It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do Freemasons worship demons!? I used to think not. Then I read this.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

Interesting. What am I missing here? As far as I can see, the thread title is the only part that does not benefit everyone who reads it provided the reader reads a few posts down to see the misconception corrected.

Other than that, it looks like it is a valuable thread to Masons looking to clear up misconception to me. I must not be paying enough attention or something.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by NarrowGate

do you know what a favor I have done for you by opening this thread? Consider what has been written.

Do you not watch movies or have you not studied it enough as you say to know the devil is all about giving favors?

Your a funny guy/gal

Let go of the demons and enjoy the moment for that's all we really have.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarrowGate
I said I will provide the quotes in PM.

After you said you would post them in the thread.

What happened? Could not find any?

You do realize Jesus is the most important person in my life...

By your untruths, false accusations and inability to fulfill what you stated, no, I had no clue you were a devout follower of Jesus.

edit on 11-12-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer, only Satanic sweet tea

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I have to agree with AugustusMasonicus with regards to the non-belief in Satan.

The "Satan wants us not to believe in him" story is logically crazy.

In my opinion, if it were true, then Satan would then be a pretty weak demon compared to others, since if his major aim was making people not believe in him, he has failed dismally compared to other demons. As an example, take Mufi, the Green Demon. There's not a single person in the whole world that believes in him. Therefore he has been much more effective than Satan in his non-belief goal, and therefore a much more effective demon.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Yes, but now the cat's out of the bag. Mufi is going to get worldwide attention and it's all your fault!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Yeah, I know. As a high level Mason, who is one of the few who has knowledge of Mufi, I will probably be called a demon worshiper.

The irony is that by exposing him, I am actually going against his plan of getting everyone ion the world to deny his existence. Therefore, I must logically be anti-Mufi.

Oh, that's right - high level Masons can't be anti-demon, because there's a fanatic anti-mason site that says so.

Jeez, my brain hurts. I think I need a Whiskey.

edit on 11/12/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   

I brought up that topic as I did a paper on the eschatology of Catholicism and Hinduism called "End Times" and there are some interesting similarities. Playing Devil's Advocate, I'm just curious to see how one embraces the Holy Trinity, but would denounce the avatar concept of other religions such as Hinduism.

A question I would like to pose to Masons in this thread: was opening this thread beneficial to Masons?

Meh, honestly not really for me as I have been here long enough to hear most of the conspiracies held against Freemasonry. Network Dude, JoshN, Saurus, Sky, Augustus, MasonicLight (if he ever gets back on), and I have been debating on this site for quite a while (some longer than the others).

You mistakenly (and you admitted this) started this thread based upon one comment made by Veritas who you thought was a Mason and mistook Augustus's belief that Satan is imaginary for an embrace of demons.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by AugustusMasonicus

I said I will provide the quotes in PM.

After you said you would post them in the thread.

What happened? Could not find any?

You do realize Jesus is the most important person in my life...

By your untruths, false accusations and inability to fulfill what you stated, no, I had no clue you were a devout follower of Jesus.

edit on 11-12-2012 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer, only Satanic sweet tea

I am waiting on the quote from you! you never provided the one where I blame demons on my actions!
That is only part of why we will continue this correspondence in PM or not at all. I am not interested in what other members think, because that nor this thread proves a dang thing.
Give me my quote and I will post in this thread with yours, otherwise we can do this in PM Mitt.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Considering I adhere to the Catholic interpretation, that much is obvious. They are free to believe what they want, and it might even be interesting to learn. To fall for any of it would show a lack of loyalty to God on my part and in my opinion, which I would like to think I am incapable of.

I know you are aware of the conspiracy theories, but were you 100% aware of how they come to be in the first place?

If a person whose head was not level had this conversation, they would run around saying Satan surely runs the Masons and spread it.

I never said he embraces or worships them. I said pushing that belief helps them if he manages to get someone to believe. Considering what I have seen, he is smarter than most of the population. Combine that with dishonest tactics, and he might just convince a believer that Satan is not real and Jesus did not come to save us from its works. IMHO that is indirectly working for Satan, even if he doesn't know that is what he is doing.

Yes I did think Veritas was a Freemason and he is not, but he is that mans friend so it is still somewhat in context, but not really. Anyone reading will see that though. Had you not corrected it before me, I would have still corrected myself because honesty is important to me.
edit on 11-12-2012 by NarrowGate because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Well, I never bought into an anti-masonry website. Point taken though.

I was wondering, could you tell more about Mufi?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

well god has many names you know, alot of war would be ended if we just stopped calling god names, there cant be 5 things that pull the strings, and maybe god only pulls strings when he has too maybe he just lets everything just be, and we cant blame a deity or demons for the evil that men do, it just happens, usually evil comes from greed, and i think were the only species who even understands what greed is, so we cant blame a satan or a demon, we cant blame others , only ourselves for reactiong negatively when we should be reacting positvely instead of feeding a constant fire

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
well i dont know what else to say on the topic of masons, as i am not a mason, and do not know anything about them, it would be fair or logical to preach about something i know very little about

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I am waiting on the quote from you! you never provided the one where I blame demons on my actions!

You do know what rhetoric is, right? I applied your admitted apologetics for other people's poor behavior on you.

That is only part of why we will continue this correspondence in PM or not at all.

I guess that means you found none. Just as I figured.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I said pushing that belief helps them if he manages to get someone to believe.

It only helps 'them' (demons) if they are real. Which of course they are not so I really do not concern myself with that aspect.

Considering what I have seen, he is smarter than most of the population.

Yeah, because I choose to continue to educate myself.

Combine that with dishonest tactics...

Like making erroneous threads...oh, wait, I got me confused with you.

...and he might just convince a believer that Satan is not real and Jesus did not come to save us from its works. IMHO that is indirectly working for Satan, even if he doesn't know that is what he is doing.

Is your faith so weak that I may, through rational discussion, convince you of the non-existence of Satan? If not, then you why are you worried about anyone else? Is that your mission in life? To convince as many people as possible that Satan is in fact real?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AugustusMasonicus

You are being deceptive. I refer you to my new signature. I have enjoyed our back-and-forth, I have learned quite a bit. You have also helped me realize that my signature is missing a bit - I left out people putting words in my mouth. Thank you and good night.

edit: If you are genuinely looking for intelligent discussion, I will PM you the quotes if you PM me first (U2U, sorry). Otherwise, the quotes are in the link in the OP. I have to admit there are 3 main forms of lies Satan tells us.

1. Something that already is
2. Something that can not be
3. Something that was already going to happen.

According to my beliefs, I have fallen to Satan in this thread. I promised to post quotes, and as such am guilty of the 1st deception that I have mentioned.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

If you are genuinely looking for intelligent discussion, I will PM you the quotes...

I really do not understand your deep desire to hold private communication with me. Either fulfill what you stated or we can all assume that you are full of it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

do you know what a favor I have done for you by opening this thread? Consider what has been written.

Do you not watch movies or have you not studied it enough as you say to know the devil is all about giving favors?

Your a funny guy/gal

Let go of the demons and enjoy the moment for that's all we really have.

What do demons have to do with enjoying life anyways? You can enjoy life just as well whether you know about them or not. This life is irrelevant the flesh is of no avail the spirit is all that matters. That is a part of my beliefs.

I suggest you do more research and stop watching movies. The devil is all about stealing love. It uses multiple tactics to do that. Love does not equal enjoying life btw.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Saurus
Yeah, I know. As a high level Mason, who is one of the few who has knowledge of Mufi, I will probably be called a demon worshiper.

The irony is that by exposing him, I am actually going against his plan of getting everyone ion the world to deny his existence. Therefore, I must logically be anti-Mufi.

Oh, that's right - high level Masons can't be anti-demon, because there's a fanatic anti-mason site that says so.

Jeez, my brain hurts. I think I need a Whiskey.

edit on 11/12/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

First off - at the reference to "disinformation" next to your avatar .

There is more than one way to look at what you bring up.

Jesus did not mention many demons (In the Scripture anyways), but Satan is interchangeable with "insert random demon" simply because they serve Satan to an extent, and Satan literally means Adversary which all demons are.

I could go into more detail, but people already think I am obsessed with the subject for some odd reason. If you ask I will, though.

Also, we do not hear of Mufi in the Scripture. There are very few demons that were vile enough to be called by name. They can all be referred to as "legion" though, because that is what they call themselves (according to God).

Understand you are dealing with a Christian. I am not trying to push my beliefs on you, but if you ask I will answer.

Also funny was the "As a high level mason".

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Duplicate post
edit on 12/12/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   

First off - at the reference to "disinformation" next to your avatar .

It was something that I was once called by an anti-mason on this site. I thought it was funny, so I put it on my profile.

There is more than one way to look at what you bring up.

Jesus did not mention many demons (In the Scripture anyways), but Satan is interchangeable with "insert random demon" simply because they serve Satan to an extent, and Satan literally means Adversary which all demons are.

I could go into more detail, but people already think I am obsessed with the subject for some odd reason. If you ask I will, though.

Also, we do not hear of Mufi in the Scripture. There are very few demons that were vile enough to be called by name. They can all be referred to as "legion" though, because that is what they call themselves (according to God).

Understand you are dealing with a Christian. I am not trying to push my beliefs on you, but if you ask I will answer.

Since God (through Jesus) clearly did most of his teaching through parables and allegory, is it not plausible that the Satan/demon concept was also an allegory to make people do what is right.

Some people need reward to do what is right. Others respond better to fear. Is it not plausible that God would have used the reward of heaven to entice some to do what is right, and the allegory of Satan to 'scare' others into doing what is right, since at the end of the day, different people react differently to different stimuli?

Especially considering that almost everything else that he taught was done by allegory.

[quote ]Also funny was the "As a high level mason"

By Mason standards, I am a high-level Mason. By anti-Mason standard's, I'm a low-level 'sheep' who is not aware of the 'secrets' of the 'higher degrees' because I am not a Scottish Rite Mason.

Take your pick...

edit on 12/12/2012 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join