It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I really hope that this doesn't turn out to be like that movie, "Seeking A Friend for the End of the World."

As awesome as that movie is, it's concept also scares the crap out of me.

I guess the same could be said for "Deep Impact" and "Armageddon." But I can relate to "Seeking A Friend" a lot more.

Either way, make peace with yourself, family, friends, God and Mother Earth.

Light and Love

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

What they were saying is that if it is made up of mulitple rock as opposed to one large one then earths garvity could have an effect on its shape there by making its next approach towards earth in 2014 a little different than the projected path as it is today. Not changing its composition. how could that happen without physical forces, but changing its trajectory.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

I read all of this with fear and fascination...

So glad you signed it off with a link to Zetatalk... then I knew it had to be complete rubbish!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Evildead

From spaceweather.com:

BIG ASTEROID FLYBY: Large near-Earth asteroid 4179 Toutatis is flying past Earth this week. At closest approach on Dec. 12th, it will be 7 million km away, or 18 times farther than the Moon. Astronomers are taking advantage of the flyby to learn more about the asteroid's orbit, shape, and topography. Here are a few shadowy images of the asteroid illuminated by NASA's Goldstone radar in the Mojave desert:

Fortunately, there is no danger of a collision with Toutatis for hundreds of years. Radar observations should improve researchers' ability to predict the asteroid's trajectory even farther into the future

spaceweather.com...

Looks like the closest flyby is 201DA14 on Feb. 15th 2013 with a lunar distance of 0.09LD at a size of 57 m.
edit on 12/8/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Deleted.
edit on 12/8/12 by Evildead because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beavers
reply to post by JrDavis

I read all of this with fear and fascination...

So glad you signed it off with a link to Zetatalk... then I knew it had to be complete rubbish!

The first two sentences did it for me

"We have described the location of Planet X since 2005 as being within the orbit of Venus and moving slowly outbound. It is moving in a retrograde orbit, pushing the Earth back from when it was stopped in its orbit in 2003 in the December position.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Originally posted by Evildead

Originally posted by Phage

They are not talking about a comet. They are talking about 2012 DA14, an NEO asteroid.
www.cosmosmagazine.com...

Oh yup, you're correct. My bad.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

And from the link provided I thought this is something important to mentally keep note of...

As is this:

Size : 45m and an estimated mass of 130,000 tonnes.

(In ref to the asteroid, not the comet mentioned in the op)
edit on 8-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Looks like Jupiter was hit by a large object yesterday and it was caught on cam.
See article for info. & pic: The moment Jupiter was HIT by a giant asteroid yesterday - and humanity's only record was taken by a faithful webcam in the dead of night

Dude, no. That was not yesterday, that happened in September. Always double-check the publish date:

PUBLISHED: 07:49 EST, 11 September 2012

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
YEAH boi its about to get real real. Hope something comes of this.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Hmmm....I think planet x might actually be a V4. Well, at least those who think planet X exists will have something to say was right, we have something big in the vicinity of earth about the right time in December 2012. No one wins this one I guess, and noone loses. Now we can move on to another doomsday event, that planet x was getting old anyway.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nyiah

Looks like Jupiter was hit by a large object yesterday and it was caught on cam.
See article for info. & pic: The moment Jupiter was HIT by a giant asteroid yesterday - and humanity's only record was taken by a faithful webcam in the dead of night

Dude, no. That was not yesterday, that happened in September. Always double-check the publish date:

PUBLISHED: 07:49 EST, 11 September 2012

Yeah well, the point is it WAS hit and they did not expect it AGAIN!
edit on 8-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Aliens are cosmic bowling...look out if they knock out the center pin (Earth)....it's gonna be a STRIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

I've seen so much of these video's now, that my panic button has internal defects from hitting it. So I do not sleep more worse than I did yesterday!

As some say its like trowing a soda can from the ISS at the earth......

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1

I've seen so much of these video's now, that my panic button has internal defects from hitting it. So I do not sleep more worse than I did yesterday!

As some say its like trowing a soda can from the ISS at the earth......

and so what if it was the end, Id rather die enjoying myself or something i love to do , then in full panick mode jumping around like a twit , with no sense of dignity........

I guess i just dont understand why people freak out about this stuff...........what will be will be, and we will move on in another life......

Id rather see it coming and witness the wonder, and awe.... then someone peeing themselves in a corner........

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

"Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!"

No it isn't.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This thread needs closing there is no approaching object coming toward earth that is going to cause a threat to this planet. Although we do have objects approaching the earth all the time but they have no danger to this planet.
edit on 8-12-2012 by deviant300 because: Correction to Sentence

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

From spaceweather.com:

BIG ASTEROID FLYBY: Large near-Earth asteroid 4179 Toutatis is flying past Earth this week. At closest approach on Dec. 12th, it will be 7 million km away, or 18 times farther than the Moon. Astronomers are taking advantage of the flyby to learn more about the asteroid's orbit, shape, and topography. Here are a few shadowy images of the asteroid illuminated by NASA's Goldstone radar in the Mojave desert:

Fortunately, there is no danger of a collision with Toutatis for hundreds of years. Radar observations should improve researchers' ability to predict the asteroid's trajectory even farther into the future

spaceweather.com...

Looks like the closest flyby is 201DA14 on Feb. 15th 2013 with a lunar distance of 0.09LD at a size of 57 m.
edit on 12/8/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

So is the object in the videos in the OP C/2012-V4 or Asteroid Toutatis? lol

So much activity going on up there as of late.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Can we get a mod to either confirm or deny this story. If it is bogus, it needs to be treated as such. I hate when my wife looks over my shoulder at the title of these threads and gives me a look like belong in the loony bin.

When am I finally going to be able to let her look and show her actual evidence...??!?!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Dude...no one is making you read it!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
First you post
"Anyone know what it is?"
Then you posted
"Get to your bunkers now! Time to bug out!"

It's this kind of ignorance ["Anyone know what it is?"] based alarmism ["Get to your bunkers now! Time to bug out!"] that ends up badly for families.

I can only imagine how many people are screaming at their families being completely terrified because you posted this nonsense.
They might be stupid for following your suggestion, but you're cruel for posting extreme alarmist nonsense.
"2012 DA14" is well known about, as are the majority of Near Earth Objects.
I think I'm officially dropping ATS from my support list.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join