It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within ONE Year: Tens of Millions Will Eagerly And Willingly PAY To Relinquish Their Privacy

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
and just in time for this massive influx of information, let us not forget the new...

...NSA data center.

Apparently even members of Congress are reading Wired these days

I knew it.......the government is wired.

It's just like congress to expect the higher ups of a spy agency to actually be forthcoming and honest.

Oh well, the Federal Government still has one or two good uses left in them.

We'll see in a few days.

As the old saying goes "Information and truth don't always walk hand in hand."

Here you go ATS. Track the trackers.

chrome.google.com...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
In the future (now) we will adapt to this because one way or another we will be force to buy all of the no privacy stuff to deal with everyday life. Everyone should have known when the internet came out and you dial up, it's over. Your arse and mine belong to them, people like you and me. We all can sit here and denied the fact of not using this technology but we have to and its the way of life. That's why you have a social security number, driver's license, first and last name, hell even a thumb print. There people like me watching you and ME on a daily basics.

Learn, adapt, live, and be slaves. Your world, our control.

edit on 7-12-2012 by sylent6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Excellent thread Heff. This is not only going to be something aimed at gamers. I read an article yesterday about cable boxes are going to have motion sensors and more in them for marketing to you, monitor how many people etc are watching a show (demographics:@@

The TV box that can detect when you're cuddling on the sofa and show you an advert for condoms

The cable boxes of the future could be able to detect when viewers are cuddling on the sofa and automatically serve adverts for contraceptives. U.S. cable provider Verizon has applied to patent a set-top box technology that can observe what's going on in the room and show viewers adverts based on what it detects. In U.S. Patent Application 20120304206 the company suggests it could detect when people are 'cuddling' then show 'a commercial for a romantic getaway vacation, a commercial for a contraceptive, a commercial for flowers [...] etc.' The technology would integrate a range of sensors into their products, including thermal imaging cameras, microphones and motion sensors, to detect the mood their audience and tailor media content to suit. Privacy campaigners called the new technology a 'privacy nightmare waiting around the corner' and called for it to be reined in 'before consumers lose control for good'. It has disturbing echoes of George Orwell's dystopia 1984, where the population were constantly watched by authorities through cameras integrated in their television screens. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Verizon- Patent # - 20120304206

A few mentions from the above link ...

1. A method comprising: presenting, by a media content presentation system, a media content program comprising an advertisement break; detecting, by the media content presentation system, an ambient action performed by a user during the presentation of the media content program and within a detection zone associated with the media content presentation system; selecting, by the media content presentation system, an advertisement associated with the detected ambient action; and presenting, by the media content presentation system, the selected advertisement during the advertisement break.
2. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambient action comprises at least one of eating, exercising, laughing, reading, sleeping, talking, singing, humming, cleaning, and playing a musical instrument.
3. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambient action comprises an interaction between the user and another user.
4. The method of claim 3, wherein the interaction between the user and the another user comprises at least one of cuddling, fighting, participating in a game or sporting event, and talking.
5. The method of claim 1, wherein the ambient action comprises an interaction by the user with a separate mobile device.
6. The method of claim 5, wherein the presenting of the selected advertisement comprises directing the separate mobile device to present the selected advertisement.
7. The method of claim 5, wherein the detecting of the ambient action comprises communicating with the separate mobile device to obtain information associated with the user's interaction with the separate mobile device; and the selecting comprises utilizing the information obtained from the separate mobile device to select the advertisement.

Does this mean it will somehow be monitoring your mobile device (phone/tablet) while you are watching T.V. ?

Dont dismiss Heffs claim because it applies to gamers this is going global eventually.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Also meant to add in previous post Comcast has held patents like the one above since 2008.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta
Dont dismiss Heffs claim because it applies to gamers this is going global eventually.

Absolutely. Biometrics as a means of spying is not only going global but governments are making such systems mandatory.

Mexico plans to start enrolling 110 million citizens into its national ID card program this summer. The program will be among the first to capture iris, fingerprint and facial biometrics for identification, says Terry Hartmann, vice president of identity solutions at Unisys.

www.thirdfactor.com...

Biometric register for 2012 elections is coming on: The chairman of the Electoral Commission (EC), Dr. Kwadwo Afari-Djan, has stated that the commission is vigorously going on with the processes of ensuring that it secures a biometric registration system for the 2012 general election.

www.allghanadata.com...

Philippines OKs biometric election registration: A bill that seeks to introduce biometric identity authentication into elections in the Philippines has passed the country’s House of Representatives following a third reading, according to a Manila Bulletin article.

Brazil and Biometric Elections: The use of biometric voter verification in Brazil's national voter system began in 2008 and is scheduled to be cover all voters in 2018. Voting is compulsory in Brazil.

[url]http://securlinx.blogspot.com/2011/04/brazil-and-biometric-elections.html" target="_blank" class="postlink" rel="nofollow">
www.thirdfactor.com...[/url

Brazil and Biometric Elections: The use of biometric voter verification in Brazil's national voter system began in 2008 and is scheduled to be cover all voters in 2018. Voting is compulsory in Brazil.

[url]http://securlinx.blogspot.com/2011/04/brazil-and-biometric-elections.html

The Brunei Times: The government has agreed in principle to provide allocations for the Election Commission (EC) to implement the biometric voter verification system, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak said yesterday.

thevotingnews.com... -times/

Haiti's Biometric Elections: In order to vote, every Haitian over the age of eighteen must register for a new national identification card, which will replace previous forms of identification. After the elections, the card will become mandatory for all Haitians, linking them to government services and financial records.

www.dominionpaper.ca...

Sierra Leone buys US$18M biometric machines for elections: Sierra Leone's National Electoral Commission (NEC) is purchasing 800 biometric machines worth a total of US$18.6 million, to be used to register voters in January for next year's general elections.

www.itworldcanada.com...

Malaysia to use biometric system for voters in elections: Kuala Lumpur, Jun 21 (PTI) Malaysia will use the biometric system, similar to the one currently used by the country''s Immigration Department, in the next general elections to avoid accusation of phantom votes.

news.in.msn.com...

Goodluck Jonathan, Nigeria’s president, has made the $580m list the costly centrepiece of his pledge to oversee proper polls this spring. The ruling People’s Democratic Party, on whose ticket Mr Jonathan is running, has won three elections since army rule ended in 1999, all marred by violence and fraud. Nigeria’s election commission is now working on a snazzy biometric list, complete with photographs and fingerprints. During a three-week registration drive that ended on February 7th, the commission says over 65m voters had their pictures taken and their fingers scanned.

www.economist.com...
edit on 7-12-2012 by METACOMET because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by ShotGunRum

Sure. Cover it up.

How do you muffle the microphone?

I am fairly suspicious of anything that listens or sees inside my home. I have 2 XBox consoles. 1 in my room, 1 in my sons Mine is the older white one, his is the new black one. We gave the kinect device away. My headset is only plugged in when we are in party together. He is the only person on my friends list. So i generally am very cautious.

This device will not be in my home. And sadly, it looks like I may just have to retire from gaming if the options all move in this direction. Which saddens me. I beat Mike Tyson when it was a only about 4 months on the market. I bought Pac Man on the first day it was available at KMart. I used to play Pong with my uncle on his shiny new gaming system. I have been at this a long time, and it would seriously sadden me to be forced to quit.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
This is why many believe that Iris scanning is the end game of biometric spying. If you have any interest in the future of government secret police technology, please read.

Biometrics R&D firm Global Rainmakers Inc. (GRI) announced today that it is rolling out its iris scanning technology to create what it calls "the most secure city in the world." In a partnership with Leon -- one of the largest cities in Mexico, with a population of more than a million -- GRI will fill the city with eye-scanners.

"In the future, whether it's entering your home, opening your car, entering your workspace, getting a pharmacy prescription refilled, or having your medical records pulled up, everything will come off that unique key that is your iris," says Jeff Carter, CDO of Global Rainmakers. Before coming to GRI, Carter headed a think tank partnership between Bank of America, Harvard, and MIT. "Every person, place, and thing on this planet will be connected [to the iris system] within the next 10 years," he says.

Leon is the first step. To implement the system, the city is creating a database of irises. Criminals will automatically be enrolled, their irises scanned once convicted. Law-abiding citizens will have the option to opt-in. "There's a lot of convenience to this--you'll have nothing to carry except your eyes," says Carter, claiming that consumers will no longer be carded at bars and liquor stores. And he has a warning for those thinking of opting out:" When you get masses of people opting-in, opting out does not help. Opting out actually puts more of a flag on you than just being part of the system. We believe everyone will opt-in."

content.usatoday.com...[ /url]
[url]http://www.fastcompany.com/1683302/iris-scanners-create-the-most-secure-city-in-the-world-welcomes-big-brother

And of course, Felipe Calderon, the President of Mexico at the time, got quite the gift after implementing this system.

The president of Mexico received one of the more unusual gifts given by the Queen during an incoming state visit today - a copy of the classic dystopian novel 1984. At Buckingham Palace, Felipe Calderon was presented with a first edition of George Orwell's nightmarish book, which tells of a totalitarian regime and coined the concept Big Brother. The 1949 book was boxed in leather by the bindery at Windsor. A Palace spokeswoman said: "Apparently the president really admires George Orwell."

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Okay so after reading this -awesome thread OP- I began thinking, bare with me...
So we had TiVo, a device that could record shows and LEARN a viewers favorites.
Next we get Direct TV, a device that can record multi shows at the same time for DIFFERENT viewers.
Then Kinect, a device that can differentiate different players and INTERACT with them( are we interacting with it, or the other way around?)
The possible cable device that can differentiate different people in the room and DETERMINE the information received.
If the OP's story is correct about the Kinect 2, it could learn our habits and moods. It could INFER our emotional state and personalities.
How long before these devices JUDGE what is best programming we receive? Scary thought, what if it wants to TRIGGER an emotional response. I believe the building blocks are there... God I hope I'm stretching on this on.
Sorry for all the caps, but the emphasis was important.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Another caveat to this is they are forcing you to opt in to this stuff. Things like making games downloadable or requiring you to be a part of a subscription service. Eventually you will not be able to buy physical copies of media and everything will be on the cloud. Oh whats that not on the cloud? well you cant participate.

I stopped using online services with Xbox and now my Xbox runs like crap and wont even do things it could previously due, instead constantly prompting me to go online to download things.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by westlynx

Well I remember reading about the Comcast box in 2008 using thermal signatures so I am sure they could tell your emotional state to some degree based on that.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wait til they get a load of the things that go on in my house Heff ?

Come back anytime !

SnF
edit on 7-12-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NihilistSanta

Does this mean it will somehow be monitoring your mobile device (phone/tablet) while you are watching T.V. ?

I did a focus group for Halo 4 which is an Xbox game and they did mention that they were thinking of allowing people to check on their in game character online with their phone. So it probably has something to do with that. Everybody was against it though atleast in my group.
edit on 7-12-2012 by sandman441 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Wait til they get a load of the things that go on in my house Heff !

Come back anytime !

Do not jest, sir! This is not a game!

Oh wait...

link   
Well I won't be. I recommend everyone say no to the microchip no matter what end times their technology tries to duplicate.

I'm just waiting for the arrest team which i've been shown to be a part of, even if is the afterlife, its the real one, and they're in need of serious holding tanks and confinement.

I suggest they do what I keep envisioning instead of giving into gloom.

That is: meet with councils of citizens and negotiate true abundance, clean energy, cosmic educations and equality with privacy and farms and nature for all, no beehive, no communism, but soverignity and equality and all nature safe and protected and not raped as done now, with all theocracies and all fascists systems dismantled along with banks.

I am waiting and not patiently.

link   
reply to post by NihilistSanta

And that was almost 5 years ago. With the rate that technology is growing... Forget the TPTB, now I'm worried about The Architect! lol

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by westlynx

At the same time I recall an apple patent that somehow allowed an LED(LCD?) to record an image. Forget about a visible camera any longer. Will search for links.
edit on 7-12-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

The idea behind the invention is to wedge thousands of microscopic image sensors between the LCD cells that make up the display, where each sensor would be responsible for capturing a piece of the overall photo. Those pieces would then be stitched together by software to recreate the complete image capture. According to the filing, made back in June of 2004, the tiny image sensors could also have variable focal lengths in order to zoom and focus the image: "The lens might either be physically moved or have its properties altered. In the latter case, the lens might be made of a material that changes its refractive index in response to electrical stimulus or a magnetic field."

AppleInsider-2008

George Lucas should do a digitally remastered version of THX-1138 only this time digitally alter the film to have the slaves building Iphones to enslave them instead of Androids.
edit on 7-12-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Really great OP, well done. I get the idea of people willingly allowing the privacy invasion to slowly creep in with open arms, but I don't get how the new Xbox would do that. I mean, people have webcams, and cell phones, but do they just leave them on / connected to someone when they're not using it? I just don't see how the Xbox would cause much of an invasion of privacy, other than what the camera takes in and translates to throw through the intertubes.

Also, on a separate note...with the 360 being so far behind the PS3 in terms of computing power...is Sony really going to let MS leapfrog them like that? I really hope not, I've enjoyed my PS3 trouble free from the early days of PS3, while 360-using friends continually repair and replace their tech-gimped, glitchy xboxes. Say it ain't so, Sony!(

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShotGunRum
Isn't this no difference than having a webcam? You can always cover it up if you're paranoid people are watching you.

No you can't! This is part of the dis-information campaign. Yes by all means cover it up when your not using it, throw a towel over it. That does the trick. Then train the children so they can think they are safe. All the while THEY are laughing their butts off.

IT IS NOT THE CAMERA, IT IS THE MICROPHONE THEY WANT!

A microphone that can hear throughout your house. It can hear, convert to text and automatically save. Then we get right back into the list of alarm words and your conversation is read by existing tech that THEY have right now. Reading is faster!

Once you may be of interest, ie, when the alarms go off, then the recording is accessed.

We are suspicious. Our children are not. They will not cover the cameras and all of us are forgetting the microphone. They cannot be covered and they are always on. Disable it, bloody hard to do.

Language is what is monitored, both written and verbal.

P

edit on 7/12/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Dont for get about laptop web cams.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join