Ancient Alien Failures...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Wonderful work as always and some fun questions illustrated brilliantly.
Thank you again Slayer!

I'm, of course, supporting the stance that nothing so far in ancient history can be non-attributable to human ingenuity. Everything is entirely within the realm, facility, and capability of human engineering and brow sweat to achieve.

edit on 9-12-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Brilliant! I never thought of that before. Well done! S&F!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Haven't watched the video yet (WAY too noisy here right now...), but those other cases look interesting. Do you have links for them? Don't think I am familiar with the first two, for certain.

I think, in a lot of these cases, the builders were too ambitious, maybe. I don't really subscribe to the idea of aliens helping out; read about that for ages (Chariots of the Gods, etc), but far from convinced. I think a lot of the stuff was moved this way -

Still, have to agree that it's very possible that there is lost technology from earlier times. I have always wondered why some people (even the "experts" in the fields) want to claim that there is no way we could have been advanced in the past, and somehow lost that knowledge. That always seemed the height of arrogance to me. I also wonder a lot when we hear stories of "hidden" archaeology; cases where there seems to be stuff that someone doesn't want us to see, for whatever reason. In some cases, I think it's all political, such as with Kennewick Man. It's like some people think not making this or that group upset is more important than historical truth.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I appreciate all the feedback and posts both pro and con.
Thanks for all the contributions so far.

At this point has anyone watched the whole video previously?

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Well interesting topic.My feelings about this are mixed. I believe that some sites around the world could have been built by ancient aliens. Operative word "could". However I don't discount the chance that ancient man had abilities that have been forgotten.

Oft times various knowledge has been lost due to wars and disasters.I morn the loss of the library of alexandra.Who knows what we lost in the burning?I think that clearly ancient man was more intelligent than he is given credit for. Thinking that early man could not build these structures is not giving him credit for the smarts he had.Thinking that he couldn't do something simply because we can't is arrogant thinking. Nothing unusual for sure, mankind has always been arrogant.

Truth be known I believe that there was a very old precusor civilization which was very advanced. Not nessecarily Atlantis, but an advanced civilization which preceeded perhaps the last ice age. Man has been around for a very long time and has had a high intelligence just as long. So to my way of thinking, why couldn't he have done these things? Moving huge stones may have been very easy for him as he may have had a knowledge we don't. That knowledge now,perhaps, long lost. We may never know for sure, just as we may never be able to prove a precursor civilization ever existed.

However with the recent discoveries of the site in Turkey and off the coast of India,the date of civilization of mankind is being pushed further and further back in time. Now it's back to the end of the last ice age. How much further will it be pushed by the next discovery? As I have said mankind has been around for a very long time and even that amount of time is open to debate.

We don't have as much knowledge as the mainstream scientists would have us believe. But the mainstream scientists want us to believe that what they know is the absolute be all and end all of knowledge. Then somebody comes along with a new way of looking at the evidence and what they know is wrong. Much of what I learned in college has been overturned in the passing of 40 years.

I have seen the video before and it does bring up some very good points. I'm going to watch it again to refresh my memory,the curse of getting older. Thanks for the usual great thought provoking thread. I'm looking forward to the new one. S&F

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Another wonderful thread. Is it ET? Did our ancestors possess technology that rivaled or surpassed our own? Or were ancient people simply able to come up with ingenious ways to solve problems?

When looking at whether ET is responsible I think we have to ask ourselves some questions. If a vastly advanced race were to come to Earth and create buildings, what would they look like? This now leads to two responses, they are intelligent like we are, and would build like we would, or they think differently than us and this would be reflected in their building techniques. I have yet to find any of these 'alien' built structures that are out of place with buildings associated with human creations (if there are any I would be interested). We have obelisks and pyramids all over the world. The pyramid is a logical human way of stacking material. So since there is no evidence an 'alien' mind is responsible for these buildings, they must think like us. Why then are they building with materials that a primitive people would use? Why are they not using complex polymers and materials to create these structures? Why quarry large stones when you can simply pour your stones in place? I believe it fails a logic test. Then, as you pointed out, we have examples of failures in creating and transporting these large stones. Would an advanced alien race be unable to free a stuck stone? Again, this fails a logic test.

So if it wasn't ET, our ancestors must have possessed incredible technology right? Well now we come to some of the same problems. Why are they cutting out stones for buildings? Why are they creating buildings that would not make sense to make in a technologically advanced world (there is a reason we stopped building castles)? Why do such technologically gifted people seem to have such backwards religious ideas? Again, where are the complex building materials, plastics that would not have degraded, and evidences of these civilizations? We find artifacts such as the Antikythera Device which may make us think our ancestors were incredibly advanced, but then we find that the device is based on a geo-centric view which any advanced race would know is false. We also have the problem of the failures. Why would a stone be left abandoned when it was perfectly useable? We fail the logic test again.

Now we come to the view that our ancestors were incredibly smart and able to come up with ingenious ways to solve their problems. This view suggests our ancestors were able to accomplish remarkable feats with no modern technology. It suggests we should look back on our past and marvel at their achievements. We should look at what our ancestors did and say to ourselves we are just like them, we too are capable of so much wonder. We may never fully understand how they built some of the wonders of the ancient world, we no longer think like them. Our brains are designed to function in the world we live in (another knock to both ET and advanced technology theories, as the way the people making these buildings thought does not suggest anything but regular ancient people), our circumstances are different, it's a testament to how amazing the human mind is that the same species can adapt itself so well in such different circumstances.
Study: Internet Changing Young People’s Thinking, Behavior
How amazing is that? Believing that ET is required, or that only incredibly technology beyond our wildest dreams could achieve such feats, degrades the achievements of our past. How is any of this wondrous if its simply technology? It's not. Much like the numerous office buildings in any modern city are no big deal. Revel in the marvels of our past. See what we as a species are capable of when we come together and put our minds to a task. We can achieve almost anything. Do not take that away from us.
edit on 9-12-2012 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Thanks for the video. I liked it. Interesting to see David Childress talk about something other than aliens.
He makes a good point with the age the sites were constructed . It does look obvious that the best made is the oldest. The tools and buildings the aztec had when the Spanish arrived were not like pumapunku. The stonework looks made to withstand earthquakes and last. It was made by either people from somewhere that new how to prepare for the worst or lived there for a long time.
The T grooves in the stone with accuracy compared to small stones to make walls it is obvious that there is two different cultures from different times at work here.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd

Originally posted by jiggerj

Has anyone debunked the Sumerian relief of the solar system yet?

Yep.

Often.

They aren't showing you ALL of the item, and they're not pointing out that on the right hand side of the seal there's writing: (click here)

Thanks! No wavy lines = not the sun. So, no aliens and no gods. Humans were pretty bloody brilliant back then. All of the great monuments were made solely by us. Three cheers for mankind!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I appreciate all the feedback and posts both pro and con.
Thanks for all the contributions so far.

At this point has anyone watched the whole video previously?

Not yet, Slayer, but I will tomorrow when there is enough quiet to digest it.

I don't have to watch the video to appreciate the thread
You never disappoint.

I'm looking forward to coming back tomorrow and finding a lively conversation and a wealth of knowledge.

J
edit on 12/9/2012 by LadyJae because: spelling

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

I'm glad you've taken the time to watch it.

Keystone cuts on the facing vertical on such large blocks don't make sense because you can't lay them flat on the horizontal then pour metal to create the staples then roll over both attached blocks to place them back on the vertical

Enigma indeed.
edit on 9-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:47 PM
link   
s+f again! haven't had a chance to watch the video yet but i'm planning to tomorrow, thanks slayer! still keeping my brain cells buzzing!

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

The blocks were likely moved or broken from a earthquake then reassembled by a later people. I would like to know what the metal used to make the T joints. Copper, iron, or gold?
The weathering of the large blocks looks much older than the rough smaller blocks.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by d8track

What I find amazing is that they show clear Inca construction next to and in some places connected to obviously much larger and more advanced and sophisticated megalithic construction techniques of a much higher quality masonry

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   
The most logical reasoning would be that if one were to build a society complete with structures, that were in our "civil times" known as megaliths, then one would also have to perfectly fine with the reasoning that the ones whom built these so called megaliths, were in fact giant in size compared to our human counterpart.

It wouldn't be so hard to move mountains for a few men weighting in at 8000 tons and soaring 16ft into the air now would it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   

G'day mate, cheers for the heads up. I think I saw this vid a while back. But I wont be able to watch it again until next week when I am back in 3G range but I will - and, if it is the same one, I'll bounce a couple of thoughts off you then.

I'll make this brief as I am working on a debate with PatrickGarrow17 ATM, but I wanted to talk about the Hadjar el Gouble (the Stone of the South).

What has always piqued my interest with this Stone, regarding its resting place, is the topography surrounding the stone itself. I think it is no coincidence that the quarry base gradient changes where the stone protrudes above the ground.

Q: If you spent so much time carving it, what reason would you have to leave it there?

Too Big and heavy to move?. No, otherwise why go through the exercise of carving it in the first place! Just chisel away a bit more until you can move it. But this, imo, was not the reason.

I think it may have been inaccessible for a considerable period of time.

I think, at one point, the quarry was flooded (unorthodox winter / climatic rains) and this caused the stone to move to its current resting aspect (from the horizontal). With such a quarry, the sludge build-up may very well have suctioned the stone in place once the water receded. This receding may have taken months or more. Once the stone was again accessible to continue the work, the new angular aspect may have proven too difficult to address.

Once again, the ground around the stone is not flat - I would have thought a flat horizontal surface the best platform for stonemasons - especially when working on something 69 x 16 x 13 feet, ten inches, and weighs about 1,170 metric tons.

Now, was the stone destined for the Trilithon some half mile away? Well, thats another debate I can't get into now but the three stones in her wall show significant weathering compared to the Hadjar el Gouble. We'll save that one for another time.

S&F - good debates here mate
edit on 9-12-2012 by Sublimecraft because: spelling / grammar

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
From the video.

No wheel in the pre-columbian New World eh?

edit on 9-12-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by d8track
Thanks for the video. I liked it. Interesting to see David Childress talk about something other than aliens.
He makes a good point with the age the sites were constructed . It does look obvious that the best made is the oldest. The tools and buildings the aztec had when the Spanish arrived were not like pumapunku. The stonework looks made to withstand earthquakes and last. It was made by either people from somewhere that new how to prepare for the worst or lived there for a long time.
The T grooves in the stone with accuracy compared to small stones to make walls it is obvious that there is two different cultures from different times at work here.

The Aztecs did not build Pumapunku. You can easilly do a quick search and see who did. In fact, it would be in land controlled by the Incas at that time, no where near the Aztecs

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I found that interesting as well. This is clear evidence that the large stones were there much earlier than the inca. If the inca were there for 500-600 years and were at the prime of there civilization in the year 1500 than the larger better construction must of bin there a thousand years before them. They just used what was there to make there lives better and moved in. Remodeled the place and got credit for building it.

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

The wheel is a good fined but two or four would be better. The one they found looks functional and could be used to move the large blocks. But it could of made a good grain mill to make bread.
edit on 9-12-2012 by d8track because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 9 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   

. If we can't move such blocks today then it is obvious to me they had some kind of knowledge that we don't have today.
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The reason we can't move these blocks today is because we have no need to.

If for some reason, we were suddenly faced with a problem that could only be solved by moving huge stone blocks around, then you better believe we could develop a method, or technology to move them. There just isn't a reason to do so.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join