For the Skeptics who bash Dragonball Z, I challenge you

page: 1
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am calling out the skeptics of ATS who think DBZ is nonsense.

This is what DBZ is REALLY about. It's about standing up for your friends against a common enemy. Many people that have not seen DBZ bash it because "they scream", or "punch a lot", or it "looks like a Cartoon for kids". Well, try looking further into the anime and you will see that this book cannot (I daresay SHOULD not) be judged by it's cover.

I have made a video, made it high Def 1080p and in English for everyone to see.

All Rights for this video belong to Funimation Coorperation and Toei Animation:



Please watch the ENTIRE VIDEO Before making any sort of negative judgements please!
edit on 5-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)
edit on 5-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)




posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
This is my youth right here.

Nostalgia d hard, thanks.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 




I am calling out the skeptics of ATS who think DBZ is nonsense.

Well I guess you're not calling me out because I've never heard of it.

Is it a cartoon? Or a game?



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
dubbed anime just sounds stupid.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
dubbed anime just sounds stupid.


So do closed-minded individuals such as yourself. Dubbed DBZ is friggen awesome, the best I have seen to date out of any Anime.
edit on 5-12-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
My kids got me started on this a long time ago and I still watch it to this day.......LOVE IT !!!



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


Agreed.

On a serious note... I'll have you know, skeptics, that I spent many an hour trying to harness the energy to shoot a fireball from my hands.

Come to find out, I'm too powerful to do so.


Edit: At 25 years old I still love that show. DBZ Kai was kind of disappointing though
Freeza/Cell saga was the best.
edit on 5-12-2012 by iamhobo because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamhobo
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


Agreed.

On a serious note... I'll have you know, skeptics, that I spent many an hour trying to harness the energy to shoot a fireball from my hands.

Come to find out, I'm too powerful to do so.


I get the joke, but you are missing the point. Look beneath the fireballs and karate, and you will find something that actually teaches very good lessons of life.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


In case my avatar doesn't make it perfectly clear, I'll take my place on this thread with a special post in honor of Dragonball Z. This show has taught children everywhere how to have faith, how to love, how to never give up, and how to make your dreams come true. And, above all, it has taught confidence.

I'm on top of this one. Show some love!




Shout out to all you DBZ fans. Enjoy!
edit on 5-12-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Dragon Ball is a far superior series.

Hardly any filler, better animation and the story is actually interesting.

OVER 9000 is all I have to say about DBZ



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


DBZ gets me choked up... Extreme nostalgia, this show was my childhood



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
out of interest (from someone who has never watched DBZ), what other anime's do DBZ fans like?
do you get anime shows on tv in america?



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
reply to post by WiindWalker
 




I am calling out the skeptics of ATS who think DBZ is nonsense.

Well I guess you're not calling me out because I've never heard of it.

Is it a cartoon? Or a game?


Ah so it is anime.

I'm more of a Cowboy Bebop, Cashern Sins, and yes I'll admit it, Bleach fan.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


Ahhh Man, this is classic I remember being in Jr High when we were really into this.I'm 27 now and I still watch it with my son who is 8.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Dragon Ball is a far superior series.

Hardly any filler, better animation and the story is actually interesting.

OVER 9000 is all I have to say about DBZ


Actually if you watch Dragonball then Dragonball Z, it is way more meaningful in the end.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WiindWalker
 


Meh, I've watched ALL of it


The DBZ Kai is actually the better series than DBZ, simply the filler has been cut out and the relevant stuff left in.

GT on the other hand is probably my favorite.

My kids got me into bleach over the last few weeks...not bad.
edit on 12/5/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Bleach is awesome. But beware - it has more fillers than DBZ. Still, I'm surprised to hear GT is your favorite, considering it's regarded as the worst addition to the series, and not even a legitimate addition at that. Although Toriyama DID design SSJ4 Goku.

Kai made the graphics fantabulous, but took out all the blood and stuff. They don't even show the deaths.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Bleach is awesome. But beware - it has more fillers than DBZ. Still, I'm surprised to hear GT is your favorite, considering it's regarded as the worst addition to the series, and not even a legitimate addition at that. Although Toriyama DID design SSJ4 Goku.

Kai made the graphics fantabulous, but took out all the blood and stuff. They don't even show the deaths.


^ ^ ^ ^ Thats all I am going to say.



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   
DBZ, naruto, bleach even a cowboy beebop.
basically you guys like crappy anime (and you even watch the dubbed versions).
and you wonder why westerners think think anime is stupid?



posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower
 


Dragon Ball is a superior show as you stated, but Z is a great show in it's own right. There are FAR WORSE things out there than Dragon Ball Z...like Dragon Ball GT.





top topics
 
12
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join