It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+50 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Before we begin allow me to state right up front.

I'm not attempting to debunk the whole "Ancient Alien" theory and in all honesty I'm just as open minded enough as the next person to believe in the existence of ET's and their possible visitations both past and/or presently. Having said that, I refuse to blindly give credit to each and every perceived anomalies in ancient construction to ET.

Many have and will unquestionably attribute the great accomplishment in man's history to Ancient Aliens. As I've stated elsewhere, I can argue both sides for either ET or lost Ancient knowledge. The problem I have is that often many on both sides gloss over certain facts. For example, We can visit the quarries where these massive blocks around the world come from. Easter Island for example, there are still unfinished statues at various stages to be finished never mind being cut free and transported etc we find ancient abandoned work all over the world many while still in progress or in this threads premise.

Early construction failures.

Don't get me wrong. There are many mysteries of the Ancient world that need to be fully explored and explained. I'm still convinced that we have a hell of a lot more to learn about our own very real ancient history. Did ET help? I'll say possibly but how plausible or probable? Also, Do we have evidence for this? I'm not sure if we do. What I do know however is that we have ancient locations and constructions that are mysterious and very, very interesting.

Let's take a look at a couple of often quoted sites that are continually presented as proof of possible ET intervention....

Here is the largest Egyptian obelisk. It's massive and if we are to believe the Ancient Alien arguments a massive ET failure. There it still sits, broken in the quarry.

Also, the ba'albek question. The one fact that everybody on both sides seems to miss and it's staring everybody in the face is that.

It got stuck and was abandoned in place and never moved.
Another ET fail?

Again, as you can plainly see it got stuck where it's at and they couldn't move it. Yet, they continued building the temple unabated just switching to smaller blocks. Here you'll see the other giant blocks at the base.

There is another block nearby but never presented in any of the AA theory videos. It's just as large and shows Chisel work. Now the question still remains on the movement of such sized blocks.

Also, One has to look deeper into this mystery

Some locations of the temple use those massive blocks as foundation stones while in other parts those Giant blocks were placed on top of the smaller blocks attributed to known Roman construction....

Moving on to South America.

I'm going to leave you with this rather long but very interesting video that has David H Childress and Engineer Christopher Dunn as they examine evidence for the possible use of advanced rock-machining techniques at and around Cuzco in the Andes Mountains. I'd like to point out and please ask for those of you who view this to please ignore the fact that it is presented by UFOTV and named "Ancient Aliens In Peru and Bolivia"

I asked that because if while viewing their exploration of the various sites one were to eliminate the ET angle and see for yourselves that they do in fact raise some rather interesting questions about the achievements of our ancient predecessors and do show, explore and examine quarries where many of those Giant blocks originated from. Also, They show blocks and work Abandoned in place both during construction and transportation. I know it's a pretty tall order by asking those who have not yet viewed the following video to not post their comments, theories and opinions until after watching an hour and half program but I must impress that it is worth watching. I have quite a few points to discuss or debate over.

If for no other reason for watching it does show many sites not often visited and discussed by accepted orthodox views.

In conclusion.

I'm very sure there is more to the story. I never claim to know or have all the answers, If anything, I'm often left with more questions than when I began. This is where you the readers come in. Some will post their views others their opinions supported by links and known accepted facts while others simply enjoy discussing the various possibilities. If you are less than familiar with my prevailing views on these types of topics, please at your leisure read through some of my related threads about our possible lost history. The Ancients: Parts I II III IV V VI VII VIII IX

For all the Ancient Alien theory supporters I'm in the final stages of a thread I'll be posting in "Skunk works" that has been in the works and previously mentioned for some time. In that one I'll present what I believe to be possible evidence for an ancient ET connection. Consider this a preemptive dry run of sorts.

As always, You decide for yourselves.

Stay tuned and frosty....
edit on 9-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   

I'm not attempting to debunk the whole "Ancient Alien" theory and in all honesty I'm just as open minded enough as the next person to believe in the existence ET's and their possible visitations both past and/or presently. Having said that, I refuse to blindly give credit to each and every perceived anomalies in ancient construction to ET.

I am not so open minded when it comes to ancient aliens being here on earth because if they had why would their be war,disease, and famine that still around today.

That's not to say there is not intelligent life out there, but pretty arrogant to think they would come here people have long thought themselves as the center of the universe seems some have not learned from history.

It is also pretty arrogant to say "man was just to dumb" to build all those wonders by himself man owes what he currently has and that of the past to himself.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

This looks like a failure for sure.

+13 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
bbbut..but...but...becuz' alienz!!

You are totally going to ruin someone's day with this thread of reason and logic.

You know that don't you?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I'm not one to believe in aliens, ancient or otherwise. My theory on the unfinished statues/ buildings etc...is that those from the present/ future, left...leaving the ancients without the technology to finish. Hence the many "gods returning" myths that subsequently followed.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I'll just say wonderful post/ thread, I haven't read 1/10 of it yet, but I am impressed

I might post more if I have anything of value to add after I am done reading.

SS

+19 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet? It supposedly shows the sun at the center with the planets orbiting around it long before telescopes. I believe there are also writings that describe the color of the furthest planets. If not debunked, how could they have known these things so long ago?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You and I know that it wasn't alien technology,but human ingenuity that moved those stones,that created the pyramids and such.
Why would you travel across the universe to build a massive stone structure when you have your comfy spaceship?

They keep selling us primitive humans short.
edit on 9-12-2012 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I think there are a lot of good answers here. As far as Baalbek

This fact naturally gives rise to a different scenario: At Baalbek Rome had found a fabulous ready made foundation, a mighty platform to add a suitably majestic structure to, stamping the Roman eagle upon the whole for the perception of future generations.

The large stone, makes sense that if it were to large it would still have been used as smaller blocks UNLESS it were a later stone.

The important question is, was it younger, or was it older than the three Trilithon blocks? It seems that it had to be made later than the Trilithon. If it was made first, and then deemed to be too big, it would have still been utilized. Rather than quarrying a new block, the Romans would have simply whittled the big block down to a more manageable size. We would not see it in the quarry today. On the other hand, despite their brilliant ability to move about burdens as unprecedented as the Trilithon, the unknown architects lost their nerve at the very end, the big block looming almost ready. There was no attempt to move the practically finished block despite the recent brilliant successes with transporting the other blocks.

Some interesting arguments

Then there is that utter lack of documentation for these stunning exploits, which should have been proudly noted by Roman historians, politicians, and so on. It's a little like if American history books skipped the fact that America went to the Moon. Meanwhile, local legends ascribe the stones to the time of Genesis. The big blocks were part of a fortress built there by Cain.

vejprty.com...

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Come on........

You don't believe?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Your arguments... Hm.. I don't feel like addressing the whole thing. I'll just tackle two..

The whole thing being 'stuck in the ground'.. Two remarks. For it to be stuck in the ground you have to assume that one, the place was always like that and two, that there was no sedimentation to bury a part of the stone.

As for the 'using smaller stones', it's not like that. The foundation below is a lot older, and some other civilization built on top of it some time later....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Those are obviously cases where the aliens failed on purpose to get people of the future off their scent....

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
Your arguments... Hm.. I don't feel like addressing the whole thing.

No problem.

I'll just tackle two..

The whole thing being 'stuck in the ground'.. Two remarks. For it to be stuck in the ground you have to assume that one, the place was always like that and two, that there was no sedimentation to bury a part of the stone.

Possibly true but there it and the other one never mentioned in the AA series sits.

Stuck

As for the 'using smaller stones', it's not like that. The foundation below is a lot older, and some other civilization built on top of it some time later....

Yet.

There are some locations of the temple with the smaller blocks under the larger blocks.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I love the show Ancient Aliens but not for the same reason many do. I don't think most of what they attribute to aliens was done by aliens. I use the show as a personal research tool. I have a few seasons on DVD and love to watch it to get info to look up on my own.

IMO our ancestors had their own "technology" that we obviously can't replicate today. It doesn't necessarily mean machines like we have today, but they did use something to move these huge stones. If we can't move such blocks today then it is obvious to me they had some kind of knowledge that we don't have today. Whether it was lost or kept hidden I do not know.

Do I think aliens gave our ancestors "technology" again I don't know but I don;t think it's impossible to believe.

edit on 12/9/2012 by mblahnikluver because: grammar Nazi'd myself

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
My theory is that these ancient civilizations stem from Atlantis. I feel that certain inhabitants fled before the catastrophe and they carried off world technologies or had unique knowledge which they later used to rebuild.

I was lucky to see a lot of those formations in Peru this year and they truly are amazing.
edit on 9-12-2012 by starshift because: add

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Hello Slayer69 wonderful thread once again, I'm half way though the video but felt compelled to post a reply

I would like to start by saying that I don't claim to have all the answers either, in fact I'll go so far as to say that I know practically nothing

With that out of the way, I would like to present my view on how man could have accomplished such great feats of engineering.

Slayer has pointed out very clearly the half quarried Obelisks found here and there, so then how does one move such a huge structure without tractor beams or modern machinery?

Trees!!!, logs to be precise.

Second, once you have huge structure wherever you want it to be, how do you raise it?

I think man had more then enough know how to have done such things and more.
We must not throw away the achievements of our ancestors so quickly, to me anyway it is the obvious, logical and simplest answer that is usually the right one.

This is from near modern times but still shows the concept I am trying to put forth.

I would like to thank Slayer69 for his consistent high quality thread making, and excellent topic choices

SS
edit on 063131p://pm3151 by Spike Spiegle because: removed emot. added pic

edit on 073131p://pm3126 by Spike Spiegle because: extra DIV

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

It got stuck and was abandoned in place and never moved

Really, thats your theory?
edit on 9-12-2012 by rabzdguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by rabzdguy
Really, thats your theory?

There it sits all cockeyed and never moved.

Whats yours?

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet?

Yep.

Often.

They aren't showing you ALL of the item, and they're not pointing out that on the right hand side of the seal there's writing: (click here)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Bravo Slayer,

I am a big fan of human engineering for the monuments of the ancient past, while leaving open possibilities that the mainstream might not approve of, or might see as fanciful machinations. But I think we have to face it. Our ancestors were smart cookies, and they were motivated. On top of that, I wonder if a few things might have just been different about the earth in the ancient past.

So, did our ancestors have a little help and instruction? Maybe. But that doesn't mean it was aliens. It may very well have just been from predecessors we haven't become aware of yet.

I'm sure I've seen this video, but I'm going to check it out anyway, just to be sure it's the same one. Thanks.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join