It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The real problem is that you have answers in both camps. That damn fuzzy logic. What if the answer is staring us right in the face? Even though, what civilization is taking credit for tossing up Tiwanaku? I know the locals don't.

There was a time before ancient time that was hinted at by several sources, when man, whoever, whatever was here had some fantastic powers and/or technology.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer you may be open minded about alien spacemen fly'in all over the place. Wth it never being disclosed.
But I think it's nutty. Crackpot even. And between this thread and the oneTiten Sxull did a while back. There's more than good reason not to have an open mind about it.

SnF
edit on 10-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by RothchildRancor

Originally posted by neo96

I'm not attempting to debunk the whole "Ancient Alien" theory and in all honesty I'm just as open minded enough as the next person to believe in the existence ET's and their possible visitations both past and/or presently. Having said that, I refuse to blindly give credit to each and every perceived anomalies in ancient construction to ET.

I am not so open minded when it comes to ancient aliens being here on earth because if they had why would their be war,disease, and famine that still around today.

That's not to say there is not intelligent life out there, but pretty arrogant to think they would come here people have long thought themselves as the center of the universe seems some have not learned from history.

It is also pretty arrogant to say "man was just to dumb" to build all those wonders by himself man owes what he currently has and that of the past to himself.

Why would Aliens coming to Earth prevent War, Disease, and Famine?
Are Aliens perfect beings?

I think they are more in contact with the universal soul, aka enlightened ... some but how else would they have passed through our currents stage without self annihilation.

My answer is that they allow all those things because, well .... it's character building. This is how we learn.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Astral travel and near death experiences....

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
When did this site turn in to lame ancient alien wanna be debunkers hogging the home page? Whether you think it was ancient aliens, or not, you cannot argue with the size of the stones and perfection of the constructions.

No one says you have to believe that aliens did it, or anything else. What I cannot fathom is how anyone can say that ancient peoples with rudimentary tools were able to build any of the ancient ruins that you mention.

What is your point behind this post? That we should consider that those ancient peoples moved those stones by hand and logs. Cut perfectly through solid stones weighing hundreds of tons. Then perfectly placed them to perfection, without mortar of any kind?

I can understand if you are sick of the History Channel's endless ancient alien documentaries that always lead to the same place, which is no where. Obviously no one knows the exact truth and if some government or person knows, they sure as hell aren't telling. So until we magically know the truth, just about any theory is speculation at best.

At least don't come on here trying to sell your wares without using some logic and reason. Personally, I take everything with a grain of salt and am quite skeptical. Having said that, there is one thing that you cannot deny or debunk. The evidence, the math, the size, etc. Those ancient cultures did not build these megaliths with ancient stone tools and logs. That much I know and believe, since I can SEE THE EVIDENCE!!!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by jiggerj

Astral travel and near death experiences....

Hummm that would make an interesting thread ..............

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I have been reading ATS for many years, although I rarely post. I have had the opportunity to appreciate some really great contributors, some of whom are, sadly, no longer around. You are one of those great contributors Slayer and I love your threads. I read each one completely, including all the replies. This thread in particular has finally clarified, to me, exactly why I love your threads so much.

1. You write very well. Your threads are always concise and include links and pretty pictures._javascript:icon('
')

2. You attend the thread and answer questions but never try to force your opinion or belief down anyone else's throat. Rather, you try to encourage them to think.

3. You are very open minded which is a trait I highly value in all people. You offer ideas and ask questions but never claim to have all the answers.

4. Your threads and the subsequent replies they generate make me think and allow me to imagine. I love that!

I am glad I took the time to watch the video. Puma Punku is one of my favorite places in the world. I was not aware of the very distinct similarities at some of the other sites mentioned in that video. While I had always believed Puma Punku to be very separate and much older than Tiwanaku, I had also believed it to be rather unique. Now I am not so sure and really have to wonder about who built what and when. Unfortunately, the how is beyond my knowing.

Some of the replies in this thread broke my heart. Especially, when it was clear that the contributor had not read the whole thread, your many responses or had simply misconstrued the original intent. But you always handle them with grace, humor or completely ignore them appropriately. The people with all the answers and arrogant, hardheaded opinions would only argue with you and I can pretty much ignore them, as well. I simply won't have anyone do my thinking for me.

I adore you Slayer69 and I loved this thread. (and just so it's not weird - I am a girl) Great reading as always! Can't wait for the next one to see how you handle the other possible side of story. The Ancient Alien theory is just another one of those things I like to think about and I'm sure you'll give me reason to do so. _javascript:icon('
')

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

lol....I have always felt that if it was'nt aliens, that its most likely us from the future showing off a bit.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Dear Slayer69,

As you so rightly put, there is no hard evidence other than what we can see, archaeologists uncover etc. However I personally think that it is man's ego which comes into play when they try to debunk the fact that it is impossible for any alien creature to have come to Earth at "some time", the ego and religion, although the later is actually one of the best sources for outright stating they did.

My personal take on this is that I question not the how, but the why. Why did these people, who had years and thousands of people to build and carve out and put together these wondrous buildings and sites actually do so. All of them believed in Gods, beings, fiery chariot flying creatures etc.. For us to simply "debunk" the AA theory or put our own slant on it from such a simplistic point of view as architecture is too easy.

I responded to a very similar post you made not a month ago, and I am glad you have made another but I think the why is the biggest question mark of them all.

Star and flag and you are by far my favourite ATS poster.

Cheers,
T

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 03:36 AM
link   

If aliens came to help man evolve, does that mean another alien went to our aliens to help them evolve too?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Its possible that sumerians had telescopes. Just because we havent seen one doesnt mean they didnt exist.
and just by coincidence the Dogon did too. such an important discovery, yet they both forgot about it and made up stories of space people

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by torqpocMy personal take on this is that I question not the how, but the why. Why did these people, who had years and thousands of people to build and carve out and put together these wondrous buildings and sites actually do so.

what would humans do? I think that's the answer to your question. Since we share their dna we are probably very much like them. Notice how modern humans can't live in synch with the biosphere? How out of touch with nature we are even when we think we are like when we live in a teepee? we still need things to protect and support us to live, we need infrastructure and support systems, food supplies etc. We can't live as natural herds roaming the vast plains eating grass and drinking from lakes. We build things not only to support ourselves but we also do things to honor ourselves, nothing else on Earth does that. The ancient gods: loved beer, wine, a good steak, war with neighboring areas, monuments to themselves and sex. When you think about it we're just like them, maybe that's why some people are so afraid of them.

I'll bet a lot of what has to do with our existential conundrum as a species is caused by this mixture with Anunnaki dna.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by pauljs75
I posted this concept in another older thread, but I think it fits here too...

Not technically a "wheel" but serves the purpose.

Doing a bit of scrap paper math... (Sandstone block with volume of 27 cubic feet, calculating weight based on average density, using rolling resistance formula with ground deformation of about 1 inch, etc.) I found that it takes about 350lbs force to overcome that rolling resistance if applied to a lever and using torque instead of just pushing. (Once rolling, momentum makes it even easier to keep going on a level grade.) It's because of how rolling resistance greatly decreases with diameter. So one or two people can move a stone block that's heavier than what most modern cranes can lift, provided you move it in the right way.

I'll put some links to make it easier to play with the numbers.

en.wikipedia.org...
wiki.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Sometimes stuff gets lost, but I think people in past history are more clever than we give them credit for.

show us how they made the 90 tons crypts in the Serapeum. how did they cut the inside corners perfectly parallel to each other and make the inside surfaces perfectly flat? not to mention get them inside the tunnels as rough stones and then cut in place? let's see another one of those awesome drawings

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Since no one was actually there to witness these events and its all speculation. I'll toss in my thoughts on why there are failed attempts of building blocks that have been abandoned or discarded due to whatever reasons.

We, human may have tried to mimic what another might have done and we may have failed at our attempts. There is no way or evidence to determine when these rocks were made.. after the structures or during?

So unless there is a witness, not going to happen unless we have hard documents, another other then humans may have built those structures.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flavian

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

SS
edit on 063131p://pm3151 by Spike Spiegle because: removed emot. added pic

edit on 073131p://pm3126 by Spike Spiegle because: extra DIV

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by RothchildRancor

Why would Aliens coming to Earth prevent War, Disease, and Famine? Are Aliens perfect beings?

Why wouldn't they?

They gave them secret knowledge to build massive monuments so why would they not give other tech to "primitive" man?

Answer is because they didn't give them either one.

That is assuming that these "Aliens" you speak of are the benevolent being you say they are.

What if they were evil SOBs that just wanted to perpetuate our downfall.

You don't know because you don't know.

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by crackerjack

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
What method was used? How can you ask them to acknowledge a method you yourself can not state what it is? Sandstone is soft. It is known that harder materials are found in the area which would allow someone to create the holes. Master craftsmen with time and patience can do it. Please tell me what methodology was used. Please tell me exactly why my method would not work.

It's granite, a simple google search is all you need

The topic was Pumapunku, not Giza.
The stones at Pumapunku are red sandstone, primarily.
The interlocking stones are andesite.

Originally posted by Cypress

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet? It supposedly shows the sun at the center with the planets orbiting around it long before telescopes. I believe there are also writings that describe the color of the furthest planets. If not debunked, how could they have known these things so long ago?

Aristarchus of Samos had a competing theory with Ptolemy that argued a Sun centered system. Don't need a telescope, the movement of the visible planets in the night sky over time shows that.

Sumerians had no telescopes. The cylinder seal shown has been explained reasonably well.

There are hundreds of cylinder seal impressions that have odd things in the sky - one in particular shows a crab in the sky.

These things are time markers - similar to the date/time function of a camera that prints the date/time stamp on a photo.

The image in question shows nothing but stars. There are many, MANY depictions of stars left behind by Mesopotamian cultures. Large important stars are shown with the spikes coming out, like the one in the center - no doubt about it - that particular "star" is certainly Venus. The claim that it is the Sun is simply incorrect, as there are many examples of the Sumerian iconography for the Sun as well. All the depictions of the Sun look the same, yet none of them look like that.
Other stars are shown as simple circles/disks (the dots), as the pic displays.

The "dot"-looking stars are thought to be a constellation through which Venus passes at a certain time of the year. The crab I mention indicated the month in that seal - you know, cancer in the zodiac (invented by the Sumerians, BTW.)

Please note that the Sumerains were accomplished astronomers (for their time.) They left many records of their observations. Not a single one mentions any planet that cannot be seen with the naked eye.

The seal itself is like a business card or receipt- made for a brickmason - according to the words written on it. The vast majority of written materials left behind by the Sumerians consists of receipts, IOUs and such.

Harte

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

I fell upon this thread by accident, and have just finished watching the video you posted, and i'm absolutely intrigued after watching it till the end, and feel i need to watch it again.

Who ever or what ever made the amazing stone work before the Inca is just mind boggling, and it's as if the further we go back in time, the more skillful and genius the work is.

I'm now hooked on this subject and will be putting a lot of time into researching this in depth.

Thank you for creating this thread, i now need answers to all the questions i have from watching that video.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Since joining here I've been back and forth between the possibility of ancient aliens and a lost advanced civilization.

When I got to the Indus Valley Civilization I swung firmly into the lost advanced civilization column.

While excavating the cities of the Indus Valley they discovered that many of the cities had been destroyed by floods and rebuilt, some as many as 5 times.

But the interesting part is that they found the oldest ruins to be the best built, the most precise. As time progressed they appear to have lost knowledge. Mainstream thinking puts the apex of their civilization at 2,900 B.C., but the older ruins are much older than that.

I believe that there was an advanced civilization living on this planet pre "big flood", and that they not only travelled the globe they could fly and had some pretty advanced technologies.

As time went on after the great flood knowledge was lost and only a few things made it through.

It explains the vast knowledge of the stars, and it explains most of the ruins.

If a huge solar flare hit us tommorow and fried all electronics how much of our knowledge would be lost in an instant? The only things left would be print, which is fragile, and firsthand knowledge, which is not easy to transfer to others if they lack the brains.

My grandfather taught me everything I know about engineering, but it was a drop in the bucket compared to what he knew.

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nice article OP.

Here's 2 wild theories:

Planet of the apes: "The gods" were a previous civilization - They reached a level of technology where they engineered us as slaves, we overran them and took over.

The Maya believed time works in cycles - perhaps we're living in a computer simulation. By definition, the simulation couldn't be infinite, perhaps it loops. Perhaps the end of their calendar is a great flood that wipes us out ala Puma Punku?

A combination of the above 2?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join