "benefit package or severence pay or their continuing education bonuses" one bit.

who gets a paycheck cause they breathe and have a pulse ????
i'd like one of those !!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman

Originally posted by sirhumperdink
reply to post by macman

if you serve in the military many people feel the same about their money being "stolen" to pay for you to play cowboys and indians out in the desert so defense contractors and corporations can receive multibillion dollar no bid contracts and set up shop in a market that would otherwise be closed to them
edit on 11-12-2012 by sirhumperdink because: (no reason given)

Yep, Cowboys and Indians.
All Military members run around with cap guns, on stick horses, pretending to shoot the evil Indians.
Sure sure. Sure sure.
ahhhh, Swordfish
or any other fancy name you want to give it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by NavyDoc

Originally posted by jaymp
Here's something I just sent out:

I voted for you Mr. President, but my 85 year old grandmother should get more than a 12 dollar raise on her SS check. But, apparently, she should get less according to the government. So, to compensate for the 12 dollars the government doesn't want to give up, you all are taking 5 dollars away from her on food stamps. That's asinine. Let's see. Should we cut defense spending or deprive an elderly woman that manages to get buy on 700 dollars a month her necessities?

Why is your grandmother on food stamps? I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills. Why don't you buy her some groceries?

he could be in financial trouble himself
would that be hard to imagine?

He has internet and a computer at least and was complaining about taking away $5 in food stamps. All he has to do is give up a single meal to cover that expense.

where did it say his mother had these things ??
and where did it say HE had to forgo foodstamps ??
reading comprehension a bit difficult this morning ??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
reply to post by NavyDoc

I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills
you pay ?? with what exactly?
one has to wonder, would that be with your government/taxpayer provided paycheck or pension ??

Neither. I have moved on to the private sector and have started more than one small business. Nice try though.
oh, so you built FROM your government provided sustenance, good for you.
did it ever occur to you that perhaps your growth enhanced his demise and inability to provide for his mother?

am not saying it did but for you to assume otherwise is beyond comprehendable.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

no, i mean the paycheck he wouldn't have without TAXPAYERS paying for it.

Oh, you mean what the Fed Govt was designed to do, you know, provide defense and such?
Yeah, I guess that without the tax payer, he would not have received a paycheck from the US Military.
From the kind of person he comes off as, doesn't seem he needed the Military, as he more then likely would have found his way through life on a different path, and still been successful.

his duties are no different than the next guys.
or are you presuming he's a one of a kind soldier ??

Yep, because all members of the Military just walk around with guns, shooting people.
Duties differ from MOS to MOS.
Your ignorance is wild, and fun to watch.

besides, what does contracted employment have to do with any of it ??
4 yrs was clearly over for him a long time ago. (assuming the avatar is current and correct)

Oh, you mean being able to commit to something and carry that agreement out? I guess nothing.

and, i know plenty who never fulfilled their 1st contract let alone continuing ones but that didn't end their "benefit package or severence pay or their continuing education bonuses" one bit.

And your point is what?

who gets a paycheck cause they breathe and have a pulse ????
i'd like one of those !!!

Go sign up for Welfare and Food stamps.
I am glad I could help and point you in the direction you seek.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

Oh, that is nice too.......
Ok then.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
isn't it odd that the October food-stamp figures only come out after the election

then on top of that... the revised Oct & Nov figures come out which show the CIC is even worse than jimmy carter in respect to the economy and the geopolitics of the ME/NA

better get your prayer rugs before 2013 May Day holiday

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you bee, I know it well, the interesting smell of the shop, the dirt floors the outhouse, nothing changed for seventy-five years, the summer when both back and front huge double door were left open to catch a breeze, I went to sleep last night with the memories.

Dad still had the old pot belly stove for heat when they closed the doors for the last time when he was 78, 1904 to 1980, he worked there from age 12 to age 78.
Long story
edit on 083131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

ummmm, designed to do ?? hardly ... more like manipulated to do.
read again, that is NOT what the Feds were designed to do.

correct, no military, no tax-payer provided paycheck ... then again, according to you, all he had to do was breathe and have a pulse, so, why bother joining the service ??
he was gonna get a taxpayer provided paycheck either way, right ?

sounds as though he did but you know what ?
i don't know him any more than i know you so we could both be wrong.

words on a screen, my friend, words on a screen, nothing more.

no, skills differ, duties don't.
and, your inability to distinguish between the obvious amazes me.

And your point is what?
still wishing for your instruction on how to obtain one of those "paychecks for breathing and having a pulse".
i already know how the military does it.

nice try but i don't qualify ... too old, or too young, kids grown, no assets, wrong color ... i guess i'm just SOL, thanks anyway.
don't worry though, MY taxes will keep supplying all the others

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I voted for you Mr. President, but my 85 year old grandmother should get more than a 12 dollar raise on her SS check. But, apparently, she should get less according to the government. So, to compensate for the 12 dollars the government doesn't want to give up, you all are taking 5 dollars away from her on food stamps. That's asinine. Let's see. Should we cut defense spending or deprive an elderly woman that manages to get buy on 700 dollars a month her necessities?

Why is your grandmother on food stamps? I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills. Why don't you buy her some groceries?

Your post caught my eye, god bless you.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

ummmm, designed to do ?? hardly ... more like manipulated to do.
read again, that is NOT what the Feds were designed to do.

Are you sure?????
Provide for the common defense ring any bells???

correct, no military, no tax-payer provided paycheck ... then again, according to you, all he had to do was breathe and have a pulse, so, why bother joining the service ??
he was gonna get a taxpayer provided paycheck either way, right ?

People like him and I don't go the Govt hand out route.
WE actually work for a living.

sounds as though he did but you know what ?
i don't know him any more than i know you so we could both be wrong.

Ok.

words on a screen, my friend, words on a screen, nothing more.

Right back at ya.

no, skills differ, duties don't.
and, your inability to distinguish between the obvious amazes me.

Um, yes they do.
Duties for someone in CE are different from someone as a SP. IS that your left foot or your right foot in your mouth?

Originally posted by Honor93 still wishing for your instruction on how to obtain one of those "paychecks for breathing and having a pulse".
i already know how the military does it.

Um, yeah, sure. Okay then.

nice try but i don't qualify ... too old, or too young, kids grown, no assets, wrong color ... i guess i'm just SOL, thanks anyway.
don't worry though, MY taxes will keep supplying all the others

Sounds like you need to contact 0bama and get your house taken care of.
Hey, don't you want your 0bama phone?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by beezzer

Thank you bee, I know it well, the interesting smell of the shop, the dirt floors the outhouse, nothing changed for seventy-five years, the summer when both back and front huge double door were left open to catch a breeze, I went to sleep last night with the memories.

Dad still had the old pot belly stove for heat when they closed the doors for the last time when he was 78, 1904 to 1980, he worked there from age 12 to age 78.
Long story
edit on 083131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

My grandfather and his brother both had blacksmith shops.

I seem to remember that Longfellow had an armchair made from the tree outside the blacksmith's shop...

Years after its publication, a tree mentioned in the poem was cut down and part of it was made into an armchair which was then presented to Longfellow by local schoolchildren. Contents

Wikipedia: The Village Blacksmith

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

If the "job creators" insist on paying sub poverty wages then people will refuse to work and get better paying handouts from the government, and who is going to keep paying for those handouts? the "job creators" will in the form of higher taxes. one way or another the "job creators" will pay,it`s up to them whether they want to pay people to work or pay people to do nothing.

Here is what I did,

I worked for a daycare for minimum wage for a couple days,

Then started my own, I did that for years until my kids started school.

I worked as a personal care assistant for a few months for minimum wage , when I found how much they kept and what they paid me I thought to myself I can do this, then I started my own house cleaning business, posted notes at grocery stores and restaurants, then word of mouth filled my schedule,

I had children at home so I wanted to be home when they were, now I am 62 and I still clean houses, while I know young women that do nothing.

All my children started working with work permits before the age of 16, I told them you want things, you have to work for them.

Oh and BTW I will never forget the day my mom kicked my butt out the door when I was a young teen and said don't come home without a job.

She was a tough one.

edit on 093131p://bTuesday2012 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by macman

yes, i'm sure.
to provide for the common defense is not equal to a "standing army".

no one is saying you don't work but you don't do it without personal gain garnered from EVERYONE else.
[you know, the communist way]

private contractors, on the other hand, do.
and their survival (paycheck) is based on their ability and production not just their willingness to show up.

hmmmm, how ?
skills are skills and totally adaptable.
duty is duty and doesn't change.
it is no greater your duty to "protect the Constitution" than it is mine, yet, i don't get a paycheck for it.

an Obama phone ??
what are you talking about?
and why would i want a direct line to the one person who has the ability to change it yet refuses to ??

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

he could be in financial trouble himself
would that be hard to imagine?

He has internet and a computer at least and was complaining about taking away $5 in food stamps. All he has to do is give up a single meal to cover that expense.

where did it say his mother had these things ??
and where did it say HE had to forgo foodstamps ??
reading comprehension a bit difficult this morning ??

No, reading comprehension is quite alive and well. What I see is someone complaining that the government is not doing enough to take care of his grandmother.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

reply to post by NavyDoc

I pay all of my 75 year old mother's bills
you pay ?? with what exactly?
one has to wonder, would that be with your government/taxpayer provided paycheck or pension ??

Neither. I have moved on to the private sector and have started more than one small business. Nice try though.
oh, so you built FROM your government provided sustenance, good for you.
did it ever occur to you that perhaps your growth enhanced his demise and inability to provide for his mother?

am not saying it did but for you to assume otherwise is beyond comprehendable.

What government provided sustenance? My growth enhanced his demise? LOL talk about assumptions. "Demise" "inability to provide for hismother" LOL. Talk about assumptions. The entitlement and victim mentalities strike again.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
U.S. government and politics has become reckless to some degree.People do not take in account how many of these people lie to get footstamps over spend to get to much food.Could work but won't work at a grocery store or Mcdonalds type of job.
They don't take in account how bad these people ruin the economy because a-lot of them could work if they had to.I remember when old people worked because they where bored to death and would work at minumim wage jobs just to get out of the house.People use to take a ton of pride in everything in this country and that seems to be going down the drain as well.
edit on 11-12-2012 by Jobeycool because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

yes, i'm sure.
to provide for the common defense is not equal to a "standing army".

Oh, so now you want to mince words.

no one is saying you don't work but you don't do it without personal gain garnered from EVERYONE else.
[you know, the communist way]

Yeah, all those people that pay into income tax, only to then be refunded that amount.
No, that has nothing to do with Communism, nice try though.

private contractors, on the other hand, do.
and their survival (paycheck) is based on their ability and production not just their willingness to show up.

Yeah, because there are no consequences for not showing up, or not doing your job in the Military, or people die due to a lack of quality work. Sure sure.

But, what you state sounds very much like any Union job I have ever heard of. You know, not really worried about what they produce, or their ability.

hmmmm, how ?
skills are skills and totally adaptable.
duty is duty and doesn't change.
it is no greater your duty to "protect the Constitution" than it is mine, yet, i don't get a paycheck for it.

I already explained this to you. The only other way to simplify it, would be to mail you a drawing in crayon. I would be happy to do so, I will even provide the stamp, as I don't depend on others to fund what I want to do.

an Obama phone ??
what are you talking about?
and why would i want a direct line to the one person who has the ability to change it yet refuses to ??

Because he seems to be the one held in highest regards. On his watch, food stamp usage has risen, unemployment has skyrocketed and the economy remains in a recession, and is poised to go further with crippling taxes and bigger Govt.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Id rather my tax dollars go to someones food rather than to someone to post on ATS.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
OK so here's the plan, if you are young and health sitting at home and collecting food stamps, at least be planning for your future, there should be stipulations, be actively looking for work or in school, and donate time to charitable organizations.

I know many do.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join