It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soul44
Ok guys what about the science and mathematics....

i dont care how advanced ancient man would have been there is no possible way they could have known the exact center of all the land mass on earth right ? unless there is something that we are missing or dont know yet about ancient man.

AND

This is exactly why I and others keep digging deeper into our past. Modern man is supposedly around 200,000 to 300,000 years old. Yet the Great Pyramids were supposedly only built around + / - 4,750 year ago.

Where had "Modern man" been for the preceding 295,250 + / - years?

I suspect those now submerged ancient ice age coastlines have a story to be told.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by soul44
Ok guys what about the science and mathematics....

i dont care how advanced ancient man would have been there is no possible way they could have known the exact center of all the land mass on earth right ? unless there is something that we are missing or dont know yet about ancient man.

AND

This is exactly why I and others keep digging deeper into our past. Modern man is supposedly around 200,000 to 300,000 years old. Yet the Great Pyramids were supposedly only built around + / - 4,750 year ago.

Where had "Modern man" been for the preceding 295,250 + / - years?

I suspect those now submerged ancient ice age coastlines have a story to be told.

Well, I have to think man was too worried about catching their next meal to be all that adventurous with inventing. Add to the fact that even Einstein would not be worth mentioning had he not had the right knowledge at his fingertips. It appears technology increases at an almost exponential rate. Look at what has been achieved in the last 100 years alone. I believe there are many submerged cities, I am not of the mind that any of them were 'advanced' other than perhaps more advanced than others of their time, nothing wild. It will be fun if I am wrong though!.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04
Well, I have to think man was too worried about catching their next meal to be all that adventurous with inventing. Add to the fact that even Einstein would not be worth mentioning had he not had the right knowledge at his fingertips. It appears technology increases at an almost exponential rate. Look at what has been achieved in the last 100 years alone. I believe there are many submerged cities, I am not of the mind that any of them were 'advanced' other than perhaps more advanced than others of their time, nothing wild. It will be fun if I am wrong though!.

Agriculture roughly only 12,000 years old. Civilization supposedly only 6,000 to 8,000 years old. That still leaves a large enough span for various levels of development to have been reached only to have been done in and forgotten by some natural disaster.

I too don't believe they split the atom or had the microchip but possibly had reached levels as great or slightly greater than Ancient Egypt, Greece and Sumer only to have it erased for whatever reason all in prehistory.

I wonder how many possible "Library's of Alexandria" could have been destroyed before recorded history?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 05:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by OccamsRazor04

Agriculture roughly only 12,000 years old. Civilization supposedly only 6,000 to 8,000 years old. That still leaves a large enough span for various levels of development to have been reached only to have been done in and forgotten by some natural disaster.

I too don't believe they split the atom or had the microchip but possibly had reached levels as great or slightly greater than Ancient Egypt, Greece and Sumer only to have it erased for whatever reason all in prehistory.

I wonder how many possible "Library's of Alexandria" could have been destroyed before recorded history?

I would never say impossible. But under what scenario would the civilization be gone and the entirety of their knowledge taken with them? Can you think of any known scenarios? One of the closest I can think of would be the 'dark ages'. Even then only parts of the knowledge was lost, and some areas really lost very little if any.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Damn, i can't believe i keep forgetting about the abandoned block at Baalbek. That really does just tell it's own story.

Although not as big, how do people think the Victorians moved all their pilfered obelisks about and then raised them? I suspect a dirty big UFO hovering over Le Place de la Concorde would have been noticed and photographed (or sketched by an impressionist
).

South America remains the largest mystery (in terms of human achievement) in my mind, mainly because of the sizes involved and the altitude. However, for people born and raised there, the altitude is not so much of a problem. Old local remedies include chewing coc aine leaves so possibly drug induced super strength was used? That makes far more sense than any outside help theory (to me, at least).

At the end of the day, as a species, we have managed to build something that is now outside our Solar System and still occasionally sending us back data. Building and moving a few things here on Earth is childs play by comparison. We are the same species, same brain abilities, etc. In terms of building, they had the advantage in that it was thousands of years of similar building techniques that led to these kinds of structures - practice makes perfect. Put another way, a fletcher these days would struggle to make a bow as good (or strong) as a medieval long bow. Does that mean that medieval English fletchers had alien help?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ouvertaverite

Is that a picture drawing of an ancient alien visitor? Or is it ancient advanced man in a space suit? Is it even a space suit? It could be a bio/chem/radiation warfare suit.

It could even be a motorcycle outfit, with motorcycle helmet shining lights to see in the dark, and the outfit being all white to help reflect light in the dark.

That picture could be a lot of things.

Here's a nice pictures someones drawn lately. The white men in suits could be a superhero drawing! Imagination gone wild!

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
My problem with aliens helping our ancestors theory is why the hell stone !
1. An alien visiting here MUST have technology that is more advanced than ours today.
2. The aliens would have been seen by our ancestors using said technology and thus the aliens are not hiding anything.
3. Put 1 and 2 together then you have to ask "why the hell stone". If you are going to interfere then why not use carbon fibre, nanotubes etc even we have that! imagine what materials aliens would have and would know how to make it and would teach our ancestors how to make it.

How coincidental that the aliens just happen to use their advanced technology to manipulate the (human) material of choice at that point in time ie stone.

It is far far more likely that our ancestors were much more capable than we give them credit for. That coupled with scientific arrogance "if we can't work out how then they didn't do it" approach.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

TL: DR

You did not discover America. These threads are getting out of hand. It's pointless to state things already discussed a thousand times. However, I can agree that AA proponents started 'excusing' everything that happened as done by aliens.
edit on 10-12-2012 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
3 of the larges stones found at the Temple of Baalbek has an estimated weight of 800 tons. Before I continue, Ill show you a movie with something that is 350 tons, just so you can get a slight idea of what we are talking about...

When it comes to the stone blocks of Puma Punku, it would be nice to know if these stone blocks are diorite and granite for fact, or if they are just red sandstone. However, they are perfectly cut and the heaviest stone are at least 130 tons.

The closes quarry is around 10 km away at Lake Titicaca.
Just to transport that amount of weight uphill to Puma Punku is quite an achievement, which I demand mainstream science to actually prove.
Id love to see them try to carry a 130 ton stone block, 10 km uphill by the use of manpower, lumber and ropes. Bring pallets with beer and people will come in large numbers, willingly to prove or disprove this science.
And when they fail, we can finally debunk this mainstream pseudoscience, because thats what it is.

However im open for any other, logical, explanation on this matter. Wallington has indeed som nice examples on how they could have done some of the moving/placement. More of that plx.
I also find the cryptoterrestrial theory interesting when it comes to this matter.
edit on 10-12-2012 by TheLastCard because: this*

edit on 10-12-2012 by TheLastCard because: word correction

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet? It supposedly shows the sun at the center with the planets orbiting around it long before telescopes. I believe there are also writings that describe the color of the furthest planets. If not debunked, how could they have known these things so long ago?

Aristarchus of Samos had a competing theory with Ptolemy that argued a Sun centered system. Don't need a telescope, the movement of the visible planets in the night sky over time shows that.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet? It supposedly shows the sun at the center with the planets orbiting around it long before telescopes. I believe there are also writings that describe the color of the furthest planets. If not debunked, how could they have known these things so long ago?

and why would they count IN towards the Sun, not OUT from the Sun? How did the Dogon people know about Sirius B before it was discovered with telescopes? there are too many coincidences to ignore the connections. to me it's not a leap of faith it is common sense if you consider the scope of the universe that we are not the only kids on the block and once you realize that all other bets are off as far as limiting what advanced beings are capable of doing. One of our biggest things is the idea of terraforming other planets so why is it such a stretch to think others would've already been doing it millions of years ago?

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Oi, Slayer!

What the hell dude!!

Stop killin Santa!!!!

-runs away crying-

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor

You did not discover America.

Never made that claim

These threads are getting out of hand.

It's pointless to state things already discussed a thousand times.

You had an option NOT to click this thread. But thanks for the low down

However, I can agree that AA proponents started 'excusing' everything that happened as done by aliens

Cool.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle

SS
edit on 063131p://pm3151 by Spike Spiegle because: removed emot. added pic

edit on 073131p://pm3126 by Spike Spiegle because: extra DIV

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982
Why would you travel across the universe to build a massive stone structure when you have your comfy spaceship?

editby]edit on 9-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

why do you assume they traveled ACROSS the universe??

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You think aluens are perfect? Or even good people? Maybe they started the wars. Thats the best explanation for Islam in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bottleslingguy

Its possible that sumerians had telescopes. Just because we havent seen one doesnt mean they didnt exist.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

There are certain things that make sense to me in the ancient alien theory. But on the other hand there are thing that totally don't make sense as well. I believe the most likely explanation would be that those civilizations are much older than reported. Because that explanation doesn't fit with mainstream ideology they just change the figures to match what they think is right. If they didn't archeologists would have to throw out every thing they've learned. What I think is those people who did build those monument to human ingenuity were as, if not more, technologically advanced than us. I believe that most of those monument were from before the last ice age. All the while keeping the well being of Earth in mind. That why we see a lot of stone work.

That would explain the lack of evidence of those kinds of civilizations in Canada. Being under 2 km of ice, everything would of been crushed to nothing. Then during the last Ice age most of civilization was killed off. When they could actually start to repopulate they re-invented the wheel around 10 000 to 12 000 years ago. Strangely the same age as Puma Punku. By that reasoning and mainstream archeology people with out the wheel built Puma Punku? I think not.

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by starshift
My theory is that these ancient civilizations stem from Atlantis. I feel that certain inhabitants fled before the catastrophe and they carried off world technologies or had unique knowledge which they later used to rebuild.

I was lucky to see a lot of those formations in Peru this year and they truly are amazing.
edit on 9-12-2012 by starshift because: add

This. In fact I've recently read a fascinating chanelled book about Atlantis that among other things describes how atlantean survivors from the sinking of the semimaterial continent built the pyramids and other monuments using some form of telechinesis technique based on the manipulation of a form of energy known as "vril".

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I posted this concept in another older thread, but I think it fits here too...

Not technically a "wheel" but serves the purpose.

Doing a bit of scrap paper math... (Sandstone block with volume of 27 cubic feet, calculating weight based on average density, using rolling resistance formula with ground deformation of about 1 inch, etc.) I found that it takes about 350lbs force to overcome that rolling resistance if applied to a lever and using torque instead of just pushing. (Once rolling, momentum makes it even easier to keep going on a level grade.) It's because of how rolling resistance greatly decreases with diameter. So one or two people can move a stone block that's heavier than what most modern cranes can lift, provided you move it in the right way.

I'll put some links to make it easier to play with the numbers.

en.wikipedia.org...
wiki.answers.com...
en.wikipedia.org...

Sometimes stuff gets lost, but I think people in past history are more clever than we give them credit for.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join