Large Object Quickly Approaching Earth!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lonewulph

Ummm..if you run the JPL applet by the HOUR you will see the object go CLOSER than .0001 AU to a closest distance of 2.0E-4 which is 18,591.1615 miles or 29,919.5741 kilometers.

Just below our sattelites that are at 22,500 miles. I'd venture a guess to say that's pretty close.

Pic is too small JPL LINK HERE Run by the HOUR through FEB 15th, 2013. Approximately 11:00 PM(one more click on the foward button changes to the 16th)

Yeah I saw that figure too, but didn't know if that was closer or moving away. That IS close.

How big is that thing anyway?
edit on 8-12-2012 by Lonewulph because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Ok I just have to post this.

We all know it's Nibiru approaching. So get ready.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonewulph

I'm still waiting for Planet X guy from page 1 to respond.
We could all be doomed you know?

Why trust that unreliable science thing when you can rely on the TRUTH you get from your pineal gland vibrational frequencies that are in tune with the YOUniverse?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by Evildead

They are not talking about a comet. They are talking about 2012 DA14, an NEO asteroid.
www.cosmosmagazine.com...

Oh yup, you're correct. My bad.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead

reply to post by Evildead

They are not talking about a comet. They are talking about 2012 DA14, an NEO asteroid.

Oh yup, you're correct. My bad.

Something to keep an eye on for sure.

And from the link provided I thought this is something important to mentally keep note of...

The asteroid will not pass through our atmosphere and so is unlikely to break up. However, “forces from Earth could change its shape if it is a rubble pile and not a single rock. At this time we do not know which of those two it is,” added Campins. Any change in the composition or shape of the asteroid has the capability to alter its path, which could see it come even closer to Earth in the future. The asteroid will be too faint to see with the naked eye, although it will be visible through binoculars or a telescope. Additionally, live feeds from telescopes in Spain will offer the public the chance to witness the event.

So basically by the time Feb. rolls around its composition may be different.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

So basically by the time Feb. rolls around its composition may be different

That isn't what it says. It says that when it passes Earth in February something may happen to it. If it does, the data for the next approach (in 2014) may not be accurate.
edit on 12/8/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I wouldn't be surprised if a large object was actually approaching the Earth. Had that vision a few months back, you'll have to read my thread about it if you want to know more information about it.

All I'm going to say people is, just be ready. If there's anytime anyone should be ready to accept death, make peace with themselves and everyone else the time is now my Brothers and Sisters.

Good luck. Regardless of what happens I'll see you all on the other side one way or another.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

So basically by the time Feb. rolls around its composition may be different

That isn't what it says. It says that when it passes Earth in February something may happen to it. If it does, the data for the next approach (in 2014) may not be accurate.

So in Feb. the composition may not be different?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Sounds to me like at a minimum it will come into contact with our vast array of space junk.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Why would it be?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ

Why would it be?

“forces from Earth could change its shape if it is a rubble pile and not a single rock. At this time we do not know which of those two it is,” added Campins. Any change in the composition or shape of the asteroid has the capability to alter its path, which could see it come even closer to Earth in the future.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
Sounds to me like at a minimum it will come into contact with our vast array of space junk.

Send satellites flying to earth.... hope not.

Time tells all though. We wait and see if a show manifests!

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Well, if by the Elite you mean American kids with too much money and nothing better to do than spread hoaxes in the hope of infamy, then yes

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The asteroid will not encounter significant tidal forces from Earth until it is very close. It will not be very close until February. Even if those tidal forces cause the asteroid to break up any change in its orbit will not be significant enough to alter its current close approach distance. However it may cause a change which would affect the distance on future passes.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evildead
reply to post by Raulken

That IS interesting... Any "experts" have any further info. on the path of this comet? Seems like there is conflicting data on its trajectory. If this comet comes THAT close it could pose a big threat to our satellites and Earth's gravity could change its path.

That would be a sight to see, a comet coming so close.

2013 is shaping up to be a wild year for astronomy with all the comets incoming and the solar maximum.

Most of the sites I have looked at say they are "unsure" of the size.

Remember they never believed Jupiter would be hit either.

At a distance of just 22,500km this will be the closest asteroid ‘fly by’ in recorded history.

edit on 8-12-2012 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

reply to post by MamaJ

The asteroid will not encounter significant tidal forces from Earth until it is very close. It will not be very close until February. Even if those tidal forces cause the asteroid to break up any change in its orbit will not be significant enough to alter its current close approach distance. However it may cause a change which would affect the distance on future passes.

Ok... thats another way I was reading it as well... just wanted some clarification from ya. Thanks.

So... when is it supposed to cruise by us again ? Also, they don't seem concerned about the close encounter with our "stuff" in space. What if it knocks a satellite into our atmosphere? Would it reek havoc ya think?

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Well, I think the probability that something big enough to seriously impact us inhabitants of Earth is extremely thin, I also think that the probability that if something was actually coming at us, those in the know would keep it a secret is pretty high.

Most likely you will read it here long before the public is made aware. Maybe we will see a big bright object in the sky a day or two before impact.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by JrDavis

boy oh boy what wont pass for scientific evidence these days. Sheesh.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

So... when is it supposed to cruise by us again ?
Mid February 2014, at a greater distance than 2013.

Also, they don't seem concerned about the close encounter with our "stuff" in space. What if it knocks a satellite into our atmosphere? Would it reek havoc ya think?
There actually is quite a bit of room between satellites, the chances are remote for a collision. In any case there isn't much to be done about it.

If there is a collision any bits of satellite which did enter the atmosphere would likely vaporize.

This may be a good time to reiterate that the object of the OP is not 2012 D14. It is a comet which will come nowhere near Earth.

posted on Dec, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

Ya know, should I be maxing out my credit cards and giving my gifts a week early or what? If this is true everyone on my list is getting a big gift this year.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join