It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Within ONE Year: Tens of Millions Will Eagerly And Willingly PAY To Relinquish Their Privacy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

The question is, what do we do to inhibit it?
reply to post by beezzer

Personally, you can opt out.
As a group, I'd say we're 'effed'.
If you want to opt out, I'd say pitch the iPhones, Droids, iPods, iPads, gaming consoles, cable/satellite boxes.... IOW all the stuff we just 'have' to have.
If enough people pitch them, they'll be forced to install the technology in our refrigerators and stoves.

Was that a joke or did you not notice lately..

Source

28 cu. ft. 4-Door Refrigerator and 8" LCD Digital Display with Apps

See How It Runs.
Now available with a Wi-Fi enabled LCD screen loaded with apps. It’s never been easier to organize your food and your family.

Roll over apps to learn more.

10 wacky wifi enabled products

edit on 12/7/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

My friend, we need to get ahead of the curve.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

No, I wasn't kidding.
I should have said that they will be forced to put them on the 'low end' household appliances that I can afford.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Something to consider, if your laptop has a camera place opaque tape or a band aid over it - let's just say smart, not-paranoid people in tech do this as a best practice. The scripts are easily written to turn it on without your consent to watch you. If you must video Skype (another MS property) or something, just remove the tape then put it back on when finished.

As for the XBox - there won't be one in my home.

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: added skype/ms ownership

edit on 7-12-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

No, I wasn't kidding.
I should have said that they will be forced to put them on the 'low end' household appliances that I can afford.

Wi-Fi Helps Appliances Think for Themselves

My point is we are way behind the game here... They won't be forced to do anything...

They are already wanting to make Everything synched up to each other.. It's like a giant animal.. Every device is a neuron..

Makes one understand the anti technology nuts of the 90s 2000s, better no?

It just gets cheaper and cheaper... I have as much of my "networked neurons" turned off as possible, but I wouldn't mind giving this beast massive brain damage...

As in the matrix though I am already exposing myself to the enemy, and that enemy is everyone who is still plugged in. That is everyone who will go along...

I will be socially unacceptable in no time...

Yay.

Lucky for me my girlfriend is one of those people that breaks up signals and makes computers not work just by being in the same room. So I have a little built in protection haha.. We joke about the new way to encrypt data... Pencil and paper hahahaha... Intercept that son!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Come on heff....

Why is it everyone is out to hurt you? In the future our shared experiances are going to make compassion and empathy unavoidable.

There wont be any need to abuse your fellow man heff. There wont be any reason to.....

Humanity needs a mom, and we're gonna build her together.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

Come on heff....

Why is it everyone is out to hurt you? In the future our shared experiances are going to make compassion and empathy unavoidable.

There wont be any need to abuse your fellow man heff. There wont be any reason to.....

Humanity needs a mom, and we're gonna build her together.

Posts like these sarcastic or not can't tell, make me think the fema camps are just re-training facilities so that me and people like heff get to learn our place as a cell in the body of the beast. We are a cancer that has different coding.. It's like we think we are individual human beings or something... So they'll fix us and then bring us back online into the network..

Then we'll be happy.

It's a Brave New World, and I'm just a little ole savage holding on to silly ideas like Love and Freewill. I'll leave the advanced sexual movie simulations and birth control belts to you guys..

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Well Heff, what can I say?

Nail......hit..........

Won't find one of those in my house.Besides not being able to afford one, I never liked them anyway.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Now you know you're not supposed to express individual ideas- that's "rebel talk"!!!

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Jokes aside, if Mitt Romney would have one, this thread would still be here, worded identically. These issues, I am afraid, are much more complex than the two party illusion.

That statement alone is worth it's weight in gold! If only those who argue the rights and wrongs of this corrupt system would open their eyes to see it!

Imagine a country where those in charge are no longer believed.........

I wish and pray for something like this to happen.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Heff, take a look at the biometric patents.

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

I think that's touched on in part of my OP. But to elucidate ( or include if I missed it the first go around ) - there is the potential that the Kinect 2 could actually detect your emotions. ( I know that was in one of the source articles I was referencing, but can't recall if I included that part here - or just got lazy about it. I do know I am lazy now though.
)

This week, Microsoft filed a patent for tracking systems that detect a user’s emotions to match online advertisements to moods.
The technology works by capturing facial expressions in video conversations and Facebook status updates. Users’ moods are further assessed by speech patterns, web browsing history and content searches, along with emails and instant messages.
Advertisers are matched people who are either “positive, happy, confused, neutral, negative, angry or sad,” according to the patent.

Source

This, in and of itself, is pretty disturbing. But the potential for abuse is staggering...

Imagine this:

Your honor, the defendant, as seen here on video, on the morning of January the sixth, walked past his television in a rage and his own entertainment system recorded him silently mouthing the words _______ - an obvious violation of law. Further, the software biometrics analysis suggests that he was genuinely angry and speaking truthfully when she mouthed those words..."

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

HA! You're certainly not lazy, my friend. You're cranking out some incredible big brother threads lately! Thank god the election is over. (wink)

There are some more extremely creepy biometrics associated with this device. IIRC one is a controller that biometrically reads the hand.

I'm still waiting for them to drop the hammer and include an iris scanning technology in such a unti. I have not been able to confirm such yet.

They should call this the "XBOX Trojan Horse"

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The other day the built in camera on my laptop came on and now - can not get it to turn off at all. So the computer is turned off and disconnected from the internet.

Next thing they will be knocking on my door

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
As a gamer for well over 30 years, this sounds like a dream come true. A truely immersive world in 3d that can interact based on emotions, where you could live and lose yourself for hours and days and weeks at a time.

As a human, this scares the crap out of me. That technology this advanced is being used for games, means you know the military/government has had it for years.

The social/privacy aspects are frightening. People locked in their rooms and no longer middling. Perhaps virtual sex so disease/pregnancy is not an issue. Loss of community as people interact only digitally. Lack of attention to the world and real world events, allowing a whole generation plus to become detached from reality. And then the monitoring and privacy violations.

I guess since chipping is falling through, biometric cameras can record your eating habits, smoking, etc.

*puke*

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
And if all this hasn't baked your noodle yet... consider this:

Not only will people pay between $500.00 and $600.00 for this device. But they will also pay x $$$ per month to connect it to the internet, and
x$$$ per month for an Xbox Live membership... ALL to help it do what it does.

Incredibly, Orwell only had it part correct. He imagined that Big Brother would be forced upon us. He never, that I am aware of, predicted that we would gleefully pay a subscription for for the privilege!

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   

This has been going on much worse than the kinect or laptop cameras for awhile. Check this article from early October:

Shining a Big Light on the Human Face of Big Data – “Mission Control” Events in New York City, London and Singapore Spark a Global Conversation

“Big Data is beginning to affect every aspect of our existence,” said Smolan. “Everyone carrying a smartphone has become a human sensor. Our increasing ability to sense and measure the world in real time is something our planet has never seen before. From curing diseases to conserving precious resources such as water and energy, Big Data may be the exact toolset we need to address many of the most pressing issues of our time.”

“Through Big Data, we can go beyond just isolating largely circulated messages and their authors. We can even find out how influential a person is in social media to show how they are driving real-time conversations. The compilation of Big Data gives us the power to identify the key influencers in any industry,” said Deb Roy, co-founder and chairman of Bluefin Labs. “Big Data is changing our world and, for the first time in history, we have the ability to use data on our own to change the world for the better. By connecting the skills of the data science community with the causes and vision of the social sector, we can go beyond just using data to make better decisions about what kind of movies we want to see or what restaurants we want to go to, and instead use data to make better decisions about what kind of a world we want to see,” commented Jake Porway, executive director of DataKind.

All the smartphones accessible at anytime, EVERYWHERE, to create a digital representation of the physical world. They could have half the major populated centers completely 3D mapped and setup for instant access.

Here, read this. I have seen worse just to use a stupid flashlight app.

How App Permissions Work & Why You Should Care [Android]

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Heff..........Please allow me to ask a question pertinent to the overall content of this thread - who are they that you often refer to in your writings?

For myself - I have a very clear and well researched idea about who they are, and I am quite willing to say it out loud and very clearly for my readers in all that I would write, and in any oral arguments and/or presentations that I would give to the listening public. But as I read your material here on ATS (all of it btw) I couldn't help but wonder if you are aware of who they really are. If not I think you should be, or at the very least you should be willing to acknowledge the fact that you do not know who is meant by they - hence the reason for the oversight.

If I were writing in a manner such as you have been presenting to us here on ATS over the past few months I surely would have identified who they are. Is there a problem with that kind of identification here on ATS or is it just a personal omission?

Whatever the reason this lack of identification takes much of the fire out of your writing and renders it in many ways "incredible." By that I mean your thesis loses a certain amount of credibility much in the way that a newspaper journalist loses credibility when he attributes his discoveries to an anonymous or otherwise "unknown source."
So - would you mind telling us who they are?

Notwithstanding the facts that the outright fascist inspired "Governments and Corporations are partnering, on several fronts to control just about every facet of our lives - especially in the areas of policing us, controlling our information in and outflows, and keeping us "safe" from one another." (paraphrase) you still have a responsibility to identify for the reader just who is it that is operating on behalf of these so-called "Governments and Corporations." If I know who they really are then perhaps you know as well, or you should.

See below for just a few examples of the use of the vague, and rather non-descriptive term they in this particular thread.

Thank you very much ...........G

==========================================================================

"they use wealth and position to try and seize our rights."

"Over the generations they've chipped away at those rights."

This is a weakness that they have been aware of and have sought to exploit since the very beginning.

On this field the tactical nuke is media. In this regard, they are the superpowers, because they control the nukes.

But they persist. they always persist. Enough is never enough. No amount of wealth or power can sate whatever drives these men... these little tin gods who occupy high offices and make sacrifices to their own egos for reasons I cannot even begin to understand.

.. .. .. they expend vast fortunes and lifetimes, one after another, seeking to take away what little the masses have. I guess, for some, having is not enough. It must be the thought of making sure others do not have that drives them.

In war, this love we have for these things could be called a situational opportunity - put politely. In blunt terms. It's an unguarded and open flank. And they know this.

So many of us make statements like "The day they come to take my rights and infringe upon my privacies, will be the day I meet them, on my porch, with my rifle in hand."

The government doesn't want to put you in a camp, where they'll have to feed and clothe you. they've already GOT YOU in a camp where you feed, clothe, and guard yourself. Not only that - but you also voluntarily work and will happily inform on all of the other inmates.
]

edit on 7-12-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

I deliberately use the term they because they are not a constant. It is an abstract that we deal with. The people who qualify as they today might die, end up in prison ( or disfavor ) tomorrow. It is like a throne. Regardless of who sits upon it, or their name, it is the seat of power.

Some choose the term Illuminati. Others say Rome. Still others prefer Government or Big Business. Some even say it's aliens from other worlds.

For some it's the God and the Devil - and their minions and servants.

I say the are all one in the same, rationally speaking ( though I personally draw the line where aliens and angels come in - that is a choice. I prefer to keep this world defined by this world. ). Those in the highest seats of power with vested and incestuous interests. On any given day the names of the people who meet that description will vary and the roster can change. But the thrones or seats of power are what remain constant.

We can see shadows of them ( Bilderberg, CFR, NSA, UN, etc ) - in the case of a handful of very powerful individuals we can even recite their names, or apply patriarchal dynasties that seem to qualify to them. But such things are inconstant.

For the sake of this discussion I will limit the scope of them to State sponsored intelligence agencies and Corporations. I include Corporations because this technology will not doubt be adapted and utilized in marketing, product design, and to further engineer the science of sales psychology.

I hope that answers your question.

~Heff

posted on Dec, 7 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Good post.

i've always been tech savvy, but the last few years have been shying away from it, for reasons you list and more.

I could of bought the latest web ready TV's but steered cleared of it. Same with cameras on my computers and mic's. If the person you are talking to can see and hear you so can a lot of government agencies.

Maybe i'am paranoid. But i don't trust the people behind the curtain.

My Grandfather always used to tell me never trust anybody especially the government. It took me a while to take his advice but i have.

i won't be one on those people running out and lining up to buy any new hi-tech 3d gaming consoles. I rather stand on my porch with my Saiga 12.

I don't even want to buy a new car cause of the black boxes being put in.

So again maybe i'am paranoid.
edit on 7-12-2012 by guitarist because: correction

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join